Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
Atlanta Perimeter
5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328
770.928.2276
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Andre Denis to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 7Don't recommend: 18.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ACRM to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 45Neutral: 7Don't recommend: 68.8
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Denis always greeted us with a hug and a smile. He always took into account our emotional and financial stability. He never pushed procedures on us simply to benefit him and the practice, he wanted what was best for us...He always went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable with each procedure and test being done. He also doesn't give up on his patients, he is willing to continue with treatment as long as you are willing and able. He never pushes treatments on you, though. If you aren't ready to try ivf, he will continue other treatments as long as you would like. He always offers options...
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
Dr Denis is a wonderful Doctor. He is caring and compassionate and he truly wants to see all of his patients become parents. He always went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable with each procedure and test being done. He also doesn't give up on his patients, he is willing to continue with treatment as long as you are willing and able. He never pushes treatments on you, though. If you aren't ready to try ivf, he will continue other treatments as long as you would like. He always offers options. After we had multiple failed transfers with our own eggs, he layed out all of our options... Continue ivf with our own eggs, use donor eggs, or adoption. He didn't try to persuade us in any direction, he wanted us to make the best decision for us. He truly has a personal connection with his patients.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
Go in with an open mind, but don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to tell him your fears as well as your expectations and desires, he will listen and take it to heart.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles and their degree of success.
For my first IUI, I was on Clomid. I responded very well, a little too well for a typical IUI, I produced 5 follicles. For my second IUI, he switched me to Femera. Clomid and Femera "talk" to the brain differently, he explained. Clomid tells your body to ovulate where as Femera tells your body to choose the best egg to ovulate. I produced 1 follicle that cycle. For my third IUI, he kept me on Femera and I produced 2 follicles. All of those resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For my first IVF, I was on birth control pills for 2 weeks. When I stopped taking the birth control pills, I began injectable hormones 3 days later, Gonal-F and Menopur. For my first egg retrieval, I was on lower doses of both of these medicines because of the way I had responded on Clomid, he believed I would respond well on the injectable medicines and didn't want me to develop OHSS. However, I didn't respond as well as they thought I would so after 6 days they increased my dosage some. After 12 days on the hormones I had my egg retrieval. We retrieved 11 eggs, 9 fertilized and 4 made it to day 5 embryos. We transferred one embryo on day 5 for a fresh transfer. It resulted in a negative pregnancy test. A few months later, we did a frozen embryo transfer. For that cycle I was on estrace pills for a few weeks and then we added progesterone injections 5 days before the transfer. That transfer resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I miscarried, though, at 8.5 weeks. A few months later we transferred our remaining two embryos during a frozen transfer cycle. That resulted in a chemical pregnancy. For my second egg retrieval, Dr. Denis doubled my dosage of medications from my first cycle. We were hoping to get a lot of eggs so we could send the embryos off for PGS testing. I produced a lot of follicles, 17 on the day of the retrieval, however only 6 of those follicles had mature eggs in them. Out of those 6, 2 fertilized and 1 made it to day 5 to transfer resulting in a negative pregnancy test. That is when Dr. Denis diagnosed me with poor ovarian reserve. We then switched to donor eggs. For our donor egg cycle, we used frozen eggs. They were thawed and fertilized and on day 5 we transferred 1 embryo. I was on the same protocol I was always on for frozen embryo transfers, estrace pills and progesterone injections. I am now 34 weeks pregnant with that baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
My nurse, Mikesha, was extremely easy to work with. She was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had. She called me in a timely manner with all test results. She also seemed to care on a more personal level, like Dr. Denis. When the results were good, she celebrated with you, when they were bad, she was compassionate and sensitive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Overall the clinic and the staff are very caring and compassionate. All of the nurses, doctors, and coordinators seem to understand what a difficult, sensitive, emotional time this is for the patients. They all are happy to see successful endings. One of their weaknesses is that they have gotten so big and have so many patients that it is sometimes difficult to get the answers you want as quickly as you'd like. For the "less important" test results, you don't always get a call on the same day even though they will tell you they'll call you that afternoon, especially if my nurse was out of the office. There were times I had to call in order to get my results. The weekends were when this happened most often because only one of their 4 locations saw patients and their weekend staff was limited.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments.
Monitoring appointments were typically very smooth. There was a specific window in the mornings, 8-10 that they scheduled monitoring appointments and blood work. If you were not having blood work done, you could come in at a later time for the monitoring ultrasound. The appointments were scheduled, but it was more of a first come first serve basis. If my appointment was scheduled for 8:30, but I arrived at 8:15 and the person who's appointment was at 8:15 was not there yet, they would see me first. They didn't make you wait until your appointment time. This was very nice because you rarely had to wait long to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis.
The cost for our IVF cycle was $16,700. This did not include medications and this was with no insurance coverage. This included all monitoring visits, the egg retrieval, fertilization, monitoring of the embryos, the lab fees, doctors fees. Once you paid that amount, you did not receive another bill from them for that cycle.
What specific things went wrong at this clinic?
2006 - 2007
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
...Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later.
2006 - 2007
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
I went to ACRM and Dr. Denis as a second opinion after being told to use egg donation. Before he concurred he gave me one last go at IVF with my own eggs. I got cancelled the day before retrieval. After this transpired he agreed that Egg Donation was the right course of action for me. I got pregnant with twins through egg donation. At the three month mark I graduated to to my OBGYN. At my first appointment with my obgyn it was determined that Baby B had a severe omphalocele. My high-risk doctor performed a selective reduction on Baby B. Two days later Baby A died as a result of the procedure. I had a D and C. Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later. In all that happened to me the worst day was the day that Dr. Denis told me there was no hope. I still believe he owes me an apology. I think he has no recollection of me and my case but one day I will introduce him to my children!!!
Don't go.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
That practice did not give you one Dr, they all saw you - you rotated through depending on who was in the office that day. Dr. Denis was my main doctor but when other doctors came in they did not always know exactly where I stood in my cycle, progress, situation, condition, etc.
Because I had already done clomid, IUIs, IVF and was being refered to Egg Donation his one last attempt to do IVF with my eggs before making his own assessment of Egg Donation he used the highest doses possible on that cycle of IVF. Regardless I was still cancelled the day before retrieval,
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Smaller practice and office which was nice. They don't keep you with one doctor, they have meetings weekly to discuss the patients in treatment but as the patient it feels like they don't really have a handle on who you are or what your situation is.
Atlanta Perimeter
Dr. Denis clearly provided us with our options but was very clear to not give us false hope...Considering my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis and poor ovarian reserve, Dr. Denis provided us the option to do the most aggressive protocol of IVF and hope for the best. In February 2018, we completed our egg retrieval and now have three grade 1 frozen embryos!...I’m so grateful for him overlooking statistics and taking a chance on us!
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
I was diagnosed with endometriosis in February 2017, had laproscopy surgery in May and was given the “there is nothing more we can do” in November. This was my experience prior to finding ACRM and Dr. Denis. We made the long drive to Atlanta expecting similar results, fortunately, that wasn’t the case. Dr. Denis clearly provided us with our options but was very clear to not give us false hope. In that appointment we found hope again that had been ripped away just the month before. Considering my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis and poor ovarian reserve, Dr. Denis provided us the option to do the most aggressive protocol of IVF and hope for the best. In February 2018, we completed our egg retrieval and now have three grade 1 frozen embryos! More than once Dr. Denis reminded us to make the decision that was best for us and that would leave us with no regrets. I feel that with his guidance we made the right decision and will continue to do so. He is most concerned with giving us that family we want not just treating the diagnoses or getting one healthy baby. His plans for ensuring we have our future family go above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! I’m so grateful for him overlooking statistics and taking a chance on us! Because of this I will be eternally grateful for his care regardless of our end result. Dr. Denis cares about people and it is obvious is his every day care!
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
Remember...no regrets. IVF and Infertility care in general is not easy by any means. Dr. Denis has given us multiple opportunities to make decisions, which are not always easy, but he encouraged us to really think beyond the moment before making these important decisions.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
From the moment I met Dr. Denis everything changed. One month earlier I had been turned away by another RE and told to pursue donor eggs. This encounter was definetly the most positive experience I’ve had in our 5 year journey. He said “ it’s 2017...we will get you a family” after he discussed in great detail our options while also ensuring he didn’t give us false hope. Those words gave me hope again after it had all been ripped away!
In my times of desperation or when my mind ran away I googled, like everyone else. I found new treatment options and data from all over the world. Honestly, I was willing to try anything. Many of the things I found Dr. Denis encouraged such as acupuncture and the use of CoQ10 for egg health. Testosterone was also part of my protocol again, due to poor ovarian reserve. Hearing “you’re a success story” at my follow up appointment after the retrieval was all I needed to be a believer in each of those things!
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Efficient is he vest way to describe the clinic staff. My protocol required weekend appointments which are not favorable, however, they value your time and I was in and out in no time! Each time I’ve been to the clinic is see familiar faces. That in itself is important to me!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Efficiency is their top strength in my book! The clinic understands and values your time while not making it seem like a factory at the same time. Everyone has been so kind and caring. Greeting you as you walk in and out of the door and in the hallways. I can’t say enough things about the clinic!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis.
We were aware from the beginning that our costs would be at the higher end of the spectrum due to my need for the intensive protocol. This meant more frequent testing and more medications. After our meeting with Dr. Denis we met with a nurse and immediately knew what to expect about costs. They were able to call in medicines to a nearby pharmacy which specialized in fertility meds to cut down on the costs. We were definitely grateful for that!
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Denis made my husband and I feel calm and reassured. He took his time with us and made us feel very comfortable and "normal" through the process. Infertility is a very alienating experience and Dr. Denis spoke with hopefulness that we would conceive a child successfully.... My husband is an AML- Leukemia survivor. He had blood drawn for genetics testing. If you receive bone marrow you cannot receive accurate genetics testing results. This was an oversite by ACRM. However, the genetics testing agency, Counsyl, caught the error and notified ACRM. The blood sample genetics testing was cancelled by Counsyl before payment was required, thankfully.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
I would tell the prospective patient to be forthcoming about all their medical history so Dr. Denis can rule out any unknowns during the treatment process. Also to be relaxed because Dr. Denis is very down-to-earth.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Denis was so kind upon first meeting. He made me and my husband feel comfortable and did not pressure us to pursue any option that we were not comfortable with. He laid out the options for us and spent as much time as we needed answering questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Tulsi has been very helpful in this process. She has provided me with all the information I have requested in a timely manner. She is very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
When you first meet with the clinic, you are assigned a doctor, nurse, and patient care coordinator. At first, it is confusing as to whom you should speak to about particular questions. The patient care coordinator sets appointments and the nurse answers all medical questions. I felt there was a lot of confusion with the patient care coordinator and that role coordinating with the nurse. I am not far into the process so I am still figuring everything out. Since my last appointment, communication is running much more smoothly.
The meds range from 6-8k, anesthesia $500, 25k for embryo testing and transfer
What specific things went wrong at this clinic?
Marietta
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Denis is very personable and easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility and spoke very openly and honestly about the process. He has been a wealth of knowledge and able to answer any and all questions we have had. He is a caring and warm Dr. who has a vested interest in our journey and has made this journey much easier...We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
As a patient of Dr. Denis, I have felt very calm and at ease through this process (as much as possible). He explains things in a way that we understand and answers any and all questions we have. We had an IUI scheduled and another doctor was scheduled to perform it for us, but Dr. Denis rearranged his schedule for the day to ensure he was the doctor completing the IUI. During our first embryo transfer, Dr. Denis made a point to come in and talk with us before and his demeanor showed how invested he was with us. He has always been very compassionate and caring through every step of the process. At one point through our journey we did seek out a second opinion. After meeting with the other Dr. we could easily see the difference and what made Dr. Denis so special. We are still on our IVF journey, but we have put of faith and trust in Dr. Denis.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
Be open and ask any questions you may have.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
IUI- all three times I took 150 mg of clomid and did a trigger shot the night before the procedure. Throughout the cycle we had several ultrasounds to track the progress of my ovaries. IVF- I was taking a lower dosage of medication because I was at risk for overstimulating. I can remember exactly the medication I took, but I know for sure menopur and gonal-f. My medication also increased as I got closer to retrieval. We had several ultrasounds to track the progress as well. FET- I started with estradiol and increased the dosage as we went on. I also had Progesterone injections nightly. The FET was scheduled when the time was right hormonally and that was checked by Bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Our nurse is amazing. She too has invested a lot of interest and compassion throughout our infertility journey. She is very prompt in returning emails and phone calls no matter the time or day. She even wrote me a letter that we received during our two week wait following our FET. I adore our nurse.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM has been wonderful. The facilities are convenient and very up to date. The ease of booking an appointment is wonderful and the wait time is always minimal. Everyone in the office has a caring and compassionate demeanor which is very calming and encouraging. The entire staff is there to help if you have any questions. I can’t say enough wonderful things about ACRM. Plus, I love that they are open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis.
We have made several payments to ACRM. We have paid for initial infertility screenings, 3 IUI procedures, countless bloodwork and ultrasounds. We have paid for egg retrieval procedure as well as one frozen embryo transfer. We paid for genetic testing for 12 embryos and all of the medication for every cycle as directed.
2009 - 2010
Dr.Dennis was not only professional but it felt like I was finally dealing with a human being that could explain fertility in an easy to understand way.... Dr Dennis found what was wrong with me and it was the first time in all the years that someone nailed it. Once he figured it out then the treatment part was almost logical and easy to follow...always welcomes you with a smile. He is patient when explaining all the details and leaves plenty of time for questions.
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
First let me start by saying that my 2 kids are a result of Dr.Denis so I may be a bit subjective. Dr.Dennis was not only professional but it felt like I was finally dealing with a human being that could explain fertility in an easy to understand way. He's war and caring and I would recommend him to anyone I know.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
I would recommend any patient to trust him and to be patient. Sometimes it takes a few cycles to figure out what's wrong. Dr Dennis found what was wrong with me and it was the first time in all the years that someone nailed it. Once he figured it out then the treatment part was almost logical and easy to follow.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Andre Denis always welcomes you with a smile. He is patient when explaining all the details and leaves plenty of time for questions.
I remember doing lots of tests both my husband and I. He would share the results right away and explain what was next.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Dr.Dennis nurse was cheerful, very tactful and amazing at drawing blood :). She felt like family too after a few consultations.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I would recommend anyone to ACRM. I wish other doctors were as organized and caring as ACRM. If I had questions they were just a phone call away. I found the office to be nicely decorated and pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis.
Can't remember but I do remember that they tried to file as much as possible. They went over the statements with me. At the time they were competitive and not crazy expensive.
2009 - 2010
Dr. Denis was kind. He communicated completely about the positives and negatives of the process specifically regarding our situation. He explained what was happening in each stage and developed a plan that gave us the best opportunity to have our child... Every doctor, nurse or staff member was compassionate and knowledgeable. Whether we saw our primary doctor and nurse or another, we felt like we were in good hands. All appeared to be familiar with the specifics of our situation, whether or not we had seen them previously.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
Listen to what he says and trust that you are getting the best opportunity to conceive.
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
Dr. Denis and his entire staff were kind and sensitive to our situation. They are fully aware of how vulnerable a couple can be during this process.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Laura was especially attentive and compassionate. She always listened and took time with us. She and the rest of the staff were so excited to hear about our pregnancy. They were the best.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I didn’t find any weaknesses. Every doctor, nurse or staff member was compassionate and knowledgeable. Whether we saw our primary doctor and nurse or another, we felt like we were in good hands. All appeared to be familiar with the specifics of our situation, whether or not we had seen them previously.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs.
IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Denis] is the best, honest, realistic doctor I've met. He gave me a plan for hope. He saved us from unrealistic expenses and saves us heartache with trying my damaged eggs. Number one was a healthy baby...He made me feel hopeful that I could be a mom...Frozen embryo transfer protocol, using birth control pills to shut off my hormones, estrace to build up lining, progesterone 5 days before transfer, continuing for 10 weeks of pregnancy.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Andre Denis?
He is the best, honest, realistic doctor I've met. He gave me a plan for hope. He saved us from unrealistic expenses and saves us heartache with trying my damaged eggs. Number one was a healthy baby.
What one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis?
See him ASAP and make a plan!
During treatment, did you feel like you were treated like a number or a human?
He made me feel hopeful that I could be a mom.
Describe your experience with your nurse.
Wonderful, patient, helpful, answered all my questions and felt like they were part of a team with us to make this work!
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Wonderful to deal with, organized, felt as if in very good hands. Only weakness is price, had to take out a loan to afford it.
Embryos made, 2 FET, ultrasounds, medications, $39K