5.5

5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328
770.928.2276

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
we only saw our doctor [Dr. Andre Denis] at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day...We found out pertinent statistics to our cycles AFTER critical decision points. For example, we were not verbally informed of the survival rates of embryos from the thaw...until after we didn't have one of our two embryos survive the thaw on transfer day. For me personally, I like to know more information rather than less so I can manage my expectations. 2) We had three failed cycles and each time we found out from someone we didn't know. Dr. Denis said this is normal for doctors not to be the ones to share the news and got defensive when we brought it up. I am not s
While everyone was nice, the communication between different people playing a role in your cycle [at ACRM] was annoying at best and catastrophic at worst. This is important because we only saw our doctor at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day. Here are some of the smaller things that would make the practice more patient-centric (this feedback has been shared with ACRM): 1) Electronic SIgnature software (like Docusign) for all of the paperwork. Coming into the office or printing and finding a notary was extremely cumbersome. 2) Adhering to 24 hour email response/phone call time. This was not with our second nurse Meghan, but this was a big issue that left me hanging multiple times with our first nurse. 3) Having the patient's team completely on the same page. Namely, if the doctor says things like "supplements and acupuncture aren't necessary," but then the nurse says otherwise, it is confusing. 4) Providing patients with a folder or website with all pertinent information in one place like: phone numbers and contact info for their team at ACRM, Info for the Pharmacy, injection guides, pertinent st
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
When you are one on one with Dr. Denis he seems to exhibit understanding and compassion. For the first three egg retrievals before the transfer process, we left feeling optimistic about next steps and grounded in a firm outcome of what happened during the last cycle. We also never felt rushed and he answered all the questions we brought to him. He is not the right doctor for you, however, if you like more grounded statistics and forthcoming details of the process. While he will answer all the questions you ask, when you are going through any piece of this for the first time, you might not know what to ask. Additionally, our last conversation did not go well with him and ultimately cemented our decision not to go back to him at all in the future. While my husband and I both know IVF doesn't mean the outcome of having a baby, there are two places where we feel let down by him: 1) Dr. Denis had clearly stated in an earlier debrief in March, "I feel confident you have one child between these two embryos." We did not have a child between those two embryos and now know that potential was misrepresented and overstated. When questioned about this, Dr. Denis got defensive and said, "This is just biology rearing it's ugly head." I would have rather heard that in March than be filled with false expectations. 2) We did not have critical information at key times in our cycles which could have impacted our decisions. Without going into vivid detail, we became aware of things that could go wrong AFTER they could go wrong, leaving us with few if any options. For people with large amounts of embryos, this might be less pertinent. We had fewer embryos and EVERY decision point was crucial. While there might be lines buried deep in consent forms of risks, some of the outcomes we got were never brought up in initial conversations. When we brought his up, twice, he mentioned it was in the consent forms.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
If you like to by assuaged with hope and have unlimited funds to put towards this journey, Dr. Denis will be a good fit for you. If you prefer someone who speaks more accurately and thoroughly, he is not the right fit for you. Additionally, if you do choose Dr. Denis, I would recommend having a lawyer read your consent forms with you to walk you through all of the key points.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
When we were in the same physical location with Dr. Denis, we found him to be engaging and thoughtful. This is true of most of the staff we encountered (not all, but most). I would especially like to highlight nurses Patty and Ellie as well as Meghan (whom we had as the main contact on our last cycle). Working with them was always a positive experience. While everyone was nice, the communication between different people playing a role in your cycle was annoying at best and catastrophic at worst. This is important because we only saw our doctor at the beginning of the cycle and the end of the cycle - he was never involved in the day-to-day. Here are some of the smaller things that would make the practice more patient-centric (this feedback has been shared with ACRM): 1) Electronic SIgnature software (like Docusign) for all of the paperwork. Coming into the office or printing and finding a notary was extremely cumbersome. 2) Adhering to 24 hour email response/phone call time. This was not with our second nurse Meghan, but this was a big issue that left me hanging multiple times with our first nurse. 3) Having the patient's team completely on the same page. Namely, if the doctor says things like "supplements and acupuncture aren't necessary," but then the nurse says otherwise, it is confusing. 4) Providing patients with a folder or website with all pertinent information in one place like: phone numbers and contact info for their team at ACRM, Info for the Pharmacy, injection guides, pertinent statistics and FAQs for their procedure/cycle. Without these things, we go to Google. Those were the smaller things that are "nice to haves," but we also had bigger issues with communication that made us feel ever more like a number. 1) We found out pertinent statistics to our cycles AFTER critical decision points. For example, we were not verbally informed of the survival rates of embryos from the thaw...until after we didn't have one of our two embryos survive the thaw on transfer day. For me personally, I like to know more information rather than less so I can manage my expectations. 2) We had three failed cycles and each time we found out from someone we didn't know. Dr. Denis said this is normal for doctors not to be the ones to share the news and got defensive when we brought it up. I am not sure what the standard is in medicine for sharing bad news, but regardless - hearing the news from someone else always us with alot of questions after we got the news from someone else as they didn't know our whole story or context.
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
I stimmed three times - I had an endometrioma on one ovary, so was operating with only one ovary. Each cycle (I believe), he increased the dosage of Gonal F and Menopur. We added HGH the second and third cycles. I then would start Cetrotide for several nights followed by three trigger shots (one lupron, then the trigger, followed by another lupron). I got 8, 9, then 10 eggs each cycle (mainly from the one functioning ovary). For the transfer, I was on Estradiol for about three weeks with progesterone in oil added five days before the transfer until the last beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Meghan Kent)
For our first two cycles we had Tulsi - she has gotten good reviews from others on this site, but she was a disaster for us to work with. She seemed checked out and unresponsive (perhaps a moment in time for her, but that was our experience). Meghan Kent was our nurse for our third transfer and moving forward - she was a breath of fresh air. Super responsive, on top of things, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Pros: -Facilities are very nice -Nursing staff is very very kind -All procedures seemed to run smoothly Cons: -Communication (see earlier large example with Dr. Denis, with the addition of smaller things like having to send consent forms to multiple people multiple times and lack of responsiveness from first nurse.) -Small improvements could make a big difference (things like electronic signatures, appointment reminders for monitoring visits, FAQs, etc)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
Each cycle, including ICSI and PGS testing, was around $14,000. Medications ran between $4000-6000, so around 20k per cycle. The transfer of one embryo cost around $4000 (slightly over). Medications for the transfer were covered by insurance.
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Dr. Denis highly recommended ICSI and PGS testing to then only do eSET. I don't remember multiple embryos in one transfer being a conversation. Fresh transfers are also not an option. In retrospect, I wish we had the option of a fresh transfer as we lost one of our viable embryos in the freeze process.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
Please see earlier comments.

2006 - 2011, Unsuccessful
...Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later.
[ACRM is a] Smaller practice and office which was nice. They don't keep you with one doctor, they have meetings weekly to discuss the patients in treatment but as the patient it feels like they don't really have a handle on who you are or what your situation is...Because I had already done clomid, IUIs, IVF and was being refered to Egg Donation his one last attempt to do IVF with my eggs before making his own assessment of Egg Donation he used the highest doses possible on that cycle of IVF. Regardless I was still cancelled the day before retrieval,
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I went to ACRM and Dr. Denis as a second opinion after being told to use egg donation. Before he concurred he gave me one last go at IVF with my own eggs. I got cancelled the day before retrieval. After this transpired he agreed that Egg Donation was the right course of action for me. I got pregnant with twins through egg donation. At the three month mark I graduated to to my OBGYN. At my first appointment with my obgyn it was determined that Baby B had a severe omphalocele. My high-risk doctor performed a selective reduction on Baby B. Two days later Baby A died as a result of the procedure. I had a D and C. Two weeks later I went back to Dr. Denis to discuss the matter and what course of action to take next. I wanted to stop all RE efforts for 6 months while I went holistic to take a different approach. Dr. Denis told me that it would be unethical for him to agree to do that. That is was basically hopeless and that he would not work with me on my new plan. I went to another practice, found someone who would work with me and had twins with my own eggs via IVF 18 months later. In all that happened to me the worst day was the day that Dr. Denis told me there was no hope. I still believe he owes me an apology. I think he has no recollection of me and my case but one day I will introduce him to my children!!!
Don't go.
That practice did not give you one Dr, they all saw you - you rotated through depending on who was in the office that day. Dr. Denis was my main doctor but when other doctors came in they did not always know exactly where I stood in my cycle, progress, situation, condition, etc.
Atlanta Perimeter

I think a strength of Dr. Denis is that he can easily talk to couples/individuals. He asked us questions about ourselves before he jumped straight into the infertility rabbit hole. He was very personable in that way.... We were told IVF is our only option and that any other route would be a waste of time and money.... It felt more like a really good sales pitch and not what was in our best interest as a couple.... We scheduled a visit and when we showed up they said we weren’t on their appointment list for the day
One time we showed up and they didn’t have us on schedule even though we spoke we the coordinator. They quickly fit us in! The facility [ACRM] is very nice and clean. The entire staff is great! Easy to talk to and so helpful. I’ve met 2 of the doctors so far and they definitely go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.... The staff at ACRM are amazing. So kind and compassionate.... Also, we had conflicting information about when certain results would be available to us.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
Go into it with questions ready. He will answer any and all!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ACRM.
The staff at ACRM are amazing. So kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
One time we showed up and they didn’t have us on schedule even though we spoke we the coordinator. They quickly fit us in! The facility is very nice and clean. The entire staff is great! Easy to talk to and so helpful. I’ve met 2 of the doctors so far and they definitely go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
Around $2000
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
We scheduled a visit and when we showed up they said we weren’t on their appointment list for the day. The quickly fit us in. Also, we had conflicting information about when certain results would be available to us.
Atlanta Perimeter

He [Dr. Denis] is a kind man, but I didn't pay $20,000 for that I paid for results. After my first failure with a pgs tested embryo he wasn't willing to look into why it failed. I switched doctors and found out they [ACRM] never let my whining get thick enough. I also found out I have a blood clotting disorder and MTHFR. Sure enough, after switching doctors and moving my last two embryos and transferring them I am now pregnant with my son.
They [ACRM] are way too pushy with opinions and aren't ones for letting patients really be involved in their own care. I lost my embryo due to this doctor's [Dr. Denis] carelessness. ... I switched doctors and found out they [ACRM] never let my whining get thick enough. ... I would have to think very hard about it before I recommended the Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine to anyone. ... This Clinic is very overpriced, disorganized and completely all about profit.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
He is a kind man, but I didn't pay $20,000 for that I paid for results. After my first failure with a pgs tested embryo he wasn't willing to look into why it failed. I switched doctors and found out they never let my whining get thick enough. I also found out I have a blood clotting disorder and MTHFR. Sure enough, after switching doctors and moving my last two embryos and transferring them I am now pregnant with my son.
I would not go to him if you're infertility is female related.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
This Clinic is very overpriced, disorganized and completely all about profit. They are way too pushy with opinions and aren't ones for letting patients really be involved in their own care. I lost my embryo due to this doctor's carelessness. I would have to think very hard about it before I recommended the Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine to anyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
It was about $30,000 for one round of IVF, including medicines transfer and pgs testing