Reproductive Care Center

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Rochester
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
Clearfield
1725 East 1450 South
Clearfield, UT 84015
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Andrew Moore to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Care Center to a friend?
None, Unexplained
He [Dr. Andrew Moore] wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
None, Unexplained
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
Great bedside manner. He made jokes with us, and helped keep the mood light. Dr. Moore was very knowledgeable. Anybody who seeks treatment through him will be in capable hands. I highly recommend him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He is straight forward, and I love that about him. Know that he is very easy going. Just know that you are in good hands with Dr. Moore and his nurses!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center?
He wrote detailed notes in my chart for the nurses about how to get through my curvy cervix (more detail than any of them had ever seen). It certainly made the IUI process less stressful! He always seemed happy to see my husband and I. Dr. Moore filled us with hope. And when our pregnancy was confirmed he invited us to bring our baby to meet him when the time comes!
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
He went over all of my medical history from my OB and previous fertility clinic, as well as surgeries I had completed at the hospital. Because it had been a few years since we had sought out fertility treatments, we started at the beginning, but he also added a water ultrasound of my uterus, which had never been done before. My HSG that I had done before came back positively (minor scar tissue in my fallopian tubes). I did 2 rounds of femara with IUI, same protocol each time. I also had to get my Varicella vaccine updated because my immunity to that was low. I got pregnant from my 2nd IUI.
Super friendly. Always got a call back within a few hours. Always positive and happy to help.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They have many offices throughout Utah, as well as some in Idaho, Wyoming, and maybe Colorado. I wish their PG office had their own billing instead of having to work through the Sandy clinic (I think they were working on that earlier this year.) Everybody there always had a smile on their face, which helped when going through such a traumatic time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at Reproductive Care Center.
I think between my two cycles with all the ultrasounds, blood work, medications, consultation, and IUI procedures we probably paid around $5,000 out-of-pocket. (Insurance only covered minimal testing.)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
Reproductive Care Center
Pleasant Grove
I liked Dr. Moore as a person; however, I felt that the protocol was not optimized for my particular circumstances. It seemed like all patients get pretty much the same protocol with just the medication amounts changed....I sent him a note asking whether this was the right protocol but never heard back. I wished I had refused to go forward until hearing his justification for that protocol.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
I liked Dr. Moore as a person; however, I felt that the protocol was not optimized for my particular circumstances. It seemed like all patients get pretty much the same protocol with just the medication amounts changed. I had done some reading online about diminished ovarian reserve, and there were a lot of opinions that birth control should be used sparingly for DOR patients, whereas Dr. Moore wanted me on them for 5 weeks. I sent him a note asking whether this was the right protocol but never heard back. I wished I had refused to go forward until hearing his justification for that protocol.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
I would not recommend the U of U clinic if you have a more complex fertility problem, as I don't think they have the most cutting edge protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Dr. Moore spent significant time with my husband and me during our appointments. He made sure to answer all of our questions and never rushed us.
Describe the protocols Andrew Moore used in your cycles at University of Utah and their degree of success.
I was on birth control for five weeks, then Gonal-F, Menopur, and Saizen. I started Cetrotide on day 6 and triggered at day 8. They retrieved 6 eggs, did not do ICSI, and 2 fertilized. Both made it to day 5, although 1 was only a morula. We transferred the blastocyst and I had a positive pregnancy test, but a miscarriage at 8 weeks. The morula did not survive to day 6 for freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Carver)
In general, most of the nurses I saw were compassionate and kind. The U of U patient portal is also very good for communicating with the nurses. My biggest frustration was the inability to ever speak to a nurse on the phone. No one ever answers the IVF nurse line. It says they will return messages within 24 hours, but I found that not to be true. I had better luck with emailing and getting an emailed response back, but there were times when I just wanted to speak to someone and found it so frustrating not to be able to. For example, I did my HCG tests out of state, while traveling. The lab order did not have all the information the lab needed to do the test. I just needed to get a nurse on the phone to provide the missing information -- instead, I sat at the lab for an hour waiting for one of the nurses to email me back.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I do not think that they are using the most up to date protocols. They also rotate the doctors through multiple locations, so I often had to drive much further than I would have liked to see my doctor on certain days.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Moore at University of Utah.
$8,900 for the IVF cycle (no ICSI). The medications came to about $5,000.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Moore was always straight forward but kind. He always let us know what to expect. Him and his staff were readily available when we had questions. In fact, on the night of our trigger shot for IVF, we were unsure of the dosage and were able to reach him at home to confirm the correct dosage. I would definitely recommend Dr. Moore and the U of U fertility clinic to a friend.... He was frequently running a little late because he will take extra time with his patients to answer any questions that they may have. Once, the receptionist had mis-typed that our appointment was supposed to 15 minutes instead of 45. Dr. Moore didn't have us reschedule, he made the time to meet with us for the 45 minutes and answer our questions.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Dr. Moore was great! He was kind. He was frequently running a little late because he will take extra time with his patients to answer any questions that they may have. Once, the receptionist had mis-typed that our appointment was supposed to 15 minutes instead of 45. Dr. Moore didn't have us reschedule, he made the time to meet with us for the 45 minutes and answer our questions.
Be patient. He may be running late but that is because he is taking good care of his patients.
In our first appointment, he looked over our past tests and suggested that we have another semen analysis completed. The analysis came back showing low sperm motility. From there he suggested a sperm penetration test. That test came back negative. He suggested that we skip IUI or regular IVF because of the results of the test. Thus saving us money in the long run. We did IVF w/ICSI. I was on birth control pills for one month prior. From there, I began taking Menopur then added citrotide. (I can't remember the exact dosage). I went in for an ultrasound every other day during this time to measure my follicle growth. On day 11, I took a trigger shot of HCG and Lupron. A day and half later, I had my retrieval where they retrieved 15 eggs, 9 of those eggs fertilized and 5 made it to day 5. After retrieval, I began taking Crinone (progestrone) and estrogen which I continued until week 10 of pregnancy. We did a day 5 transfer. All of our embryos were average quality. We decided to only transfer one at the encouragement of our doctor. After transfer I was given a dose of Lupron to encourage implantation. This cycle resulted in pregnancy and I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Utah. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Heidi was great at making sure you knew what to do and what was coming next. She was really straight forward. At first, I thought she was a little cold, but as I got to know her better I realized that was just her personality and that she is a great nurse!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
The only downside, is that the clinic is up by the University of Utah in Salt Lake. I live in Riverton so the driving back and forth so many times was tiresome. Overall, this clinic was great. The staff was kind, helpful and knowledgeable. At 8 weeks pregnant I started bleeding heavily. I called the clinic and they got me in for an ultrasound the very next morning to make sure everything was fine. The doctor on call was so kind. After our ultrasound and everything looked good, she scheduled us for another a few weeks later for peace of mind.
We did a guarantee program. We paid $16,000 for one fresh cycle and two frozen of IVF with ICSI. This cost covered appointments, ultrasounds, retrivial, transfer, and shots administered at the clinic. It did not cover medications. I believe we paid around $3,000 for shots and other drugs. The guarantee program did not include the extra ultrasounds I had after I became pregnant.
SLC
In the beginning, we LOVED Dr Moore! He was treating my aggressive endometriosis to prolong another surgery and to prep for eventual conception. He gave me lots of options, but everything went downhill when he started me on Lupron. Lupron causes horrific side effects when first started and has to be injected in a timely manner to be effective. Out of the 6 injections I had, only 1 OF THEM was on time, which led me to have all these horrific, yet TOTALLY AVOIDABLE side effects...I was only supposed to be on Lupron for a few months, but because I couldnt ever get my shots on time, we had to keep starting over. And almost a year and a half later with injections, I still lost my tubes.
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
In the beginning, we LOVED Dr Moore! He was treating my aggressive endometriosis to prolong another surgery and to prep for eventual conception. He gave me lots of options, but everything went downhill when he started me on Lupron. Lupron causes horrific side effects when first started and has to be injected in a timely manner to be effective. Out of the 6 injections I had, only 1 OF THEM was on time, which led me to have all these horrific, yet TOTALLY AVOIDABLE side effects. His nurse either couldnt get the injection ordered on time, preauthed in time, really simple and EASY tasks, and would take up to 1 WEEK or longer to get back to me about ANYTHING! I tried talking to the nurse, Dr Moore himself, the office manager, everyone in the office about how awful their service was and how I was not getting adequate treatment. In the moment they always apologized and assured me that things would get better, that theyd get back to me more promptly, that things would change and they NEVER would! I tried to be patient and give them the benefit of a doubt to fix things, but I felt like it got to the point that they just wrote me off and didnt want to help me anymore. Ive worked in healthcare for over 10 years so I understand how it works, and I'm an easy going, patient and understanding person at drs offices BECAUSE of that. But this was just assanine at how terrible the service was. I tried everything! I was only supposed to be on Lupron for a few months, but because I couldnt ever get my shots on time, we had to keep starting over. And almost a year and a half later with injections, I still lost my tubes. Whether that was because the Lupron couldnt so its job due to lack of getting injected on time, or what I dont know. But I had perfect tubes when I first saw Dr Moore, and I lost them by the time I was done seeing him, and it will haunt me forever being robbed of my chance to conceive naturally and will always wonder if it was because of my experience there. So whether this was because the nurse didnt have adequate training, support to do her job, or was just that bad at her job, I dont know. But I am so mad at myself for staying under his care for as long as I did, and am hurt that even though I was so patient with them and their constant errors, they eventually stopped caring about treating me and I suffered the ultimate price because of it.
If his nurse is still Annie, DONT go there and waste your time!!
It wasnt so much that I felt like a number, it was more that I coulsnt ever get the care I needed in a timely manner.
We were trying to treat my endometriosis to prep for possible fertility treatments. It started with Progesteronen but that wasnt aggressive enough so we started Lupron to avoid another surgery. Thats as far as I got with him and then went to another Clinic because of such terrible service.
Annie could never do anything in a timely manner. It took her over a week to return any of my phone calls or messages, and when she finally did, it was 1 sentence answers, but never the answers to my questions. (Its all documented on their online portal!) She very rarely knew the answers to any questions I had but she would never find out from someone else for me. She couldn't get my shots ordered or preauthed on time, I had to direct her on what to do most of the time, she never knew what she was doing!! Whenever I voiced my concerns with her ABOUT her, she always acted like she felt so bad for me that I was being treated so bad, like it wasnt HER fault I was having all these problems! I tried to be so patient and understanding with her, but it was like beating a dead horse. I think if it wasnt for her, I would have stayed at their clinic, because I really did like Dr Moore until he started blowing me off. I had talked to other nurses in their slc office who were always so prompt and helpful but they always had to redirect me back to Annie because he was Dr Moores nurse. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
If you're going to go to the U, DONT go to the Orem office! Ive listed all my concerns answering other questions in this survey.
My insurance paid for my injections so I only had co-pays and a deductible to meet.
Describe Andrew Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Utah.
We didnt get that far.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I loved Dr. Moore. He hadn't seen us in almost two years when we saw him last and he remembered us and was excited for us to do IVF again. When we did our fresh transfer with him, he made sure to answer all of our questions and made us feel like we had a voice in our treatments...If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask him. He is very thorough and goes over everything!...We would have stayed with him if our insurance covered him and the clinic. He was just very understanding and seemed excited to work with us again. With our first fresh transfer he explained to us the risks of transferring two embryos and was very helpful...
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Dr. Moore, was just wonderful! We would have stayed with him if our insurance covered him and the clinic. He was just very understanding and seemed excited to work with us again. With our first fresh transfer he explained to us the risks of transferring two embryos and was very helpful.
I have a blood condition that can lead to blood clots while pregnant, and he was very aware of this and made sure that I took extra precautions especially while I was on the extra hormones that are related to IVF.
The little that I worked with Heidi, she was always very helpful. She would respond to emails within a few hours, which was always helpful!
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
When I was a patient there, I was quite pleased with the clinic. They were very helpful when we had transfer our embryo's to our new clinic. It does take time to get into a specific doctor, but they try to fit you in as quickly as possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University of Utah.
All of my monitoring appointments were either in the morning before work or they were after I got off. They were very flexible to work with.
It was roughly around $15,000-$17,000 for our fresh IVF cycle and that included medicine.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing
With our first IVF, Dr. Moore was very sweet and honest about the procedure. He called me on the morning I was to go in for my embryo transfer and he told me that in order to get the best quality of embryo we would have to wait another day. The fact that he took the time to call me personally and not have his assistant call meant so much! We just went back into see him for our FET. He walked in and was excited to see us! He asked me how my previous pregnancy went and if I had any problems. He was very intent on listening to the questions that I had.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Go in with all questions that you want answered, he's very good about answering them!
Dr Moore, took the time to explain the steps of going through IVF. He was very concerned for my care and my health.
Describe your experience with University of Utah.
I have loved the University of Utah! They have state of the art equipment and are willing to help answer questions and put you at ease.
For the ICSI IVF it cost us about $10,000
2012 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Moore was always very genuine with his care. He let us know the facts and went into detail on medical treatments. I'm glad he was (and is) our infertility doctor since I know he cares about us. When I miscarried, he was devastated with me and helped me with our next IVF cycle, which worked!
2012 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Andrew Moore at University of Utah?
Dr. Moore is very patient and treats every patient like family. Undergoing IVF was a very difficult experience for us and he was so patent and honest at every appointment.
Go with questions! Also, be patient if he is running behind. It's the sign of a good doctor!
They are upbeat without being annoying. They hope for the best but know it doesn't always happen.