Anupama Kathiresan

10250 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90067
424.321.7051

1 patient review filtered by:

She [Dr. Kathiresan] was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.... 1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They [CORM] told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
She was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
If you have a complex case she perhaps may not be the best fit since I don’t find she thinks outside the box.
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13. Trigger that day. Tested out trigger at home and after 3 days of negatives I had 3 days of positives but the nurses said no betas until 14 dpo. By that point tests were lightening again. Beta of ~3. No follow up to see if it was rising or falling. Just told to stop progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
We’re always sweet but sometimes didn’t know what was going on
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper. They had also said the cost for a cycle capped out at the $1100 so If I ended up needed the full package i didn’t pay more. It seems like I always got a different answer depending on who I spoke to. I got the impression that things were done a certain way and that was not open for change on a case by case basis. I feel like the management prioritises profits over patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
1100 for a basic timed intercourse cycle 1900 for an IUI 13,900 for ivf before any transfers
What specific things went wrong at CORM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
When requested and paid for my full record was not provided to me. It was missing the surgical report from my hysteroscopy. And my other office visits besides my initial consult.
Anupama Kathiresan