Medical SchoolGeorgetown
888-761-1967
901 N Stuart Street Suite 610
Arlington, VA 22201
703.574.3772
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Andrea Reh to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up. She also never reached out after my loss. My egg retrievals and transfers were done with another Dr. I had no communication with Dr Reh except my initial consult and once I graduated (maybe one call in between that time).I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I felt like just a number with this Dr and clinic. I only had communication with her at my consultation and when I graduated from SGF. All other communication done were through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
20k
Fredericksburg

Andrea [Reh] was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest...As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Andrea was very thorough in exploring all of my options. As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing. In fact, when I apologized for asking so many questions, she told me that it was her job and to ask her everything I needed to. In addition, I was told to contact her with further questions. She encouraged me to keep all of my options open and explore all possibilities. Each time I go, Andrea makes me feel that I matter and am not just another number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
That she is very nice and thorough - don't hesitate to ask her any questions.
Andrea was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I had fibroid surgery while I was under Andrea's care. I had all of the testing done to assess readiness for IVF. My treatment was pause in order to secure proper financing. We discussed transferring my eggs from NY, using egg donors, and using sperm donors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: first nurse is no longer there)
The entire nursing staff was always very kind. I felt very comfortable and welcome.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove has cutting-edge technology and gives you confidence in the procedures and treatments. They have many different locations and everyone from front desk staff to the physicians are extremely kind. At times, I had some difficulty getting super specific information or suggestions about finances.
I was able to use insurance only for the fibroid surgery. Everything else has been out of pocket - my insurance does not cover anything. I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
Annapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.

Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail....Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her...I did three unmedicated IUI...I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.)
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail. Most of my interaction were with other staff at shady grove, which were not always as positive.
Try to get more time and check in more with Dr. Reh herself— she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it got lost in translation being relayed through multiple layers of staff.
Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her. That wasn’t always (or even mostly) the case with the nurses and support staff at shady grove, however— overall, I felt very much like a number.
I did three unmedicated IUI which resulted in negatives. (One of these was monitored, with a trigger and prometrium after iui, but I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.) the next planned steps were/are a medicated iui and then she suggested an IVF cycle with PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was widely variable— some were fabulous, some seemed contemptuous. I definitely had the sense that they might be more engaged and on top of things if I were doing more expensive/involved treatment, but my IUI attempts weren’t at that level.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Definitely a factory and primarily about their profits. That said, some things do go more smoothly because of their corporate feel— easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files, including names (not in a gossip way, in a work-related manner, but more info than the waiting room should have heard.) This actually led to my being aware of a prominent person’s pregnancy a couple months before it was announced in the newspaper— presumably someone who definitely wanted her privacy on the matter!
With 50% coverage on my insurance, the cost for appointments was $105-$135. (However, when the insurance snafu happened, I became aware that the self-pay option was actually about 5-6 times that amount.
Arlington

we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning... She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation.... Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I was worried that Shady Grove would try and push us into treatments that I wasn’t comfortable with/we couldn’t afford. Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
I would say have know that she will be honest with you and have faith in the decisions you make together. At least in our experience, we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning. We asked a lot of questions of Dr Reh in the beginning so that we fully understood our path forward and that helped us navigate through treatment. This was important as the treatment can feel very factory-ish and the other medical personnel you’re dealing with may not have the time or insight to answer questions specific to your treatment.
My husband and I waited to start our family and I dreaded ending up exactly where we found ourselves-needing fertility assistance. I didn’t know what to expect, worried about the costs and somewhat about being blamed by our Dr for waiting so long. If I’d known how wonderful Dr Reh would be to work with, I never would have had these concerns. She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation. I ended up having my blood work/ultrasound work done at the DC Shady Grove facility and it definitely felt factory-ish, but in our meetings at Ballston with Dr Reh we never, ever felt like a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Ballston facility was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel.
We had insurance that covered 50%, and they had an excellent financial counselor (Grace). We knew the cost of treatments before proceeding with them, so we were able to make informed decisions.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt that we had her full attention when meeting with her and she listened to and answered all of our questions.... While I have not yet officially gone through IVF, I have just started my cycle and Dr Reh has been so helpful in clearly answering all of our questions. What I like about Dr. Reh is she's real: this may not work, and we were able to have a candid conversation about that.... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Nothing - she's great!
I've not yet started my protocol, but will provide an update when I do!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal. They even call (!!) when something is too challenging to explain via email. I never feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions or being annoying - they are a truly wonderful bunch!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Arlington office is a serene, quiet space. It was not over-crowded in the waiting room, and the staff made sure we were comfortable. Nothing to report so far on weaknesses - we sometimes had to wait 10-15 mins for our appt to start, but that's true of every clinic!
$30k - includes PGS testing, all meds, and two cycles, frozen transfer
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Not applicable for me - I was not eligible for multiple embryo transfer due to a medical condition.

2013 - 2014
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage. Dr. Reh constantly reminded me how young I was (around 31 at the time) and that I had plenty of time. I guess she thought it would work out soon for me. But it didn't. I was coming at the problem aggressively, but she encouraged me that this approach wasn't necessary. Because of this I kind of felt like a number. Most of their patients go on to get pregnant. And I eventually did, but it was difficult and the endometriosis had time to do a lot of damage.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Reh was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
Dominion Fertility
Arlington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility.