Medical SchoolDrexel
215-887-2010
1690 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
215-887-2011
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Annette Lee to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Did not see Dr. Lee much, only at one visit (procedure to see if Fallopian tubes are blocked-which thankfully they weren’t). Other than that, I have seen every nurse, NP, and PA of the practice (who are still good but wish I could see the same provider every visit so I could develop a relationship and consistency.)... Dr. Lee seems to be a very friendly provider who is extremely knowledgeable in regards to fertility. Although she has won many awards and has a great track record, there is only one of her.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lee seems to be a very friendly provider who is extremely knowledgeable in regards to fertility. Although she has won many awards and has a great track record, there is only one of her. So far, through 3 fertility cycles I have only seen her once in person (and only received one phone call from her) even though I am in the office at least once a week. The rest of the visits were her colleagues. She has a pretty great reputation and my husband and I are excited for the future and can’t wait to start the next chapter of our lives when we conceive a bundle of joy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t have high expectations of seeing her particularly in person. Her colleagues may take over but they are all pretty good and I believe they consult each other in regards to individualized treatment plans.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Annette Lee used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After baseline testing (HSG, bloodwork, genetic testing, etc.) Clomid start 100mg. Letrozole 10mg. Depending on bloodwork/infertility diagnosis they will decide which oral Med to start with. After a couple failed oral med cycles they will highly recommend iui cycles, depending on the diagnosis. Injections are a possibility for the future.
All the nurses are great! They will become your best friend. After all the invasive poking, pricking, prying, you eventually become immune to it. They are the ones who keep you motivated for the end result!!
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Organized and staff is friendly. Office runs smoothly and you will always receive a phone call back if you call and leave a message on the nurses line. Weaknesses: Lansdale office is not open on weekends. Have to go to main abington.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Depends on your own insurance and what they cover. Personally my office visits were $50 each. Baseline testing was covered through insurance.
Describe Annette Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Do not have any experience with this yet.
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
At first I wasn’t impressed with Dr Lee. She was telling me to lose weight in our early visits, like that was the cause of all problems. Unlikely. I took a break of about 4 months after some IUI failures to give myself some mental health time. In those months, I did lose some weight and improved my overall health. When I returned to Dr Lee, she seemed thrilled by this and her whole attititude was different. I guess I had to “prove” that I really wanted this? But still, several failed cycles thereafter. I am currently considering IVF and may return to Dr Lee as long as she is my primary doctor. Unfortunately, you sometimes see the doctor on duty and I had an unpleasant experience with another doc there who was overly aggressive. But I did seem to connect with Dr Lee.
Be aware that she is blunt but there is kindness underneath. She has been doing this a long time.
At first, I found Dr Lee cold and wasn’t too thrilled to be working with her. After I improved some health concerns though, her demeanor seemed to improve and she was easier to get along with.
IUI with Letrozole and HCG trigger. This protocol was used several times with the same negative results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sue Seybert)
Sue was a big reason I stayed at the practice even with negative results. I came to see her as motherly and trusted her experiences.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t hear a lot of success stories from people at this clinic but I think they’re a smaller scale than some of the other clinics around here. The locations are fairly convenient which is very helpful during monitoring. There’s one front desk receptionist who isn’t welcoming, but other support staff has always been friendly and kind. Rates seem competitive and there is a lot of experience with the team of doctors but I don’t like working with various doctors during the same cycle.
The majority of my care was covered under insurance but I was running out of my lifetime max bucket of infertility benefits, and fresh IVF out of pocket would have been close to $20 after meds and monitoring. IUI procedure itself was surprisingly inexpensive, it’s all the monitoring and ultrasounds that are expensive.
Dr Lee clearly supported single embryo transfer for health of mother and baby.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
2012 - 2017
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
2012 - 2017
European, East Asian
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Our experience with Dr. Lee was wonderful. A few years ago, she was our doctor for the reciprocal IVF cycle that resulted in our healthy twin girls. We were always extremely impressed with her high level of professionalism at every visit. I had a lot of anxiety surrounding my ideas about treatment, and she helped ease my fears by answering my questions and explaining details. She is incredibly knowledgeable and it is clear that she has a great passion for her work; she is always sharing the latest scientific research with her patients. On a personal level, she is very kind and always put us at ease with her well-timed humor and seemingly endless patience. She has changed practices since she helped us conceive our twins a few years ago, but we will be following her to her new practice this year when we try for another child. Oh, and for a while we were unsure that we could handle more kids, but she convinced us with her hilarious anecdotes about raising five(!) children herself, reassuring us that after the first kid, "it's just one more sandwich to make!"
Seeing Dr. Lee for our fertility journey was one of the best choices I've ever made! If you choose her as your provider, come with an open mind and know that you can trust her to help you in every way she possibly can.
I felt like treatment was very personal with Dr. Lee; she put us at ease from the very first consultation. She spent a lot of time educating us and easing our anxiety. It was clear that she was extremely knowledgeable and experienced, but she still remained flexible in accommodating our wishes.
The first and only cycle that we completed (resulting in our twins) was done as reciprocal IVF using my partner's eggs, anonymous donor sperm, and with myself serving as the gestational carrier. This was several years ago, so some of the details are foggy, but I will recount as many details as I can remember. First, we were both put on oral birth control pills for about a month to sync our cycles. Next, I was put on estrogen patches to build my uterine lining, and she was simultaneously put on an injectable medication to hyperstimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Then, I was put on Lupron to stop my ovulation, and when she was ready to ovulate, she was given Lupron and hCG to time everything for the egg retrieval procedure. She had the egg retrieval performed and the eggs were fertilized with our anonymous donor sperm, resulting in 9 fertilized embryos at day 5. After the egg withdrawal, she was given oral medication to prevent complications from ovarian hyperstimulation. At the time of retrieval, I was put on progesterone, which I continued throughout the first 10 (?) weeks of pregnancy. Dr. Lee was very thorough in explaining all of this at our first consultation, as well as before each step was performed.
Dr. Lee presented us with the option to transfer one or two embryos; she made it clear that she was not comfortable with transferring more than that because our chances of conceiving were high. She discussed thoroughly with us the risks and benefits of transferring one vs. two embryos and we felt well informed when making our decision. Although we all were in agreement to transfer two embryos, we still had an interesting conversation regarding the ethical implications of multiple embryo transfers.
2013 - 2017
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Upon having my first consultation with Dr Lee, I felt like I was in great hands. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field, and she took the time to explain the entire process and what type of testing we would undergo to determine the cause of our infertility. She was always up front and honest, and did not sugar coat anything which I like. She uncovered a few problems and performed a couple of procedures to remedy them prior to any treatments. I am very grateful to Dr Lee for providing me with next steps when certain procedures didn't work. We did what she recommended and now have beautiful boy/ girl twins after 4 years of trying to conceive.
Be ready to take in all of the information she will provide you, and trust in her recommendations.
Dr Lee took great care to thoroughly explain the entire process to me and provided me with all the information needed.
The first treatment was to correct some abnormalities in my uterus. Then we tried IUI using Clomid and gonal f. I developed cysts from the Clomid so the next cycle of IUI we used femara and gonal f. We tried one more cycle of IUI with this protocol. Dr Lee had advised us prior to the IUI's that since she had diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve it was unlikely the IUI would work but we wanted to try anyway and she agreed. However she said after 3 failed IUI's, IVF would be our best option. We moved onto IVF and I stimmed with femara, gonal f, ganirelix. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 fertilized, 4 day 5 blastocysts. We transferred 2 embryos and had healthy full term twins in May 2016.
IVF was 10000. Not including medications. However Dr Lee provided me with donated gonal f to reduce costs which was appreciated.
Dr Lee advised me on eSET and explained since I was 34 at egg retrieval, I may have success with one embryo transferred. But due to financial costs for any future transfers we decided to transfer 2.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
2011 - 2015
I loved how willing she [Dr. Annette Lee] was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I was hesitant about choosing to go a specialist. Once I met her I knew she was the one. I loved how willing she was to try new treatments when a cycle or two didn't work. She also respected my decision when I emotionally just need an emotional break from treatments. After 3 failed IUI's most doctors would have never performed another IUI. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of IVF so we switched up the protocol and with the help of donated injectibles, I finally conceived against the odds, thanks to her!
Never doubt her intentions. She WILL chose the best method of treatment for your scenario. Be honest and speak with her about your concerns. She will explain it and make you feel at ease.
She & her entire staff always knew my name. You could feel her compassion and not once did I ever feel pressured. She even was able to donate injections to me after various failed cycles when my insurance wouldn't cover the cost. She truly cares about each patient and only wants the best possible outcome.
Actively TTC #1 since Feb 2011 - unprotected since 2008 5/11 - Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism: TSH of 153!!! 2/12 - Referred to RE 3/12 - HSG & Hysteroscopy all clear 3/12 - Clomid 100 mg 4/12 - Clomid 100 mg w/trigger 5/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger 5/12 - TSH level FINALLY normal at 0.60 6/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #1 CP 7/12 - Femara 5 mg w/trigger. IUI #2 8/12 - Sanity Break...natural cycle 9/12 - Sanity Break continued... 10/12 - TSH regulated at 0.60, AMH 3.28 & FSH 5.21 10/12 - Femara 5 mg w/Ovidrel, Crinone & Prometrium. IUI #3 11/12 - Femara 5 mg, Follistim 300 iu, Bravelle 150 iu, Low Dose HCG 50 iu w/Ovidrel, Crinone. IUI #4 11/12 - P4 level at 7DPO: 55.8
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Never a number, always a person
Most covered by my insurance. All injectibles I received through donation.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Never ever felt like a number. Dr. Lee and her staff always knew who we were and what the treatment plan would be from month to month...Dr. Lee was amazing from the time we met her. She was caring and always explained what we should expect. I always felt comfortable asking any questions I had and she never ever made me feel discouraged...My first few courses were femara, then femara with Gonal-F then Gonal-F. All with IUI and trigger injections. I did back to back IUI's my last few rounds. We resulted in a twin pregnancy my last cycle with Gonal-F, trigger injection and IUI. We had 2 heartbeats early on but lost a twin early. Dr. Lee was very compassionate.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her and the process she puts in place.
The nursing team was very knowledgeable and compassionate!
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I would suggest you trust the process. Don't second guess what the plan is. Dr. Lee is brilliant and knows her stuff! I know it's hard when you experience infertility but her main goal is to get you pregnant!
My insurance covered most of the costs.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lee was always very warm and welcoming. She explained every detail of all procedures and diagnoses in understandable terms. She answered any and all questions. Dr. Lee was very knowledgeable and current in her practices. I always felt like she had a "sixth sense" as well! I would recommend her to anyone!
Go to her!!!!
Dr. Lee and her staff were amazing and were always welcoming and warm. They felt like part of the family!
IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Annu Joseph)
Amazing!
Welcoming, informative, helpful.
Approximately 12,000 for IVF with ICSI.
2013 - 2014
Dr Lee was a leader with her knowledge of what was available in this area. She always presented options and the pros/cons. She answered every question I had, was compassionate and very skilled at all the procedures she did for me. I would recommend her 110%
How was your experience with Annette Lee at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
It took me awhile to have a child, but Dr. Lee always had a plan on how to get to the end goal.
Dr. Lee was wonderful! She took the time to answer all my questions, offered support through the entire process and always new what to do and try next!
All the nurses were very competent, skilled and made me feel at ease that I was in good hands.