Anate Aelion Brauer

Manhattan
110 E 60th St
212-203-4826

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr. Brauer is confident and backed by credentials. I appreciate her directness and ability to be aggressive. But for me, I felt like my diagnosis and treatment was all following a protocol without a real consideration for my unique situation and reaction to meds. I've gone through each cycle with a lot of doubt about it actually working... and as someone paying 100% out of pocket, it is a tough decision to continue coming back without the confidence that Dr. Brauer is considering me, specifically, as a patient.
[Greenwich Fertility's] Strengths: Easy to schedule appointments, online portal with all test results Weaknesses: rotating doctors and nurses, the only time you can speak with your doctor is to make a follow up appointment, otherwise you will speak through a nurse, and when you speak with a nurse (not necessarily one who knows your situation), hours are M-F, 7:30am-5pm only...Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
How was your experience with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Don't be afraid to keep pushing back and asking questions, even if Dr. Brauer acts like your question is silly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
My diagnosis was very generic, without much interest in root cause. I felt like she was just interested in prescribing the same course of treatment for everyone. Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
Describe the protocols Anate Aelion Brauer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Brauer used very standard protocols to induce ovulation. She started me with Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. Then, because my lining was thin switched me to letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. When I asked to try a timed intercourse cycle, she only recommended letrezol because "I would ovulate on my own" (which I didn't) we also used 1mg Estradiol to improve my lining, starting when my follicles were >14mm. In that final cycle I never ovulated and she recommended I consider IVF. None resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
There were two nurses I really liked (Molly and Alisa), the others were cold and rude to me. The nurses appeared to rotate along with the doctors, so I never knew which nurse I would see.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
About $3500 for an IUI cycle. $4500 for my failed cycle with extra monitoring.
Anate Aelion Brauer