7.2

Andrew Harper works at

20 Hughes Road,
Madison, AL 35758
256.213.2229

[Dr. Andrew Harper] he was very reassuring and communicated very effectively. He calmed my nerves and walked me through the steps until it was over...started me on Provera a few weeks prior to my cycle. I started my medicine (Gonal F and Menopur) and continued for 10 days, he lowered my dose on both on day 4 and then triggered (Ovidrel) on day 10. My retrieval was two days later. They acquired 6 eggs, 5 mature and fertilized
[nurse of Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] She always takes the time to explain to me each detail of the process. She is very efficient in her responses whether it’s through email or phone...We had to take out a $8,000 loan just for our first round of IVF...[clinic]They acquired 6 eggs, 5 mature and fertilized. 4 made it to day 3, 1 frozen on day 5 ...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper was highly recommended to me by friends. I am a past childhood cancer patient and this whole process was very new and scary. So I wanted to go with someone that was well thought of. Although I did not meet him until retrieval, he was very reassuring and communicated very effectively. He calmed my nerves and walked me through the steps until it was over. He is a sweet man!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Although you may be hesitant and nervous about this whole process, remember to go in with an open mind but have questions ready and don’t give up on your hopes. You are your biggest advocate and don’t let anyone talk to you out of your dreams. Keep your head up and the clinic will take great care of you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
I definitely feel like I was treated wonderfully by our clinic and staff. Although, I was unable to meet Dr. Harper until my actually right retrieval which caused a little more anxiety. But he was very nice and calmed my nerves!
Describe the protocols Andrew Harper used in your cycles at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Harper started me on Provera a few weeks prior to my cycle. I started my medicine (Gonal F and Menopur) and continued for 10 days, he lowered my dose on both on day 4 and then triggered (Ovidrel) on day 10. My retrieval was two days later. They acquired 6 eggs, 5 mature and fertilized. 4 made it to day 3, 1 frozen on day 5 and the rest did not make it unfortunately. We were scheduled to try another cycle this April but it got postponed until further notice due to COVID.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Underwood)
Jennifer is a God send. She always takes the time to explain to me each detail of the process. She is very efficient in her responses whether it’s through email or phone. I always had a MILLION questions and she was so patient through it all. So thankful for her!
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
Huntsville Reproductive is amazing! I started off at Nashville Fertility and changed due to concerns with the doctor and his bedside manner as eel as staff. Huntsville is the best at communication, genuine care and really wants everything to work out for you. Especially compared to Nashville, they are amazing!!!! I can’t say good enough things about them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We had to take out a $8,000 loan just for our first round of IVF. We are currently in the process of paying it back.
Describe Andrew Harper's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have not had a transfer yet due to Dr. Harper thinking it will be more beneficial to do a frozen transfer. He along with my husband and I only want to transfer one due to my past health issues. I have one lung and he doesn’t want to put more pressure on it than necessary.

2013 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Andrew Harper] can be very technical and some people can be overwhelmed by that. Personally, it suited me quite well.... r. Harper not only helped me get officially diagnosed with an NIH list of rare diseases disorder, but he was there every step helping me find treatment options that worked for me and he never let me feel that I was on my own or that my problems were not important. He may be an adorkable quiet guy with a lot of big words, but he cares about every family that walks in his door and while he's not very openly emotional, his actions will show you how much he cares and that whatever is happening, he will believe you and help you.
They're [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine-Madison] very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He can be very technical and some people can be overwhelmed by that. Personally, it suited me quite well. The thing that stands out most to me was that after my children were born, I started having autoimmune symptoms that my ob/gyn did not take seriously. Dr. Harper not only helped me get officially diagnosed with an NIH list of rare diseases disorder, but he was there every step helping me find treatment options that worked for me and he never let me feel that I was on my own or that my problems were not important. He may be an adorkable quiet guy with a lot of big words, but he cares about every family that walks in his door and while he's not very openly emotional, his actions will show you how much he cares and that whatever is happening, he will believe you and help you.
Ask questions. Don't feel intimidated or embarrassed. He's seen it all and he wants to help you.
I'm a biochemist. Dr. Harper not only talked to me like a respected patient, but like an educated colleague, too.
We did lupron IVF protocol for 15 eggs, 9 embryos, 3 that were viable at transfer, 2 transferred and the last one did not make it to cryo. I carried twins to 37 weeks. I don't recall all the various drugs and dosages anymore of the things that didn't work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was a great personality match for me! She listened to what I had to say and always answered my questions. My kids are in kindergarten now and we're still in touch.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They're very clear about what your options are financially, options to help when available and I never had any trouble at all with the office. They're great! I only know one nurse that's still there, but I can't see Dr. Harper hiring a bad one. This is a place where they care about their patients, and whether the end result is a pregnancy, or referral for adoption, or finding closure another way, they will go with you for every step.
Approximately $20,000 for two retrievals and associated IVF costs.
They did a great job talking to us about the options. We had three, transferred two and the last one never looked great and didn't make it to cryo. I surprised myself by grieving for that last embryo, and both Dr. Harper and the nursing staff were supportive when I needed it.

2014 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Harper has a great bedside manner. He is straight to the point and loves to educate his patients on everything involved in the treatment he recommends. He’s also open to suggestions if a patient says well I have a friend that tried this and it worked for her. He’s not against letting the patient have a say in their treatment....Because of my age, Dr. Kiltz/Corley allowed me to transfer two embryos with the hopes that at least one would stick.
The clinic [Hunt Repro Med] is inviting. Well organized and very clean. Nice sized waiting room with lots of conscious magazines. Everything is convenient for both the patients and the staff of the office. I’m told the collection room was nice and clean as well...The nurses were so personable and professional. I never once was treated unfairly. I love the staff at Dr. Harper’s office.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Remain calm throughout your journey.
In the past I’ve been on clomid 50 mg for the first two timed intercourse cycles before being increased to 100mg. When that was unsuccessful, we then switched to letrozole and ovidrel for all 4 IUi’s. Along with me taking metformin at bedtime.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea )
The nurses rock! They’re all so informative and compassionate about what they do. They go over and above to make sure that the pat understands the directions.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is inviting. Well organized and very clean. Nice sized waiting room with lots of conscious magazines. Everything is convenient for both the patients and the staff of the office. I’m told the collection room was nice and clean as well.
My insurance covers all of my labs and ultrasounds. The only thing I’ve had to pay for was the IUI’s.
Madison

Since we only have seen him [Dr. Andrew Harper] a few times we can only describe the few times we have had interactions with him. He was usually frank about our chances and didn't candy coat anything even it would of eased some of our pain. He adjusted my wife's meds as needed.... At the start we tried the simple pills to try and get results, but none of those options worked. We had to switch to injectables. She was first on just menopur, then on a combination of follistim and menopur. We have stayed roughly around the same dosage for the last few cycles.
We have only been doing observations through them [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine-Madison] for the most part as we are doing timed intercourse. The IUI process we did the one time went over fine. We can't comment on any of the IVF process as our insurance doesn't cover any of the ART treatments.... We see our nurses every time we go in and they are our main contact. They communicate fairly well and take our concerns and questions to our doctor.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Since we only have seen him a few times we can only describe the few times we have had interactions with him. He was usually frank about our chances and didn't candy coat anything even it would of eased some of our pain. He adjusted my wife's meds as needed.
He is good at what he does but his bedside manner is a bit lacking.
We did not see the doctor very much, but the few times he tried to treat as humans, but sometimes his news delivery was with no emotions at all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan / Jennifer (shared))
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
We have only been doing observations through them for the most part as we are doing timed intercourse. The IUI process we did the one time went over fine. We can't comment on any of the IVF process as our insurance doesn't cover any of the ART treatments.
Our insurance covers everything but ART treatment, so once we met our deductibles we are only charged our copay and the percentage our insurance doesn't cover. For our IUI we had to pay out of pocket, but it was reasonable.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Harper has been a big help in our journey. I know he can't work miracles and get us all pregnant, but he remains hopeful that he will get us there with our remaining embryos. I have felt every disappointment there has been with each negative cycle. He has been there to explain my options, what to expect, the different outcomes.... We have tried oral meds, injectables with iui.Our Ivf cycle we went with 150 gonal F adjusted thru cycle along with Menopur. They were able to retrieve 21 eggs
I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them [Huntsville Reproductive Med] and got it all straightened out.... Chelsea has been amazing. Whether I came in on a great mood or absolutely horrible mood she always takes time to chit chat about how I'm feeling,how things are going outside of Infertility
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He Will listen to all of your concerns.
He always takes the time to sit and explain where we are In the cycle, what to expect, and thoroughly answer any questions I have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea)
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I have yet to experience any flaws in the office.other than there was a mix up of trying to charge me my insurance deductible up front,but my insurance company spoke with them and got it all straightened out.
All labs,ultrasounds,visits were covered by insurance. Insurance covers no oil or ivf. We paid $295/iui's. We did 7 iui's. 1 ivf cycle was around 8500.we pd out of pocket plus around $1000 for the meds
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Harper seems extremely knowledgeable about his field of medicine. He took me as a patient when my other dr left the clinic. The durst time I meet dr. Harper, he knew everything about my situation. He had studied my chart well. I am confident in him at this point...The dr and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable...He stumbles over his words sometimes. It just seems that he has so much that he wants to share with you, that it takes a while to get to the point
It [Hunt Reproductive Medicine] is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept...[Nurse] Chelsea has seen me through every step of the process. She brought me into the office for a very detailed injectables training session. She is friendly and comforting....The dr [Dr. Harper] and staff are very accessible. They answer all questions. Very friendly and knowledgeable....Iui is $295. IVF is $7995...
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient. He stumbles over his words sometimes. It just seems that he has so much that he wants to share with you, that it takes a while to get to the point
Dr. Harper took over my case in the middle of my last cycle. He performed my 2nd IUI. Now we are getting ready for our 1st IVF.he has prescribed 225 units of gonal-f, 75 units of menopur and 81mg baby aspirin to start with. I will be adding cetrotide into the mix eventually.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
It is very easy to find. It's very clean and well maintained. Their equipment is new and we'll kept.
Iui is $295. IVF is $7995
My husband and I want to transfer 2 embryos, and Dr harper said that is ok so long as we don't have an aversion to twins, which we don't.
2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic. ... The clinic can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.
The clinic [Huntsville Reproductive Med-Madison] can schedule blood work as early as 7 AM which was great for me because I could go before work and still be on time. They had the results back before mid day and called with instructions on what to do next. They were very flexible and easy to contact when needed.... Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic.
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Harper was very knowledgeable in his field. He consulted with us in an understandable way. We saw him several times throughout the process. We loved his clinic. Both transfers we did resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
He recommend one embryo because of our our age.
IUI With Other Docs
We had our consultations and blood work and transvaginal exam [with Dr. Andrew Harper]. We were told it all looks good and I was able to see the home of our future babies and a 16mm follicle (even before we decided to stay with dr. H) We are officially TTC and will do our first insemination anytime we are ready!... He comes in with a lot of info and is ready for whatever comes. He explains the process and doesn't let you get tunnel vision. Hes realistic and hopeful at the same time. We went to him scared and unsure and most of our info came from google but we left feeling like "we got this!"
I would like my blood tests explain in a bit more detail [from the staff at Huntsville Reproductive Med] so if you are like me you will need to ask. Everything else is great! They have a lot of training g and they got my blood draw on the first shot (that has never happened!) They are apologetic if they stick you or know a procedure is uncomfortable and are patient focused!
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
To just give him a try. Hes nice and has experience in his field.
The nurse ladies who help him run that practice are all wonderful. He is educated and likes a plan. It's still too early to tell but I was recommended to use him by a former patient and good friend and we love him so far.
We had our consultations and blood work and transvaginal exam. We were told it all looks good and I was able to see the home of our future babies and a 16mm follicle (even before we decided to stay with dr. H) We are officially TTC and will do our first insemination anytime we are ready!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joan)
The nursing staff is the best ive seen so far! They are kind and patient. They are the best team I've seen in my 11 years working in the healthcare system!
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I would like my blood tests explain in a bit more detail so if you are like me you will need to ask. Everything else is great! They have a lot of training g and they got my blood draw on the first shot (that has never happened!) They are apologetic if they stick you or know a procedure is uncomfortable and are patient focused!
They have a $200 dollar escrow account balance or you can put your credit card in. I opted to pay the $200 because I dint like tonpption of possibly yanking money from our account anytime the insurance made a mistake. So far we pay our copay and the $200 and that's all until the procedure. The iui is Approximately $250 plus donor sperm (in our case)
None.
Madison

He [Dr. Andrew Harper] was always straightforward with us and helped us make good decisions. He was honest. We felt like he had a good handle on our case and would take good care of us. He always listened to me questions and took time to answer...he let us transfer 2 to 3 embryos...we increased my menopur and gonal and had much better results....
They [Huntsville Reproductive Medicine] always let me come early before work for monitoring so I never missed work or went in late...Jennifer [nurse] was always organized and knowledgable. Very smart. Always took time to explain and help us when needed...We loved having an RN assigned to us and she knew everything about our case....
How was your experience with Andrew Harper at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine?
He was always straightforward with us and helped us make good decisions. He was honest. We felt like he had a good handle on our case and would take good care of us. He always listened to me questions and took time to answer.
Go see him now
We loved having an RN assigned to us and she knew everything about our case.
I dont remember. In know we increased my menopur and gonal and had much better results
Describe your experience with your nurse at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was always organized and knowledgable. Very smart. Always took time to explain and help us when needed
Describe your experience with Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
I loved that it was so much more affordable. We were able to pay what our insurance didnt cover out of pocket. Everyone was nice and helpful. Well managed. We had no complaints with anyone. I wouldn't hesitate to refer anyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Huntsville Reproductive Medicine.
They always let me come early before work for monitoring so I never missed work or went in late
Unsure of total as we had good insurance but much better than the first clinic we went to. We only paid copays and a few things that weren't covered
I was thankful he let us transfer 2 to 3 embryos .