5.1

U of Cincinnati

April Batcheller works at

6565 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435

Dr. Batcheller took the time to review my history and my failed transfers from my previous clinic before meeting with us. She also prepared her opinion of our case and give us options to what she believes will help us to be successful with the up coming IVF cycle. She listen for our opinion and very open....Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them [CCRM Minneapolis]. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a patient I feel like Dr. Batcheller did really took the time and effort to review my history and go over our treatment plan. Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't loose HOPE until you see Dr. Batcheller.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Too early. We just finished our consultation, done labs and ultrasound. Still need a hysteroscopy and regroup before we can start IVF treatments
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Haven't start my cycle so can't really say much about the nurses there which I haven't really met them beside the ultrasound technician and the lab lady. They both seem very nice.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly. New patient would need to know every visit, you must prepaid before you can be seen or do treatment if you're out of pocket. This make my feel awkward and dislike clinic for this reason.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
Consultation $205 Labs $1083 Ultrasound $397 Hysteroscopy $970 Regroup $224 IVF Pack $15104 Anesthesia $475 Annual Storage $408 PICSI $408 FET package $4208
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
No comments. Didn't get that far yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing really wrong, I just feel like they need to change their billing approach for service to be billed after service and not the same day or before before treatments. Beside that, the nurse need to be scheduled us in appropriately in timely manner with our cycle test since these tests are time sensitive. Don't want to keep on delaying for just doing tests.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. ... She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. ... We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding. ... We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller made is feel comfortable and confident throughout the process. She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy. We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
Ask as many questions as you have. She'll answer them all. But doesn't necessarily bring things up if you don't ask. She brings up the things that are medically important. But maybe not extra things that might be important to crazy infertiles lIke us!
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding.
My AMH was .05 and AFC around 4 when I first saw Dr B. She suggested we start with a medicated IUI. I did triple Menopur for 14 days and had 1-2 follicles. It was not successful. Given my poor response and low AMH/AFC she suggested we either do multiple rounds of IVF with high doses of stims and CCS testing bto hopefully get 1-2 normal embryos if we wanted to it my own eggs or move on to donor eggs. We opted for donor eggs. Knowing we wanted more than one child. The cost of using my own eggs would be too high.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
We had a lot of trouble with our first nurse. They were just getting the donor program started and things seemed a little unorganized. We just didn't click with our first nurse. She was not very compassionate and dropped the ball a few times (in our opinion). When they added a second nurse to the donor program, Gina, they switched is to her. It was a much better fit. She was very kind and compassionate. And took the time we needed. I did have to have a conversation with the nursing staff about remembering that we are coming in with trauma related to Infertility that requires some extra attention. We need a little more hand holding through this process sometimes. And that this is a big deal for us even if it's their every day work.
Our Dr strongly encouraged eSET and we agreed.
April Batcheller
The doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient...My IUIs were simple, honestly. 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, testing on day 10, after which it was decided how to proceed. Low dose of Ovidrel trigger, IUI 36 hours later. Still going through IVF, though, so can't say, but she put me on an antagonist protocol bc of suspected PCOS.
I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" [at CCRM Minneapolis] that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket...the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos...Biggest weakness is their weak schedule and the difficulty contacting anyone but a nurse for good information. Scheduling is weeks out and they don't make that clear before you're up to pay. Good is that they have stupid high success rates and the doctor is fabulous. They also take some insurances.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The doctor is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient.
Start early!
She's just a really sweet person, and understands how you feel. She's also very willing to work with you to have a plan you want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Melissa, then Dana)
Melissa was amazing, would love to work with her again. Dana has been a nightmare. She's snippy, insulting, and seems to be looking down on me and I don't really like working with her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I had insurance, so they were modest, but I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket. All so the therapist could scare my donor and I on shit we already discussed.
My doctor is convinced I will have a highly successful egg retrieval based on my previous responses to lighter medication. Based on my lining, she suggested no more than 1 embryo transferred at a time unless I specifically wanted twins. Furthermore, the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was supposed to complete my blood work. I already had some of it done, but all the wrong blood work was ordered and it just didn't make any sense. Furthermore they kept losing my blood work from my GP I was supposed to be prescribed a med and I had to call after hours to get a prescription for it. Furthermore, they didn't tell me that the sperm count from the donor had been low after they unfroze it, wasting my first IUI, until literally the day before my second IUI. The doctor was out on leave so I don't blame her, but it was a damn mess.
Edina
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money.... I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well.... The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly....
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller has been great. She was involved in all parts of the process and all of the procedures. She wants to make sure that you understand all of the numbers and will give you honest advice to help you with the most likely outcome to produce the results you're looking for.
I'd like to know more details about why which protocol was chosen and why my initial IVF protocol most likely failed. I feel like that information wouldn't have had me looking for information online and I would have had more confidence going into IVF cycle #2.
Dr Batcheller sat us down and really explained what was going on and what she thought our chances were. She put together an aggressive plan and when we found out IUIs weren't going to work we immediately changed course so we wouldn't waste our money. She again was open and honest about our chances and we've enjoyed having someone we felt like we could talk to.
I started with low ovarian reserve and some male factor infertility. Our initial plan was to try 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. After one round of IUI on clomid we discovered my husbands sperm wasn't "washing" well and diminished his count to unusable numbers. Dr Batcheller then told us that future IUIs would probably have similar results and that we should look at IVF next. Because of low ovarian reserve I was started on a Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (lupron twice a day with 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F). After about 8 days it was determined my follicles weren't responding correctly to the stim drugs and our cycle was cancelled. We're currently in a modified protocol that has the same 2 vials of Menopur and 300 Gonal F with 5 days of Saizen (HGH).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff is your direct contact. Even though you're initially given a primary nurse they do share responsibilities with giving out information and responding to questions. All have been very helpful but you do have to be your own advocate to make sure meds get ordered and they get ordered correctly. The on-call/after hours nurse system has been great to use and very responsive when needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM - Minneapolis is a very small clinic. You end up getting to know all of the clinic's employees very well. Most appointments are early in the morning to allow you to get to work without much disruption. Make sure you know the meds you're taking so when you're ordering you make sure it's correct.
My insurance covered CCRM for basic testing and screening. IVF was not covered except for a $5K lifetime max that didn't include meds. I believe an IVF cycle is about $15k without meds through CCRM.
We haven't gotten to this point yet. However, due to my low ovarian reserve and difficulty growing follicles Dr Batcheller recommended doing multiple embroys if given the opportunity.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had to order additional stim meds since my dose was increased however the prescription wasn't sent to the pharmacy. I had to call the on-call nurse who called in the prescription while I was at the pharmacy.
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.
Edina

She [Dr. April Barcheller] will make you feel at ease...She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me...She seems very busy...AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing...Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval.
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
She will make you feel at ease.
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.