Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins
Buckhead/Piedmont
2001 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
404-843-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Anne Brawner Namnoum to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta to a friend?
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Anne Brawner Namnoum] is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason. Dr. Namnoum has a great support staff around that interacts with her patients in a great way. I am always amazed that they remember me and acknowledge where we are in our treatment or journey. I continue to go to Dr. Namnoum because of her clinical knowledge and her supportive staff. I also think it is important to recognize that they often listen to the patient. I never wanted to do an IUI to conceive and Dr. Namnoum works hard to prevent us from having to utilize that option on a regular basis. She also encourages a second opinion at all times which I like. She is not a cocky know it all doctor. She literally will conduct research in your presence to determine the best course of action for you. I also like that I feel like I am included in my care and my voice really matters.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I would say go in with an open mind and provide your input throughout the entire journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She seemed to care about helping us meet our goal to have a family.
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I was on Letrozole and clomid to produce more eggs and improve my ovulation to increase fertilization. I also had 1 IUI because of the greater chances of conceiving with the procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Namnoum medical assistant)
The nursing staff is the clinic's best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.
Anne Brawner Namnoum
Dr. Namnoum was compassionate and knowledgeable. However, she does not have strong recommendations for courses of treatment. She provided education and allowed me to make the call about what to do next. I would have prefered more direction from our doctor.
Bring all questions to your appointments. It is difficult to get in touch with her otherwise.
The office staff that I encountered at the remote office at Piedmont Hospital were always very friendly. The staff at the main location near Northside Hospital were not very friendly or compassionate. There were some miscommunications regarding the reason for one of my visits to the main location and I was made to feel like it was my fault.
All of my and my husband's tests came back normal, so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I started seeing Dr. Namnoum after doing 3 cycles of clomid under my primary OB/Gyn practice. We did 2 more cycles with letrozole with Dr. Namnoum. Under my own motivation, I started acupuncture and did the Whole30 diet. Dr. Namnoum was supportive of these lifestyle changes and my desire to see what happened during an unmedicated cycle. This cycle resulted in a pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. When we were ready to start treatment again, she suggested a medicated IUI. I took Letrozole and a trigger shot prior to the procedure. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
The nurses were competent, but did not communicate well. There is no way to get in touch with the practice after hours or on weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours, you ALWAYS have to leave a voicemail and wait for a returned call. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some of the staff are very friendly. The financial support person, Candice was great. This clinic's biggest weakness is communication. There is no way to get in touch with someone after hours or on the weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I have infertility coverage through my insurance, so most of these visits were covered.
Buckhead/Piedmont
Dr. Namnoum is very knowledgeable and follows the typical protocol when one is labeled as infertile. She has a very sweet bedside manner, as well as, takes time to explain each procedure/process. Dr. Namnoum is very gentle and has a soft spoken voice... did 2 IUI's with Dr. Namnoum so far. She prescribed femara for both rounds taken during days 3-7 of your cycle with a trigger shot of gonadotropin after an ultrasound on day 10 to assess if there are viable follicles to perform the IUI. If ultrasound looks good then trigger shot taken on day 13. IUI performed on day 14.
Do your homework.
Dr. Namnoum and her nurse call you by name every visit as well as hug you and tell you they missed you if it has been a while between appointments. The staff really gets to know you and calls to check on you, as well as, wishes you the best of luck after each appointment.
I did 2 IUI's with Dr. Namnoum so far. She prescribed femara for both rounds taken during days 3-7 of your cycle with a trigger shot of gonadotropin after an ultrasound on day 10 to assess if there are viable follicles to perform the IUI. If ultrasound looks good then trigger shot taken on day 13. IUI performed on day 14.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Every one at GRS, either of the locations, is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Namnoum's nurse is Tracy. Tracy is who I communicated with mostly and saw in the office before appointments. Occasionally, I saw another nurse and nursing staff all of which were of the same quality.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
GRS has many different locations around the Atlanta area. The doctor's are at different locations on different days which is helpful for people who have to travel. The clinic is very clean with many smiling faces and information/literature waiting for you. They get results back to you as soon as they get them in. Communication is of very good quality!
Most of our cost were copays, medication cost, and paying for the cost of the testing. Many of the genetic screening test cost us over $1,000 each. The most a medication cost us was $250.
Sandy Springs
Dr Namnoum treated me as a person instead of being part of a protocol. I never felt like she saw me as a statistic for her practice success....Dr Namnoum is a not a chatty doctor, but she is kind and listens and made me feel like an individual, not a practice statistic. She immediately did tests that the previous doctor didn't even consider and the resut was pregnancy in our first round of IVF...Dr Namnoum put us on an antagonist protocol...t felt like Dr Namnoum and her staff really wanted us to succeed
Dr Namnoum is a kind person and a talented doctor, but she is not chatty so don't expect long conversations.
Dr Namnoum treated me as a person instead of being part of a protocol. I never felt like she saw me as a statistic for her practice success. It felt like Dr Namnoum and her staff really wanted us to succeed and she listened to us when we had questions and always answered them honestly and without fluff.
Dr Namnoum put us on an antagonist protocol. I started with birth control pills and then a combination of Follistim and Cetrotide with an HCG trigger shot and then Progesterone injections once the transfer was done until 11 weeks pregnant. Results were exactly what we wanted - a successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Pam Spencer)
Pam Spencer was AMAZING. She answered emails efficiently, communicated every detail needed and was always there to answer questions - no matter how silly they were. The rest of the staff at the clinic were all great from the person who drew my blood to the nursing assistants.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I think everything about this clinic is great except that you have to pay for parking!
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We transferred 1 embryo as there was no indication that multiple embryo transfer was necessary.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Namnoum is thorough and detailed. She is easy to talk to and explains procedures/options well. I feel like she really cares and I am not just another number There are times when I feel a bit rushed when seeing her but I have learned not to let her leave the room until I have all my questions/concerns answered...It took more than a few appointments to feel like a human but I think this was just part of the process.
PCOS, Unexplained
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
IUI (Letrozole, Ovidrel) IUI (Letrozole, Gonal F, Ovidrel)
IUI Nurse - not very organized. Responded with short answers, almost as if my questions were an inconvenience. Nursing Staff - helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Clinic is going through some growing pains and it is very noticeable. At times it can seem a bit disorganized (recently transitioned from paper to electronic). The clinic is small and waiting room can be awkward at times. The Doctor is what keeps me from switching clinics.
$40 copay for each visit.
Sandy Springs
She [Dr. Anne Brawner Namnoum] was very encouraging to my wife and I. She seemed to know what she was talking about and always had an answer to any of our questions. She helped us try to eliminate what the problems were and how to solve them.... My wife took medication for 5 days. Then went in for an ultrasound to check follicles. A trigger shot was given the day before the IUI was done.
She was very encouraging to my wife and I. She seemed to know what she was talking about and always had an answer to any of our questions. She helped us try to eliminate what the problems were and how to solve them.
Ask questions.
They were friendly, nice, and seemed like they cared.
The nursing staff is very friendly and encouraging. They are always smiling and call you by name.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some strengths of the clinic would be that they get results, do what it takes to get the results you are wanting, and help you figure out the financial side of everything.
What cost the most were the genetic screenings and medication.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
I truly appreciate the excellent IVF work performed by Dr. Anne Namnoum and her staff at GRS. I received professionalism, compassion and top of the line care....She will look out for your best interest, so that your body is optimal to receive the transfer. [Nurses] Gail and Dawn were both thoughtful, friendly, smart and detailed. They answered all my questions and taught my husband how to administer the numerous at home shots.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Namnoun is highly intelligent, wise and personable. She is a skilled RE who is positive.
Before IVF began, Dr. Namnoum removed polyps from my service, which was something I truly needed. Genetic testing revealed that I was have a little girl, even before the FET. My Original date for FET got pushed back because a follicle was growing, despite the Lupron. Dr. Namnoun wisely updated my protocol, so that my FET was at the right time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Gail, Dawn, Tracey)
Nice clean office Friendly staff