Medical SchoolHarvard
St. Petersburg,, FL 33701
Tampa
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Anthony Imudia to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology to a friend?
Electronic communication was the best thing I had with Dr.Imudia and boy did he have a lot of emails from me... is patient and kind and makes the best action plan as best as he can. We even wanted to transfer 2 embryos but he suggested 1 as it did not necessarily increase chances of a viable pregnancy plus the added difficulties it would present if both embryos did attach...I believe Dr. Immudia will make the best decision for each patient's circumstance.
How was your experience with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Imudia is patient and kind and makes the best action plan as best as he can. We even wanted to transfer 2 embryos but he suggested 1 as it did not necessarily increase chances of a viable pregnancy plus the added difficulties it would present if both embryos did attach. His RN is great at scheduling and because they have multiple locations it is easy to shift appointments around once you are an established patient. Electronic communication was the best thing I had with Dr.Imudia and boy did he have a lot of emails from me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Imudia at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
It is hard to get in initially but once you are an established patient, advocate for what you want. I had all my blood work completed and my cycle began in December I was not scheduled for an IUI but asked m doctor why I couldn't do it if all my labs/ultrasounds were done, well with that said I was immediately booked for my baseline ultrasound on New year's day. The clinic is never closed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
He answered all my questions patiently without rushing to answer questions or being dismissive.
Describe the protocols Anthony Imudia used in your cycles at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
During my IUI cycles I used clomid(no injectables) and had baseline ultrasounds but that was it and those were not successful, but also take into consideration I had just balanced my hormones so those eggs that did not fertilize could have been a results of my previously imbalanced hormones. My IVF cycle was after my hormones were balanced for over 6 months, so the egg quality was probably much better at this point. During my IVF cycle I used injectables(Lupron,menopur,gonal f) and then progesterone suppositories until 10 weeks) and I got my daughter.
Very compassionate and also very amazing at communicating and answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths: Organization Weakness: Honestly none, they were amazing. Although sometimes I felt rushed to give them my husband's semen sample and they didn't seem rushed but that's just how we are when struggling with infertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
They were on time and prompt I was never waiting more then 5-10minutes for the monitoring appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Imudia at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
I don't know I was blessed that my insurance covered all cost.
Describe Anthony Imudia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
St. Petersburg,

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Imudia sat down with my husband and I and went over all our results and plan of care. He answered our questions and concerns and really listened to us.... Although we have only seen him a handful of times throughout our treatment, he was very efficient when we saw him. He was knowledgable about our results and explained our plan of care.... We attempted 5 months of Femara 5mg with timed relations. All five months were negative pregnancy test.
PCOS, Unexplained
My expierience as a patient has been overall good. Although we have only seen him a handful of times throughout our treatment, he was very efficient when we saw him. He was knowledgable about our results and explained our plan of care. My sister also has infertility and had him as her doctor so he is well trusted in our family.
Tell the doctor all your concerns.
We attempted 5 months of Femara 5mg with timed relations. All five months were negative pregnancy test. We are currently in the process of our 3rd IUI treatment. I get my initial ultrasound in day 3 of 4 of my cycle. I start 7.5 mg of femara for 5 days. I follow up on day 12 to see the size of my follicle(s). I have done my trigger shot, Ovidrel, on day 12 between 8pm and 10pm. We are back at the clinic on day 14, 36 hours post trigger for IUI procedure. So far, all negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Robyn)
The nursing staff has been great. Anytime I had a question, they were happy to answer it. During both IUI procedures, the nurse explained exactly what she was doing and made my husband and I feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths include they are educated about infertility, have a plan of care they go over with you, easy to communicate with, good success rates. Weaknesses include they aren't always forthcoming during ultrasounds with what they are doing, you need to ask questions. You mainly deal with nurses and coordinator, don't see or talk to the doctor much.
IUI - $700 Ovidrel trigger shot -$107 Femara -covered Office visits - couple hundred? Blood work - covered Insurance does not cover any infertility.
St. Petersburg,

Dr Imudia understood our urgency in trying to convince so he didn't attempt to waste our time with treatments that were going to delay our possibility of having a family. He suggested we skip all other treatments and move straight to IVF and I'm glad we did as any other treatments are no longer an option.... What my husband and I appreciated the most was his honesty, he's not making promises that he won't be able to keep. We are very aware that it may take a few tries as nothing is guaranteed and also the financial commitment involved. Dr. Imudia was very straightforward but also compassionate.
Make sure you ask any and all questions no matter how silly it may sound.
Care was personalized and there was no sugar coating possible results and probabilities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Melissa and Kristen )
Both nurses that I've been in contact with have been absolutely accommodating in every way possible.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The only weakness I would note would be that fact that I had to ask more than once for a treatment plan cost. We were beg, borrowing and stealing to make this happen so we needed to know well before so that we could figure out how to pay for the treatment. This would be my only gripe about the clinic experience.
14,900 for 1 retrieval and 2 transfers (currently in retrieval process)
We were happy to hear that Dr. Imudia is willing to perform multiple embryo transfer as we had heard that some doctors are unwilling to do so. With our situation time is of the essence and we appreciate our Doctor understanding this.
St. Petersburg,

He [Dr. Anthony Imudia] listens well and respects you as a person. He is factual and provides options for treatment. He works at your pace and does not make you feel rushed into treatment. He is open with communication. He is compassionate regarding past experiences (miscarriage, etc.)...friendly, caring, and to the point in a comforting way. He tells talks to the PATIENT and not the computer screen. He listens and answers questions adequately. He does not make you feel rushed and makes time to sit and talk with you.
He listens well and respects you as a person. He is factual and provides options for treatment. He works at your pace and does not make you feel rushed into treatment. He is open with communication. He is compassionate regarding past experiences (miscarriage, etc.).
To call as soon as they can! He is helpful and provides options for treatments.
Dr. Imudia is friendly, caring, and to the point in a comforting way. He tells talks to the PATIENT and not the computer screen. He listens and answers questions adequately. He does not make you feel rushed and makes time to sit and talk with you. I knew he was a good doctor when he stopped work to come into the waiting room to see a patient of his and her new baby.
At first he tested my tubes, blood work, and sent my husband for an SA. We are currently under MIF treatment, along with preparing for IUI or IVF.
Helpful, understanding, willing to work with schedules for appointments
Clean, organized, efficient.
So far our treatments have been covered and we have only had to pay co-pays. Treatment itself will be out of pocket, but our testing is co-pay.