Medical SchoolU. of Naples
Boston, MA 02115
Stratham
75 Francis Street
Stratham, NH 03885
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Antonio Gargiulo to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brigham & Women's Hospital to a friend?
Dr. Gargiulo was very personable, kind, and empathetic of my situation. We spoke about my history and I was able to express my concerns surrounding infertility.Dr. Gargiulo is very knowledged and I believe he cares abut the patients outcome as well as their health...He recommended getting a laparoscopy and removing the non communicating horn to prevent future ectopic pregnancies. He made me feel confident in trusting him for next steps. We scheduled a "Laparoscopic Excision of Right Rudimentary Uterine Horn, And Fallopian Tube".
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
I am a 27 year old female who lives in the DC area who was born with a unicornate uterus with a rudimentary horn. I was diagnosed when I was 22 while I was trying to get to the root of my painful cramps. I had an ectopic pregnancy when I was 23 and wanted to be proactive for future planning. My OB/GYN recommended I have a laparoscopy done to diagnose endometriosis and take a loser took at my abnormal uterus. We did extensive research in efforts to finds a specialist in the area but no luck and since my family lives in Massachusetts we began our search there. We came across a colleague of Dr. Gargiulo and after speaking to his colleague, sending my MRI, and medical records, he stated Dr. Gargiulo would be the best fit to assist. When I met Dr. Gargiulo he was very personable, kind, and empathetic of my situation. We spoke about my history and I was able to express my concerns surrounding infertility. He recommended getting a laparoscopy and removing the non communicating horn to prevent future ectopic pregnancies. He made me feel confident in trusting him for next steps. We scheduled a "Laparoscopic Excision of Right Rudimentary Uterine Horn, And Fallopian Tube". His staff along with him were so kind, wonderful, and accommodating from beginning to end. It was a successful procedure and I am pleased with the small and not very noticeable incisions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Have questions ready to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe the protocols Antonio Gargiulo used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
We focused on preparing my uterus for fertility. I have not yet began attempting.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic itself is a bit small and would run behind on appointments. Most of their staff was pleasant. The office space was a bit cramped but it was overall a great clinic. Location is a bit busy and parking was a bit challenging.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
not sure
Boston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital.

2014 - 2018
IVF, Egg Freezing
2014 - 2018
IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Gargiulo is a truly excellent doctor and I can't recommend him enough. I initially came to him years ago seeking to freeze my eggs due to a severe case of endometriosis. He helpfully guided me through the process, and I was happy to complete several successful cycles of egg freezing under his care. Years later, after meeting my husband and deciding to start a family, I returned to Dr. Gargiulo, who talked through our plans for addressing infertility from every angle. When we decided to do a fresh cycle of IVF and ran into a terrible dispute with my insurance, he and his assistant went above and beyond what I would expect of anyone in that situation. They were always ready to help at the shortest notice during the weeks of the dispute. We won the case, and my husband and I went on to have a successful cycle of IVF at our first attempt despite a very low number of eggs retrieved. We were thrilled! I never once doubted Dr. Gargiulo's expertise, judgment, or advice. He explains everything in great detail and treats you with respect rather than talking down to you. He answers all questions with care and attention. What stands out as well are his kindness, humor, and genuine human touch. He is a generous doctor who clearly loves helping his patients. I will continue to seek treatment for infertility and endometriosis from him and cannot think of a better place in the area in which to do this than the BWH Infertility/Reproductive Medicine Center.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I have complete faith in the medical expertise/care offered by the BWH Infertility/Reproductive Medicine Center. That's all I have to say although this site forced me to write a response of 200 characters in length.
Boston

Amazing talented doctor [Antonio Gargiulo] from God. From first meeting with him, then later in surgery day and on post-surgery meeting I had strong confident feeling inside of me that its best doctor whom I could trust myself and my health. I did right choice! Knowledgeable, experienced, companioned, attentive. even that human charming smile means so much to us, his patients. I highly recommend him. Dr. Gargiulo is the best!
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Amazing talented doctor from God. From first meeting with him, then later in surgery day and on post-surgery meeting I had strong confident feeling inside of me that its best doctor whom I could trust myself and my health. I did right choice! Knowledgeable, experienced, companioned, attentive. even that human charming smile means so much to us, his patients. I highly recommend him. Dr. Gargiulo is the best!
Do not have doubts, if you chose Dr. Gargiulo, you are in safe hands!
Doctor Garqiulo is a doctor with big heart. He listens with attention all your needs, questions. You feel comfortable next to him. I totally trust him myself for planned surgery.
I wish I could thank them personally after surgery. I never met such a great team. they treat you as queen with a lot of kindness, care and attention. they explained to me each step what they were doing, we even laughed right before surgery begin.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
It is clean, neat place with all necessary departments under one roof. it could be a bit complicated to find right room, so I would recommend to come earlier to your appointment in case you get lost.
Boston
Dr Gargiulo is an extremely experienced and competent fertility doctor, but with a warm and caring genuiness. It took us almost 3 years to have our twins, and Dr Gargiulo kept adjusting our plans as new results occurred. He is wonderful... Make sure to discuss genetic testing of embryos. Because it is not paid for by insurance, Dr Gargiulo does not recommend it universally. We had to ask to test ours, which he was more than willing to support, but if we did not ask, if could have take us much longer to have children.
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr Garguilo is a warm and caring doctor. He states facts and statistics, but in a kind and positive way.
I do not remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Marsha)
Marsha and Carrie were the two nurses who cared for me through the four cycles. They are amazing, smart, compassionate, and on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The clinic was great: staff was friendly and competent; facility was clean; and hours for appointments was amenable to my schedule. There really were no weaknesses of this clinic. I always felt welcome and well cared for.
Most of mine was covered by insurance with the exception of genetic testing of embryos, of which I paid about $8000 out of pocket.
Describe Antonio Gargiulo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
His philosophy of transferring only one genetically normal embryo at a time is the right one. I willingly transferred two, which he supported, but only after 2 prior failed FETs.
What specific things went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Stratham

I truly can’t say enough about Dr. Gargiulo. He and his team were amazing from start to finish. We’re so grateful that he was able to perform my surgery, and that we’re one step closer to becoming parents!...He has a very full schedule, but is worth the wait!...I had uterine fibroids that if not removed would’ve prevented pregnancy. He performed a laparoscopic myomectomy, without any issues. I have recovered well, and will hopefully be transferring two embryos this summer!
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He has a very full schedule, but is worth the wait!
Dr. Gargiulo was so kind, patient and caring. He spent time with me and my husband at the consults before surgery, the day of, and at our post-op. During this time he thoroughly explained everything, answered our questions and gave us hope!
They were wonderful. So kind and helpful, such a great nursing team!
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This is a great clinic! They care about how you’re doing physically and mentally. Ready to answer any question, I left messages on two separate occasions and received a call back within 20 minutes each time.

2009 - 2013
2009 - 2013
How was your experience with Antonio Gargiulo at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Felt my concerns about high twin rate weren't taken that seriously. Felt he was overly optimistic about male-factor issues, in an effort to be reassuring. Pleasant personality. Appointments felt rushed, had to come in with a list of questions to make sure they got answered. Only saw him at the commencement of treatment each time.
Chaotic hospital environment, practice often running late. Doctor was empathetic but nurses more business-like. Efficient but not very warm. Always returned calls. Cramped city offices, difficult parking and labs in labyrinthine basement.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Susan Fischer)
Trusted her and responsive but not very warm.