6.5

Redondo Beach
510 N. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I was told after having one chemical pregnancy that I would not be allowed to do another frozen embryo transfer because "we don't want our success rate to go down if it shouldn't take again." After we were promised at least three attempts, we only got one. ... They [Repro Partners Med Group] jerked my husband and me around for four years - never providing any explanation as to why we couldn't get pregnant.
The waiting times were extreme - not being seen for 2-3 hours after appointment time. They billed us for procedures they did not do to us, refused to provide signed proof we authorized any bills. ...There were multiple times I had to sit on the floor outside the waiting room. The nursing staff were very nice and answered all my questions - but their answers differed and not one of them gave the same answer to anything.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Don't go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Nobody appears to be on the same page. Different info from every source.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Nobody looks at charts. Nobody communicates accurately to patients. We were told four different things about a blood test, only one of which was true.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Do not go here. They will not help you. They jerked my husband and me around for four years - never providing any explanation as to why we couldn't get pregnant. They billed us for procedures they did not do to us, refused to provide signed proof we authorized any bills. STAY AWAY.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Nothing was covered my insurance, which I told them, but they insisted on running it through insurance anyway. This made for several surprise bills from the clinic for services they said were paid, but actually were not.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The waiting times were extreme - not being seen for 2-3 hours after appointment time. Waiting room does have a few amenities, like tea and nespresso machine, but it was also small and always crowded. There were multiple times I had to sit on the floor outside the waiting room. The nursing staff were very nice and answered all my questions - but their answers differed and not one of them gave the same answer to anything. Telling me different information about what results I should expect from tests, nobody was on the same page about anything.
Los Angeles

I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did...He is a genial person but he seems to forget who I was or what kind of treatment I was going through because I only saw him 4 or 5 times in 6 months. He was never rude to me but whenever I told him how the nurses messed up something, he just showed empathy but did nothing...3 cycle of clomids and 2 cycles of letrozol. Every cycle, I had 3 ultrasound except for the last one (last one they found out I already ovulated so there was no 3rd ultrasound that cycle). I call them when I get my period and they tell me to come in on day 5 (sometimes day 3 or 4) for ultrasound. They put me on climid/letrozol from day 5 to day 10. Another ultrasound on day 11 or 12, another one on day 16 or 17.
They [nurses at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] don't communicate enough to convey important information...I wasn't very stressed that I wasn't getting pregnant but dealing with these nurses was the most stressful thing out of everything...You can never expect improvements from them because you see different nurses every visit (even after I told them I only wanted to see one specific nurse)...Every time I went to the clinic, I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did. They seemed to be treating me as if I was just one of those young infertile women who should just be patient. One of the doctors miscalculated my ovulation date and we totally missed our window one cycle. I flipped out because basically we wasted this cycle due to their misjudgment. They didn't even apologize and one of the doctors I saw that day (Not Dr. Huang) got m
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Please at least memorize which treatment I was going through and advise nurses not to be rude and mess up doses of my medication and genetics tests. Most importantly, please tell them to communicate more. Their lack of communication made me not want to go to the clinic again. I cannot trust them.
Dr. Huang seemed nice but he probably deals with so many patients that he did not seem to care about me. He told me I was one of the youngest patients at the clinic and I had unexplained infertility. He just put me on clomid for 3 cycles and then on letrozol for 2 cycles. Every time I went to the clinic, I rarely saw Dr. Huang even after I told the clinic I only wanted to see Dr. Huang because all the other doctors there did not really pay attention to which medication I was on or how many cycles I did. They seemed to be treating me as if I was just one of those young infertile women who should just be patient. One of the doctors miscalculated my ovulation date and we totally missed our window one cycle. I flipped out because basically we wasted this cycle due to their misjudgment. They didn't even apologize and one of the doctors I saw that day (Not Dr. Huang) got mad at me for flipping out.
Describe the protocols Andy Huang used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
Most of them are so rude but there are a few that are nice. They messed up so many things during the 6 months I went there. They are so incompetent that they don't take notes of what I had already said so there is no improvement after I complained about them. They don't communicate enough to convey important information. My husband and I had to retake the genetic screening tests because the nurses ordered different panels for me and my husband. After I found that out, I called them to make an appointment for ultrasound and another genetic test but when I went in, the nurse I saw that day wasn't aware of my situation and she insisted that there was only one type of test even though I already talked to the manager nurse and she agreed that we could retake the tests for free of charge since it was their mistake.There are many other things the nurses messed up but I won't write it here because it will be too long. I already changed the clinics after going there for 6 months. It felt like a huge waste of time and money. I wasn't very stressed that I wasn't getting pregnant but dealing with these nurses was the most stressful thing out of everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The nurses don't communicate well. You can never expect improvements from them because you see different nurses every visit (even after I told them I only wanted to see one specific nurse). Some nurses and doctors act like they care about you but I don't really trust them. One of the receptionist is not useful either. My pharmacy needed to verify the dose of my medication so they called the clinic but the pharmacist called me to call them to expedite the process since it was Saturday and they needed the verification before the clinic closed. I called once and the receptionist goes, "the nurse will call them shortly." One hour later, still nothing. I thought the pharmacy forgot to call me so I called them but the pharmacist said still nothing so I called the clinic again and the receptionist said the same thing. It was getting close to noon so I called the clinic again for the third time and I asked the receptionist if I could talk to the nurse and she finally put me through but the nurse didn't know about it and she asked me where my pharmacy was. (I gave my pharmacy info a waaaaay long ago when I first started going to the clinic. They are super disorganized.) Not only the nurses but also the receptionists and the nurses don't communicate well. They gave me so much stress. I would never go back there again.
Spent about $500 in 6 months. (All the tests, 3 cycles of clomid and 2 cycles of letrozol)
Describe Andy Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I never went into IVF
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
They ordered different genetic tests for me and my husband and we ended up retaking the tests. The nurses did not aware of the mistake even though I called them in advance and let them know. I don't know if it's the receptionist fault but there was so much miscommunication. The nurse told me I needed to have an appointment for that but I already told the receptionist so I was so mad at the fact that the nurse treated me like a crazy patient who demanded it on the spot. Also, one of the nurses almost order the wrong does (double the dose of what I needed). You can just sit there and trust them. You have to be vigilant.
Redondo Beach

Dr Huang is kind and caring but relays information to you as if you are a statistic which feels very impersonal....[Protocol] Traditional stimulation using Menopur, Follstim and triggers...From being seen an hour to 2 hours late to feeling rushed in the room when you do finally get inside - it’s not what you expect from a top rated doctor. When you first meet with Dr Huang he takes you through numbers related to ivf and success- he does this with every patient and while this is helpful to know- it feel very impersonal. Everyone is different and you don’t feel unique at this clinic. Dr Huang will immediately give you access to his cell phone and ask to communicate with text or calls if there are any questions but it takes days sometimes to get a response.
I was assigned a nurse [at Reproductive Partners Medical Group] but I never saw her or communicated with her. Every time I went in it was a different nurse who wasn’t familiar with my case. There was an incident the very first time during an IUI where some of my paperwork wasn’t completed and they actually toile through to day of procedure without checking aid resulted in a cancelling the IUI. This was extremely careless and brings me back to the original point of everything being a bit crazy at this clinic
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Andy Huang is extremely kind, compassionate and caring but he takes on so many patients that you get lost in the mix. From being seen an hour to 2 hours late to feeling rushed in the room when you do finally get inside - it’s not what you expect from a top rated doctor. When you first meet with Dr Huang he takes you through numbers related to ivf and success- he does this with every patient and while this is helpful to know- it feel very impersonal. Everyone is different and you don’t feel unique at this clinic. Dr Huang will immediately give you access to his cell phone and ask to communicate with text or calls if there are any questions but it takes days sometimes to get a response.
I would only commit if you don’t work- and have plenty of time. The process for monitoring is long and tedious and it’s a bit of a zoo.
The clinic is extremely busy and regardless of having an appointment you still need to wait atleast an hour before being seen. Dr Huang is kind and caring but relays information to you as if you are a statistic which feels very impersonal.
Traditional stimulation using Menopur, Follstim and triggers
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: I was but I never saw her! )
I was assigned a nurse but I never saw her or communicated with her. Every time I went in it was a different nurse who wasn’t familiar with my case. There was an incident the very first time during an IUI where some of my paperwork wasn’t completed and they actually toile through to day of procedure without checking aid resulted in a cancelling the IUI. This was extremely careless and brings me back to the original point of everything being a bit crazy at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Strengths - centrally located - kind staff - compassionate Weaknesses - overbooked and too many patients - lack of attention to detail - made to feel like a statistic - impersonal - major errors made with paperwork and authorization forms - rotating doctors - if you want to see dr Huang exclusively you may have to travel to Redondo beach to his second practice - made to feel rushed
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
As mentioned before- it’s atleast a one to two hour wait. I was working and very busy at the time and was always made to run late. They have zero consideration for your time
16-20k
Los Angeles

Dr Huang has really great bedside manner and explains things very patiently and thoroughly. This was the one and only time I saw him. For subsequent visits and for my IUIs (back to back), I saw two different doctors at the practice...When the IUIs failed, I received a call from Dr. Huang way later urging me to consider moving onto IVF. But, during that call, it seemed like he was distracted & didn't review my chart (since he asked me a question that I thought should be obvious had he looked at my chart - if the IUI round they had done was the first).
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room [at Repro Partners - Bev Hills] leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine...Like the doctors at RP, the nurses are always rotating. You get whoever is available so I saw new faces all the time. I always had to reach out multiple times to get information that I needed.
How was your experience with Andy Huang at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Huang is the doctor that I wanted to see. However, he has a busy schedule and is at different offices. I only saw him during my consult and met different doctors for the first time when they popped into the room to do my IUIs. When the IUIs failed, I received a call from Dr. Huang way later urging me to consider moving onto IVF. But, during that call, it seemed like he was distracted & didn't review my chart (since he asked me a question that I thought should be obvious had he looked at my chart - if the IUI round they had done was the first).
Dr Huang is great and very reassuring if you can get time with him.
Clomid 50mg prior to IUI
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The location isn't great. You have to anxiously search for free 2 hr street parking (which is sparse) or pay for underground parking (which is expensive). The waiting room leaves a lot to be desired. They blast music for privacy reasons but it can be painful when you have a hormone-induced migraine.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Since we are MFI with low sperm and morphology, Dr Rosen (who did my last IUI of the two in two days) ordered a blood test for my husband to check for testosterone. Then when I asked about the results, they told me they just order the test but don't offer interpretations of it. So, why even order it? It was strange. I felt like the test was unnecessarily ordered. They should've told us to see a specialist. They also lost my husband's infectious disease results and had to delay my IUI for an hour (sperm don't last long outside of the body) while they searched for the results.