Shady Grove Fertility

St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Tampa
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612

Dr. Imudia never altered my dosage or medications. I would have to call his office and request my results be reviewed and dosage changed. He would never speak to me one on one after our first an only appointment together. Everything was relayed through the nurses [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]. ... I had to call in about the option of scheduling my IUI, no one contacted me after my 3 months to start those arrangements.
I was not called with results on blood work and examinations. The nurses [USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology] constantly lost my paperwork and left me with no medication to prep for IUI. My times for appointments were changed constantly and there was never an understanding on what my next steps would be. ... They do have weekend appointments and early morning. ... Please note only about 2 staff (nurses) work at a time so you will see a lot of people waiting but no one at the front desk. ... He recommended we do clomid for 3 months before doing IUI. ...
How was your experience with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Imudia never altered my dosage or medications. I would have to call his office and request my results be reviewed and dosage changed. He would never speak to me one on one after our first an only appointment together. Everything was relayed through the nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
This will be a very independent process on the patients end with no support from the office, doctor or staff.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
As a patient my calls were returned 2 days later, none of my emails received responses and he only met with me one time during five months of treatments doing none of my procedures.
Describe the protocols Anthony Imudia used in your cycles at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
He recommended we do clomid for 3 months before doing IUI. I had to request him to increase dosage to see if there would be a change. I never got a call, follow-up appointment or check in to see about the monthly results. I would have to call in and inform them I was not pregnant. Also, I had to call in about the option of scheduling my IUI, no one contacted me after my 3 months to start those arrangements.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
There were only two nurses I met. One who did my ultrasound and was very nice and the other who coordinated appointments and medications. The one who did all medications would have to be reminded to call in at the pharmacy and there were two times that when my pharmacy did not have the medication that I was left to track down another pharmacy while in the waiting room to get my medications. The staff left me there to panic in trying to find a new pharmacy last minute.
Describe your experience with USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
They do have weekend appointments and early morning. Also they are centrally located, have a lunch area if you are waiting long and are located in different areas. Please note only about 2 staff (nurses) work at a time so you will see a lot of people waiting but no one at the front desk.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Imudia at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
The cost of the clomid was about $20 if not less. Each IUI was about $500-$700 and the trigger shot before each IUI was about $250. I also had to pay a co-pay for each visit and for my husbands exams.
Describe Anthony Imudia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
It was never discussed.
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology.
I was not called with results on blood work and examinations. The nurses constantly lost my paperwork and left me with no medication to prep for IUI. My times for appointments were changed constantly and there was never an understanding on what my next steps would be.
Tampa
He [Dr. Anthony Imudia] was wonderful, always talked to me and answered all my questions. Very kind doctor...He is a very thorough doctor. Tells me his honest opinion and doesn’t sugar coat anything. He is Always on time when I have an appointment. He is very professional and has perfect bed side manner. My husband and I experienced a miscarriage this past year and he was very comforting and sincere when he gave us the news. He sat with us and helped us decide what we should do next.
Every IUI i had cost us about $700 dollars plus 100$ for meds [at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology]...I think one of the clinics weaknesses is not having any satellite offices to be able to get your ultrasounds done at. I am about an hour away and sometimes would have to go up there three or four times a week for monitoring I wish they had an office closer to me...[nurse was] Very sincere every time I talk to her always tries to keep me positive even though I’ve had a rough day. She is one of the nicest nurses I’ve spoke to at USF Health
Just know you might not see Dr Imudia at every visit. Sometimes you might see his nurse practitioner or another dr there
He was wonderful, always talked to me and answered all my questions. Very kind doctor.
Dr Imudia had me take 7.5 mg of Femera for 5 days. Then come in for ultrasounds on day 11- if my follicle was the right size they would have me take my trigger shot. 36 hours later I would come back for my IUI. Two days later I would start my progesterone 200mg two x day
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Every IUI i had cost us about $700 dollars plus 100$ for meds
St. Petersburg

I did timed intercourse with Letrozole for 10 months before we moved forward to IUI. In the consultation for that, he [Dr. Anthony Imudia] said that after 6 months of treatment my chances of getting pregnant with medication/timed intercourse were minimal. How did no one told me that after 6 months? I expressed concerns that I may have endometriosis, he said it was possible, but there was nothing we could to about it.
[USF IVF and Reproductive Endo-St. Petersburg's] Strengths: Multiple locations Weaknesses: cold staff, appointments are too far away from when you call, even if you are a patient. If this is your only choice, it is worth it to try. They will give you a diagnostic.... They are always in a hurry. My husband and I always talk about how impersonal and cold this people are, giving that their patients are going thru something very difficult.
I did timed intercourse with Letrozole for 10 months before we moved forward to IUI. In the consultation for that, he said that after 6 months of treatment my chances of getting pregnant with medication/timed intercourse were minimal. How did no one told me that after 6 months? I expressed concerns that I may have endometriosis, he said it was possible, but there was nothing we could to about it.
Please pay attention to each individual case. After my IUI I had intense ovary pain and with my history of PCOS, it could have been OHSS. I told him and he said it was normal and to take whatever I regularly take for period related pain.
Dr. Imudia is kind, but he doesn't take the time to figure out the best way of treatment for you.
Letroole 5 mg. For IUI round: Letrozole 7.5 mg, Shot
IUI, $740 Ovydrel Shot $150
What specific things went wrong at USF IVF & Reproductive Endocrinology?
They never called me with any of my results. I complained to the Office Manager about it, after that, I received one call and that was it.