Medical SchoolU. of South Florida
FellowshipU. of Louisville
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Andrew Toledo to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RBA to a friend?
Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor.... the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options.... I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options. My husband and I had a male factor infertility and he showed us that he cared and felt bad that I had to go through the medication and shots. He really showed his fatherly side when he truly felt bad that the woman had to go through everything regarding our situation. Dr. Toledo explained things thoroughly but it was hard to keep track of the language during the infertility process. He always explained when we asked so we were glad he took the time to talk to us in detail every time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask your questions. You are paying a lot of money, you have the right to clarify all of the details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor. He treated my husband and I like a true patient. He did pronounce my name wrong though.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
First we went in for our IVF consult. We then had some factors checked out with the in house urologist. We then started the IVF Egg Retrieval Protocol. I took Lupron and Gonal F. I went in every few days for an ultra sound and some blood work. My estrogen level was out of this roof close to 6000. They found a fibroid or a Polyp so I had to do a frozen 5 day transfer as they said my uterine lining wasnt thick enough to hold the baby. I didnt have my egg retrieval until 14 days later. I also had a hysteroscopy done to remove the fibroid...which they discovered was only a polyp. That was good but also frustrating as I felt this could have been done closer to the time they discovered something was not right rather than closer to the transfer time. I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer. I made sure it was Dr. Toledo. This is the frustrating part about an infertility clinic since there are lots of doctors on staff and their schedules and on call schedules are already set while your schedule is so unpredictable as every women is different with the protocol. Prior to the egg retrieval I had to take a baby aspirin, pre-natal vitamin, vaginal progestrone twice a day and estradiol patches every three days. All the medication put me on a very regimented schedule for 4 months! He did say if we were to do this again he would change the protocol and take out lupron and use another drug.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista and Lindsey)
It was hard to get a grip of contacting the nurse team when I had a question at the beginning. Calling them is impossible. I learned soon after emailing my two primary nurses was the best way to get any of my questions answered. They were very quick to answer when I emailed them. They were always on top of it. Krista and Lindsey were my go to nurses during the process. I enjoyed working with them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Overall, I enjoyed coming into RBA. The front desk staff was always friendly and willing to help in any way they could. Strengths-Friendly, Good Communication, Great group of Doctors and Nurses Weaknesses-Paying for parking every time, Cost, Uncertainty
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Initially our cost was $10,000 where insurance paid 80% of it. Then, my insurance changed and nothing was covered. We then paid $4300 out of pocket for the Hysteroscopy. We paid $5000 out of pocket for the Frozen Transfer and $270 out of pocket for my HCG, Progestrone, Estradiol levels 10 days after the transfer. We also paid $6000 out of pocket for medication. We started with Aetna PPO then had Kaiser HMO. Kaiser didn't cover anything.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Toledo mentioned since I am little in stature and for the health of the mom to be and the baby it is safer to just have one embryo transfer. My husband and I agreed.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Toledo is warm and caring. He always comments on things in my life we’ve talked about in the past, I’m sure he doesn’t remember, he probably makes notes and then reviews his notes before our appointments BUT he takes the time to do that. He’s caring and compassionate. When my beta came back negative he called me himself and talked to me while I cried. He’s simply the best.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Like I said before, he’s warm and compassionate. He is friendly and funny. He takes the times to answer questions and doesn’t make me feel rushed. When the first plan didn’t work he made a new one. He’s open to things I suggest or ask about.
Write down your questions ahead of time. Write down his answers. Know that once treatment starts you won’t see him frequently but he does look at what’s happening and have his nurse call with the recommendations and changes.
We did a cycle with follistim and ganirelix. I don’t remember dosages but do know that my dose never changed from the starting dose bc I responded well. They retrieved 19 eggs but only 8 were mature. Six fertilized with ICSI and one of the immature eggs did fertilize in the dish overnight. On day 3 the embryos looked good and they pushed me back to a day 5 transfer. On day 5 all the embryos had stalled in the day 4 stage so we transferred 2. Unfortunately, we didn’t get pregnant and the remaining 5 embryos died in the lab the day after transfer.
Dr. Toledo’s main nurse, Krista, is amazing. She never seemed bothered by my calls or questions and she was kind and compassionate. He had another nurse or assistant, I don’t remember her name, who is also ok, but not quite as warm as Krista. But she wasn’t mean and she got the job done, just not with that warm fuzzy feeling. His NP is also great!
Describe your experience with RBA.
It’s a big clinic. Things run smoothly and I’ve never had issues with billing or scheduling but I know some people are turned off by that big box feel. It doesn’t bother me. The admin assistant at the front is amazing. So kind and warm. The lab and ultrasound techs are also kind and compassionate. I always leave feeling happy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
We had some insurance coverage so paid a deposit of about $3000 and about $2500 for meds. We also did two IUIs. We submitted one to insurance and maybe paid a couple hundred dollars out of pocket for that but I can’t remember exactly. The second one we paid for ourselves and it was probably about $2-3000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Toledo] seemed to be genuinely interested in our circumstances. He listened and ensured he addressed everything we mentioned. He tailored his plan to our level of urgency in conceiving with consideration for our concerns for complications....He suggested some initial investigative work including an HSG, SIS, a semen analysis for my husband, and extensive blood work for both of us including some genetic testing. He recommended 3 rounds of IUI with femara with progesterone supplementation after ovulation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He seemed like a well vetted doctor who was current on his knowledge. He was a good listener, efficient, and concerned with the the things we mentioned as concerns. It seems like he's really honed his craft. He and his wife used the clinic themselves which helped make him relatable.
Don't wait. Modern medicine is a beautiful thing. Dr. Toledo can help you conceive.
He seemed to be genuinely interested in our circumstances. He listened and ensured he addressed everything we mentioned. He tailored his plan to our level of urgency in conceiving with consideration for our concerns for complications.
He suggested some initial investigative work including an HSG, SIS, a semen analysis for my husband, and extensive blood work for both of us including some genetic testing. He recommended 3 rounds of IUI with femara with progesterone supplementation after ovulation. A baby aspirin per day through the first trimester. Continued metformin and thyroid hormone supplementation. Trigger shot if needed to stimulate egg release. If all that failed he would move to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Necy (sp?))
My one complaint is that the care coordinator never answered her phone. You always had to leave a message. There was one instance of a time sensitive test having to be scheduled the same day because I didn't get a call back the previous day. That was a bit stressful but ultimately because of my flexibility I didn't need to wait another cycle for the test.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were prompt with appointments, there was very little waiting. They had well appointed facilities. They had great communication, putting anything pertinent in writing. I liked that they offered patient education events and had a blog for patient education.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Not cheap and not covered by insurance mostly.
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
IUI, 1 IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has an incredible bedside manner. He really understands what his patients are experiencing emotionally and knows how difficult infertility can be. He made me feel like I was a partner in deciding what treatment options we would pursue. Because my condition turned out to be so unusual (unexplained thin uterine lining that does not respond to hormones/drug therapy and makes carrying a baby highly unlikely) I did a lot of research on my own. I would bring different possible treatments options to Dr. Toledo and we would discuss each one. He made it clear that he was willing to try anything so long as it wasn't dangerous. I also made it clear very early on that it was very important to me that he didn't "sugarcoat" my diagnosis. Dr. Toledo respected my request and always discussed matters with me as an equal - not as a superior. On top of all that, he is a very optimistic person and makes it very clear that he will not give up on you.
Keep a list of questions as they arise and bring them to your meetings with Dr. Toledo. He will answer all of them. Do your research ahead of meeting with him so you can work with him to develop a plan/protocol that is right for you - he is great at creating customized protocols based on your specific needs as a patient. And be your advocate. At one point early on in my treatment I felt like a protocol wasn't right for me and one of the nurses was discounting my concerns. When I spoke with Dr. Toledo he listened to me, understood that I knew my body better, and worked with me to deviate the treatment so it was better suited to my body.
Dr. Toledo is incredibly compassionate. He always makes time to speak with you, even if you don't have an appointment with him or are only in the office for monitoring. If he isn't available in person, he will call you. He remembers all the details about not just your medical treatment but also your personal life. I have no idea how he does it - he must have tons of patients but he treats you like you are the most important patient. I have an incredibly unusual and rare issue and my treatment has not gone as planned. But Dr. Toledo has been very honest an empathetic throughout the entire process.
I had an antagonist protocol for my IVF cycle. I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelix. The doses were very light and this was done because I have PCOS. Dr. Toledo listened to my concerns about the possibility of developing OHSS and monitored me closely to ensure this didn't occur. But I was also concerned about using a Lupron trigger (and not an HCG one) - I had read that eggs may not mature as much with a Lupron trigger. But a Lupron trigger is often used with PCOS patients to lessen the risk of OHSS. Dr. Toledo monitored me carefully and after 10 days of stimming allowed me to trigger with HCG. For my retrieval we had 24 eggs (15 were mature), 14 fertilized, 5 made it to day 5 blasts, and 3 tested normal in PGS. I did not have any complications during or after egg retrieval. Unfortunately I have been unable to transfer any embryos (yet) due to my thing lining. But Dr. Toledo has worked with me to try at least 4 different frozen embryo transfer (FET) protocols to try to develop my lining. None have worked so far but he continues to work with me and present new strategies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Dr. Toledo has two nurses. Both are organized and respond extremely quickly to your questions. Usually I receive a response within 10 minutes if I email and about an hour if I have to leave a voicemail. One of his nurses isn't as positive or energetic as I would like but that did not impair my experience (and since Dr. Toledo himself is so optimistic and positive this particular nurse seems to be a real contrast in personality). But my primary nurse, Krista, is phenomenal - very organized and incredibly empathetic. Also Dr. Toledo's assistant, Mellisa, is very friendly and recognizes the emotional toll that this process takes. I also found the ultrasound techs to be very nice and compassionate, especially when I was having a down day during treatment.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The staff is very friendly - much more so than any other place we visited. The receptionist staff is always smiling. The clinic is large but I never felt like a number. I felt like they respected my time and didn't make we wait at appointments. But when I needed to talk to someone they would take the time and never rush me. I had to call the billing department once or twice because there had been an error, which was annoying, but they took care of it as soon as I called.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
IVF cycle (freeze all with genetic testing) - approx. $14,000 FET unlimited transfers until live birth - $6500 My medications were about $4000 for IVF and FET but those were not through the clinic (purchased through specialty pharmacies). I also had a hysteroscopy performed by Dr. Toledo. It was approximately $2000 (not covered by insurance).
I have not made it to transfer yet. However, Dr. Toledo has strongly encouraged that if/when I do I transfer just one embryo, particularly because mine are PGS tested. I get the impression that I could push for two and he would consider it but he has not said that (and I only want to transfer one).
Sandy Springs
Dr. Toledo is wonderful. When you are in his office you are his only patient (though he probably has hundreds at any given time). He explains things throughly. The answers questions so that you can understand them. He's patient and compassionate and very easy to talk to...I feel like he genuinely wants us to succeed with every cycle. And he's never pushed me to do something that I wasn't ready to do. We started out very conservatively with my first few cycles and only moved to IVF after all other methods proved unsuccessful...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Toledo. I feel so well cared for and my husband also lijrs and trusts him which is really important in the field. I feel like he genuinely wants us to succeed with every cycle. And he's never pushed me to do something that I wasn't ready to do. We started out very conservatively with my first few cycles and only moved to IVF after all other methods proved unsuccessful.
Plan ahead! He can be hard to get in to see. Usually he has a pretty long wait to get an appointment, so plan to schedule your appointment a few months before you actually want to be seen. Make notes or talking points ahead of time and try to think of questions ahead of time to get the most out of your time with him!
First few cycles were tuned intercourse with femara. Then we moved on to follistim and femara for 1 cycle with timed intercourse. The next month we planned femara + follistim again but we were going to do and IUI. I ended up over responding to the meds that cycle so I was converted to IVF and had a fresh transfer. After a negative pregnancy test that month, we are planning a real IVF cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Krista is amazing she is so through and responsive. She gets everything done as quickly as possible and is always will to help out and answer questions!
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA is a big clinic. Their staff is generally very friendly! I have had many, many positive interactions.
Sandy Springs
Be prepared to take advantage of his [Dr. Toledo] time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I just started the egg preservation process. My first appointment was great. Dr. Toledo really took the time to explain everything to me. I had signed up for an free education seminar on egg preservation they offer. The seminar includes free AMH testing. The staff said I couldn't do this and that I would have to pay for that lab test since I was already an established patient. They only offer this free screening for non practice patients to draw in business. I spoke to the practice manager, given that insurance pays for NONE of this and I'm paying >$13,000 for all this, you would think I could take advantage of some free screening. After going back and forth they allowed it but when I went in to the office they made me feel like I was a "problem" patient. I had a slew of other lab work done and was never called with results. I had my follow up with Dr. Toledo this week. When I sat down with him he was under the assumption I was aware of my results and the conversation was a little awkward. That being said he explained everything thoroughly and discussed all my options. I had asked for a copy of my blood work which they couldn't give me right away. Someone from medical records had to follow up with me. It's my own blood work, not sure why they couldn't just give that to me.
Be prepared to take advantage of his time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
Dr. Toldedo was very personable and sympathetic. He has great bedside manor.
$8000 deposit $ 3-5k foe hormones $labs $ office visit
2004 - 2011
He [Dr. Toledo] really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking...He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients...My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
2004 - 2011
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients. I went through 5 IUI cycles,a fresh in vitro ICSI transfer, frozen cycle and pregnancy. I now have 3 boys ages 13,11, and 7. Two natural pregnancies after the first which was successful after an in vitro frozen cycle. My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
He is amazing!!!
He really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking.
What worked me in the end was his absolute dedication to the specific lab results from checking my progesterone levels even while out of town. He discovered in the end that not all of my cells were absorbing the progesterone at the same rate and therefore my uterine lining was inconsistent. He came up with this while out of town on vacation!!!! He himself called to check my levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
She knew what the situation was most of the time and if not would check with doc and get back to me. Most of the time I spoke with the doc though which was awesome!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered lab work and ultrasounds and some visits to doc, not the procedures themselves. It was 13 years ago so IVF was about 10,000 per cycle.
Don't recall. I transferred 2 first cycle with no success and then 4 on a frozen cycle and had a singleton pregnancy with no complications.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Toledo is very kind and does not make you feel like a number. He was also open to trying new things and did not dismiss my ideas. I liked that I always saw him and felt like I had continuity of care. My only gripe would be that he would quote prices for treatment that were half of the actual cost...I have RPL with a second trimester loss, so I was prescribed lovenox for possible clotting disorders for which there are no tests, crinone, metformin for PCOS, thyroid medication for hypothyroidism, baby aspirin, folate for MTHFR, and prednisone. He performed two hysteroscopies in which he found a septum and polyps following use of estrogen after the removal of the septum. He thought the septum might have been the reason for our 2nd trimester loss. I also did two rounds with Femara IUIs that were unsuccessful. He then recommended IVF with PGS as I have not been able to get pregnant in the last 15 months despite treatment.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Make sure you call the billing office to confirm costs of all treatment.
They respond super to email. Phone calls were delayed.
Describe your experience with RBA.
For an IVF with PGS cycle, the cost is between $30,000.00 to $33,000.00. That seems really high in comparison to some other clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
For IUI it was around $550.00 for the actual insemination, but you needed at least two ultrasounds that were around $245.00 a piece. If you trigger, they require 2 back to back inseminations.
He recommends a single embryo transfer for my age and the first cycle.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
From the first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very personable and took the time to get to know me and my medical history. He welcomes any questions I have and is very thorough in his explanations. He is always warm and friendly every time he greets me - even if our meetings are short, they never feel rushed.... He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very straight to the point. He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well. He understood that I did not want this to happen but agreed he could remove it if he thought it was best. Fortunately, during surgery he only needed to remove my left tube. I am currently using fertility drugs to help me ovulate and he has been aggressive about how long he wants to try this route.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is run very well. Initially, it was difficult to get an appointment set up but after I met with Dr. Toledo the turn around time has been much better. I think communication is good- however, I would personally like reminder phone calls before appointments.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I have only met Dr. Toledo once for my initial consultation. He was friendly, open, and upfront. He wasn't in a rush and answered our questions throughly....He emphasized with us, called us by name and reassured us that we were listened to and our wishes would be followed if possible....We started so far with a baseline ultrasound, a HSG, and he placed me on birth control pills before we start the egg retrival process.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I have only met Dr. Toledo once for my initial consultation. He was friendly, open, and upfront. He wasn't in a rush and answered our questions throughly. There was a mix up regarding our lab values which gave me some hesitation, but I also understand the sheer volume of patients he sees, so I believe it was an unintentional error.
Don't hesitate to set up an appointment, it can be difficult to get in to see him initially due to how popular he is.
We have not started an actual IVF cycle. We started so far with a baseline ultrasound, a HSG, and he placed me on birth control pills before we start the egg retrival process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Aryelle)
Sometimes the nurses are very responsive and sometimes I felt like I had to be on top of things myself.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths - friendly staff, ease of check out and it feels like people really cared, people seemed happy to be working there Weaknesses - sometimes have to continuously follow up on keeping things moving, asking about the next steps
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
I have not paid for IVF services yet.
No experiences yet
2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
There was no methodical plan [with Dr. Toledo]...He did not perform necessary standard protocols for IVF. We were moved very quickly through the process and without much rationalization on the next steps...I would highly not recommend this doctor. We wasted time and a lot of money and he did not catch something that was highly influential to our success rate. It is beyond me why a very standard test was not performed by him so that he could identify a major problem. Instead, he did a transfer that failed and had no plan for next steps. He did not perform a very standard test that would of helped to increase our chances of pregnancy and a full term live birth by 100%. We are very disappointed with his lack of care.
2 IUI, 2 Egg Freezing, IVF
get a second opinion
There was no methodical plan. My second doctor could not make sense of his protocol.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Impersonal, not compassionate, rude, and not timely. There were 2 nurses I recall who were nice and friendly. The other nurses should not be employed at all. I don't recall their names but some had attitudes if you asked more that 2 questions.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
We have been through quite a journey and Dr. Toledo has been there with us through it. He has a good bedside manner and I feel like he's invested in our success and wants to help us make our dream a reality. When one protocol doesn't work he tries to figure out something else for the best results...Dr. Toledo's team is really great and they are on top of it. Anytime I contact Krista for anything she is responsive and gets me the answers I'm looking for.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. This is your journey, your time and your money. If you don't understand something don't be afraid to speak up.
I feel that Dr. Toledo is invested in our success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista )
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strenghts-Everythng is at the office (surgery center, labs, egg bank, etc). This plave really does have everything you need if you are on this journey which is one of the reasons I picked it. We don't have to go elsewhere for any testing or procedures everything is right there. Weaknesses-It is so busy all the time and now the Dr on call does your transfer and retrieval no matter who your primary Dr is.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
$14,500 (inclusig medications and ICSI)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Toledo has great bedside manner. He takes into consideration your beliefs and values and wants to determine the best course of treatment for you. He's very thorough and thoughtful. He's always willing to explain things more if necessary and makes you comfortable at all times...Krista is very blunt in her approach. She was also unaware of our beliefs and told me that our last embryos were discarded like trash when they didn't survive. If I had to do it again I'd request a different nurse, but she's Dr. Toledos nurse.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Trust his judgement. He's been doing this for 30 years. He knows what he's doing.
Dr. Toledo has great bedside manner and takes time to answer any questions or concerns about all procedures.
Daily double dosage of menopur, gonal f for 10 days for IVF. Femara for 5 days for IUIs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My husband handles the bills. I'm unaware of the cost.
2012 - 2014
I always felt like I was his [Dr. Toledo's] most important patient. When my first IVF cycle did not result in a pregnancy I felt like he was just as disappointed as my husband and I were. He was upbeat when we needed him to be and he was warm and calming when we needed him to be...caring & understanding. He always spent a lot of time with my husband and I.
2012 - 2014
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I always felt like I was his most important patient. When my first IVF cycle did not result in a pregnancy I felt like he was just as disappointed as my husband and I were. He was upbeat when we needed him to be and he was warm and calming when we needed him to be.
You probably won't get in to see him as quickly as you might like, but I promise he is worth waiting to see.
Dr. Toledo was so warm, patient, caring & understanding. He always spent a lot of time with my husband and I.
I do not remember.
All of the nurses were wonderful! I was sad to leave them once I was passed 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It's very nice, clean and everyone is friendly. When I did my IUIs with another doctor in the practice I didn't always get to see her which was a negative for me. Sometimes I found that checking out was slower and there were days when I was upset or stressed and just needed to leave there as quickly as possible. When I was first at the practice I don't believe there were any support groups available which would have been helpful. I do believe that may have changed since then. I think support groups for different issues would be a great thing for them to offer their patients. ...........................
I don't remember
We first did a single embryo transfer at Dr. Toledo's recommendation. It didn't result in a pregnancy. The next time we transferred two at his recommendation which resulted in one baby. For our second child he recommended two again but we chose do transfer just one as we were not in a hurry and did not want multiples and that resulted in one baby.
2010 - 2013
Dr. Toledo humanized the process immediately, forging a connection with us over a common football team. He made us feel like we were his only patients, even though he surely had dozens at the time.
2010 - 2013
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The infertility journey is an intense one, and walking into a clinic like RBA can feel overwhelming. Dr. Toledo humanize the process immediately, forging a connection with us over a common football team. He made us feel like we were his only patients, even though he surely had dozens at the time.
My advice is to be your own advocate no matter who your doctor might be. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for clarification when things sound complicated or confusing.
Dr. Toledo is an amazing doctor and a caring, compassionate person. My husband and I connected with him instantly, and he made a difficult process so much easier with his fierce optimism and attention to detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Dr. Toledo's staff is simply incredible. They were warm, caring, welcoming, and more than happy to answer my zillion questions!
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I do not feel like we often had experiences with Dr. Toledo. We saw him for an original consultation - but he did not perform any of the three IUI treatments. We met with him after the failed IUI cycles and that was our second and last time meeting with him.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Find a doctor who will be there for you and to address your concerns.
The care team at RBA did was inconsistent. I saw different staff members at each visit. It was a quick in and out and no one seemed to have time to spend with you. I do not think anyone there knew my name. The whole place seemed so cold and sterile.
The nurses were not willing to email with me when there were test results or for general questions. They said it was too hard to try and get to a computer and that they would just call at their convenience and I could talk to them then. The problem is that I am teacher and that does not work for me. No one was concerned about what worked for me.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Andrew Toledo] took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
Be patient. He is very good at what he does and he has a very large patient list. Sometimes your appointment is delayed quite a bit but it's because he is making sure each patient understands what is happening.
He was very compassionate and talked to me like a person and not a "patient"
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is set up oddly with pods, but overall has an effective flow
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
It wasn't cheap, that's for sure. But it was worth it now that I have my child.
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We were very happy with Dr. Toledo. He was caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate. He was thorough in our treatments and explained everything to us each step of the way. In instances when things didn't go how we had hoped, he always gave us the courtesy to call us and explain/give feedback/or just listen to our fears/disappointment...Be patient with the process. Ask for lots of testing up front - especially the MTHFR test which is such a common genetic "disorder" but can be easily "cured"
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The practice was very professional and Dr. Toledo was excellent. Most of the nurses were great to work with but some were just ok with communication.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
There are Dr. Toledo groups that meet and talk about how wonderful he is (seriously) his bedside manner is excellent, his staff is attentive, the follow up is fast. The lab is in the office- results same day most of the time. He never makes you feel paranoid, silly, or hormonal with your thoughts or questions (or need to have an ultrasound because you don't "feel" right) I have recommended many friends to Dr. Toledo. He's "the baby maker" and I'm forever grateful to him. I had history of miscarriages and he followed me through my successful pregnancy.
Trust your doctor
They always remembered who we were by name. Never felt like a number