Good

Anate Aelion Brauer works at

Manhattan
110 E 60th St
212-203-4826

[Dr. Aelion Brauer is] very cheerful and positive, but at the same time give you a realistic expectation. She does speak very fast, which sometimes make you feel like you are being rushed, but seems that it just the way she talks, because she always answer your questions thoroughly...modified the protocol to Estrogen patch protocol, and this time we got 1 euploid embryo. The embryo was transferred, and I'm currently, 28 weeks pregnant with a baby girl!!
The nurses are very sweet and helpful [at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center]. They give on-time updates, and answer questions to the best to their ability. I think the nurses are the best...Monitoring hours are between 7 - 9 AM. It can get very crowded in the morning, but I don't have problems during my time there. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes, and that wasn't very often...They have 3 locations, which is very convenient, and multiple doctors. You would be assigned to one primary doctor, but if your primary doctor is not available, they will assign you to another. Seems like this clinic is pretty well-staffed.
How was your experience with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
She's very cheerful and positive, but at the same time give you a realistic expectation. She does speak very fast, which sometimes make you feel like you are being rushed, but seems that it just the way she talks, because she always answer your questions thoroughly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
She tends to talk fast when explaining things. So, if you need time to digest, make sure you ask her to slow down.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Brauer is very sweet, gentle, and she truly cares about her patient. She encourage me not to give up after the failed IUI, and 1 IVF cycle. She explains the procedure thoroughly with me and my husband.
Describe the protocols Anate Aelion Brauer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
We did 3 IUIs with clomid that were unsuccessful. We move forward with IVF cycle with birth control pill, that resulted in 1 aneuploid embryo, and 1 highly mosaic embryo after PGS test. So, we decide not to proceed with transfer, but did another IVF cycle. For the 2nd IVF cycle, dr. Brauer modified the protocol to Estrogen patch protocol, and this time we got 1 euploid embryo. The embryo was transferred, and I'm currently, 28 weeks pregnant with a baby girl!!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The nurses are very sweet and helpful. They give on-time updates, and answer questions to the best to their ability. I think the nurses are the best.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Based on the insurance billing, looks like IVF cycle is about $10-11K per cycle, not including the medications. Medications is around $4-6K per cycle.
Describe Anate Aelion Brauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Dr. Brauer would prefer eSET.
Tuckahoe

The offices [Greenwich] are bright, cheerful and warm. The other patients in the waiting room acknowledge each other and say hello. Convenient parking. Enough chairs in the waiting room- when I went to a NYC clinic with a satellite office in the burbs, sometimes there were not enough chairs for everyone to sit. It made the waiting room uncomfortable....The nurses in the Tuckahoe office were the best. They were kind, compassionate and patient in explaining results to me, scheduling appts at my convenience and answering my questions. They were readily accessible. The called me back in timely fashion.
From day one, I felt that Dr. Brauer listened to me and reviewed my chart from the other hospital. She kept adjusting and tweaking my treatment plan (protocols) throughout the year that I worked with her. She was warm, kind, compassionate and sincere. She was a shoulder to cry on with bad news and the person screaming the loudest with good news. I was beyond fortunate to have met her. Her dedication to helping people get pregnant is evident. She called with most of my results and I appreciated that.
From the moment I walked into the Tuckahoe office, I felt at home. The atmosphere is warm, inviting and calming. The office staff knew my name and addressed me fondly each time I arrived. I did not feel like a number. I felt like they were my biggest cheerleaders. I went to a NYC "factory" IVF clinic and no one could care less about me let alone know anything about my history.
The nurses in the Tuckahoe office were the best. They were kind, compassionate and patient in explaining results to me, scheduling appts at my convenience and answering my questions. They were readily accessible. The called me back in timely fashion. Seeing them so often during the monitoring period, was reassuring. They always asked how I was doing and listened!
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The offices are bright, cheerful and warm. The other patients in the waiting room acknowledge each other and say hello. Convenient parking. Enough chairs in the waiting room- when I went to a NYC clinic with a satellite office in the burbs, sometimes there were not enough chairs for everyone to sit. It made the waiting room uncomfortable.
Luckily my IUI were covered and I had 3 IVF covered with insurance. I only had to pay for copays including office visits and medications.
I was an older patient and the rationale for single embryo transfer was explained in detail with me- ie risks to the mother and baby. In the end, I only had a single embryo to transfer.
Greenwich

The greenwich office [of Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] front desk is perfectly fine but Dana at the Tuckahoe location is on point. She is so knowledgeable and very friendly. It does not get better than her.... Molly [a nurse] is absolute perfection. She and Dr. Brauer appear to be a real team. Molly is friendly and on top of her game always making sure I leave with clear direction for next steps.
From the get go I felt like Dr. Brauer was the right doctor for me. Everyone in my life tried to get me to go to NYC but my gut (which is very accurate) always felt confident in Dr. Brauer's care. Her personality made me want to grab a cup of coffee with her yet her brilliance was evident. Dr. Brauer called me personally for my exciting positive pregnancy test and my disappointing news of a chemical pregnancy. Both times she shared in the emotion of the call, super excited for the good news and leaving me with a positive outlook after the bad. I have trusted Dr. Brauer's game plan implicitly and have complete faith she will get me pregnant. I have and will continue to refer Dr. Brauer to anyone who is looking for a doctor with the total package, great personality and brilliant.
Be present through the fertility journey ..take one day at a time
When I ran into Dr. Brauer at Whole Foods she gave me a hug. It doesn't get more human feeling than that. In the office, we will connect on a person level like notice we share the same nail color then get down to business.
So far I have done 3 iui. Each with clomid and ovidrel trigger shot. I usually have about 3 mature follicles. One IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Molly )
Molly is absolute perfection. She and Dr. Brauer appear to be a real team. Molly is friendly and on top of her game always making sure I leave with clear direction for next steps.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The greenwich office front desk is perfectly fine but Dana at the Tuckahoe location is on point. She is so knowledgeable and very friendly. It does not get better than her.
So far my appointments were mostly co pay only with the exception of the actual IUI which I believe was $725...IVF is $10,500
Greenwich

I really felt that Dr Brauer was personally invested in getting me pregnant. She hugged me before the retrieval and again after the positive pregnancy test. She shared details of her own story that put me at ease and allayed my fears. We had a very straight forward and successful IVF, but her upbeat attitude told me that even if we had a setback she'd have a plan b and another path to success.
It's inevitable that you won't always see the same doctor because they operate more than one location. As a result some of my key procedures [at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] were performed by other doctors, all of whom I was meeting for the first time during the procedure. While that was frustrating, I've been told it's standard at all the clinics. Most of the doctors were great. There is one that has a terrible bedside manner, although i'm told he's an excellent technical doctor. Having him perform a procedure isn't a bad thing knowing that he's very good at what he does, you'll just need to call Dr. Brauer later to get the information (and compassion) you're looking for.
Working with her office means taking some appointments with other doctors in the practice and they do not all have her bedside manner.
The office was wonderful. The nurses were all quick to share their own stories as a means of reassuring me of the probability of success. Dr Brauer was always quick to return a call or see me whenever i needed to come in. Her bedside manner put me totally at ease. She communicated all steps in the process in our first meeting and at every step reassured me that this will work- and she was right!
I had a 100% tubal blockage after a ruptured appendix and subsequent abdominal infection. There was no discussion of IUI or other treatment options. I began with 10ish days of birth control, then began a stimulation cycle of gonal and medipure. I had an hcg trigger, a successful retrieval of 11 eggs, which developed into 9 initial embroys and four 5 day embryos. We transferred one fresh embryo and froze the other 3 for the future. The transfer was successful and i am now 9 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
The entire staff was fantastic. They are always asking how I feel and offering advice on how to cope with the side effects of treatment. I never had to call and chase anyone. They called when they said they would and always gave results promptly and with full details. They were happy to sit down and go through all the financials and review our insurance coverage. The entire office made the process as easy as it could be.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
It's inevitable that you won't always see the same doctor because they operate more than one location. As a result some of my key procedures were performed by other doctors, all of whom I was meeting for the first time during the procedure. While that was frustrating, I've been told it's standard at all the clinics. Most of the doctors were great. There is one that has a terrible bedside manner, although i'm told he's an excellent technical doctor. Having him perform a procedure isn't a bad thing knowing that he's very good at what he does, you'll just need to call Dr. Brauer later to get the information (and compassion) you're looking for.
The office feels very private. There were rarely more than 1 or 2 other people in the waiting room when I was there. I rarely waited more than 10 minutes to be seen and once they called me to say the Dr. was running behind and to come later. They didn't want me to sit in the waiting room for an hour so they let me reschedule for later the same day which I really appreciated. Monitoring was fast and I expected it to be a bigger time burden than it really was.
I believe the total cost was close to $20,000 (including drugs, copays, egg storage, etc), but fortunately our insurance coverage was substantial and our out of pocket was less than $5,000.
Greenwich
The first cycle [with Dr. Anate Aelion Brauer] was fully monitored. After that, we moved on to 5mg of Letrozole days 3-7. During the Letrozole cycle, we found out that my husband has a robertsonian translocation. Dr. Brauer left it up to us if we wanted to continue with the cycle naturally. Ultimately we decided to move forward and pursue IVF if this does not work...really listen to me and was willing to jump right in to treatment and figuring out what was going on.
[Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center has] several locations which is nice. You always see your doctor (not on a roatarion like some clinics), the offices are very nice and always on time. They were even able to get me in very last minute with no delay...The nursing staff is excellent. After just a few visits, everyone knew me by name. It felt as if I was their only patient...The first cycle [with Dr. Anate Aelion Brauer] was fully monitored.
Dr. Brauer has a great bedside manner. She is always on time and, I’m my opinion, was aggressive in her persute of treatment (in the best way). She explains each step and lays out all of the options available. She seems to really focus on individualize care and not just applying the status quo
Be ready to jump right in!
Dr. Brauer really listen to me and was willing to jump right in to treatment and figuring out what was going on.
The first cycle was fully monitored. After that, we moved on to 5mg of Letrozole days 3-7. During the Letrozole cycle, we found out that my husband has a robertsonian translocation. Dr. Brauer left it up to us if we wanted to continue with the cycle naturally. Ultimately we decided to move forward and pursue IVF if this does not work.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
They have several locations which is nice. You always see your doctor (not on a roatarion like some clinics), the offices are very nice and always on time. They were even able to get me in very last minute with no delay.
So far, we have paid $715
Tuckahoe
Dr. Brauer made the experience of starting our family an amazing journey. She was compassionate about our "two mommy" home and supportive of our journey. She always answered our questions, big or small. In addition, she was available as our cheerleader and supporter, as well as the person to guide the whole process. When we found out we were pregnant, we were emotional that Dr. Brauer would not be part of the rest of journey but grateful that she made our dreams come true.
For the amount of time you spend in the office [Greenwich Fertility & IVF Center] during this process, it should feel comforting and this was!! Every member of the office staff, nursing staff and the doctors made you feel comfortable. Everything was personalized; I felt as thought they were part of the whole process from start to finish.... Dr. Brauer became a part of our family very quickly. We felt an immediate connection to her. Dr. Brauer listened to what we wanted and helped guide us on the path to achieve our goals.
Dr. Brauer became a part of our family very quickly. We felt an immediate connection to her. Dr. Brauer listened to what we wanted and helped guide us on the path to achieve our goals. She succeeded and we happily have a healthy baby boy.
Warm, friendly and the " go to" liasion throughout the whole fertility process.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
For the amount of time you spend in the office during this process, it should feel comforting and this was!! Every member of the office staff, nursing staff and the doctors made you feel comfortable. Everything was personalized; I felt as thought they were part of the whole process from start to finish.
Paid majority out of pocket for the IUI process; was able to use insurance coverage for basic office visits and coverages.
2017 - 2019, Successful
The clinic [Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] is very clean and all of the staff is very responsive. I was comfortable seeing other doctors when Dr. Brauer was not there. Everyone was very friendly. I had an issue with payment and my insurance and they didn’t harass me about paying. I like that there are multiple offices so that you could follow your doctor depending on their schedule...She [Dr. Anate Aelion Brauer] definitely preferred to transfer one embryo vs 2 but due to my quality she was comfortable transferring two...She was very delicate when discussing our plan. She hugged us during both the happy and sad times. I felt like she was on this journey with us...she is very clear with her explanations of what to expect and we worked as a team to come up with a plan that everyone was comfortable with. I cannot think of anything negative to say about her. I thought she was so great that we went to her again for baby #2
Ask questions!
I felt very comfortable in their care.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The clinic is very clean and all of the staff is very responsive. I was comfortable seeing other doctors when Dr. Brauer was not there. Everyone was very friendly. I had an issue with payment and my insurance and they didn’t harass me about paying. I like that there are multiple offices so that you could follow your doctor depending on their schedule.
I only had to pay a deductible and copays. The rest was covered by insurance.
She definitely preferred to transfer one embryo vs 2 but due to my quality she was comfortable transferring two.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Brauer was a caring and warm provider. I always felt like she was invested in what we were doing and in my results. She always took the time to answer my questions and clarify any confusion. She provided positive support while not giving unrealistic expectations...she adjusted my protocol from cycle to cycle, and even within a cycle if it seemed necessary....
I went to a nearby and highly qualified clinic before coming to Shady Grove. I truly felt like just a number at the other clinic. I suppose it doesn't really matter if they get the job done, but SGF got the job done while treating me like a human with feelings...Debs (Deborah) was always supportive and available for questions if needed. I felt that she cared about my results. I felt incredibly confident in her expertise and level of care
How was your experience with Anate Aelion Brauer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Again, Dr. Brauer was a caring and warm provider. I always felt like she was invested in what we were doing and in my results. She always took the time to answer my questions and clarify any confusion. She provided positive support while not giving unrealistic expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anate Aelion Brauer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Brauer was incredibly warm and caring during my care. She seemed genuinely disappointed when there was bad news, and very excited when she called to tell me that my embryo had implanted. I loved working with her.
Describe the protocols Anate Aelion Brauer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember these details. I do know that she adjusted my protocol from cycle to cycle, and even within a cycle if it seemed necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Deborah Lurie)
Debs (Deborah) was always supportive and available for questions if needed. I felt that she cared about my results. I felt incredibly confident in her expertise and level of care. The other nurses I dealt with (Lily, Sara, Victoria(?)) were all wonderful as well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anate Aelion Brauer at Shady Grove Fertility.
For four egg retrievals and one embryo transfer, we paid about $60,000. I believe $20,000 of this was for medication. It should be noted that this was with insurance coverage for the first two cycles, and one cycle where I spent significantly less than otherwise on medication because I had access to leftover medication from someone else.
Describe Anate Aelion Brauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
This wasn't something we discussed. I had two viable embryos after 4 retrievals, and wouldn't have wanted to implant both even if she'd supported it. I do know that I'm already a high risk pregnancy so I don't expect that any doctor would have supported that choice.
Manhattan