3.2

Valparaiso
1101 E. Glendale Blvd
Valparaiso, IN 46383
1-800-244-0212

We have found Dr Madanes to be incredibly kind and confident. He communicates in a straightforward manner & really wants to help you have a healthy baby... he felt comfortable transferring 2-3 embryos at one time. After telling him our wishes, he said he was happy to accommodate us...he always patiently answers our questions & gives honest feedback.
They [nurses of Midwest Fertility Center] are patient & really desire for you to be comfortable. They tend to be busy, but they don’t rush when working with you...This clinic tends to be busy & we sometimes have to wait for a long time to be seen. We are always early to our appointments, but we typically don’t get seen at our appointment time slot. There is a lot of duplicate paperwork that you’re required to fill out each visit & the intake/billing area doesn’t have much privacy...
How was your experience with Amos Madanes at Midwest Fertility Center?
We have found Dr Madanes to be incredibly kind and confident. He communicates in a straightforward manner & really wants to help you have a healthy baby. He is the second doctor we have seen & so I think that made us feel comfortable with him quickly. However, if he was our first fertility doctor & we didn’t do our own research, I can see how his consultations could be intimidating & confusing. With that being said, he always patiently answers our questions & gives honest feedback.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amos Madanes at Midwest Fertility Center?
Do your own research about treatments, medications & procedures. Discuss these things with your spouse before meeting with the doctor. Dr. Madanes is not forceful in any recommendation; however, it’s helpful to go into it knowing your own information & expectations so you can make a treatment plan you feel comfortable with and not delay it because you aren’t prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amos Madanes at Midwest Fertility Center?
Because we visit a satellite office for most visits, the support staff know us by name, which makes each appointment more pleasant. At the main office in Downer’s Grove, there are a lot more patients, so people don’t necessarily know our names; however, everyone is very kind & helpful.
Describe the protocols Amos Madanes used in your cycles at Midwest Fertility Center and their degree of success.
At this point, the only protocols recommended to us were some vitamin supplements; fish oil, coq10, vitamin D and flax oil. These were recommended for both of us to take. I was prescribed a zpack for two of the three procedures I had to prevent any infection.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Midwest Fertility Center.
They are patient & really desire for you to be comfortable. They tend to be busy, but they don’t rush when working with you.
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amos Madanes at Midwest Fertility Center.
With our insurance, it partially covered some of the doctor visits & diagnostic testing. So we had a co-pay to pay with each visit & we were responsible for 10% of each procedure. Everything had to be paid up-front and we have had some surprise billing afterwards for amounts our insurance didn’t cover. Our insurance pays 0 for IVF, so that lump sum is required before we start that process. They do not have payment plans, but accept cash & cards.
Describe Amos Madanes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Fertility Center.
For us personally, Dr. Madanes said he felt comfortable transferring 2-3 embryos at one time. After telling him our wishes, he said he was happy to accommodate us. He did not really educate us about these options, but we had already done our research.
Amos Madanes
Chicago
Dr. Madanes is understanding and very compassionate with my situation. I liked that he is very blunt when it comes down to telling you what’s wrong but he will make sure that he’s not rude about it. He makes sure you understand what’s going on and break it down to you. ... I only had some exams with him, which was the HSG to check on my tubes and then let me know that my only Fallopian tube left is blocked and I was ready to start taking birth control which I took for a month but then I didn’t have insurance.
It’s [Midwest Fertility Center] very cozy and not alarming and scary. It’s very welcoming! The I lay thing that feels tricky is the way of making it to the clinic part. It can confusing but, they have signs to let you know where to go. .... I loved the atmosphere in the clinic. Everybody is so nice and always welcoming. ... The nursing staff were super sweet and always asking if I was okay. Before any procedure they made sure I was okay and comfortable.
How was your experience with Amos Madanes at Midwest Fertility Center?
He does beat around a bush, he will make sure he will find out what’s going on and give you answers.
I only had some exams with him, which was the HSG to check on my tubes and then let me know that my only Fallopian tube left is blocked and I was ready to start taking birth control which I took for a month but then I didn’t have insurance. So I stocked taking them per doctors order due to not having insurance and I did not have money to continue the treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Midwest Fertility Center.
The nursing staff were super sweet and always asking if I was okay. Before any procedure they made sure I was okay and comfortable. They always made sure I understood what was going on and they held my hand through everything! They made my experience feel amazing !!
Describe your experience with Midwest Fertility Center.
The strength of the clinic is amazing g. The atmosphere when you walk in is just amazing. It’s very cozy and not alarming and scary. It’s very welcoming! The I lay thing that feels tricky is the way of making it to the clinic part. It can confusing but, they have signs to let you know where to go.
I think overall of I don’t have insurance for the treatment, overall it’s about $15,000 to do IVF
I chose to have 2 embryos transferred. I want all the chances I can get to be a parent. He did not have a preference, he asked me what I wanted.
Amos Madanes