5.6

200 Executive Center Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
877-455-2182

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Reh is very professional and sensitive to how emotionally fraught infertility treatment can be. She always treated us and our decisions with respect...I also appreciate that from the beginning she emphasized that my behavior or diet or supplement regimen was not contributing to my infertility. I was confident that she was trying the treatment that had the highest odds of success.
I think the [SGF] clinic’s strength is the shared risk program and the convenience of early morning monitoring which minimizes the interruption to your professional life. The biggest weakness would be the minimal contact with your doctor during the treatment cycle and discouraging of direct correspondence with your doctor...eSET is preferred but two embryos transferred due to multiple failed cycles.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is very professional and sensitive to how emotionally fraught infertility treatment can be. She always treated us and our decisions with respect. She was understanding when we initially sought treatment at another clinic for financial reasons and also understood that finances affected other decisions like opting out of PGT-A testing. I also appreciate that from the beginning she emphasized that my behavior or diet or supplement regimen was not contributing to my infertility. I was confident that she was trying the treatment that had the highest odds of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don’t expect to be able to reach her directly. I have heard that other doctors in the practice are more accessible. She would call to give important results but otherwise all communication is through her nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I appreciate that she expressed sincere sympathy with my failed cycles and I never felt like she forgot my treatment history when we spoke. Her tone always reflected the reality of the situation - that she was trying different protocols in hopes that it would make a difference but that I was a unique case that didn’t fit basic expected outcomes.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Lupron stop protocol yielded 1 abnormal embryo, antagonist with estrogen patch protocol yielded 1 embryo and miscarriage, micro lupron flare yielded 2 embryos and miscarriage. The goal with each was to increase my low number of mature eggs but changes in protocol did not yield a different outcome, despite trying different trigger times/types.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley was very responsive on the portal which I really appreciated. I was often at work where I had little privacy so I appreciated that I could discreetly get the information I needed in a timely way. I always felt like she was in my corner.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think the clinic’s strength is the shared risk program and the convenience of early morning monitoring which minimizes the interruption to your professional life. The biggest weakness would be the minimal contact with your doctor during the treatment cycle and discouraging of direct correspondence with your doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
22,500 for shared risk plus cost of medication
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
eSET is preferred but two embryos transferred due to multiple failed cycles.

2020, Consult
[Dr. Andrea Reh] made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle...She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment...Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Weakness [at Shady Grove Fertility]: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY...Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment...Staff are all phenomenal. Kind, personable, helpful. One nurse shared her own SGF story with me (she was a patient before becoming and employee)...It was explained that single embryo is preferred. I am not at this stage yet so we will see what happens in the future
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
At this time I have only met with Dr. Reh once for my consultation. She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment. My insurance does not cover IVF so I decided to begin with IUI for a few cycles. Dr. Reh moved forward with my desired treatment. Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Have all documents in order to present to her so that she can review them with you in the room. If she has questions she can ask. Make notes of your questions and ask them at the end...once she is finished talking
Dr. Reh was thorough and very matter of fact which is a quality I like. She presents as a little rehearsed in effort to ensure she gets all pertinent information out prior to allowing questions to be asked. My suggestion with her would be to take notes as she speaks and at the end seek clarification on details. She is open about the structure of SGF in that you will not likely meet with her after the consultation but she and her team are involved in monitoring the process closely. Dr Reh also made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle. Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment
Initial ultrasound, one month of birth control, Clomid (5 days) and Gonal f injection plus trigger shot, IUI. I am currently still taking the Clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Herbert)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I appreciate them for remaining open during COVID 19 madness. They have taken measures to reduce number of people in clinic during monitoring hours. Weakness: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY.
Kaiser insurance: thus far $377 for Rx, $450 for IUI, $30 office visit
Arlington

Dr. Reh was honest in her assessments, if not a little conservative in her estimates of our chances of conceiving. She seemed up to date on the latest literature. She answered all of our questions. She made adjustments to my treatment as we went in response to how I was progressing. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience...
The [SGF] clinic was nice and clean. Street parking was generally available. Exam rooms were comfortable. I didn't usually have to wait much longer than my appointment time. They don't do some of the procedures at the Arlington location so I had to go to Fairfax for extraction and transfer, but weekday appointments were a breeze in Arlington...My only complaint was that they did not use the Patient Portal to the fullest extent
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was not especially warm, but she was extremely knowledgeable and competent.
Dr. Reh was very matter of fact. She was not especially warm, but she was very knowledgeable. I felt confident in her abilities.
Gonal-F (225 IUs) and Menopur (75 IUs) evenings; Cetrotide in the mornings; Lupron trigger; 27 eggs released; 21 mature eggs; 12 embryos; 7 day-5 or day-6 blastocysts; 2 chromosomally normal blastocytsts; 1 male child
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
The staff called when they said the would, appointments were easy to make, and most documents were available on the patient portal. My only complaint was that they did not use the Patient Portal to the fullest extent. For example, they sent treatment documents, outcome documents, and billing information all through the email option. They never posted information to the different links (billing, test results, etc.).
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic was nice and clean. Street parking was generally available. Exam rooms were comfortable. I didn't usually have to wait much longer than my appointment time. They don't do some of the procedures at the Arlington location so I had to go to Fairfax for extraction and transfer, but weekday appointments were a breeze in Arlington.
We did the shared risk program (guaranteed live birth or most of the fee is refunded). I believe that was $28,500 (due to my age). Meds on top of that for one cycle were ~$4,000.
Dr. Reh preferred single embryo transfer and we agreed
Arlington

I felt like just a number [at Shady Grove Fertility]...Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up...Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up. She also never reached out after my loss. My egg retrievals and transfers were done with another Dr. I had no communication with Dr Reh except my initial consult and once I graduated (maybe one call in between that time).I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
I felt like just a number with this Dr and clinic. I only had communication with her at my consultation and when I graduated from SGF. All other communication done were through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them.
20k
Fredericksburg

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Andrea [Reh] was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest...As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing.
Shady Grove has cutting-edge technology and gives you confidence in the procedures and treatments. They have many different locations and everyone from front desk staff to the physicians are extremely kind. At times, I had some difficulty getting super specific information or suggestions about finances....The entire nursing staff was always very kind. I felt very comfortable and welcome....I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Andrea was very thorough in exploring all of my options. As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing. In fact, when I apologized for asking so many questions, she told me that it was her job and to ask her everything I needed to. In addition, I was told to contact her with further questions. She encouraged me to keep all of my options open and explore all possibilities. Each time I go, Andrea makes me feel that I matter and am not just another number.
That she is very nice and thorough - don't hesitate to ask her any questions.
Andrea was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest.
I had fibroid surgery while I was under Andrea's care. I had all of the testing done to assess readiness for IVF. My treatment was pause in order to secure proper financing. We discussed transferring my eggs from NY, using egg donors, and using sperm donors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: first nurse is no longer there)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I was able to use insurance only for the fibroid surgery. Everything else has been out of pocket - my insurance does not cover anything. I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
Annapolis

Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail....Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her...I did three unmedicated IUI...I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.)
The clinic [Shady Grove] did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui...Definitely a factory...easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail. Most of my interaction were with other staff at shady grove, which were not always as positive.
Try to get more time and check in more with Dr. Reh herself— she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it got lost in translation being relayed through multiple layers of staff.
Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her. That wasn’t always (or even mostly) the case with the nurses and support staff at shady grove, however— overall, I felt very much like a number.
I did three unmedicated IUI which resulted in negatives. (One of these was monitored, with a trigger and prometrium after iui, but I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.) the next planned steps were/are a medicated iui and then she suggested an IVF cycle with PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was widely variable— some were fabulous, some seemed contemptuous. I definitely had the sense that they might be more engaged and on top of things if I were doing more expensive/involved treatment, but my IUI attempts weren’t at that level.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Definitely a factory and primarily about their profits. That said, some things do go more smoothly because of their corporate feel— easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files, including names (not in a gossip way, in a work-related manner, but more info than the waiting room should have heard.) This actually led to my being aware of a prominent person’s pregnancy a couple months before it was announced in the newspaper— presumably someone who definitely wanted her privacy on the matter!
With 50% coverage on my insurance, the cost for appointments was $105-$135. (However, when the insurance snafu happened, I became aware that the self-pay option was actually about 5-6 times that amount.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui— just do what ever you want about these medications...” and late notification about test results.
Arlington

we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning... She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation.... Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
The Ballston facility [of Shady Grove Fertility] was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel...I was worried that Shady Grove would try and push us into treatments that I wasn’t comfortable with/we couldn’t afford. Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would say have know that she will be honest with you and have faith in the decisions you make together. At least in our experience, we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning. We asked a lot of questions of Dr Reh in the beginning so that we fully understood our path forward and that helped us navigate through treatment. This was important as the treatment can feel very factory-ish and the other medical personnel you’re dealing with may not have the time or insight to answer questions specific to your treatment.
My husband and I waited to start our family and I dreaded ending up exactly where we found ourselves-needing fertility assistance. I didn’t know what to expect, worried about the costs and somewhat about being blamed by our Dr for waiting so long. If I’d known how wonderful Dr Reh would be to work with, I never would have had these concerns. She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation. I ended up having my blood work/ultrasound work done at the DC Shady Grove facility and it definitely felt factory-ish, but in our meetings at Ballston with Dr Reh we never, ever felt like a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Ballston facility was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel.
We had insurance that covered 50%, and they had an excellent financial counselor (Grace). We knew the cost of treatments before proceeding with them, so we were able to make informed decisions.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey...I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful...
For me, the hours of operation [at Shady Grove Fertility] are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice...The nursing staff was excellent, communicated well and in a timely manor. The nurses are definitely the glue that keeps this practice running as efficiently as it does...$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey. I trusted her in my care. I had also heard excellent things about her from other patients/my personal friends.
She will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant and I would trust her advice even if you think it will never happen.
I felt like the staff cared about me and communicated regularly. I did not feel like a number.
I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and hopeful this will be a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
For me, the hours of operation are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice.
$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work). I had to pay out of pocket for medications/whatever my insurance didn't cover. Seemed like reasonable pricing.

2019 - 2020, 23 Eggs Frozen
The protocol [from Dr. Andrea Reh] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...I became very close with DR. Reh. She was very supportive throughout the whole process...I am 38 years old...I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process...She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive duri
The protocol [at Shady Grove Fertility] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...Christina [nurse] is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!... The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I am 38 years old and was referred to Dr. Reh by my OBGYN . I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process. I was very fortunate to become Dr. Reh’s patient. She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive during Corona 19 outbreak. I am very happy with the care and results I got. I highly recommend Dr. Reh!
It’s a long process that can get difficult but you are in really good hands!
The protocol was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Brocato)
Christina is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I am very happy I chose Arlington office. The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
I only paid for the program I signed for.
Arlington

I felt that we had her full attention when meeting with her and she listened to and answered all of our questions.... While I have not yet officially gone through IVF, I have just started my cycle and Dr Reh has been so helpful in clearly answering all of our questions. What I like about Dr. Reh is she's real: this may not work, and we were able to have a candid conversation about that.... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!)
The Arlington office is a serene, quiet space. It was not over-crowded in the waiting room, and the staff made sure we were comfortable. Nothing to report so far on weaknesses - we sometimes had to wait 10-15 mins for our appt to start, but that's true of every clinic!... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal.
Nothing - she's great!
I've not yet started my protocol, but will provide an update when I do!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal. They even call (!!) when something is too challenging to explain via email. I never feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions or being annoying - they are a truly wonderful bunch!
$30k - includes PGS testing, all meds, and two cycles, frozen transfer
Not applicable for me - I was not eligible for multiple embryo transfer due to a medical condition.
Arlington

Dr Reh is smart, honest, and compassionate. It was always a great experience, even when the results were not what was desired. She was always prompt. When we got bad news and she was unable to reach us, she took the time to squeeze in a 10 minute call between appointments to quickly address next steps...delivers information delicately yet honestly.
Shady Grove is outstanding - everyone I encountered was great in the clinical care team. They are organized, punctual, accommodating, and have great customer service. The only con is their financial team - none of them seem that knowledgeable, helpful, or compassionate. They definitely need to be more organized, communicative, and friendly.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is smart, honest, and compassionate. It was always a great experience, even when the results were not what was desired. She was always prompt. When we got bad news and she was unable to reach us, she took the time to squeeze in a 10 minute call between appointments to quickly address next steps (we also scheduled a follow up call).
Come prepared with questions and feel free to ask her to explain things. Even drawing a picture can help understand things.
Dr Reh is very calm, patient, and delivers information delicately yet honestly.
We went straight to IVF because of my age (42). I took a lower dose of medication because my bloodwork was good, however due to a low egg count, I was put on an aggressive protocol for IVF 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Ashley was a great communicator and very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We did the multi cycle plan, which was approximately $23,500 plus medication.
2020, Unknown Success
Truthfully Dr Reh was very respectful and I do think she knew us and remembered us. It was a weird time where we met virtually or with masks so also hard to say if we’d know each other elsewhere. I often felt like a number in the waiting room though. I’d see so many women going in and out...She listened to our concerns and didn’t push us into things we weren’t ready for. She was realistic with us and told us what to expect. I would see her again but hopefully I won’t need to.
The [Shady Grove Fertility] front desk staff was great as were the techs that drew blood. Front desk always knew my name...I spoke to our nurse often as she’d call with results. She listened when I was caught off guard about prices for medicines one time and started crying. She listened and talked through how to try different pharmacies for different prices.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I thought Dr Reh was helpful when we spoke to her and answered our questions. She listened to our concerns and didn’t push us into things we weren’t ready for. She was realistic with us and told us what to expect. I would see her again but hopefully I won’t need to.
To go see her and listen to her advice.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I didn’t love seeing how many women were waiting. It was stressful even though we were all in the same boat. The front desk staff was great as were the techs that drew blood. Front desk always knew my name even though I was in a mask.
It was never really clear. I felt like I’d check out and be told we owed. Since I paid then they never sent bills.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Reh [of Dominion Fertility] was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special....I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage. Dr. Reh constantly reminded me how young I was (around 31 at the time) and that I had plenty of time. I guess she thought it would work out soon for me. But it didn't. I was coming at the problem aggressively, but she encouraged me that this approach wasn't necessary. Because of this I kind of felt like a number. Most of their patients go on to get pregnant. And I eventually did, but it was difficult and the endometriosis had time to do a lot of damage.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Reh was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
Dominion Fertility

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Andrea Reh] did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision...I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting...During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse...During 6 months of treatment, I saw [Dr. Reh] only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I wanted to see a different provider in Shady Grove Fertility, but it would have added two more months of waiting for my initial consult so I agreed to proceed with Dr. Reh. During 6 months of treatment, I saw her only three times (initial consult, one monitoring ultrasound, and follow-up consult). The rest of the communication with Dr. was done through the nurse. I did not feel I got sufficient explanations of why specific treatment was chosen based on my situation (e.g. natural vs. medicated IUI, choice of specific protocol). I felt part of the problem was that she did not review my records before the appointment, so she did to have any specific suggestions on my treatment during our conversations. I was receiving written recommendations on my treatment only after my appointment with Dr. Reh which made it more difficult to ask questions. She also did not seem caring.
Try to do your own research on possible treatments and make a list of questions that you may have about it before the appointments.
I did not feel any personal attitude from Dr. Reh's side. She did not review my records before the appointments, and it felt like she does not remember any information pertaining to my previous treatment under her supervision.
I did two IUIs using clomid, ovidrel and progesteron. I did not receive any rationale for why these medications were chosen for my cycle. I tolerated them well, and my response was also good, but both cycles failed.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I really liked that SGF has multiple locations and early morning monitoring appointments which provided great flexibility. Scheduling is very easy. They are quick in responding to most of the questions via the patient portal. All communication on your treatment is done through the nurse. She has been indeed wonderful, but I would have hoped to be able to ask Dr. questions directly and receive some explanations from her as well. I felt disappointed that IUIs (and most of the monitoring) are performed by nurces. The billing was not always consistent (I was billed in different ways for absolutely identical encounters.)
Costs through our insurance: Initial consult $200 First IUI cycle $1200 Second IUI cycle $800 (had fewer monitoring appointments), plus meds.
Arlington

She is clear and honest. Dr Reh is more into the scientific results and medical procedures than any other options (like natural supplements NeoQ10)...From the beginning Dr Reh told us that after 40’s fertility chances goes down around 90%, she explained in detail the process, she was realistic and precise with our expectations. Dr Reh has knowledge and experience about fertility treatments...Regular protocol with injections and trainings. Maybe the amount of dosage were higher for me because I had lots of eggs, but not much quality.
Shady Grove fertility is a huge company that provides anything is needed for fertility problems. They have an specialist for all the needs. There’s not another place with all the advantages that Shady Grove offers. In our case the nurse is always lovely and kind, Cristina B. usually returns calls the same day. She explains in detail every step of the process, always kind and patient... They have staff and support teams for any need. From the beginning until the end the patient knows what to expect, what to do, what is next and what is happening. Very hard to find a clinic with this much of organization for every step of this complicated process. There’s no waste of time here.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
From the beginning Dr Reh told us that after 40’s fertility chances goes down around 90%, she explained in detail the process, she was realistic and precise with our expectations. Dr Reh has knowledge and experience about fertility treatments. She is clear and honest. Dr Reh is more into the scientific results and medical procedures than any other options (like natural supplements NeoQ10). There’s not scientific proof that natural supplements improve fertility, but our point was if it does not hurt, why not?
Dr Reh works for Shady Grove, which is a center that has everything is needed for fertility treatments, she works with many patients daily and experience is everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina - Nurse)
Cristina Brocato is a great nurse, very kind and with a lovely attitude to her patients. She was the easy part in this process, very supportive, with a lot of patience. Cristina definitively made a big difference through the process. She was kind and responded every single one of my many questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is by far the most complete fertility clinic. It provides help and support through the whole process. They have staff and support teams for any need. From the beginning until the end the patient knows what to expect, what to do, what is next and what is happening. Very hard to find a clinic with this much of organization for every step of this complicated process. There’s no waste of time here.
Around 10,000 I believe but not sure
I
Leesburg

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge...Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer...That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer...she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff....
Lana was our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance...Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We did not see Dr. Reh personally many times. I met her in person twice - once for a saline sonogram and once for our final ultrasound. However, we had a virtual consult and several phone calls to discuss our options and treatment plan. I know some might have a problem with not seeing their doctor personally for every appointment, but I never felt like there was any lost information or miscommunication. Her treatment plan as described was being carried out every time.
Be able to discuss your history in detail during the consult. She had not reviewed my records in detail, but once I explained our background in about 10 minutes of our 60 minute consult, she was able to talk to us about our previous cycles. Just understand that she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff.
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge. Although we had additional embryos for use at another location (which we couldn't access due to COVID), she said she was going to treat us like we only had one. She recommended an ERA - something our previous clinic didn't advise, but we were interested in.
We came to Dr. Reh's office following treatment at 2 other clinics. We left the first clinic due to a move and the second clinic shut down because of a lab accident. We had one Day 6 tested embryo available to us to use for a frozen transfer. Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer, which our previous clinic did not support until at least two failed transfers. That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer. I obviously do not know what would have happened had we not done that ERA, but our first transfer was successful and we are currently pregnant with identical twins. We are certainly very satisfied with the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana Truong)
Lana was our nurse and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance. She always remembered how we prefer communication depending on the day. The most important thing she did was adjust our Frozen Embryo Transfer on the fly. We had a thyroid test come back too high, and I was uncomfortable with proceeding with transfer assuming that a medication adjustment would make it alright to transfer in time. She changed everything within 15 minutes of our baseline appointment and set up a new transfer in 20 minutes with minimal delay to our transfer and no cancellation or change charges to us. Our experience with Lana is the biggest reason that we continue to recommend Shady Grove to friends seeking fertility care.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our financial coordinator Melissa was also a critical part of our positive experience at Shady Grove. Melissa actually worked with our insurance company directly and ensured that we did not pay one cent outside the global fee for the transfer - and we have a very frustrating insurance provider. We never waited more than a few hours for a response and she often replied to me after business hours. Shady Grove has multiple clinics across the country. I would say that a weakness is that you can never guarantee you will have your personal reproductive endocrinologist at any given appointment, including egg retrievals or transfers if that matters to you. That means that you really have to be comfortable seeing many different people. While we didn't experience this personally, there are too many people who struggle with their financial counselors and it seems like systemic failing in their system overall. Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
We paid for the Global Frozen Embryo Transfer Fee with the Military Discount. It was $3910 and insurance covered all medications. That was the only thing we paid. Our financial counselor let us know that Shady Grove was raising their prices in a few days and advised us to pay early, which saved us several hundred dollars.
We did not have multiple embryos to transfer, so this was not an option for us.
Arlington

[Dr. Reh is] Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps...We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps...There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was the best part of our experience with Shady Grove. Friendly, professional, and extremely well-informed, she consistently took time to thoroughly answer our questions about what to expect throughout the process and encouraged us through some disappointing steps. Fortunately, we are now pregnant with two babies. Navigating all the steps can be challenging, but absolutely worth it.
Ask lots of questions and take notes that you can refer to when following up with other doctors and staff to ensure nothing gets lost in translation.
She was always very friendly, well-informed and very informative, but sometimes that didn't always percolate down to the staff level at the Arlington office, though other office locations were seemed to be better briefed.
She had us take all the relevant tests, starting with the female, then the male. Once she determined that we had unexplained infertility, she proceeded with genetic testing. We planned for 3 IUI attempts over 3 months, each with increasing levels of medication if they didn't work, before we would move to IVF. The first IUI was unsuccessful. Prior to the second attempt, I was prescribed Letrozole. Following the second attempt, I become pregnant with fraternal twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The original one was relatively well intentioned, but didn't communicate thoroughly or consistently with what we discussed with the doctor. She also miscommunicated about a chemical pregnancy, indicating that it was a normal pregnancy without confirmation. There were also some miscommunications with our insurance company regarding genetic testing and follow-up.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They seem to offer a lot of options for getting timely treatment in terms of doctors and locations. There doctors seem well informed and generally proficient. But there was a lot of inconsistency between offices, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication about the details of medical history and next steps. Arlington had the biggest challenges, but the other offices were much better. Once we switched to the Fairfax Office, the communication improved and the process went much more smoothly.
Insurance covered most of the steps until IUI, which was $1800 per round, which we paid out of pocket. We also had to pay for a genetic testing out of pocket that wasn't covered by my husband's insurance, which was $350 (I believe through a discount program)
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Mostly when coordinating with the Arlington office, the nurse/staff either did have accurate information from the doctor, did not communicate accurate information to us or other offices or didn't follow-through on next steps without prompting. The Fairfax office was generally more reliable, but there was still some inconsistency with all the shuffling between locations, doctors and staff.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval [with Dr. Reh], and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
SGF is a very large clinic, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages I experienced was my doctor presenting my case to her colleagues to get additional feedback. She came back with other recommendations for us to consider in my treatment. Of the disadvantages, the biggest one, for me, was that major procedures (retrieval and transfer) will be performed by doctors you don't know. I never had a bad experience with a doctor, but for people want their doctor for every procedure, it might not be possible.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is a very good doctor. She showed a lot of compassion for me as I was going through treatment and hit a lot of road blocks. She was also willing to try different approaches/med protocols when the typical approach didn't work for me. She also presented my case to her colleagues to get others feedback, which I feel like shows a lot of humility and willingness to go beyond to figure out what would work for me. Even though we got pregnant without IVF, Dr. Reh and her colleagues gave me the diagnosis and connected me to a surgeon who was able to help us and is probably the reason we got pregnant.
Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask about alternative approaches.
Dr. Reh was my doctor for about 2 years. I saw her very frequently in the Arlington office, even for lining checks and smaller check-ins. She definitely got to know me and always took time to ask me about myself. She also was very kind around giving bad news, and she gave me some good pep talks when we hit some road blocks.
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval, and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Wills)
The nursing staff were so excellent. I do not have enough good things to say about Ashley and the others at the Arlington office. They really made me feel like they were on my team. It was a bit bittersweet to "graduate" and say good bye.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I thought monitoring appointments were efficiently run. I frequently saw my primary doctor during these appointments. This was a benefit to the Arlington office. I also had the same nurses and techs at most appointments, so it was a comfortable experience.
I did SGF's Shared Risk Program with PGS. It was $19,500 + $5,000 for PGS. That included up to 6 retrievals and all FETs.
We never discussed anything other than an eSET. I would not have wanted to transfer multiple.
Arlington

We found the Ballston office [of Shady Grove Fertility] to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons....[cost]~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF...We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We highly recommend Dr. Reh and the nursing team at the SGF Ballston office. Undiagnosed infertility and multiple miscarriages is a frustrating path. Dr. Reh brings both the experience (CRITICAL to have a team with a ton of reps when undergoing fertility treatments), as well as a straightforward, pragmatic approach to working with her patients. She took the time to fully explain our options and the data at every turn and was thoughtful and personally responsive when we had questions or things didn't go as planned. Dr. Reh supported our decision making without sugar coating nor being too hands off, and ultimately helped us with a successful IVF pregnancy.
Always reach out with questions or concerns, she's very responsive. SGF is great, because you 100% want the experience, but recognize the different teams that you have to communicate with (finance, nursing, clinical trial, genomics). Sometimes things can get confusing which leads to frustration if you don't recognize that.
IUI - 5 cycles. Low dose clomid w/ 2-3 follicle development. One of the cycles added gonal-F and had to cancel due to producing 5+ mature follicles. 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 negative tests. Final cycle was IVF with genetic testing and frozen transfer of 1 embryo. Hormone doses for egg retrieval were fairly conservative due to overreaction during IUI cycles, but unexpectedly lead to low egg retrieval (8) because one ovary did not respond. Result 2 viable embryos, successful singleton pregnancy with 1st transfer.
All excellent, responsive, and thoughtful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We found the Ballston office to be ideal for frequent appointments because it was smaller and less hectic than the other offices. For weekend monitoring, we recommend K St over Fairfax for the same reasons.
~$25K for risk-sharing program for IVF. IUI was covered by insurance.
Strongly recommended single for us due to no diagnosed conditions and history of getting pregnant (but miscarrying).

Embryo Freezing
3 cycles with different protocols [with Dr. Reh]. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos...Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly...She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment...genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable...SGF Arlington is full of friendly staff from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and providers. SGF Fairfax is convenient but too big to feel like family. They also seemed to have higher turnover because I rarely saw the same staff members and they seemed less personal. I appreciated the convenience and weekend appts at fairfax though.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is genuine, approachable and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her. She saw me for most of my appts and gave me clear expectations of the plan for treatment. She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment.
Start sooner than later with IVF and go with Dr Rey because she knows her stuff!
Dr Rey genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome. Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly.
3 cycles with different protocols. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Westin)
I LOVED Ashley. She was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable and went above and beyond to meet my needs every single time!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Treatment was costly as it is for most infertility treatment but it was worth it and the clinic was professional with smooth communication through the portal.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Reh ws patient and took the time to answer all my questions. She was compassionate; she was reassuring and understood my concerns and the impact of bad news. She became our guide through this process, someone we trust to tell us what to expect and what we should do...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for.
Their [Shady Grove Fertility] staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing...Dr. Reh was very professional, she explained everything, she provided the information we asked for. She also understood how we were feeling at the time. As news came through, she showed compassion and in a way held our hand through the process.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask all the questions you need and know that you can trust.
I went through three cycles. The first includes a lot of tests and is obviously tougher as a first time. I do not recall the specifics at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina Brocato was my IVF (own egg) nurse)
Cristina Brocato was so lovely that I actually miss her. Wish now in pregnancy I had her to offer her kind instructions!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Their staff and facility interior design is excellent. Everyone knows your name and is courteous. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the waiting room, but it is a nice waiting room and guess what, you're not alone! A lot of other women are going through the same thing.
Because of my age, we selected a Shared Risk IVF. I believe it initially cost $33,000 + all medication costs were paid from my pocket. Each cycle could cost up to an additional $5,000. We receive all our money back after a failed IVF process and had to pay an additional about $10,000 for the shared risk donor process.
Arlington
Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
The clinic [Shave Grove Fertility - Arlington Branch] is very organized and clean. ... I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible. ... Don't be afraid to ask any question. ... The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any question. Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment.
Dr. Reh took her time with us at every appointment. She made connections and tried to get to know us as people. She was always open to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very organized and clean. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible.
Arlington

Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time...My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds...
[Shady Grove Fertility] Strengths - responsiveness, apt availability, bedside manner, amazing nurses, empathic doctors, easy to use trainings/portal for messaging and support from financial team Cons - nothing that I can think of to report, I all around had a great experience...Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was great at addressing all my questions and took care of us during a very stressful time. We are so grateful for our experience at SGF and feel blessed to be expecting our first child this fall.
My main issue was a PCOS diagnosis and the fact that I was not ovulating. Since there were no other known issues, we began with the least invasive option of medicated monitored cycles/timed intercourse. After two failed cycles, I decided to do an IUI to increase my odds. We are glad we did bc we came pregnant with our first IUI.