5.8

1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342

2016, Unknown Success
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Be prepared to take advantage of his [Dr. Toledo] time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
Be prepared to take advantage of his [Dr. Toledo] time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process [at RBA]. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I just started the egg preservation process. My first appointment was great. Dr. Toledo really took the time to explain everything to me. I had signed up for an free education seminar on egg preservation they offer. The seminar includes free AMH testing. The staff said I couldn't do this and that I would have to pay for that lab test since I was already an established patient. They only offer this free screening for non practice patients to draw in business. I spoke to the practice manager, given that insurance pays for NONE of this and I'm paying >$13,000 for all this, you would think I could take advantage of some free screening. After going back and forth they allowed it but when I went in to the office they made me feel like I was a "problem" patient. I had a slew of other lab work done and was never called with results. I had my follow up with Dr. Toledo this week. When I sat down with him he was under the assumption I was aware of my results and the conversation was a little awkward. That being said he explained everything thoroughly and discussed all my options. I had asked for a copy of my blood work which they couldn't give me right away. Someone from medical records had to follow up with me. It's my own blood work, not sure why they couldn't just give that to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Be prepared to take advantage of his time and knowledge. I had really done my research and had a list of questions. Take notes of what he tells you and just keep track of all documents. I think he's great but I'm feeling a little apprehensive about the business and financial side of this process. That being said I'm still in the middle of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toldedo was very personable and sympathetic. He has great bedside manor.
$8000 deposit $ 3-5k foe hormones $labs $ office visit

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Toledo is great at listening to your concerns. If you don’t feel like something is right, he will immediately address it and change protocol if needed. He throughly answers questions and will address any concerns you have honestly...Our first IUI, we did low dose Letrozol and it did not work. Our second, we upped our Letrozol, got better follicles but never surged so we tried again. The third we did 7.5 and had great follicles but still no positive test. Currently starting IVF meds...
[nurses at RBA] Lack communication. I’ve had ultrasounds and never received an after call with no explanation as to why. When I started IFV, I had no where to start, requested multiple calls and no one would even answer questions until my full payment was made. Very frustrating that I had no clear direction...Front desk staff is amazing and as helpful as they can be. All of the ultrasound techs have been amazing and the doctors I’ve done procedures with have been very nice, helpful and happy to answer any questions...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
If you don’t feel something is right, address it. He is more than willing to talk to you and make protocol adjustments.
Dr. Toledo is great, the nursing staff does lack communication and is not very sympathetic when you’re not understanding something or questioning your next steps etc
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Iui about $1200 each, currently at $15500 for IVF not including meds
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
During one of my IUI cycles, the wrong amount of Letrozol was called into my pharmacy

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Toledo] is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs...My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone...He only likes to implant 1 at a time..
I felt like a number [at RBA] in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family...They need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He is warm and friendly. Always includes my husband in the conversation and gives big hugs. We have had a hard journey together, we don’t know why it’s not working but we are all trying to figure it out together.
Get a good relationship with the nurses.
I felt like a number in some ways because I never actually talk to the doctor unless it’s for bad news, or my post IVF failure. But the nurses have always been great, and once I did talk to the doctor he treated us like family.
My egg retrieval was rough. It was the max dose you could give someone to maximize their egg retrieval outcome. I had a lower AMH and that’s why he chose this. We did frozen transfers every time using lupron, estrogen, progesterone. As the transfers were failing we kept adding more medication such a prednisone and lovenox. We tried doing a uterine biopsy to test when my implantation window was. All of these procedures and still no pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennilyn )
I usually spoke to two nurses. Jennilyn and Lindsey. Lindsey was direct and to the point, Jennilyn was so sweet and compassionate all the time. She felt like a friend. Both good qualities for nursing. The made the perfect pair!
Describe your experience with RBA.
The need free parking. After all the money you spend on IVF, it’s the least they could do! Other than that, I feel like it it a great place. It’s definitely not small a quaint. So you will feel part of masses, but it’s a great place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Out of pocket expenses have been about 16,000.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He only likes to implant 1 at a time

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Toledo is extremely personable and wants to help. He gets to know you and your partner. ... Dr. Toledo is an excellent doctor and very knowledgeable about the most current research and treatments. As someone who came to him with extensive research he was able to have a knowledgeable conversation and also communicate when he thought it was best I seek an alternate opinion with all the issues I had going on. I deeply respect him and appreciate his honesty.
Very expensive but Dr. is very knowlwdgable and experienced. ... Sometimes challenges with nurses [RBA Sandy Springs] but overall good. ... No matter what doctor you see, be your own advocate and ask lots of questions ...[nursing staff] Lack of consistency and attention to detail ... Great reputation and success rate ... Due to endo I used Lupron Depot to suppress my cycle before a FET.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Ask lots of questions and be an informed patient, he respects that in his patients. Follow your gut and if something doesn’t seem right to you then voice your opinion.
Due to endo I used Lupron Depot to suppress my cycle before a FET. Then after a chemical pregnancy got an ERA in addition to changing my protocol. Following a miscarriage and using an immune protocol discussed other options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Lack of consistency and attention to detail
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very expensive but Dr. is very knowlwdgable and experienced. Sometimes challenges with nurses but overall good. Great reputation and success rate. No matter what doctor you see, be your own advocate and ask lots of questions