Amy Brown

Twin Cities-Edina
6405 France Avenue Suite W400
Edina, MN 55435
952-920-2730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amy Brown to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 85%Don't recommend: 15%9
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you can think of. She [Dr. Amy Brown] won't hesitate to answer every single one and talk through the process with you so you feel educated and equipped to move forward on your journey!...We couldn't figure out the ultimate reason for our recurrent miscarriages, but had a few highly potential reasons. Due to this, she recommended Quad treatment. We also did a Saline Infused Sonogram which found a polyp. During our D&C we had genetics testing done on the the fetus and we also did chromosomal testing done ourselves to see if we were carriers for anything. We also did blood clotting tests and progesterone tests. Once we were pregnant we continues baby aspirin until 36 weeks to reduce chance of blood clotting.
No weaknesses that I can think of [at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility]. Strengths are all rooted in a great staff and process for when things go right and when things go wrong. - giving space when hearing bad news, explaining things clearly, being personable and supportive!...[nurses are] Great! Timely, knowledgeable, supportive all the things you look for in a nurse!...in the case that my insurance did not cover one test (products of conception testing) the doctor and the billing staff supported me in fighting insurance to get it paid for.
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Amy Brown at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Dr. Brown is personable, knowledgeable, patient, kind, resourceful, and supportive. She is an OB, however she has treated my whole self with a regular check in on mental health too. If she is ever running late she is very apologetic, but I don't mind because when we have had losses we had lots of questions too and had very long appointments. I would want her to do the same for others since those appointments meant the world to my husband and I. She also came to visit me at the hospital for my first delivery even though she wasn't on call.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Brown at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you can think of. She won't hesitate to answer every single one and talk through the process with you so you feel educated and equipped to move forward on your journey!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Brown at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
On our very first visit, Dr. Brown listened and gave us a list of things we could look into based on our health history. She explained how we could call the billing office, get codes, and call our insurance too in order to see which procedures would be covered. This allowed us to decide for ourselves what things we would want to move forward with in regards to uncovering why we continued to have miscarriages. She explained each procedure in full and what timing would be needed for each as well since it would be important to time off of my cycle. We ended up having one more miscarriage while under her care, but prior to us being able to complete the full list of procedures. She had been on vacation during that time so another doctor met with us about our options, however she called to apologize for being gone during such an important time in our care and relationship with her. It meant a lot to have someone who was on this journey with. Especially someone we trusted and appreciated. She also has since explained any additional options once becoming pregnant (now for our second child) to ensure we continue to have successful pregnancies and that my mental health is good as well.
Describe the protocols Amy Brown used in your cycles at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
No weaknesses that I can think of. Strengths are all rooted in a great staff and process for when things go right and when things go wrong. - giving space when hearing bad news, explaining things clearly, being personable and supportive!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Brown at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
most things were covered under my insurance and in the case that my insurance did not cover one test (products of conception testing) the doctor and the billing staff supported me in fighting insurance to get it paid for.
Amy Brown
Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility
Twin Cities-Edina
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amy Brown at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.