Nurse available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolTexas Tech U
ResidencyU of Virginia
FellowshipBaylor College
6651 Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
832-826-7500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Amy Schutt to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Baylor / Texas Childrens to a friend?
2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Schutt] is a good listener and has good bedside manner. She will answer every question and tell you the truth. I feel like she’s very knowledgeable and will listen if you have and idea or a suggestion. On the down side, it’s hard to sometimes get her to do the procedures or even make an appointment...she did say a multiple pregnancy was high risk, and that she couldn’t put mother and babies at risk “on purpose”. That her goal was 1 healthy baby.
2017 - 2019
European, Latino
How was your experience with Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
She is a good listener and has good bedside manner. She will answer every question and tell you the truth. I feel like she’s very knowledgeable and will listen if you have and idea or a suggestion. On the down side, it’s hard to sometimes get her to do the procedures or even make an appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
She’s very sweet. Ask everything you need, she will answer and listen to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
She has a warm bedside manner, but will tell you the truth. She is a good listener and answers all the quiestions.
Describe the protocols Amy Schutt used in your cycles at Baylor / Texas Childrens and their degree of success.
She used 100mg of clomid for the IUIs and the timed intercourse. Then she used 450 of gonal f, 2 vials of menopur, cetrotide and the trigger. She also used HGH to prime. Her rationale (even when I asked her about mini ivf) was that with DOR women, this was the protocol research confirmed worked best. She also mentioned that if it didn’t work out, she would be happy to try something different.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor / Texas Childrens. (Assigned nurse: Bobby )
She is flexible, knowledgeable and approachable. She will repeat the information a thousand times if necessary. The team as a whole is very good.
Describe your experience with Baylor / Texas Childrens.
The clinic is very good. The staff is nice and tries to do their best always. Their equipment is very modern and the consultation rooms are cozy. They even have a tea cart that goes some days I have nothing bad to say about them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens.
Each iui was $600 out of pocket, and the clomid as well. Then my husband changed jobs and had a better insurance that covered 10k in fertility meds and 10k in procedures. I still had to pay over 5k out of pocket for medications and I’m still waiting for the procedure bills. The insurance won’t cover a 2nd ivf cycle, and out of pocket costs are around 13k
Describe Amy Schutt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baylor / Texas Childrens.
I only have 1 embryo, but she did say a multiple pregnancy was high risk, and that she couldn’t put mother and babies at risk “on purpose”. That her goal was 1 healthy baby.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens.

She [Dr. Schutt] was very thorough and very compassionate towards me! She is an IVF Mom herself and understands the struggle that we go through. Throughout the treatment, she teaches residents or fellows, sometimes both. It made me feel good to have more than one person monitoring my care. The only draw back to her is the long wait for our initial consultation. After that, appointments were easy to schedule.
How was your experience with Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
She was very thorough and very compassionate towards me! She is an IVF Mom herself and understands the struggle that we go through. Throughout the treatment, she teaches residents or fellows, sometimes both. It made me feel good to have more than one person monitoring my care. The only draw back to her is the long wait for our initial consultation. After that, appointments were easy to schedule.
I would tell prospective patients that the level of care and compassion that she provides is worth the long wait for an appointment.
She really took the time to explain my course of treatment to me. She really seems to care about the outcome of my case.
Initially, I had cysts on both ovaries due to previous treatment. I was put on birth control to make the cysts go away for one cycle. During this time, I never felt that she "forgot" about me. Now that the cysts are gone, we are proceeding with an IUI with Letrozole and Ovidrel.
I was impressed with every nurse that I met. I had a death in my family during treatment and I was afraid that it would impact my treatment. The Nurse called me immediately and we were able to adjust my meds and go forward with the IUI.
Describe your experience with Baylor / Texas Childrens.
The clinic staff seem very compassionate and competent. The only drawback is the long wait for an appointment. They are very accommodating once you make an initial appointment. They always had ultrasound appointments available, and some people have trouble scheduling these appointments with their work schedule. Just know that TCH/BCM is an academic institution. You will have residents/fellows observing your treatment.
I don't have anything to compare it to, but it seems on-par with the cost of other clinics.
Houston

She [Dr. Schutt] did some more testing on both my husband and I and found things that were unnoticed by previous doctors. She took the time to not only go over what each item meant, she gave us a solution but more than anything she gave us hope back. Every time we go into see her she reminds me that she had IVF done as well. She always makes sure that I leave with all my questions answered and leave my worries with her. I truly believe I can give her my worries of this journey and she gives me hope.
How was your experience with Amy Schutt at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
As stated before, My husband and I had seen fertility doctors before who told us we were not meant to be parents. Each and every time that doctors words come to my mind Dr. Schutt goes out of her way to explain what great parents we will be. She always asks "what do you think about this" which gives me a moment to pause and say the fear or questions I have. She is never rushing us to the next person, I don't think I have seen her wear a watch or have a clock in her office. I often cry at appointments and when I say " I am sorry for crying" she always tells me that She cried a lot to and it is normal to cry. I know that doctors in fertility know the desperation everyone has when they visit. With the other doctors I always felt like a walking dollar sign but with Dr. Schutt, I feel like she is on my team. I feel as though while we are fighting this battle she has picked up the sword and is running full force in to the mess with us. No strings attached. Just wants to help us.
Skip everyone else. See her first
My husband and I have now seen four fertility doctors. Dr. Amy Schutt is by far the best doctor. When my husband and I started on this journey we were told by someone at another clinic that I was not fit to be a mother because of the my views on a topic. Nautically that was hard to process. Like every doctor, our first visit with Dr. Amy Schutt she asked us what our experience was on this journey. After sharing what happens she stopped the appointment to tell me what a great mother I would be and that she would help me get there. She did some more testing on both my husband and I and found things that were unnoticed by previous doctors. She took the time to not only go over what each item meant, she gave us a solution but more than anything she gave us hope back. Every time we go into see her she reminds me that she had IVF done as well. She always makes sure that I leave with all my questions answered and leave my worries with her. I truly believe I can give her my worries of this journey and she gives me hope.
We started seeing her a few months ago, I did an ultra sound and some labs. I took some medication to start my period because I had not ovulated in over 3 months. Since then we have been playing the waiting game to see what is the best option. At first we planned on doing IUI this month however my husbands labs came back lower than we planned, so she took them time to explain IVF to us. A few of my friends have tried and lost children in IVF so I felt like I lost all of my hope. She sat with us for 30-45 minutes to calm me down and even changed my mind on IVF. I know we are in the begging stages of all of this, but I feel so much hope with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor / Texas Childrens.
I cant say enough great things about the staff. They always tried to make me laugh (with out being weird) they were helpful and they always knew my name.
Describe your experience with Baylor / Texas Childrens.
They are welcoming and very understanding of your situation. From the moment you walk in the office till you walk out to the hospital I feel surrounded by love and hope. They are never in a rush to talk about money, they understand that we are not made of money and they look for ways to help.
That really depends on insurance. Our visits are $80 each time. Blood work depends on what they are looking at but when I went it was $120. We looked at IUI and for everything it was $625 and now we are saving for IVF which for meds and everything around $25K (at most)