7.2

20 Hughes Road,
Madison, AL 35758
256.213.2229

2010 - 2019, Unknown Success
in the years I have been under [Dr. Harpers'] care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern. He did say during the first consult that my weight could be a factor in my infertility but he didn’t say it in a judgmental way; it was more of him listing all the reasons why I could be experiencing infertility and my weight was the most obvious one. Overall, Dr. Harper is good at providing a course of treatment for his nurses to relay to the patient.
The main weakness [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be...The nursing staff is amazing! That is who I saw mainly and they seemed to truly care about the patients and listen to any concerns or questions they may have...in the years I have been under [Dr. Harpers'] care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is very knowledgeable in his field so that makes him seem cold and lacking compassion but I think it’s because he has so many thoughts going on in his head about your situation. Now, in the years I have been under his care I have seen him for two consultations, my 1st dye test, and to go over some stuff when I thought I was having a miscarriage with my first. He is direct and blunt but only out of concern. He did say during the first consult that my weight could be a factor in my infertility but he didn’t say it in a judgmental way; it was more of him listing all the reasons why I could be experiencing infertility and my weight was the most obvious one. Overall, Dr. Harper is good at providing a course of treatment for his nurses to relay to the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to feel like you should be taking notes during the consult but know that he is there working to get you to your dream of having a child.
Describe the protocols Andrew Harper used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
2010-2011: we almost maxed out the recommended rounds for clomid and I did two or theee trigger shots with timed intercourse. I also had a dye test done to check my tubes (no blockage). I got my positive after having the dye test done. 2013-2014: I believe it was clomid and trigger shots. Since it worked before they figured let’s try it again. I got pregnant quicker this time around. 2017: went to another doctor in different state. 2018: did a few rounds of fertility meds. IUI recommended because the meds were not working. IUI unsussesful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea. Joan. )
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The main weakness that I saw but I’m not sure if it’s just me but the receptionist seemed not as organized as needed to be. I was transferring back to HRM from an out of state doctor after not going to HRM for over 3 years. I had to redo paperwork, have my files transferred over, etc. Well, I was told by my nurse that they had not received my records. All I knew to do was resubmit the paperwork. Well my next appointment they still did not have my records. The receptionist then says “oh, I was meaning to call you the number you gave us was wrong.” Ok, cool, but you have Internet (I’ve seen her clothes shopping online) google the name of the doctor, get the number, call, explain the situation and get it done! Other than that, I cannot find any fault with the practice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They were high and insurance didn’t appear to cover much. The IUI was a flat out-of-pocket fee. Since the procedures didn’t vary much we paid $270/ month this last time (2018). I do not remember paying so much back in 2010-2011 because I was stressed it would cost a lot due to other’s stories but it was not as high as I thought. We also have different insurance this time around, too (Cigna now vs BCBS then).
What specific things went wrong at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I rarely see Dr. Harper, which is fine with me. However, when I was having complications they all kept in close contact, even after hours ... Dr. Harper is knowledgeable and very technical. He has laid out all of my options in each situation. He took a less invasive approach during my ectopic pregnancy. Which led to a prolonged recovery. I do think his is caring and soft spoken ...
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be. ... Each IUI is $295. ... I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. ...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Do your own research so that you can have specific questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I love the nurses. I rarely see Dr. Harper, which is fine with me. However, when I was having complications they all kept in close contact, even after hours
In 2016 we did mostly timed intercourse with a combo of Chlomid and Femara. 2017 we did two IUI. Both with a combo of Chlomid and femara. Most times ive had to do at least 2 rounds of drugs within a cycle. The 1st was negative. The second I also had the trigger shot and became pregnant. It ended in an ectopic pregnancy and the removal of a fallopian tube. I had 2 IUI in the beginning of 2018 that were negative. I've been on a break since May 2018. Working to lose weight and prepare for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have dealt with the entire nursing staff. They all are very compassionate. I always receive a callback in a timely manner. Joan took very excellent care of me during my ectopic pregnancy
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Accessibility is sometimes an issues. When you are new to the process sometimes things happen after hours. It can be frustrating when the nurses are gone and you are faced with the unexpected. The clinic itself is clean and as inviting as a fertility clinic can be.
Each IUI is $295. My bloodwork and office visits are covered by insurance. As well as Chlomid and Femara. Trigger shots and other injections were out of pocket. In the amount of $165 and up
Madison

We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though....Dr. Harper is a very educated man...i wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. ...He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist....I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything.
Every Nurse at Dr. Harper's office is great. They show compassion and are very upbeat and positive. They get back with me in a timely manner and are very prompt. They are informative in person and over the phone...Each IUI cost me $295 out of pocket because my insurance covers NOTHING!! My IVF cost with meds and procedure $12K...They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper is a very educated man but did kinda talk above our understanding. He did answer our questions but sometimes used technical terms that we were not familiar with. Before meeting Dr. Harper we meet with the Nurse practitioner, she was very kind and talked more on our level.
Be open to all possibilities. Have an understanding before you walk in there of what might happen and what will happen. Have your questions ready and prepared so you are not caught off guard by one of his answers or his questions.
We have met with Dr. Harper 2x and he was thorough. Sometimes he talked above our heads though. The nursing staff is excellent and has always made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation and with my last IUI Dr. Harper had left for the day but the 2 nurses that did the IUI had trouble finding my cervix and had to call Dr. Harper. He was an hour away but was helpful in helping them find it. It took longer than any of my other IUIs and caused a little bit of pain. Joan my nurse gave me 3 Tylenol and a glass of water before I left.
He told us it was on my end because of the laparoscopy results from my gynecologist. We would do at least 3 IUIs and if they failed we would have a meeting with him to discuss IVF. We had our meeting after our 3rd IUI and discussed IVF. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so he said my A1c had to be at a certain number and my endocrinologist had to be the ultimate one to determine if my A1c was at a good level before he would do anything. My husband and I were the ones to decide to do the 4th IUI before we went on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan or Jennifer )
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They all are very helpful and do what they can to give you good information of what the Dr. had to say. I wish I would be able to talk personally with Dr. Harper myself instead of making an appt. To see him.
2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Harper is kind & quiet. He has been forthcoming about the obstacles at hand, but has always delivered the truth eloquently. I do not see Dr. Harper at every visit. I do not feel that it would be necessary to do so. Dr. Harper has always been willing to meet with my husband and I to discuss any change in treatment, medication, or concerns.... He conveys his concern for our wellbeing and is always happy to meet with us if we have concerns.
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Harper's nursing staff is. Chelsea is organized & prompt. I truely feel that I can approach her with any concern. She has become a friend during this process. I believe my experience at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine has been so positive largely in part due to the nursing staff... The billing and front desk would be my only complaint. I have experienced unnecessary stress due to billing at this office. Every instance was a mistake made by the billing department. The front desk person is often unfriendly.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I feel like a human, because I truely feel that they long for my husband and I to have a successful pregnancy just as we do. He conveys his concern for our wellbeing and is always happy to meet with us if we have concerns.
I began treament with oral Femera. After 3 failed cycles, we began IUI. The first IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the 3 following resulted in 3 negative pregnancy tests. I had a exploratory lap after the 3rd failed IUI. Dr. Harper found mild endometriosis and confirmed a unicornuate uterus. After the 4th failed IUI, we decided to began IVF. I have had 1 egg retrieval resulting in 7 eggs retrieved. 3 eggs survived. We transferred 1 embryo 5 days after the retrieval, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. I have had 2 frozen transfers, both of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance only covers up until diagnosis. It does not cover any type of treatment. The IUI procedure cost was approximately $300, not including medication costs. We opted for a shared risk IVF program. We paid approximately $16,000, not including medication, for treatment over the next 3 years or 6 fresh cycles.
Describe Andrew Harper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Harper has recommended single embryo transfers at this time due to the nature of my uterus (very small, limited room).
Madison
He [Dr. Andrew Harper] is blunt which I like, he is methodical and very knowledgeable. We have had two hour long meetings with him to move to the next stage of the plan. He is very honest about success rates. He preformed my surgery and made sure I knew what to expec... We tried 3 medicine only cycles on femera. I had previously had side effects with clomid. Then we moved on to iui. Before my first iui I had my hsg to look at my tubes.we went in this order for cost reasons since iui would be more expensive. We did 4 femera iuis. The next step was I've or surgery for endo. We choose endometriosis surgery and found I have lvl 3. From there he called it a minor reset and we tried 3 more iui cycles. Now we are saving for ivf. He was always open to explain cost and risk.
It [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine- Madison] is a smaller clinic but they always have time to get you in the schedule. I went to the because they were in my town. The receptionist can be a bit severe at times but that is ok. The facility is set up nice with plenty of seats in the waiting room. They are very organized... They [the nurses] are on your team. They have always been supportive and understanding about the emotional side of fertility. They are very knowledgeable and can answer my questions
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He is blunt which I like, he is methodical and very knowledgeable. We have had two hour long meetings with him to move to the next stage of the plan. He is very honest about success rates. He preformed my surgery and made sure I knew what to expect
He will tell you the facts so don't expect sugar coating
All the nurses know me, keep up with my life, it is a small personal clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan)
They are on your team. They have always been supportive and understanding about the emotional side of fertility. They are very knowledgeable and can answer my questions
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
It is a smaller clinic but they always have time to get you in the schedule. I went to the because they were in my town. The receptionist can be a bit severe at times but that is ok. The facility is set up nice with plenty of seats in the waiting room. They are very organized
Each iui was 250 for the procedure out of pocket
Madison
Dr. Harper explains all things very clinically but is very open to the questions that we had. I did have to ask for further explanation from his nursing staff in a way that broke it down step by step but he is very good.... 3 months of Clomid. 3 months of letrazole. Ovidrel shots until I began to ovulate on my own!! 6 you procedures.
Lynne [a nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!... Some front office staff are wonderful. Some are miserable at their job. I feel front office staff in a facility for fertility should have some compassion and patience.. Dr. Harper is wonderful on thr clinical side anf his nursing staff is incredible!!!
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient. Lets face it the nurses are the one who handle all medical care during any type of medical visit. They always say the nurses wont kill you thats the doctor's job. So while Dr. Harper may be in on it the nurses are thr hands on ones who are gonna knock you up.
He explained everything thoroughly and was sympathetic to my plight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lynne and Joan)
Lynne is who I started with and she was awesome. Very patient and very communicative. Ive been with Joan the last few times and what a blessing she is!!! So sensitive and feels like such a friend through the whole thing!!!
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covers 80% plus most of my meds so my cost wasn't too bad.
2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Andrew Harper] was very informative and answered all questions...He was very knowledgeable and explained all of our options. He was willing to listen to what we wanted out of this treatment and how aggressive we wanted to be. He let us be involved in our treatment plans....[protocol included] Clomid on cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and lab work on day 13, Trigger shot on day 13, IUI on day 15
all lab work done in office [at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] and results are same day. Comfortable feel to the office. Very nice staff members...Autumn was such a sweet and caring nurse. Also the nurse practitioner was amazing when performing the IUI. She answered all questions and was very compassionate...[protocol] Clomid on cycle days 3-7. Ultrasound and lab work on day 13, Trigger shot on day 13, IUI on day 15...IUI cost $295
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Take notes and ask questions
He was very informative and answered all questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Autumn)
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Strength: all lab work done in office and results are same day. Comfortable feel to the office. Very nice staff members. Weakness: the office is located in Madison which is kind of far from our house.
IUI cost $295 Appointments: $25 copay