Medical SchoolU. of North Carolina
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
16040 Park Valley Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
512-451-0149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Anthony Propst to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
During our initial consultation, we had a lot of questions due to 3 failed cycles with another clinic. He was able to answer all of our questions and propose a plan for our future cycle. Also recommended additional supplement (DHEA) and increasing CoQ10 dosage.... Dr. Propst is extremely intelligent and knows the evidence behind the treatment. Based on the way that our cycle was going, he changed the plan from frozen to fresh embryo transfer hopefully for a better outcome. He explained the reasoning behind all of his decisions and engaged us in the decision making process. I
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is extremely intelligent and knows the evidence behind the treatment. Based on the way that our cycle was going, he changed the plan from frozen to fresh embryo transfer hopefully for a better outcome. He explained the reasoning behind all of his decisions and engaged us in the decision making process. I also appreciated that he would provide recommendations. Many doctors will provide with you with the options, but not give a recommendation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Ask him for recommendations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
During our initial consultation, we had a lot of questions due to 3 failed cycles with another clinic. He was able to answer all of our questions and propose a plan for our future cycle. Also recommended additional supplement (DHEA) and increasing CoQ10 dosage. I was surprised that there was much else to do in our case, but we decided to stay with him because he had a good plan that was different than what we were previously doing.
Describe the protocols Anthony Propst used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with cetrotide. Started with 2 days of clomid to jump start the ovaries and then high doses of Gonal F and menopur as well as omnitrope.
IVF nurse/coordinator handles every aspect of your cycle. It depends on whether you like this or not. At my previous clinic, after the ultrasound my doctor would go to her computer and put in the plan on the spreadsheet and print it out and hand it to me. At Texas Fertility Center, once the doctor leaves the room you are mostly communicating with the nurse.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Because there are so many doctors, you will most likely not see your doctor on the weekend since they rotate call schedules. Also, there is no in house lab. On the weekend you will have to go to St. David's Main before 8AM to have labs drawn and then on other days you can go to any CPL before 8AM. Also, most of the communication is between you and your IVF nurse. At my previous clinic, I spoke to the doctor directly about everything. It just depends on how important that is to you. Strengths - nurses are very knowledgeable and can answer a lot of the questions. Well oiled machine with people doing specific jobs. The process was very streamlined. ***our longest wait time was less than 5 minutes*** I cannot even explain how much of my life I have regained from this!!! Weaknesses - because there are many people involved in the process, each person doing a specific job, things can get dropped along the way. I was told that someone would call me about ordering my meds before the start of the cycle, but I did not and decided to call on my own and they seemed to be surprised by my phone call (even though it was 2-3 days before I would need to start meds).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center.
Excluding medications, the cost is about 8k without insurance because they give you a 50% discount on the ultrasounds and egg retrieval (for TFC's part). There is still a fee for the egg retrieval that is charged by the surgery center. The 8k includes the fees paid to their lab (around 4k). Relatively affordable for someone who has used up insurance benefits.
Round Rock
Dr. Propst is very kind, gentle, and has made an effort to keep us from spending as little as possible. He obviously cares about people. His approach is more slow and steady and he seems to start with the minimum and build from there rather than bombard you with tons of tests and hardcore medication.... I completely trust his expertise however sometimes I wish he would tell me what he's thinking. He's not a big talker, but he provides the necessary information without conveying false hope or over confidence.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst is pretty straight forward and sometimes a bit serious. I completely trust his expertise however sometimes I wish he would tell me what he's thinking. He's not a big talker, but he provides the necessary information without conveying false hope or over confidence. He is realistic and somewhat optimistic. He has a very good bedside manner and makes me feel at ease. He is patient and does not start with the most drastic testing and protocol. He is very very evidence based and black and white, very intelligent and not airy fairy at all.
He may seem serious but he's very caring. He's not going to talk your ear off so if you have concerns or questions you have to ask.
I brought Dr. Propst an ultrasound during my first appointment which showed a possible fibroid. Since all my labs and my husband's S.A. came back normal he recommended laparoscopic surgery for me. He suspected endometriosis, wanted to clean out any growths, and would so the dye test on my tubes without having to put me through an HSG. The surgery was smooth, I had no issues with recovery, and had no complications. Unfortunately I still did not get pregnant after surgery. My next step was IUI with clomid. My first cycle was unsuccessful so I'm probably going to complete 1 or 2 more IUI cycles before moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon )
They have all been wonderful.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's not a big fancy brand new office which I prefer. It's smaller and more laid back and doesn't look like a money grab. They try very hard to help to get your insurance to cover anything they can.i have never felt any pressure to spend money there. They are very straight forward about cost and there have not been any surprise or hidden costs. You are assigned your own nurse you can call anytime, and there is another very nice nurse on call on weekends and evenings.
My IUI cycle was just under $1000. Each step was paid separately at the time of completion. Prices were very fair.
Describe Anthony Propst's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
This has not been discussed.
Round Rock
Dr. Propst was matter of fact about treatment and options but he still would talk to me about how other things in my life like school and work were going. When I tried to ease my anxiety with humor, he would laugh and joke with me. He was considerate of my discomfort during uncomfortable procedures.... I was having financial issues and he did everything he could to get me donated medications or lower my costs. He was an expert in the issue I was having and I trusted him completely.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst was my favorite person at the clinic. I was having financial issues and he did everything he could to get me donated medications or lower my costs. He was an expert in the issue I was having and I trusted him completely.
He’s very matter of fact so expect the truth even if it might not be what you want to hear. But he’s southern so he says it in a compassionate way.
5 cycles of letrozole plus injectibles, one cycle of full injectibles, one ivf cycle. After ovulating early, he added another medication to prevent that. Ovidril trigger was used in all seven cycles. First cycle was negative, second was a miscarriage and Dr. Propst performed my D&C. Third cycle was negative. Fourth cycle I ovulated early. Fifth cycle after an adjustment was negative. Sixth cycle was a chemical pregnancy. Seventh cycle was ivf that yielded no usable embryos. Eighth cycle was my son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimberley)
I did not have a great experience with the nursing staff. At one point I was sure that the nurses treated me differently because I am Latina and I didn’t have a lot of money. This was maninly someone trying to arrange my medication during an ivf cycle. I don’t remember her name. My ivf nurse was different from my first nurse Kimberley and when I went back to iui, Kimberley had left and I got someone different and she was fine. There was a time that I really wanted to leave the clinic because the person handling my medication order made a huge mistake and almost cost me thousands of dollars. The technicians that I saw during my regular visits were always friendly and courteous but they didn’t seem to remember me from one visit too the next, maybe because the clinic was too big.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It is a very large practice so sometimes I would see different staff members st every visit. I would have liked a smaller, more personal feel but at a large clinic it is easier to get appointments and see people last minute.
It was really expensive, my insurance didn’t cover anything, I used credit cards to pay, and I’m still in debt up to my ears. Total cost was about $45k
What specific things went wrong at Texas Fertility Center?
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
He’s [Dr. Propst] very compassionate with a professional and comfortable bedside manner. He’s extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in finding the right plan that he thinks will best work for you. He will work with you in regards to what you want, timelines, and even a little based on cost. I truly felt he wanted to help his patients and not just doing it for the paycheck...He was very personable and relatable and I felt he truly cared. Several times he actually called me directly rather than having a nurse do it.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He’s very compassionate with a professional and comfortable bedside manner. He’s extremely knowledgeable and very helpful in finding the right plan that he thinks will best work for you. He will work with you in regards to what you want, timelines, and even a little based on cost. I truly felt he wanted to help his patients and not just doing it for the paycheck.
I would say this to any patient, not just his. But just because you hear of success doesn’t mean you will get it immediately. Be patient and trust they know what they are doing. Also just because a+b+c worked for you friend, doesn’t mean it will for you. Each diagnosis and treatment is different and therefore may have a different treatment.
I used various things depending on which cycle. I know in the beginning I was doing injections with follistim and timed intercourse. Then moved onto an egg retrieval cycle with follistim and menopur. Also using ganirelix and ovidrel for the trigger. For most of the cycles I used crinone progesterone. The last (successful) one I used progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I think they are very knowledgeable and have very quality and qualified doctors that are all great and help out each other when needed. They research and offer classes to help patients regularly. They’re located throughout the city (and state) and easy to get quick appts. The only weakness, although not specific to them I imagine is the cost. Without having insurance coverage, it is super expensive!
Way too much.
After several failed attempts, he was open to multiple. We transferred two!
Central Austin
Dr. Propst for us was not the one that walks in and your super comfortable with...Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowely moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI which resulted in two pregnancies. It has been a steady progression not a rushed progression....
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Propst for us was not the one that walks in and your super comfortable with. I think because both he and I are pretty awkward. That being said we have definitely developed a relationship with him and I have trusted him completely from the get go. We are eager to resume treatments with him for Baby number two and wouldn’t want to use anyone else.
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great. He was especially wonderful at our baby app when he got to meet our daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Laura Kurkendaul)
Laura is by far the greatest part of TFC!!! She is so attentive and quick to answer questions and get back to you with information. You could feel the hope she has for her patients as well as the compassion and empathy. She is by far one of the best health care professionals I have ever had to deal with.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible. Blood draws I always got results back same day and app are very easy to schedule. I do know several other patients and have heard that is not always the case for everyone. I think a lot of it has to do with who your nurse is.
We were originally 100% out of pocket. Dr. Propst was very conscious of that and the clinic offers many discounts for patients!
North Austin
Dr. Propst is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. He has the exact amount of warmth paired with facts and reality... Super knowledgeable. His experience left us feeling like we made the best decision possible in this journey by making him our primary fertility physician. He always provides all of the facts and risks in a caring manner.... we began with around of clomid IUI. Knowing the low probability we did not anticipate much and we did get a negative test but it was a starting place for our process. next we are going to injectable IUI.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Nothing other than if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. He will spend as much time with you as you need and will explain everything thoroughly.
Since we are still at the beginning of our journey we began with around of clomid IUI. Knowing the low probability we did not anticipate much and we did get a negative test but it was a starting place for our process. next we are going to injectable IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
Everyone in the staff has been wonderful in making sure we are comfortable and bending over backwards to make sure we understand all of our options.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Be prepared to start your journey and move forward at the pace you want. They will work with you at your pace. There is absolutely no pressure. They will fill you full of information and options. The next steps are the patients to take based on where they are emotionally and financially.
$1000 for clomid IUI
we have not experienced this yet.
Round Rock
He [Dr. Anthony Propst] was willing to answer all questions and asked how we wanted to go about cycle one.Treated us like any other couple and never made us feel less than. Stayed positive throughout and when he realized clomid did not work, he was quick to prescribe something stronger. His staff is amazing and always answer any questions I have no matter time or date.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He was willing to answer all questions and asked how we wanted to go about cycle one.Treated us like any other couple and never made us feel less than. Stayed positive throughout and when he realized clomid did not work, he was quick to prescribe something stronger. His staff is amazing and always answer any questions I have no matter time or date.
Stay positive and talk with your team, as everyone wants the same thing.
He and his staff were very tentative and made my first cycle a breeze.
I started with clomid 50mg and that was because I asked to go the medicated way. Went in for ultrasound and saw it was not working and he switched me to femara 100mg and came back a week later to find three good sized eggs. Came back the next day for iui.
Nursing staff was amazing and we loved ur nurse Shannon. Always emailed or called me back with any questions or concerns I had.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
He [Dr. Anthony Propst] is always open to me asking a million questions, whether they’re redundant or stupid, he always listens and answers anything I ask...He’s very understanding...He is very helpful, attentive and kind...He is compassionate and understanding. He treats me like a human and not just another number. He’s informative and always makes sure I fully understand everything he is telling me...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
He is very helpful, attentive and kind. He listens to my concerns and answers my questions. He is compassionate and understanding. He treats me like a human and not just another number. He’s informative and always makes sure I fully understand everything he is telling me.
Ask as many questions as you want, he will answer them! He’s very understanding and highly educated. He is full of knowledge and is amazing at what he does.
He is always open to me asking a million questions, whether they’re redundant or stupid, he always listens and answers anything I ask.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan is so kind, compassionate, understanding and a great listener. She is always eager and willing to answer all my questions.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is clean, organized, orderly and all the staff members are amazing. From the front desk to check out, each employee is kind and compassionate. Everyone is attentive and I have had no issues whatsoever. There is always someone available to speak to if an issue arises.
Central Austin
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great....Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowly moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI (which resulted in pregnancy), and we are currently in another infection cycle with IUI. It as been a steady progression not a rushed progression.
How was your experience with Anthony Propst at Texas Fertility Center?
Remember that he will warm up
He just took awhile to warm up too. Once he did though he has been great.
Dr. Propst was very good about not moving on to new treatments too quickly but also pushing us to move on when he thought it was best. We have slowely moved through each of our cycles. A few clomid cycles, Clomid with IUI, hybrid with IUI, Injections with IUI (which resulted in pregnancy), and we are currently in another infection cycle with IUI. It as been a steady progression not a rushed progression.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are quick, Efficient, and all around incredible.