Not available by email
808.262.0544
407 Uluniu Street
Kailua, HI 96734
808.262.0544
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Anatte Karmon to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii to a friend?
She [Dr. Karmon] was easy going and walked us through our results from the first sperm analysis. Our analysis seemed extremely abnormal but referred my husband to a Endocrinologist and a Urologist. She gave us a game plan and now we are just waiting for our results to see if we have to do IVF with ICSI or if there is another option for us. She seemed hopefully that if my husband could get his blood sugar (he has Type 1 diabetes) down
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at IVF Hawaii?
She was easy going and walked us through our results from the first sperm analysis. Our analysis seemed extremely abnormal but referred my husband to a Endocrinologist and a Urologist. She gave us a game plan and now we are just waiting for our results to see if we have to do IVF with ICSI or if there is another option for us. She seemed hopefully that if my husband could get his blood sugar (he has Type 1 diabetes) down there is a possibility we could conceive naturally. So we are awaiting to see his results from his second sperm analysis. Since it was the right time during my cycle at our consult we did a test to see if there was any fibroids in uterus. Everything came back normal. She gave us hope. And that means the world to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at IVF Hawaii?
She’s awesome. And don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at IVF Hawaii?
She was understanding and hopefully we will conceive. Still trying to figure out the root of husbands infertility but she had some thoughts and gave us a options.
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at IVF Hawaii and their degree of success.
We are still in the process for our second consults. Husband needs to repeat his Sperm analysis. In the mean time he’s going to be working with an Endocrinologist to help bring his sugar levels down. She suggested I start taking prenatal vitamins and CoQ10 In the mean time. Once we get the results from His second sperm analysis will figure out what’s the next step for us.
Describe your experience with IVF Hawaii.
They are able to serve to outer islands. Our first consult we didn’t have to fly out and they are willing to do phone consults as well. This was something that was not available to us at the first fertility specialists that was refer to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anatte Karmon at IVF Hawaii.
No costs at this time but it is estimated we will spend better 4-5K
IVF Hawaii
Kailua Medical Arts

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anatte Karmon at IVF Hawaii.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. ... They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii?
From day one Dr. Karmon has always made me feel like we can achieve our goals. She has helped me keep faith in this long, dreadful journey. When things didn’t work as planned, she would assure me there is still more possibilities and would adjust our plan of action. Her compassion is like no other and I always felt like she was right there with me. I actually referred my best friend to her. My best friend had 2 recurrent unexplained miscarriages and after her second one I suggested she contact Dr. Karmon for help. I trusted her so much that I sent my best friend to her for help. My best friend is now about to give birth to a baby girl in April.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii?
To trust In Dr. Karmon. She knows what she’s doing and with her help she will lead you in the right direction.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii?
For the first couple cycles it took a veryyy long time for my follicles to be ready for ovulation stimulation. Dr. Karmon knew how frustrating it was for me and she expressed multiple time how frustrating it is for her as well because she knows how frustrating it is for me. It made me feel like she really wanted results for me just as much as I do.
Describe the protocols Anatte Karmon used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii and their degree of success.
For the first cycle, because of insurance, we had to do timed intercourse. Because I have PCOS I don’t typically have regular cycles. They started me on Provera for 10 days. I had to do a HCG which showed my left tube was blocked and had polyps in my uterus. Dr. Karmon did a hysteroscopy to remove the polyps. The next cycle we started with Provera and then Femara. After no results with Femara, we moved on to Follistim. For the first 2 cycles with follistim at 100 units, it took just about 30 days for my follicles to respond. The remaining cycles, Dr. Karmon introduced a steroid with the Femara in the beginning of the cycle to hopefully help my follicles react sooner. With the steroid it took my follicles less than a week of follistim!!!! After my last failed IUI, we discussed IVF and are due to start the medication once I get my period.
Nursing staff is so amazing. Because I have been there so many times over the cycle of my journey, all of the staff know me by name. It’s a nice feeling when you are made to feel like family when dealing with something so difficult
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii.
Strengths-Friendly, compassionate, make you feel like family, able to schedule in a timely manner, upfront pricing, help you with the confusion of insurance costs I honestly can’t think of any weaknesses. I have not had one bad experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii.
Costs after insurance: About $40 for scans and bloodwork, done 3-7 times per cycle $178 per IUI after military discount and insurance Total prepayment for IVF after insurance $5000. Not including any medication or other tests during IVF
Describe Anatte Karmon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii.
Dr. Karmon highly recommended eSET and said that she would allow up to two but really preferred to do one because my husband and I are both young and healthy.
Kailua Medical Arts

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anatte Karmon at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Karmon] is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person...After a few failed rounds of clomid with my regular OB, we tried two IUIs, then at Dr. Karmon’s recommendation, we went straight for IVF. She felt we should do IVF not only from a cost standpoint but because I was a good candidate for it to be successful...At our request, Dr. Karmon let us put in two frozen embryos for the first transfer which resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth of our son. For the second round, I discussed the risks with her and we decided on one which has resulted in a positive pregnancy with a baby girl due in June.
European, East Asian
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Karmon was was very direct and clear in her communication. We saw her at almost every appointment and she was a great match for us. She took the time to look into all options and was very straightforward in letting us know her opinions on how she thought we should proceed. We saw her for two successful pregnancies and have recommended her to other friends going through infertility.
Be very clear in what you want and be willing to trust her professional opinion. She is very professional and as you work with her more you’ll see that she is a very warm person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Taylor )
First care coordinator, Aisling was very knowledgeable, however she has since left the practice. Taylor was good but seemed like she was new and had to ask Dr. Karmon for answers before she could get back to us on a lot of things.
They are very busy! But the staff is great. They do have locations around the island so sometimes scheduling can be difficult if you only have certain times/days and your dr is at other clinic locations on certain days. They are pretty good about being on time for your appointments, parking is validated and basically everything can be done in office.
Around $11,500 for everything - PGS, IVF, drs visits, meds, etc
4 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
I rarely saw her [Dr. Anatte Karmon], she only did one ultrasound and my egg retrieval. It was my first time doing IVF so I had a lot of questions. I didn't always feel like she had the time to explain things to me. She was a nice person but did not have the warmest bedside manner.... She did not really explain things to me in as much detail as I would have liked. She did not do all of my monitoring, just the egg retrieval. Her bedside manner was not the warmest.
4 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
I rarely saw her, she only did one ultrasound and my egg retrieval. It was my first time doing IVF so I had a lot of questions. I didn't always feel like she had the time to explain things to me. She was a nice person but did not have the warmest bedside manner.
Other nurses will see you for most of your appointments so she doesn't really get to know you.
Since it was my first IVF she used a high dose of meds, as no one knew how my body would react.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology of Hawaii. (Assigned nurse: Jae )
My IVF coordinator nurse Jae was amazing. She was warm and compassionate. She answered all of my silly questions and made me feel like she really cared. I feel like she knew me better than my doctor and I spent far much time with her.
Anatte Karmon

I was doing an IUI while on vacation which was unusual for them but they treated me like they would any other patient -- with care.... I wasn't assigned a doctor as we were just doing an IUI. But as a whole it was a good experience with everyone we came into contact with. I'm not sure the name of the person who performed the IUI; she was kind and informative.
No advice. As always, do your research first and pick a doctor that you feel will listen to you and will support you best.
This was an IUI cycle with monitoring, clomid and trigger shot.
The nurses were kind, gentle and on top of things.
This clinic was willing to work with my clinic back home to make my IUI happen while on vacation. It was pretty simple as all of my monitoring was done at my home clinic. They were happy to help and took good care of me.
approx. $230 for an IUI with sperm washing (not including monitoring)
Honolulu