Medical SchoolGeorgetown
Fredericksburg
200 Executive Center Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
877-455-2182
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Andrea Reh to a friend?

5.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
I felt like just a number [at Shady Grove Fertility]...Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up...Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up. She also never reached out after my loss. My egg retrievals and transfers were done with another Dr. I had no communication with Dr Reh except my initial consult and once I graduated (maybe one call in between that time).I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I felt like just a number with this Dr and clinic. I only had communication with her at my consultation and when I graduated from SGF. All other communication done were through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
20k
Fredericksburg
+ Read more- Read less

Andrea [Reh] was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest...As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing.
Shady Grove has cutting-edge technology and gives you confidence in the procedures and treatments. They have many different locations and everyone from front desk staff to the physicians are extremely kind. At times, I had some difficulty getting super specific information or suggestions about finances....The entire nursing staff was always very kind. I felt very comfortable and welcome....I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Andrea was very thorough in exploring all of my options. As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing. In fact, when I apologized for asking so many questions, she told me that it was her job and to ask her everything I needed to. In addition, I was told to contact her with further questions. She encouraged me to keep all of my options open and explore all possibilities. Each time I go, Andrea makes me feel that I matter and am not just another number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
That she is very nice and thorough - don't hesitate to ask her any questions.
Andrea was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I had fibroid surgery while I was under Andrea's care. I had all of the testing done to assess readiness for IVF. My treatment was pause in order to secure proper financing. We discussed transferring my eggs from NY, using egg donors, and using sperm donors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: first nurse is no longer there)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I was able to use insurance only for the fibroid surgery. Everything else has been out of pocket - my insurance does not cover anything. I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
Annapolis
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.

Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail....Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her...I did three unmedicated IUI...I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.)
The clinic [Shady Grove] did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui...Definitely a factory...easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail. Most of my interaction were with other staff at shady grove, which were not always as positive.
Try to get more time and check in more with Dr. Reh herself— she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it got lost in translation being relayed through multiple layers of staff.
Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her. That wasn’t always (or even mostly) the case with the nurses and support staff at shady grove, however— overall, I felt very much like a number.
I did three unmedicated IUI which resulted in negatives. (One of these was monitored, with a trigger and prometrium after iui, but I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.) the next planned steps were/are a medicated iui and then she suggested an IVF cycle with PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was widely variable— some were fabulous, some seemed contemptuous. I definitely had the sense that they might be more engaged and on top of things if I were doing more expensive/involved treatment, but my IUI attempts weren’t at that level.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Definitely a factory and primarily about their profits. That said, some things do go more smoothly because of their corporate feel— easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files, including names (not in a gossip way, in a work-related manner, but more info than the waiting room should have heard.) This actually led to my being aware of a prominent person’s pregnancy a couple months before it was announced in the newspaper— presumably someone who definitely wanted her privacy on the matter!
With 50% coverage on my insurance, the cost for appointments was $105-$135. (However, when the insurance snafu happened, I became aware that the self-pay option was actually about 5-6 times that amount.
+ Read more- Read less

we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning... She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation.... Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
The Ballston facility [of Shady Grove Fertility] was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel...I was worried that Shady Grove would try and push us into treatments that I wasn’t comfortable with/we couldn’t afford. Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would say have know that she will be honest with you and have faith in the decisions you make together. At least in our experience, we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning. We asked a lot of questions of Dr Reh in the beginning so that we fully understood our path forward and that helped us navigate through treatment. This was important as the treatment can feel very factory-ish and the other medical personnel you’re dealing with may not have the time or insight to answer questions specific to your treatment.
My husband and I waited to start our family and I dreaded ending up exactly where we found ourselves-needing fertility assistance. I didn’t know what to expect, worried about the costs and somewhat about being blamed by our Dr for waiting so long. If I’d known how wonderful Dr Reh would be to work with, I never would have had these concerns. She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation. I ended up having my blood work/ultrasound work done at the DC Shady Grove facility and it definitely felt factory-ish, but in our meetings at Ballston with Dr Reh we never, ever felt like a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Ballston facility was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel.
We had insurance that covered 50%, and they had an excellent financial counselor (Grace). We knew the cost of treatments before proceeding with them, so we were able to make informed decisions.

2019 - 2020
23 Eggs Frozen
The protocol [from Dr. Andrea Reh] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...I became very close with DR. Reh. She was very supportive throughout the whole process...I am 38 years old...I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process...She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive duri
The protocol [at Shady Grove Fertility] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...Christina [nurse] is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!... The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
2019 - 2020
23 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I am 38 years old and was referred to Dr. Reh by my OBGYN . I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process. I was very fortunate to become Dr. Reh’s patient. She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive during Corona 19 outbreak. I am very happy with the care and results I got. I highly recommend Dr. Reh!
It’s a long process that can get difficult but you are in really good hands!
The protocol was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Brocato)
Christina is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I am very happy I chose Arlington office. The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
I only paid for the program I signed for.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I felt that we had her full attention when meeting with her and she listened to and answered all of our questions.... While I have not yet officially gone through IVF, I have just started my cycle and Dr Reh has been so helpful in clearly answering all of our questions. What I like about Dr. Reh is she's real: this may not work, and we were able to have a candid conversation about that.... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!)
The Arlington office is a serene, quiet space. It was not over-crowded in the waiting room, and the staff made sure we were comfortable. Nothing to report so far on weaknesses - we sometimes had to wait 10-15 mins for our appt to start, but that's true of every clinic!... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Nothing - she's great!
I've not yet started my protocol, but will provide an update when I do!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal. They even call (!!) when something is too challenging to explain via email. I never feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions or being annoying - they are a truly wonderful bunch!
$30k - includes PGS testing, all meds, and two cycles, frozen transfer
Not applicable for me - I was not eligible for multiple embryo transfer due to a medical condition.

2013 - 2014
Dr. Reh [of Dominion Fertility] was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special....I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage. Dr. Reh constantly reminded me how young I was (around 31 at the time) and that I had plenty of time. I guess she thought it would work out soon for me. But it didn't. I was coming at the problem aggressively, but she encouraged me that this approach wasn't necessary. Because of this I kind of felt like a number. Most of their patients go on to get pregnant. And I eventually did, but it was difficult and the endometriosis had time to do a lot of damage.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Reh was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
Dominion Fertility
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She is clear and honest. Dr Reh is more into the scientific results and medical procedures than any other options (like natural supplements NeoQ10)...From the beginning Dr Reh told us that after 40’s fertility chances goes down around 90%, she explained in detail the process, she was realistic and precise with our expectations. Dr Reh has knowledge and experience about fertility treatments...Regular protocol with injections and trainings. Maybe the amount of dosage were higher for me because I had lots of eggs, but not much quality.
Shady Grove fertility is a huge company that provides anything is needed for fertility problems. They have an specialist for all the needs. There’s not another place with all the advantages that Shady Grove offers. In our case the nurse is always lovely and kind, Cristina B. usually returns calls the same day. She explains in detail every step of the process, always kind and patient... They have staff and support teams for any need. From the beginning until the end the patient knows what to expect, what to do, what is next and what is happening. Very hard to find a clinic with this much of organization for every step of this complicated process. There’s no waste of time here.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
From the beginning Dr Reh told us that after 40’s fertility chances goes down around 90%, she explained in detail the process, she was realistic and precise with our expectations. Dr Reh has knowledge and experience about fertility treatments. She is clear and honest. Dr Reh is more into the scientific results and medical procedures than any other options (like natural supplements NeoQ10). There’s not scientific proof that natural supplements improve fertility, but our point was if it does not hurt, why not?
Dr Reh works for Shady Grove, which is a center that has everything is needed for fertility treatments, she works with many patients daily and experience is everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cristina - Nurse)
Cristina Brocato is a great nurse, very kind and with a lovely attitude to her patients. She was the easy part in this process, very supportive, with a lot of patience. Cristina definitively made a big difference through the process. She was kind and responded every single one of my many questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is by far the most complete fertility clinic. It provides help and support through the whole process. They have staff and support teams for any need. From the beginning until the end the patient knows what to expect, what to do, what is next and what is happening. Very hard to find a clinic with this much of organization for every step of this complicated process. There’s no waste of time here.
Around 10,000 I believe but not sure
I
Leesburg

2018 - 2020
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval [with Dr. Reh], and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
SGF is a very large clinic, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages I experienced was my doctor presenting my case to her colleagues to get additional feedback. She came back with other recommendations for us to consider in my treatment. Of the disadvantages, the biggest one, for me, was that major procedures (retrieval and transfer) will be performed by doctors you don't know. I never had a bad experience with a doctor, but for people want their doctor for every procedure, it might not be possible.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is a very good doctor. She showed a lot of compassion for me as I was going through treatment and hit a lot of road blocks. She was also willing to try different approaches/med protocols when the typical approach didn't work for me. She also presented my case to her colleagues to get others feedback, which I feel like shows a lot of humility and willingness to go beyond to figure out what would work for me. Even though we got pregnant without IVF, Dr. Reh and her colleagues gave me the diagnosis and connected me to a surgeon who was able to help us and is probably the reason we got pregnant.
Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask about alternative approaches.
Dr. Reh was my doctor for about 2 years. I saw her very frequently in the Arlington office, even for lining checks and smaller check-ins. She definitely got to know me and always took time to ask me about myself. She also was very kind around giving bad news, and she gave me some good pep talks when we hit some road blocks.
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval, and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Wills)
The nursing staff were so excellent. I do not have enough good things to say about Ashley and the others at the Arlington office. They really made me feel like they were on my team. It was a bit bittersweet to "graduate" and say good bye.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I thought monitoring appointments were efficiently run. I frequently saw my primary doctor during these appointments. This was a benefit to the Arlington office. I also had the same nurses and techs at most appointments, so it was a comfortable experience.
I did SGF's Shared Risk Program with PGS. It was $19,500 + $5,000 for PGS. That included up to 6 retrievals and all FETs.
We never discussed anything other than an eSET. I would not have wanted to transfer multiple.

2020
Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
The clinic [Shave Grove Fertility - Arlington Branch] is very organized and clean. ... I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible. ... Don't be afraid to ask any question. ... The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
2020
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any question. Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment.
Dr. Reh took her time with us at every appointment. She made connections and tried to get to know us as people. She was always open to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very organized and clean. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible.