Andre Denis

Atlanta, GA 30328
770.928.2276

1 patient review filtered by:

2018 - 2019, Consult
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving [with Dr. Andre Denis]. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF...He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be...If I had to choose, I probably would have chosen a woman doctor to have, probably because I would just feel more comfortable, not that Dr. Denis has made me feel uncomfortable in any way. He has been nice, informative, and very open about what the next steps would be.
Everyone has been very nice [at ACRM]. I just wish some would remember to smile :)...Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
How was your experience with Andre Denis at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andre Denis at ACRM?
Ask all the questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andre Denis at ACRM?
I felt that I was just another number because of how quickly I felt things were moving. Of course, I want things to move quickly because we obviously want to conceive. Although he is very cordial, I felt that he was almost rehearsing a memorized speech for people choosing IUI and IVF.
Describe the protocols Andre Denis used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
We haven't gotten this far in the treatment process, but I did flag on labs regarding my adrenal glands. I had that lab retested, and he told me before hand if the DHEA was still elevated, he would want me to get an MRI, which is the next step for me right now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Tulsi Parikh)
Everyone has been very nice. I just wish some would remember to smile :)
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Very nice. Like any other doctor's office, you have to wait for your appt, and I've waited past my appt time to be seen. Make sure your insurance is accepted there. With my insurance, labs were not covered and had to be sent to Lab Corp, which is fine, but they did tell me I would have to pay OOP for some during treatments that needed to be known right away. When I had my HSG done, I had to go to a different clinic. The NP and radiologist were nice, but I felt like I was just a number there, too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andre Denis at ACRM.
I had to pay co- pays each time, but my insurance covered most of my labs and most of my husbands labs. We had to pay OOP for semen analysis and some genetic labs. I have Anthem BCBS, and we are still working through what is covered, etc.
Describe Andre Denis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I was expecting to be notified about initial labs drawn last year. These were complete work up labs. I had emailed my nurse coordinator about them, and she told me they were all normal. When I went back to the consult after these had been drawn, I was notified that something was NOT normal, my DHEA, specifically something regarding my adrenal glands. If I had known sooner, I felt that I could have had labs redrawn sooner and had an MRI sooner, but my husband and I also decided to take a break around this time. When I had my HSG, I had to call the after hours number because my prescription for antibiotics had not been called in. The NP was very quick to call me back and tell me she would take care of it right way, and the next day I got a phone call that my meds were ready!
Andre Denis