6.7

200 Executive Center Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
877-455-2182

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey...I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful...
For me, the hours of operation [at Shady Grove Fertility] are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice...The nursing staff was excellent, communicated well and in a timely manor. The nurses are definitely the glue that keeps this practice running as efficiently as it does...$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work).
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is friendly and to the point. She does not dilly dally. She provided optimism in my fertility journey. I trusted her in my care. I had also heard excellent things about her from other patients/my personal friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
She will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant and I would trust her advice even if you think it will never happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I felt like the staff cared about me and communicated regularly. I did not feel like a number.
Describe the protocols Andrea Reh used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I underwent 3 cycles of IUI. First with clomid, the following 2 cycles were w/ letrozole. I also used vaginal progesterone and estrogen. The 1st 2 cycles failed. Then prior to initiating a 3rd cycle, my thyroid studies were abnormal so I was referred to an endocrinologist and started on levothyroxine. My 3rd IUI was successful. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and hopeful this will be a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
For me, the hours of operation are important. I was able to undergo fertility treatments without missing any days of work. The flexible hours and minimal/or no wait times are huge bonuses to a successful medical practice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility.
$1800 for each IUI cycle and everything done within that cycle (ultrasounds, blood work). I had to pay out of pocket for medications/whatever my insurance didn't cover. Seemed like reasonable pricing.
Describe Andrea Reh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge...Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer...That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer...she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff....
Lana was our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance...Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
We did not see Dr. Reh personally many times. I met her in person twice - once for a saline sonogram and once for our final ultrasound. However, we had a virtual consult and several phone calls to discuss our options and treatment plan. I know some might have a problem with not seeing their doctor personally for every appointment, but I never felt like there was any lost information or miscommunication. Her treatment plan as described was being carried out every time.
Be able to discuss your history in detail during the consult. She had not reviewed my records in detail, but once I explained our background in about 10 minutes of our 60 minute consult, she was able to talk to us about our previous cycles. Just understand that she is busy and she may not see you personally at each appointment. That does not mean that she isn't checking your records and communicating with the staff.
Dr. Reh took the time to call us when we didn't have an appointment and discuss our questions at no additional charge. Although we had additional embryos for use at another location (which we couldn't access due to COVID), she said she was going to treat us like we only had one. She recommended an ERA - something our previous clinic didn't advise, but we were interested in.
We came to Dr. Reh's office following treatment at 2 other clinics. We left the first clinic due to a move and the second clinic shut down because of a lab accident. We had one Day 6 tested embryo available to us to use for a frozen transfer. Dr. Reh recommended an ERA prior to transfer, which our previous clinic did not support until at least two failed transfers. That ERA showed that we needed 11 hours less progesterone and we made that adjustment for the frozen embryo transfer. I obviously do not know what would have happened had we not done that ERA, but our first transfer was successful and we are currently pregnant with identical twins. We are certainly very satisfied with the outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lana Truong)
Lana was our nurse and we could not possibly say enough wonderful things about her. I received portal messages consistently within hours of messaging. She would call if she thought my question was better answered by talking - even if no actual information needed to be imparted, just reassurance. She always remembered how we prefer communication depending on the day. The most important thing she did was adjust our Frozen Embryo Transfer on the fly. We had a thyroid test come back too high, and I was uncomfortable with proceeding with transfer assuming that a medication adjustment would make it alright to transfer in time. She changed everything within 15 minutes of our baseline appointment and set up a new transfer in 20 minutes with minimal delay to our transfer and no cancellation or change charges to us. Our experience with Lana is the biggest reason that we continue to recommend Shady Grove to friends seeking fertility care.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Our financial coordinator Melissa was also a critical part of our positive experience at Shady Grove. Melissa actually worked with our insurance company directly and ensured that we did not pay one cent outside the global fee for the transfer - and we have a very frustrating insurance provider. We never waited more than a few hours for a response and she often replied to me after business hours. Shady Grove has multiple clinics across the country. I would say that a weakness is that you can never guarantee you will have your personal reproductive endocrinologist at any given appointment, including egg retrievals or transfers if that matters to you. That means that you really have to be comfortable seeing many different people. While we didn't experience this personally, there are too many people who struggle with their financial counselors and it seems like systemic failing in their system overall. Financial counselors are assigned to specific physicians, so when selecting a doctor at Shady Grove, you should also ask about their nursing and financial staff because those are the people that will affect your experience 80% of the time.
We paid for the Global Frozen Embryo Transfer Fee with the Military Discount. It was $3910 and insurance covered all medications. That was the only thing we paid. Our financial counselor let us know that Shady Grove was raising their prices in a few days and advised us to pay early, which saved us several hundred dollars.
We did not have multiple embryos to transfer, so this was not an option for us.

Embryo Freezing
3 cycles with different protocols [with Dr. Reh]. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos...Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly...She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment...genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable...SGF Arlington is full of friendly staff from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and providers. SGF Fairfax is convenient but too big to feel like family. They also seemed to have higher turnover because I rarely saw the same staff members and they seemed less personal. I appreciated the convenience and weekend appts at fairfax though.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Reh is genuine, approachable and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her. She saw me for most of my appts and gave me clear expectations of the plan for treatment. She took my requests and ideas into consideration and I felt I could collaborate on my treatment.
Start sooner than later with IVF and go with Dr Rey because she knows her stuff!
Dr Rey genuinely cared about my treatment and outcome. Many of my appts were with her rather than another team member. She treated my case as unique and answered questions thoroughly.
3 cycles with different protocols. The last one was able to produce successful PGS tested embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Westin)
I LOVED Ashley. She was so invested that I felt like we were going through this journey together. She was knowledgeable, communicative, personable and went above and beyond to meet my needs every single time!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Treatment was costly as it is for most infertility treatment but it was worth it and the clinic was professional with smooth communication through the portal.

2020, Consult
[Dr. Andrea Reh] made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle...She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment...Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Weakness [at Shady Grove Fertility]: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY...Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment...Staff are all phenomenal. Kind, personable, helpful. One nurse shared her own SGF story with me (she was a patient before becoming and employee)...It was explained that single embryo is preferred. I am not at this stage yet so we will see what happens in the future
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
At this time I have only met with Dr. Reh once for my consultation. She made recommendations but also allowed me to make my own informed decision. Due to having endometriosis and one blocked tube IVF is the preferred treatment. My insurance does not cover IVF so I decided to begin with IUI for a few cycles. Dr. Reh moved forward with my desired treatment. Following initial ultrasound she reported to her staff that I would have to take birth control for one month prior to proceeding. I just started Clomid cycle with Gonal f injection
Have all documents in order to present to her so that she can review them with you in the room. If she has questions she can ask. Make notes of your questions and ask them at the end...once she is finished talking
Dr. Reh was thorough and very matter of fact which is a quality I like. She presents as a little rehearsed in effort to ensure she gets all pertinent information out prior to allowing questions to be asked. My suggestion with her would be to take notes as she speaks and at the end seek clarification on details. She is open about the structure of SGF in that you will not likely meet with her after the consultation but she and her team are involved in monitoring the process closely. Dr Reh also made it clear that she may or may not be the doc to perform some procedures based on the day and timing of the cycle. Overall the entire SGF team at all locations work together for treatment
Initial ultrasound, one month of birth control, Clomid (5 days) and Gonal f injection plus trigger shot, IUI. I am currently still taking the Clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Herbert)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I appreciate them for remaining open during COVID 19 madness. They have taken measures to reduce number of people in clinic during monitoring hours. Weakness: financial services are helpful. I do not like that I don't receive an itemized bill of what I am actually spending money on SPECIFICALLY.
Kaiser insurance: thus far $377 for Rx, $450 for IUI, $30 office visit

2019 - 2020, 23 Eggs Frozen
The protocol [from Dr. Andrea Reh] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...I became very close with DR. Reh. She was very supportive throughout the whole process...I am 38 years old...I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process...She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive duri
The protocol [at Shady Grove Fertility] was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results...Christina [nurse] is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!... The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I am 38 years old and was referred to Dr. Reh by my OBGYN . I had been thinking about egg freezing for about a year and had a lot of doubts about the whole process. I was very fortunate to become Dr. Reh’s patient. She sat with me and explained the process, my initial test results as well as the options I had. The protocol she created for me worked perfectly. I did not have any side effects from the medication and was able to get more eggs than the initial estimate from my pre-evaluation exam. I went through two cycles and both times Dr Reh performed a painless egg retrieval. I was fully recovered next day. She was very supportive during Corona 19 outbreak. I am very happy with the care and results I got. I highly recommend Dr. Reh!
It’s a long process that can get difficult but you are in really good hands!
The protocol was perfect for me. I had no side effects and was happy with the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Brocato)
Christina is amazing! I never had to wait for more than 30 minute to hear back from her( and I had a lot of questions). She is super supportive, helpful, professional and resourceful!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I am very happy I chose Arlington office. The waiting times were short and I got to know front desk staff and nurses who took my blood very well! Scheduling appointments was easy. Everyone was very helpful, professional and went out of the way to accommodate me.
I only paid for the program I signed for.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval [with Dr. Reh], and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
SGF is a very large clinic, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages I experienced was my doctor presenting my case to her colleagues to get additional feedback. She came back with other recommendations for us to consider in my treatment. Of the disadvantages, the biggest one, for me, was that major procedures (retrieval and transfer) will be performed by doctors you don't know. I never had a bad experience with a doctor, but for people want their doctor for every procedure, it might not be possible.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Reh is a very good doctor. She showed a lot of compassion for me as I was going through treatment and hit a lot of road blocks. She was also willing to try different approaches/med protocols when the typical approach didn't work for me. She also presented my case to her colleagues to get others feedback, which I feel like shows a lot of humility and willingness to go beyond to figure out what would work for me. Even though we got pregnant without IVF, Dr. Reh and her colleagues gave me the diagnosis and connected me to a surgeon who was able to help us and is probably the reason we got pregnant.
Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask about alternative approaches.
Dr. Reh was my doctor for about 2 years. I saw her very frequently in the Arlington office, even for lining checks and smaller check-ins. She definitely got to know me and always took time to ask me about myself. She also was very kind around giving bad news, and she gave me some good pep talks when we hit some road blocks.
I was 33 at the time of my egg retrieval, and had a good retrieval that resulted in 8 PGS normal embryos. The hardest part for me was preparing my lining. Dr. Reh tried multiple different protocols, including estrogen priming and a natural cycle. Dr. Reh also recommended a series hysteroscopies with a surgeon outside of SGF. That turned out to be a really excellent recommendation - I was able to get pregnant after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Wills)
The nursing staff were so excellent. I do not have enough good things to say about Ashley and the others at the Arlington office. They really made me feel like they were on my team. It was a bit bittersweet to "graduate" and say good bye.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I thought monitoring appointments were efficiently run. I frequently saw my primary doctor during these appointments. This was a benefit to the Arlington office. I also had the same nurses and techs at most appointments, so it was a comfortable experience.
I did SGF's Shared Risk Program with PGS. It was $19,500 + $5,000 for PGS. That included up to 6 retrievals and all FETs.
We never discussed anything other than an eSET. I would not have wanted to transfer multiple.
Arlington
Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
The clinic [Shave Grove Fertility - Arlington Branch] is very organized and clean. ... I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible. ... Don't be afraid to ask any question. ... The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. ... Dr. Reh was extremely knowledgeable, kind, caring and patient with us throughout the process. Although we ended up just going through testing, Dr. Reh explained everything thoroughly, was always open to questions, and made us feel confident in the process. We enjoyed working with her.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask any question. Dr. Reh is so kind and caring and is happy to help you understand all aspects of fertility testing and treatment.
Dr. Reh took her time with us at every appointment. She made connections and tried to get to know us as people. She was always open to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is very organized and clean. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly and compassionate. I believe they truly understand how hard this process can be for many people and try to make it as positive as possible.
Arlington

I felt that we had her full attention when meeting with her and she listened to and answered all of our questions.... While I have not yet officially gone through IVF, I have just started my cycle and Dr Reh has been so helpful in clearly answering all of our questions. What I like about Dr. Reh is she's real: this may not work, and we were able to have a candid conversation about that.... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!)
The Arlington office is a serene, quiet space. It was not over-crowded in the waiting room, and the staff made sure we were comfortable. Nothing to report so far on weaknesses - we sometimes had to wait 10-15 mins for our appt to start, but that's true of every clinic!... The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal.
Nothing - she's great!
I've not yet started my protocol, but will provide an update when I do!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
The nurses are the best part of Shady Grove (and that's important - that's who you'll be communicating with most often!) They are very responsive, answering all of my questions/concerns via messaging in the patient portal. They even call (!!) when something is too challenging to explain via email. I never feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions or being annoying - they are a truly wonderful bunch!
$30k - includes PGS testing, all meds, and two cycles, frozen transfer
Not applicable for me - I was not eligible for multiple embryo transfer due to a medical condition.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Andrea [Reh] was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest...As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing.
Shady Grove has cutting-edge technology and gives you confidence in the procedures and treatments. They have many different locations and everyone from front desk staff to the physicians are extremely kind. At times, I had some difficulty getting super specific information or suggestions about finances....The entire nursing staff was always very kind. I felt very comfortable and welcome....I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
Andrea was very thorough in exploring all of my options. As a single woman, she was supportive of my journey. I never felt worried about doing this alone. Andrea never made me feel like she was rushing. In fact, when I apologized for asking so many questions, she told me that it was her job and to ask her everything I needed to. In addition, I was told to contact her with further questions. She encouraged me to keep all of my options open and explore all possibilities. Each time I go, Andrea makes me feel that I matter and am not just another number.
That she is very nice and thorough - don't hesitate to ask her any questions.
Andrea was extremely kind and really took the time to explain everything, including things that were not necessarily in her scope of expertise (financing). She was very patient and really explored all options with me. In addition, she was very honest.
I had fibroid surgery while I was under Andrea's care. I had all of the testing done to assess readiness for IVF. My treatment was pause in order to secure proper financing. We discussed transferring my eggs from NY, using egg donors, and using sperm donors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: first nurse is no longer there)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I was able to use insurance only for the fibroid surgery. Everything else has been out of pocket - my insurance does not cover anything. I believe using my froze eggs (including transfer) costs somewhere around 16K, if this is not successful, using an egg donor (shared) will be around 19k.
Annapolis

we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning... She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation.... Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
The Ballston facility [of Shady Grove Fertility] was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel...I was worried that Shady Grove would try and push us into treatments that I wasn’t comfortable with/we couldn’t afford. Dr Reh listed to our concerns and took time to explain the pros and cons of each treatment option. She was also honest about questions we had that she couldn’t answer. We never felt guilted, pushed, or pressured into making a decision.
How was your experience with Andrea Reh at Shady Grove Fertility?
I would say have know that she will be honest with you and have faith in the decisions you make together. At least in our experience, we met with Dr Reh to lay out a treatment regime but then went through the rest of it under the care of clinicians at other facilities that were closer to work, so we didn’t get to see her as regularly as we did in the beginning. We asked a lot of questions of Dr Reh in the beginning so that we fully understood our path forward and that helped us navigate through treatment. This was important as the treatment can feel very factory-ish and the other medical personnel you’re dealing with may not have the time or insight to answer questions specific to your treatment.
My husband and I waited to start our family and I dreaded ending up exactly where we found ourselves-needing fertility assistance. I didn’t know what to expect, worried about the costs and somewhat about being blamed by our Dr for waiting so long. If I’d known how wonderful Dr Reh would be to work with, I never would have had these concerns. She always took the time to answer all of our questions and was honest with us about possible outcomes without sugar coating our situation. I ended up having my blood work/ultrasound work done at the DC Shady Grove facility and it definitely felt factory-ish, but in our meetings at Ballston with Dr Reh we never, ever felt like a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The Ballston facility was great-the office staff remembered us, answered our questions and helped us with insurance questions. The Foggy Bottom location, by contrast, was always so busy and hectic you feel like a cog in a wheel.
We had insurance that covered 50%, and they had an excellent financial counselor (Grace). We knew the cost of treatments before proceeding with them, so we were able to make informed decisions.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?