Medical SchoolU. of Albany
Bedford, TX 76022
Fort Worth
1250 8th Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Anna Chan Nackley to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CARE Fertility to a friend?
I liked Dr. Nackley. I think she did a good job explaining things and talked to me in terms I could understand. She also speaks in a very calm and comforting manner.....But I only saw Dr. Nackley on days with an “important” appointment. Last appointment before retrieval, (didn’t see her on retrieval day), and transfer day. I would have loved more interaction with my doctor.... My Fallopian tubes were completely blocked. Due to them being swollen and infected (a result of a ruptured appendix) Dr. Nackley suggested we remove them. That all went great. Dr. Nackley did the surgery and we were pleased
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I liked Dr. Nackley. I think she did a good job explaining things and talked to me in terms I could understand. She also speaks in a very calm and comforting manner. But... I saw the actual doctor few times. Only when something went wrong or the last appointment before the retrieval (did not see her on retrieval day) and then on transfer day. When you’re going to the doctor multiple times a week, I was assuming I’d develop a close relationship with my doctor, but I didn’t get that at all.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment. Or even every other.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I can’t say anything bad about Dr. Nackley or the Clinic. The nurses/nurse practitioners were fantastic. But I only saw Dr. Nackley on days with an “important” appointment. Last appointment before retrieval, (didn’t see her on retrieval day), and transfer day. I would have loved more interaction with my doctor. Not just the nurses.
Describe the protocols Anna Chan Nackley used in your cycles at CARE Fertility and their degree of success.
My Fallopian tubes were completely blocked. Due to them being swollen and infected (a result of a ruptured appendix) Dr. Nackley suggested we remove them. That all went great. Dr. Nackley did the surgery and we were pleased. IVF was our only option. We began that process last year. Apparently my eggs are slow growers so my retrieval was pushed back a week and my stimulation medications were upped to maximum dosage. We retrieved 16 eggs, but half of them were not mature. Of the 8 that fertilized, half were very fragmented. We only got 3 embryos from 16 eggs. We did a 5 day fresh transfer with 1 embryo (this particular clinic prefers to do single embryo transfers). The embryo did not take. We waited for a bit to jump into our next transfer. Dr. Nackley decided to let us transfer both of our remaining embryos since one was poorer quality. We went through shots and multiple appointments again and found out on the morning of our second embryo transfer that neither of our remaining embryos survived the thawing process even though we were given an 85-90% chance of a successful thaw. We were (still are) absolutely devastated that we have zero embryos left. And were told that there is no rhyme or reason as to why our two embryos failed to thaw properly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicki Ingram (I think))
The nursing staff was fantastic. I saw them at 90% of my appointments and most of them were friendly and personable. Personally, as someone who has struggled with medical related anxiety for a long time, the friendly, outgoing nurses made all the difference in the world.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
For the most part, the clinic was great. They have an office in Bedford and in Fort Worth, Texas. It would have been nice to know in the beginning that the majority of our appointments would be at the Bedford location (which is about 45 minuets from our house). This is not a complaint, just would have been nice to know. Overall, the clinic was great. Clean, run nicely, fairly easy to communicate with, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility.
I don’t remember everything we paid before we got to the IVF process. I know it was several hundred dollars. We pain $12,800 upfront for IVF. We had to pay $250 (approximately) for both my husband and I to do genetic testing bloodwork prior to the egg retrieval (this was self pay, we denied insurance coverage because the cost would have been $800+). Then we paid around $5,000 for the stimulation meds for our first round. Our costs for the frozen embryo transfer was $2,600 up front. And about $1,300 for medications.
Describe Anna Chan Nackley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CARE Fertility.
Our doctor/clinic only does single embryo transfers unless there are special circumstances. I will always wonder if we would have transferred two on our first transfer if 1 would have stuck. But we weren’t given the option.
Bedford
Dr. Nackley has a great bedside manner, she's patient and is willing to answer any question that may come up. She is also ready to be as aggressive as you want to be in your treatment, understanding that it's your time and money at stake...Understand that she does everything in her power to help you with a positive outcome, and that it may not happen on the first time. Just be cautiously optimistic!...
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Going through infertility is very difficult and very lonely. The staff at CARE is very understanding of this and do their best to walk you through the process.
We were dealing with male factor infertility, so we started out with an IUI cycle with Clomid. After two IUIs and no positive result, we moved onto IVF with ICSI. I was on Menopur, GonalF, and Follistim I believe. We retrieved 11 eggs of which about 7 fertilized. 4 made it to day 5 and we transferred 2, which resulted in our beautiful baby girl! We are now on our second FET cycle. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
The IVF nurses are awesome! Very compassionate and understanding. After my chemical pregnancy, the entire staff was very compassionate.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths - great doctors and nurses. Most of the nurses have been there for years and know the ins and outs of fertility treatment, so they make you very comfortable in the process. Weakness - Front Desk, the ladies here sometimes aren't the nicest.
Each IUI was about $1,000 (not including medication). The IVF/ICSI was about $9,000 and medicine was almost $5,000 (most insurance companies do not cover Fertility Treatments). The FET was about $2,500 and medicine was about $200.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Nackley has a warm bed side manner while not sugar coating what she feels is best for your family while getting the baby you want asap. She met with my husband and I at a time in our journey when we didn't want to hear we needed to jump to IVF but that is what she recommended. Nevertheless, she took our case and went as slow or fast as we were comfortable with...Given low AMH we started off with a few weeks of testosterone before starting IV meds.
Latino, Native American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Be open to her recommendations. Talk it through with your partner and know that her recommendation is to get you to your end goal as soon as possible, even if it wasn't the path you thought you needed to take.
The nurses were what made the difference as you see them more than the doctor during a given cycle. CARE nurses are fantastic to women being treated at their office. At times, though, my husband, felt like a number and that the men are forgotten, and their feelings and comfort aren't a concern. They are viewed as sperm banks/machines and that is all.
Given low AMH we started off with a few weeks of testosterone before starting IV meds. IVF meds were 75 mg menopur (2 vials); 300 gonal-f; lupron (forgot dosage) daily. Ganirlex and HCG were given before retrieval. For transfer I started on progesterone in oil and estrace for a FET. Day of retrieval I was given Valium to help with calming me and avoiding uterine contractions during the transfer.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Strengths: during your initial visit for IVF you have 1:1 meetings with the doctor, nurse and billing coordinator. This allowed for 100% understanding of the process, what was covered vs. out of pocket and expectations.
We did PGS and transferred normal embryos so Dr. Nackley recommended transferring only one for a safer pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at CARE Fertility?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Nackley was friendly and really showed that she cared. I felt that she really wanted everything to work out for my husband and I. I knew right away that she would be a great doctor by the way she explained treatments/surgeries to me and how compassionate she was.... After seeing Dr. Nackley, I was finally able to get the answers I needed. Although things haven't gone as planned, I know she will be the one to help me get pregnant. I just need to be patient and it will all fall into place.
South Asian, Other
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Go in positive and know that you are in good hands.
I haven't undergone IVF yet but hope to soon. The finances has been rough lately but i saw Dr. Nackley after clomid was. It working with my OBGYN. Come to find out that my right tube was blocked due to an ectopic pregnancy and the damage was already done. She scheduled a laparoscopy to remove my right tube. She advised that I would be a great candidate for IVF but will need to lose some weight and lower my A1C levels since I have type 2 diabetes. Since then, I have been working on that.
Very nice and friendly. I could tell that they loved what they do.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
Very inviting. Not intimidating at all. It is a very clean facility as well.
I don't recall my surgery cost but I was quoted around $13,000 for IVF. We haven't not started yet due to the cost, my weight loss, and other factors. We hope to start this year.
2005 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I am so grateful to have Dr. Nackley as my fertility doctor. She really cares about you as a person, she goes above and beyond to ensure you are comfortable and have all the information you need. There has been times she has even called me directly to ensure I understand my results or treatment. She is caring and always remembers personal details I am amazed about....She makes you feel like a person and she truly cares. Takes time to listen and address all questions and concerns.
2005 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I am so grateful to have Dr. Nackley as my fertility doctor. She really cares about you as a person, she goes above and beyond to ensure you are comfortable and have all the information you need. There has been times she has even called me directly to ensure I understand my results or treatment. She is caring and always remembers personal details I am amazed about. I only wish she could be my doctor for everything! :)
My advice would be to ask questions and follow all instructions she gives. I am confident in her advice.
A lot of the same nurses have been there since I originally started seeing Dr. Nackley in 2001. They are helpful and explain in detail. I especially love Nikki. She is very customer centric and I am thankful when she calls or is there with my treatment.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I think this clinic is easy to deal with organized. Sometimes calls back from finance or billing can take a couple days but always get to my question or concern. As a new patient, I would want to know that they treat you as a person and not just an appointment on the books.
Bedford
Medications (clomid) were recommended [by Dr. Chan Nackley] to increase the chances of a successful positive result. It appears that was a standard treatment plan. I elected to move forward with unmedicated IUIs to begin with...I met with her twice. Otherwise nurses handled my care...She is straight forward and created a treatment plan that would maximize a positive result. I would have preferred having more conversation about medications and the pros/cons. I was presented with a medicated treatment plan without any discussion about it.
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Ask questions. She is open to talk but you may need to prompt further discussion where you need it.
I met with her twice. Otherwise nurses handled my care which was fine with me. They provided good care.
Medications (clomid) were recommended to increase the chances of a successful positive result. It appears that was a standard treatment plan. I elected to move forward with unmedicated IUIs to begin with.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
The clinic is open 7 days a week year-round. That is the biggest strength. They accommodate cycle needs for treatments. I was able to schedule my IUI same day when my cycle indicated readiness. They also have two clinic sites that clients can utilize interchangeably. This is very convenient. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. Billing is straightforward and transparent.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr nackly is a passionate caring patient provider. I highly recommend her to anyone that has or us struggling with fertility. She explained her plan of care and gave plenty of time for questions. Dr. NAackley made sure all my question were answered...There was a list of test that u have to complete before you can began a cycle. I was able to do these test locally since I live out of state. I did do the lining check and mock transfer in her office.
European, Other
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
Be patient with some of the staff because the result are worth some of the hoops you have to jump through
There was a list of test that u have to complete before you can began a cycle. I was able to do these test locally since I live out of state. I did do the lining check and mock transfer in her office. After those were complete we did the transfer. The meds were BC pills then estrogen orally and vaginally. Oh and the lovely POI injections. I did not use Lupron with my cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at CARE Fertility.
Everyone was helpful. The embryologist was only in office 2 or 3 days a week so that delayed some communication.
Describe your experience with CARE Fertility.
I had a great experience. No complaints .......................................clean friendly helpful knowledgeable attentive be patient with gettingg replies from embryologist. ................... .
With such a high success rate they only transfer one which I think is a wise choice
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Nackley is a terrific doctor with a very sweet bed side. She always took more than enough time,answered any questions my husband or I might have, explained everything so we could understand, simply put she's an incredible doctor who's very compassionate!... She was always very kind and took the time with us, invested in us a patients.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Anna Chan Nackley at CARE Fertility?
I don't have any honestly!
She was always very kind and took the time with us, invested in us a patients.
Baseline sonogram, daily blood work and monitoring would base how my daily medications would be dosed.
They were all very friendly and answered any questions I had (which were a lot hehe) compassionate, you feel that their main goal is to also help us hold our miracle baby/babies in our arms!
Nothing
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CARE Fertility.
I was monitored in our hometown because CARE fertility was 6 hours from our home.
It was around 10,000 I believe for retrieval storage etc this did not include medications
They will not transfer more than 2 embryos if you are under the age of 35