Medical SchoolU. of Cincinnati
Bellevue
3055 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Angela Thyer to a friend?
Neutral: 36%Don't recommend: 64%3.2
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
I felt that Dr. Thayer over-promised what I should expect. I was told that I would be pregnant by the "end of the year" during my January appointment. That did not happen and quite frankly I don't know how she could be so sure of this before I'd undergone the full array of testing. I believe I only actually met with her twice, but I recall leaving in tears every time...The first treatment strategy prescribed was a high dose of Femara and timed intercourse. After 4 rounds this did not result in a pregnancy. The side effects were so bad that I asked to have my dosage lowered, but was denied and only given the option of another drug.
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You should have thick skin which is sometimes very hard when dealing with such an emotional issue like infertility. Also do not expect to see her at every visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During my visits with Dr. Thayer I found her to be rather cold. She was the first to diagnose me with PCOS and I was quite emotional after finding out that I had it. She didn't seem very warm with her delivery.
Describe the protocols Angela Thyer used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
During my time at SRM the nurses confused my treatment plan on more than one occasion. I had to ask them to contact the doctor to confirm my plan.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I would say one strength would be their ability to schedule your first appointment very quickly. A major weakness is the wait time to see the doctor once there. Several times I had appointments during my lunch hour and would end up sitting in the waiting room sometimes up to 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment. I felt like in general the doctors and staff were not always on the same page and I would sometimes get confused with another patient's treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It has been two years since I was a patient at SRM so I do not remember the exact cost. Also during the time I was a patient my insurance covered infertility expenses.
Describe Angela Thyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
2011 - 2014
2011 - 2014
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Angela Thyer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Working with Dr. Thayer and her nurses was an awful experience. She did not remember who I was the few times she saw me. She had us waste vials of sperm on IUI while I was still nursing my first child, and I felt sabotaged as an IUI patient so that I would opt for IVF. She forgot to make notes in my chart about what we talked about. She did not care if I got pregnant. She also dismissed our concerns about male factor infertility, saying we were lucky that we didn't have it as bad as some couples. Just not the way to handle it.
You are in charge of your own care. Do not expect compassion from her. Know that she is in the business of maximizing profit from convincing patients to do IVF and she gets a bonus on her IVF conversion rate.
Rarely had face time with doctor. Nurses confused my case with others, couldn't keep the patients straight, and miscalculated treatments. Doctor did not make notes in my chart so the weekend doctor could prescribe medications on time. I felt actively sabotaged in my IUI cycle, though I have no proof. I believe that as an IUI patient, I was treated as a throwaway low value patient and was not listened to. My complaints and he humiliation was endless. I switched doctors and clinics and am now treated like a human. Dr. Thayer's case load was too high for her to handle. We would sit down with her and she didn't even remember our names and she would read our chart on who we were after we entered her office. She also encouraged me to waste sperm (limited amount, husband is cancer survivor) when I was actively nursing my first child. She said that nursing a baby did not affect fertility in any way. My new doctor at a different clinic was shocked that I was encouraged to do IUIs while actively nursing my toddler.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I worked with several nurses, as turnover was high. Nurses made real mistakes on IUI timing, got confused over the difference between and opk and a pregnancy test, and we're unable to do the IUI procedure smoothly and got flustered and cried. I have email proof of nurses confusing me with other patients. They seemed overworked and miserable.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk receptionist is the only thing good about this awful clinic. Patients should know that staff has zero respect for temperature charting. My nurse insisted that I come in for an IUI a day later than I knew I should. I insisted on doing it my way, and had a healthy baby. Whenever I trusted the clinic on timing, it failed. Also, once I told a Nurse, "is it too late to do IUI? I think I already ovulated." She said, "you wouldn't know If you did." Never mind that there is a German word for the feeling of ovulation and that I was temperature charting and knew my body very well! They just do not listen at this clinic and they treat you like a number. I switched clinics and I know that it is much better in other places.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She [Dr. Angela Thyer] is confident in her abilities and absolutely knows the latest in fertility treatments (at least for my issue of rpl). She can be straightforward that some might think of as uncompassionate but I appreciate the clear communication in an area that can be so murky. She is responsive to my stress levels and emotions and I absolutely feel taken care of when she is doing a procedure on me.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She is confident in her abilities and absolutely knows the latest in fertility treatments (at least for my issue of rpl). She can be straightforward that some might think of as uncompassionate but I appreciate the clear communication in an area that can be so murky. She is responsive to my stress levels and emotions and I absolutely feel taken care of when she is doing a procedure on me.
I have a history or scarring and she has been truly compassionate bout treating the scarring. She always remembers our case details and understands if I have questions that are emotional.
I've had to hysterscopies to remove scarring after a miscarriage---one of which was a fairly experimental approach (my body was not naturally passing the miscarriage so this was done instead of a d&c). She absolutely had my best interests at heart. We are now doing timed cycles with letrozole and gonal f.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The primary nurse is probably overworked as she often forgets details of my case. However I find her very responsive and she always makes sure to answer my questions to my satisfaction