Medical SchoolUCSF
Los Angeles
1127 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017
213.975.9990
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amy Dhesi to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Dhesi has been an incredible doctor through this process. I always feel comfortable with her and she explains everything to me and my husband very clearly. She doesn't rush and will discusses pro and cons with each procedure...She laid out all of the options and recommended first steps based on our situation. We were able to follow her recommendation (clomid and IUI) and were pregnant the first cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a MMC. Later we got pregnant on our own and were monitored very closely by Dr. Dhesi. I was diagnosed with a SCH and later had another MMC. She doesn't hesitate to check anything that may be a potential contributing factor and I appreciate that. During our last loss, she suggested next steps and I am comfortable following her recommendations.
European, Black or African-American, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Dhesi has been a great doctor from the beginning. She has answered EVERY question we have and does not rush through our appointments. She has been very clear with our treatment and I definitely feel as though she cares about me as her patient.
Describe the protocols Amy Dhesi used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I would say Dr. Dhesi has a very proactive strategy. She laid out all of the options and recommended first steps based on our situation. We were able to follow her recommendation (clomid and IUI) and were pregnant the first cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a MMC. Later we got pregnant on our own and were monitored very closely by Dr. Dhesi. I was diagnosed with a SCH and later had another MMC. She doesn't hesitate to check anything that may be a potential contributing factor and I appreciate that. During our last loss, she suggested next steps and I am comfortable following her recommendations.
Most of the nurses have been awesome. There have been a couple of nurses who were inconsiderate during difficult appointments.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Very efficient. Most of the time they run on time and are clear with the process of the appointment. I appreciate that I can email to contact the nurse and ask questions. Occasionally, it can be difficult to get through by phone to talk with the appropriate person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Insurance covers 50% and we pay 50% coinsurance
Los Angeles- Sunset
She [Dr. Amy Dhesi] was very caring and concerned with our situation. I turned 44 during treatment, at which time KP no longer does fertility treatments, and she did everything she could to try to get us to have a successful outcome in the short time we had.... She also recommended several options outside of KP for us to turn to after we were released from her program.... Don't be afraid to ask questions, she's very receptive to answering any concerns you have and open about the process and possible outcomes.
How was your experience with Amy Dhesi at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She tried very hard to help us have a successful outcome, and had we not 'aged out' of Kaiser's program, I have every confidence that we would have succeeded. She also recommended several options outside of KP for us to turn to after we were released from her program.
She was very caring and concerned with our situation. I turned 44 during treatment, at which time KP no longer does fertility treatments, and she did everything she could to try to get us to have a successful outcome in the short time we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Salpi)
All of the nurses and staff were amazing. Very friendly and open and caring.
I only had to pay for co-pays for office visits and prescriptions. Both were very reasonable rates.