5.6

901 N Stuart Street Suite 610
Arlington, VA 22201
703.574.3772

2017 - 2019, Successful
The times when she [Dr. Nair] has called to give me the bad news herself have always meant a lot to me. She really does seem to care, which is nice. ... That would be my only complaint - that she talks and moves so fast through the material. That being said, you don't feel rushed. ... 3 unsuccessful IUIs. Then 1 IVF using antagonist protocol. Then microdose Lupron protocol with PGS for the 2nd.
They [Shady Grove] have appointments very early in the morning so I have managed to have 6 fertility treatments without having to reveal to my work what is going on, because I can get in and out of there without being late every day. ... There are 3 different people I've dealt with regarding payment and insurance on the exact same issue and no one seems to be communicating with one another, or really trying all that hard to fix any problems.
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
She is extremely intelligent and a wealth full of information. She does explain things in a way that makes sense, however she covers a lot of material very quickly. I'm always so glad that my husband is present when we meet in person, because we do always leave having to "compare notes" in a sense that we need to combine what each of us understood. That would be my only complaint - that she talks and moves so fast through the material. That being said, you don't feel rushed. You can ask as many questions as you want. It's just a matter of can you keep up to ask the right questions. I always take lots and lots of notes when we meet. The times when she has called to give me the bad news herself have always meant a lot to me. She really does seem to care, which is nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Take notes. Ask lots of questions. Don't be afraid to slow her down and ask for clarification/repetition if you need it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
Somewhere in between - the sheer numbers of patients going in and out of that clinic definitely made me feel like a number. However, Dr. Nair always made an effort to know me and my story.
Describe the protocols Anitha Nair used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
3 unsuccessful IUIs. Then 1 IVF using antagonist protocol. Then microdose Lupron protocol with PGS for the 2nd. Then microdose Lupron without PGS - could only do a fresh transfer for the 3rd. Getting ready to start a Lupron stop protocol.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
1. Always schedule the earliest appointment you can. They are efficient for sure, but if you have to get to work by a certain time, it can be very stressful on the days when they are not running on time. 2. Know your health insurance and DOUBLE CHECK everything that you are quoted from the financial counselors. And monitor your bills very closely. If I didn't understand what I do about health insurance, I think we would be out of a lot of money. There are 3 different people I've dealt with regarding payment and insurance on the exact same issue and no one seems to be communicating with one another, or really trying all that hard to fix any problems. I still have a credit on my account after I paid for a service that they assured me I owed - turns out I was right. But they won't let you start your treatment until you are financially "cleared" and you have paid in full. Just watch all of that very, very closely. And don't be afraid to second guess when someone else is asking for money - like the desk when you check out - the communication between parties is terrible there. I've paid I don't know how many co-pays that we unnecessary until I smartened-up and realized I could just speak up.
They have appointments very early in the morning so I have managed to have 6 fertility treatments without having to reveal to my work what is going on, because I can get in and out of there without being late every day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility.
$1500 out of pocket max per year through my insurance plan. Plus cost of meds which was usually less than $500 per IVF treatment with my insurance.
Describe Anitha Nair's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Haven't encountered this situation yet.
Anitha Nair
2013 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Nair] is sweet and honest. She was pregnant/on leave when I had issues with fibroids and so it was very hard... Anyway once dr Nair was back from leave - she handled it well with me and we went on to have a good relationship...When I dealt with her , [I was treated like] a human....Make sure all your tests are up to date. Advocate for yourself, same as with any doctor....You really have to keep track of your own care, or no one else will.....
[Shady Grove - DC K St] Strength- the LAB weakness- it can feel like a factory at times or a Big Business. You really have to keep track of your own care, or no one else will....[nurses] kept switching - but timely results...I had to deal with other docs and they did not seem to be on th same page. I had just spent thousands on IVF and THEN they discovered a Fibroid and said "nothing would implant with that in there." After 3 failed cycles.....apparently no one realized my uterine tests were not up to date.
How was your experience with Anitha Nair at Shady Grove Fertility?
She is sweet and honest. She was pregnant/on leave when I had issues with fibroids and so it was very hard: I had to deal with other docs and they did not seem to be on th same page. I had just spent thousands on IVF and THEN they discovered a Fibroid and said "nothing would implant with that in there." After 3 failed cycles.....apparently no one realized my uterine tests were not up to date. Anyway once dr Nair was back from leave - she handled it well with me and we went on to have a good relationship.
When I dealt with her , a human. The clinic, a number
Hi dose protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
They kept switching - but timely results .
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
More than 60k
Excellent advice
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
See previous statement