6.6

Fredericksburg
200 Executive Center Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
877-455-2182

Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail....Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her...I did three unmedicated IUI...I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.)
The clinic [Shady Grove] did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui...Definitely a factory...easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh seemed competent and was friendly and good to talk to. I did feel at times like she was obligated to try to sell extra services. However, this is only based on one in-person meeting, one phone call, and one voicemail. Most of my interaction were with other staff at shady grove, which were not always as positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Try to get more time and check in more with Dr. Reh herself— she seemed like she knew what she was doing, but it got lost in translation being relayed through multiple layers of staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh was great to deal with, I felt informed and respected in my conversations with her. That wasn’t always (or even mostly) the case with the nurses and support staff at shady grove, however— overall, I felt very much like a number.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I did three unmedicated IUI which resulted in negatives. (One of these was monitored, with a trigger and prometrium after iui, but I’m not sure Dr. Reh had anything to do with that protocol choice— it seemed to come from the nurse.) the next planned steps were/are a medicated iui and then she suggested an IVF cycle with PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was widely variable— some were fabulous, some seemed contemptuous. I definitely had the sense that they might be more engaged and on top of things if I were doing more expensive/involved treatment, but my IUI attempts weren’t at that level.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Definitely a factory and primarily about their profits. That said, some things do go more smoothly because of their corporate feel— easy appointment scheduling, lots of locations, work-friendly hours. I would be careful if you have need for confidentiality— while in the waiting room I heard front desk staff talking about patients’ files, including names (not in a gossip way, in a work-related manner, but more info than the waiting room should have heard.) This actually led to my being aware of a prominent person’s pregnancy a couple months before it was announced in the newspaper— presumably someone who definitely wanted her privacy on the matter!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
With 50% coverage on my insurance, the cost for appointments was $105-$135. (However, when the insurance snafu happened, I became aware that the self-pay option was actually about 5-6 times that amount.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic did not stay on top of the insurance requirements, leading to a canceled cycle. There were also a number of times with intense confusion about what the protocol was actually supposed to be (with an attitude of “it’s just an iui— just do what ever you want about these medications...” and late notification about test results.
Arlington

I felt like just a number [at Shady Grove Fertility]...Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up...Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I called to speak with the manager of the clinic and after we decided I would no longer be a patient, Dr Reh still never called me to follow up. She also never reached out after my loss. My egg retrievals and transfers were done with another Dr. I had no communication with Dr Reh except my initial consult and once I graduated (maybe one call in between that time).I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them. If you mess up their success rates, they drop you as a patient asap. Beware!
I felt like just a number with this Dr and clinic. I only had communication with her at my consultation and when I graduated from SGF. All other communication done were through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I found Dr Reh to lack bedside manner and empathy. Instead of thinking outside of the box and offer solutions, Dr Reh and Shady Grove refused to work with me after one late-term loss. I am now with another clinic and RE who offered solutions and support, something that SGF never did. Even though I had insurance coverage, I was constantly receiving incorrect bills and having to have their billing department correct them. They only care about SART numbers and do not care about you as patient. SGF felt like a factory and I was just another number to them.
20k
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Fredericksburg
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Reh [of Dominion Fertility] was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special....I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
I saw Dr. Reh during the very beginning of my infertility journey. I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Later, after I had moved out of state and gotten a new clinic, we found out that I have endometriosis. I guess Dr. Reh couldn't have know that I had it at the time, because it's somewhat difficult to diagnose, but I can't help but think that maybe she could have caught it early before it did too much damage. Dr. Reh constantly reminded me how young I was (around 31 at the time) and that I had plenty of time. I guess she thought it would work out soon for me. But it didn't. I was coming at the problem aggressively, but she encouraged me that this approach wasn't necessary. Because of this I kind of felt like a number. Most of their patients go on to get pregnant. And I eventually did, but it was difficult and the endometriosis had time to do a lot of damage.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Reh was nice enough. I didn't feel like a number but at the same time, I didn't feel too special.
What specific things went wrong at Dominion Fertility?
Dominion Fertility