5.1

April Batcheller works at

6565 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435

How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller herself will tell you that she specializes in caring for those who have had multiple failed cycles. When we came to her we were broken, we had done 9 IUI's and 2 IVF's with zero success. We went to her just to get a second opinion to see if we should stop and move onto adoption. Dr Batcheller had new ideas, was way more aggressive gave us the confidence to try again. While it still took her 2 rounds of IVF to get us pregnant, we didn't hesitate to do that second round as she had new ideas and was so confident in them. As a result I'm pregnant with twin boys and have 9 more embryos in the freezer waiting for us to expand in the future. I trust her implicitly with my care- she is a brilliant doctor on the cutting edge of research!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller is a straight shooter yet compassionate so you will love her from the start. Once your treatment has started however you don't see Dr Batcheller personally each visit but know that she is the only one creating your care plan and that she is constantly monitoring and adjusting your cycle if need be to get the best results! She will likely push you for a freeze all cycle...it's hard to be patient but it was so worth it in the end! This approach allows her to be more aggressive with your meds and will ultimately be a huge benefit to you in the end!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
April has incredible bedside manner as well as an ability to be very candid in her plans. She was always gentle in how she talked with us but also never gave false hope. Her care for my husband and I was personally tailored to us and I always felt that she was doing everything in her power to help us achieve our goals. I love that she incorporates both holistic medicine along side of her treatment plans!
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
My husband and I had a lot of obstacles to overcome so we were on a very aggressive protocol. We used lupron each cycle as I produce a lot of eggs...55 my last cycle her clinic record :) For my cycle we used a combination of saizen which is a med to help egg quality- cetrotide, vivelle patches, menopur and follistim which was about 15 days of injectable meds. I was in for monitoring 5 times during that period which was always quick and easy. Dr Batcheller favors freeze all cycles because she swims very hard typically and there was no way my body could handle a transfer at that point. My last cycle I produced 55 eggs (with previous clinics I was lucky to get 20), 37 were mature, 32 fertilized and 10 top grade embryos were frozen. We then went on to do a frozen embryo transfer 3 months later (we could have done it sooner but opted to wait). Because of my previous failed transfers again Dr Batcheller made sure we did everything possible for success. I went on Depot Lupron injections for 2 months leading up to the transfer. I then did a combination of Vivelle patches, progesterone shots and suppositories 3 times daily and she added an anti-hystimine protocol of meds to be absolutely sure my body wasn't attacking the babies. We transferred two 5 day top grade embryos that resulted in a successful twin pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Maria Patch )
All of the nurses at CCRM Minneapolis are amazing but I was so lucky to work with Maria Patch. She is so knowledgable and comforting. She gave great advice and was super quick to respond to messages. CCRM Minneapolis uses an online message portal and when I asked questions I got a response within the hour most of the time. The nurses at CCRM Minneapolis were so much more than nurses, they became like family to me. In fact I have stayed in contact with several and they are still cheering us on through this pregnancy. I miss seeing them regularly and wish I could have doctored all the way through delivery with that team!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM Minneapolis is located in Edina...it is very easy to get to and occupies it's own floor within the bigger building they are in. I loved that privacy. They also make sure to separate their appointments-if you are trying to get pregnant you are seen in the early morning, if you have achieved pregnancy with them and are still being monitored (they see you through 10 weeks or so) then you come a little later. This compassion to not be sitting in a waiting room seeing a pregnant person meant a lot to me. As of right now the hardest thing about CCRM Minneapolis is they do not accept insurance. You pay them upfront for the cycle and then submit claims to your insurance company-this is super tedious and a hassle but trust me WORTH IT! That's how good this team is! I think the biggest advantage is their state of the art lab and top notch embryologist. Not every clinic has a full time embryologist, they do. Dr Vasser is as important in this journey as Dr Batcheller. She is an incredible embryologist and was a huge part of our success! All of our embryos were top grade-that was not the case with other clinics!
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
Our freeze all IVF cycle for just treatment was around $11,000 plus medications that were about $7,000. Our embryo transfer was around $3,500 and then the OB care after we were pregnant was $1,200. The meds for the transfer through the first 3 months of pregnancy were about $4,000. Dr Batcheller is very picky about using certain brands of drugs vs generics which did add to the price a bit, however her reasoning made sense and was worth the extra in the end.
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM Minneapolis does favor single embryo transfers as their success rates are so high and it does lower the risk. In my case we had so many failures Dr Batcheller agreed that transferring two was the best approach but she did caution me that it would likely result in twins...and it did :) In future transfers I will likely only be transferring 1 at a time as we such great quality embryos as a result of their amazing embryologist and lab!
Edina
when I did need to see our doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] for unexpected questions, she made herself available. That was important to me bc at the time, she was the only RE who worked at that clinic so I know she’s always busy...Dr. Batcheller put all of the risks and downsides to everything before we decided to do anything. We were torn about doing the genetic testing and she gave us reasons to do it and reasons why it’s not always necessary rather than just telling us to do it.
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular [at CCRM Minneapolis]...I was unfortunately overstimulated after my egg retrieval but they took such good care and sent me to ER and followed up constantly...She [nurse] was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!...When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
You will be treated by such an intelligent, warm, and positive person who honestly has your best interest in you.
We were mainly being seen by our nurse, Jill, on the regular. But when I did need to see our doctor for unexpected questions, she made herself available. That was important to me bc at the time, she was the only RE who worked at that clinic so I know she’s always busy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill radke)
She was awesome. Always communicating through phone, and patient portals!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They were awesome and communicated so well. When I was having hard days, they would let me and let me cry and explained things thoroughly. Through such a tough journey, they made me feel good and comfortable.
We wanted to do multiple embryo transfer but the clinic and dr advised to do one bc their goal was for us to have a single healthy baby and they said the chances of both eggs holding were almost just as successful as a singleton transfer. They weren’t even telling me it was just about putting in two eggs but how hard it will be to carry twins, deliver, and take care or aftRewards. We still wanted to do 2 and they said they would let us but wanted to make sure we knew that we would probably have twins, which we did!
Edina
For those that might want hand holding of the Dr at every appointment that probably isn't what Dr B[atcheller] will do but I never once felt like she was unreachable or wasn't guiding the process. She was great from consult to stims to retrieval to transfer to releasing us to our OB...She seemed so human. She was warm, caring, and smart. She was always there...even though I didn't see her every visit (not needed either) she was there for all the important things and even sometimes just there to touch base.
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as [Dr. Batcheller at CCRM] wanted to know me...I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She seemed so human. She was warm, caring, and smart. She was always there...even though I didn't see her every visit (not needed either) she was there for all the important things and even sometimes just there to touch base. For those that might want hand holding of the Dr at every appointment that probably isn't what Dr B will do but I never once felt like she was unreachable or wasn't guiding the process. She was great from consult to stims to retrieval to transfer to releasing us to our OB.
From consult day 1 I felt like the staff - Front Desk and Nurses as well as Dr B. wanted to know me. I was eager to get started right away and even timed my 1st consult with the day 3 testing in mind (not knowing if I would be accepted as a patient or not) and Dr. B got me going on the next steps during the consult. She could have pushed me off to the future but was willing to work with me. She also understood that we were driving 5 plus hours 1 way for appointments with her and CCRM and did her best to make the most of every trip we made down (including setting up a special time for us to learn about injections etc instead of attending a group session). She seemed to be thoughtful about reading what had been done previously and addressing concerns I had from when I was doing IUI's before coming to CCRM. She also was reasonable and excited about our possibility of success. She also seemed to work ALL the time...she was there on weekends etc she didn't hand off the duty to someone else...she was always there if needed. She even said she was going on her first vacation (which was only like 2 weeks long) since she had started the CCRM location in MN...I felt happy for her that she was making a point to take care of herself as much as she was taking care of us.
(OCP Antagonist - BCP) CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts that were day 5's 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl- We didn't learn this until after we had already transferred as CCRM's policy changed) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Really I had a great experience with front desk (Hamdi use to answer the phone with pretty much every call and that meant a lot...I hear that isn't the case now), nurses, those drawing blood, ultrasound and more. From the moment I reached out to them about costs sheets to when they were saying good by to me as they transferred me to my OB they were warm, welcoming, friendly, personable, empathetic, funny, and easy to work with. I would say its just like any place you get medical care you do have to advocate for yourself, keep track of things, research, and ask questions if things don't seem right but overall I had a great experience. I would encourage anyone looking to go here to have patience and to remember that these people are human too (which can be hard when something so precious is on the line and the $$ being spent). I would say once our retrieval and stims were done it felt a little less attentive (but really they don't need to be as attentive either). When I felt like I was having a crises after I had been released from there care they still took my phone call and were super quick and helpful at responding even contacting Dr. B and asking her some questions on my behalf. It was actually hard to leave them and our regular ultrasounds after we had success and were transitioning to a OB - becoming a normal pregnant person was a hard transition after such focused care. The embryologist was a little intense but honestly long as she is good at doing the lab work (which she rocks at) I didn't need her to be warm and fuzzy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Lab, CCRM Colorado's Lab and CCRM Big $ and innovation being shared with CCRM - Minneapolis, Dr. B, Nurses that are with you from beginning to end, CCRM vitamin lists, No stress around BMI (mine was around 38) and age, ability to get me started right away and no cohorts of ivf timing. Weaknesses: Costs $$$$, Website being generic for all CCRM's Something I would have wanted to know...I would have only filled half of my stim med order (long as I could have the other half filled in full ASAP) as what you may end up needing isn't always what you are prescribed...as in I was prescribed more with the thought that I might need more but ended up not using A LOT of the meds due to dosage changes and so I had a lot of extra meds left over (which means a lot of money spent that wasn't used). Also knowing how warm everyone was and as a person that was nervous about my BMI being an issue that it wasn't even brought up. That I was welcomed into CCRM. Also that they have sorta evolving policies. I was able to know the gender of our embryos after transfer but that now your allowed to know in advance. You are also allowed to give a sex preference (but only if your embryos are of equal quality). Also I guess something that none of us wants to hear...that after all of the money and time and energy that sometimes success doesn't happen. I have only heard really wonderful things from other patients attending at the same time as me about Dr. B showing up and really making a point to help be someone to lean on during that bad news, or in that crises, but that she is also willing to adapt and find new ways to help if possible.
Overall we paid roughly 35k (including IVF/Frozen Transfer, Acupuncture day of transfer, stim meds, transfer meds, post transfer meds, meds for the first 8 + weeks of pregnancy, some monitoring off site) plus (lodging/travel) 2016 Estimate of charges for: In Vitro Fertilization with CCS Testing PACKAGE PRICE CANNOT BE BROKEN APART Ultrasounds for Monitoring 76857 $800 Nursing Time Coordination (Retrieval) 98960 $750 Nursing Time Coordination (FET) 98960 $350 Retrieval of Oocyte 58970 $1,000 Transfer of Embryo 58974 $800 Ultrasound for Retrieval 76948 $180 Ultrasound for Transfer 76856 $180 Surgical Suite for Retrieval UB-92 $1,250 Surgical Suite for Transfer UB-92 $350 Clinical Lab Package $1,500 Includes Estradiol, Progesterone, LH, HCG, Blood Draw Sperm Isolation with Semen Analysis 89261 $300 Oocyte Identification 89254 $700 Culture and Fertilization 89250 $1,200 Embryo Transfer Prep 89255 $400 Assisted Hatching 89253 $500 Extended Culture 89272 $450 Embryo Cryopreservation 89258 $1,000 ICSI 89280 $1,500 Embryo Thaw 89352 $400 Embryo Biopsy 89290 $1,500 CCS Testing (Fertility Genetics) Includes 4 to 6 embryos $1,700 CCS Shipping Fees $250 Initial Pregnancy test HCG, Estradiol, Progesterone and lab draw fee $325 Total $17,385 **ADDITIONAL SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE** Anesthesia/Paid to Allied Anesthesia $475 check only Medication paid to Pharmacy Varies Cyst Aspiration $400 Annual embryo storage fee $400 Back-up sperm freeze $250 Sperm Thaw $200 Oocyte Activation $400 PICSI (used with ICSI) (Not billable to insurance) $400 MESA, Testes Biopsy, PESA, microdissection Varies
She seemed willing to let us do 1 or 2 but recommended 1. We also agreed to 1 (though did a lot of thinking on it) as we live far from a hospital that could provide care for infants/children with needs. Also the delivery hospital would be 2 hours away. I was also concerned about my ability to really give a quality life experience to my child and also for me and my husband if we had more than 1 child at a time. After all the time of trying to make family I really wanted to enjoy the experience as best as we all could. Also I was concerned about additional medical issues that I might have if carrying 2. EVEN with just the 1 transferred our first ultrasound showed 2 sacs (only 1 with a pole in it). So even when transferring just 1 it is possible to get twins etc.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing is flawless...they are humans. Any challenges we had didn't feel unreasonable even if frustrating for a moment.
Edina

We started seeing dr batcheller for unexplained infertility. We started with injections for an iui. After the iui was unsuccessful, we started another round of injections (slightly increasing dosages) as we planned on another iui. After one of our ultrasounds we realized that I was making too many follicles for an iui. We ultimately switched to an ivf cycle and ended up with 16 eggs, 5 fertilized embryos, 4 viable (after genetic testing), 2 were transferred (we have 2 left), and (after all that) 1 baby!
The majority of the care team [at CCRM Minneapolis] was wonderful. There was one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of (I don’t remember her name, but she didn’t seem as detail oriented and always rushed us through appointments)...Strengths would include the communication and transparency of information, being treated like an actual person instead of a number, and for us, the exact outcome we hoped for a baby. The only weaknesses would be trying to get through the phone lines (would often need to call several times to get through) and the one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of. Overall we had an excellent experience.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She did a great job explaining everything, Was completely approachable, and made you feel at ease. She made us feel valued and that we (and what we were going through) mattered. At one point we needed to adjust our treatment from an iui to ivf and we felt completely comfortable under her direction.
Don’t hesitate, just go for it. It’s all worth it.
Dr Batcheller and her staff were warm, friendly and engaging. They always remembered who you were.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret)
The majority of the care team was wonderful. There was one nurse/ultrasound tech that we weren’t fond of (I don’t remember her name, but she didn’t seem as detail oriented and always rushed us through appointments).
I believe the total cost for both the iui and ivf was just under $30000
Edina

[Dr. Batcheller's] bedside manner was impeccable, always caring and patient. I never felt rushed or uneasy in anyway. We could tell she felt the importance of each case. She lighted the mood with just her smile. After meeting with her one time I knew with out a doubt she was going to be able to help us finally have a family! Best decision I’ve ever made!...We used a very standard protocol. She did lots of tests first to each all hormone levels etc, I felt she had a good understanding of my body and what would work best.
easy to schedule appointments [at CCRM Minneapolis]. Business office was a little slow to process some requests and answer questions. Make sure you ask for copies of everything. Keep records yourself and cross check with the business office. I found a few items we were changed twice for. Have a good understanding of what your insurance might cover. They don’t contract with many insurance companies so you will likely be submitting your own insurance claims. Also submit all your claims, even if you think you don’t have coverage, you never know what your insurance company will cover! When in doubt ask questions!!! Bring another person with you to make sure you are both understanding the same thing, you don’t want any billing surprises
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was wonderful, very knowledgeable, explained all our options and very honest. She had a large case load so she could be slow to respond to questions through the nurse portal. She was encouraging yet very realistic. She had facts to back up her thoughts and treatment plans. Her bedside manner was impeccable, always caring and patient. I never felt rushed or uneasy in anyway. We could tell she felt the importance of each case. She lighted the mood with just her smile. After meeting with her one time I knew with out a doubt she was going to be able to help us finally have a family! Best decision I’ve ever made!
Ask lots of questions!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
When I was at the clinic the case loaf was quickly growing. I saw many different nurses. They were calm and organized. When I had questions they were mostly quick to respond. A few times I had to e mail or call a few times to get an answer. They seemed to have a good understanding of the medication and protocol. Always had a smile on their face and seemed to love their job.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strong science, easy to schedule appointments. Business office was a little slow to process some requests and answer questions. Make sure you ask for copies of everything. Keep records yourself and cross check with the business office. I found a few items we were changed twice for. Have a good understanding of what your insurance might cover. They don’t contract with many insurance companies so you will likely be submitting your own insurance claims. Also submit all your claims, even if you think you don’t have coverage, you never know what your insurance company will cover! When in doubt ask questions!!! Bring another person with you to make sure you are both understanding the same thing, you don’t want any billing surprises
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
Super easy to schedule, always had openings early in the morning.
She told me specifically in my case, transferring more then one embryo wouldn’t increase my chance of getting pregnant it would only increase my chance of multiples. We went with a single transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
One time a nurse forgot to call with blood work results, but it was an honest mistake.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] was engaged in every part of my treatment. She completed all ultrasounds and often answered the phone herself after hours for emergency questions...I credit Dr Batchelor's focus on embryo screening and newer technology to my successful treatment. She is professional, personable and so hard working...Her practice is focused on your success and not just their statistics...I was amazed at the personal treatment I received from the very start as a patient in a brand new practice.
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this...The nursing staff was a bit inconsistent, which I attribute to bring a brand new practice. I didn't have a strong 1x1 relationship with any particular nurse, but it didn't matter because Dr. Batchellor was so involved and accessible...Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I credit Dr Batchelor's focus on embryo screening and newer technology to my successful treatment. She is professional, personable and so hard working. I was amazed at the personal treatment I received from the very start as a patient in a brand new practice.
Her practice is focused on your success and not just their statistics. You are in great hands with a Dr that has clearly dedicated themselves to helping others in such an amazing way.
I saw Dr Batchelor when she first started her practice and she was engaged in every part of my treatment. She completed all ultrasounds and often answered the phone herself after hours for emergency questions.
I do not recall a lot of specifics of the treatment protocol. I chose to spend the extra investment on CCS or PGS and I'm quite certain that is what I can accredit my success with one cycle, single embryo transfer. Additionally her clinic treated me with a high BMI, without hesitation where other clinics have BMI cut offs that seemingly only serve to protect their success rates.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic was a great new facility and was very nice. Billing was a bit difficult as they were new when I was being treated and they did not have any insurance contracts at that time, but I was made aware of this when I first met with Dr Batchellor.
$18,000 package covered retrieval, transfer, ultrasounds ,PGS/CCS etc. drugs were separate.
Dr. Batchellor was a strong proponent of set, but she was able to offer technology and success rates to compensate justify the approach.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] knew that this was our "last chance" cycle and put her heart into fighting for us. She was familiar with us at every visit, coming in on weekends to do ultrasounds and personally stepping in to do even the "small tasks" like taking a blood pressure or making copies of forms for us. She left no stone unturned and wanted this for us as much as we did. She was compassionate, kind, caring, funny, and incredibly personable, yet professional.... She validated concerns I had from prior cycles even before I had mentioned them. I was incredibly impressed with how she handled my questions. She has solid reasoning for what she does and why, but is willing to take your thoughts and opinions into consideration and compromise if you feel strongly about an issue. Dr. Batcheller is a truly fantastic doctor.
The nurses [at CCRM Minneapolis] are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions...I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I can't say enough about Dr. Batcheller! She knew that this was our "last chance" cycle and put her heart into fighting for us. She was familiar with us at every visit, coming in on weekends to do ultrasounds and personally stepping in to do even the "small tasks" like taking a blood pressure or making copies of forms for us. She left no stone unturned and wanted this for us as much as we did. She was compassionate, kind, caring, funny, and incredibly personable, yet professional. We had seen other doctors up to this point, but had never received the type of care as we did with Dr. Batcheller. She validated concerns I had from prior cycles even before I had mentioned them. I was incredibly impressed with how she handled my questions. She has solid reasoning for what she does and why, but is willing to take your thoughts and opinions into consideration and compromise if you feel strongly about an issue. Dr. Batcheller is a truly fantastic doctor.
Make the appointment! Bring your questions - you will never feel rushed as she answers your questions.
From our first consultation, Dr. Batcheller knew our names and didn't have to reference a chart. In fact, she didn't even have our chart pulled up at first and she spoke about our case as someone who had clearly reviewed it prior to our appointment and became incredibly familiar with us.
Retrieval. PGD tested and then a frozen cycle to transfer 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret )
The nurses are excellent! I appreciated knowing a few of them went through the process themselves and their compassion shone through. The nursing team handled all calls the same day and utilized the patient portal for simple questions. I appreciated that all beta blood work was run same day and that Dr. Batcheller would call with the results herself, giving me a chance to ask any questions. The nurses were excellent in helping coordinate prescriptions. Often times at other clinics we were responsible to coordinate our own prescriptions, but here the nurses would do the faxing and assist with finding the best priced medication. At one point, the medication I needed was unavailable due to a shortage, and the nurse called around, finding it for me from a pharmacy in Florida, and had it overnighted to my house.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic is newer and is still working through some bumps, however, it doesn't impact the care you receive. The clinic is not in network with any insurance companies, however the billing representative Melissa makes sure to provide you with everything you need to submit to your insurance company after every appointment. I do wish we had gotten a summary of how much items would cost us out of pocket after we got pregnant, as all of the beta's and ultrasounds added up quickly. The parking is free and easy to find, and the waiting room offers beverages and has music playing. I like that they break the AM and PM up with patients who are trying to get pregnant and patients who have had success, making it a sensitive place for all. The wait times are minimal, if at all, and the practice is small, making it possible for everyone to know you, from the phlebotomist to the nursing assistant.
Costs were competitive within the Twin Cities. About $16,000 for a freeze all, PGD tested cycle, not including medication.
This was our 5th transfer total, 1st with her, and 1st using PGD tested embryos. We decided to transfer two due to having had 7 embryos fail in the past and being unsure if it was an embryo issue or uterine issue. Both stuck and we welcomed our twins in May 2017.
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] is extremely passionate both about the science and the human side of infertility treatments. She never shied away from explaining treatments, options and limits, as well as expressing her recommendations (which might not have been what we would have picked, but turned out for the best)...I was set on the following: vivelle patches, then cetrotide; then gonal F / follistim + menopur; Lupron for the egg retrieval. then day 5 embryo frozen transfer after genetic testing (6 weeks later)
the entire staff [at CCRM] knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly...total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k...very open and caring very supportive (including with boxes of tissues when needed!)
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller is young and the clinic was still fairly new (<1 year at this location). She is extremely passionate both about the science and the human side of infertility treatments. She never shied away from explaining treatments, options and limits, as well as expressing her recommendations (which might not have been what we would have picked, but turned out for the best).
ask ALL your questions. she will answer everything. NO DUMB QUESTION !
the entire staff knew my name and were quick to respond to calls (including teary calls due to stress). I also got to know the staff's names too. The doctor allowed calls to explain things again and again, which was so helpful. even the finance team was understanding and friendly and arrangeing.
Since i was responding well to injectables (from failed IUIs at another clinic), I was set on the following: vivelle patches, then cetrotide; then gonal F / follistim + menopur; Lupron for the egg retrieval. then day 5 embryo frozen transfer after genetic testing (6 weeks later)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
the initial price tag can be overwhelming. we got lucky that my insurance ended up covering pieces of treatments here and there (such as blood work, some ultrasounds etc) so it helped.
total with medication + clinic + follow ups about USD 23k
Dr wouldn't do multiple embryo transfer, as in her mind they carry higher risks (both for transfer and pregnancy, as well as increased risk of multiples) we only had one viable embryo, so we didn't have any decision/ arguments on it.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller and her staff in Edina also have very high standards that can be seen and felt. You can feel her dedication and passion for what she does...Dr. Batcheller was honest and open after it failed (it's difficult when a reason can't be pinpointed) and suggested we do an antihistamine wash next time and said it's not an approach she would have taken the first time. When all said and done We doctored with Dr. Batcheller from Jan. 16 - Dec. 16 with the result of a current pregnancy. We could physically see the growth within the clinic. She and her staff are doing great things! We hands down felt like we had the best care possible. If we should need to do IVF again in the future we will be Seeing Dr. Batcheller...
We started with CCRM Jan '16, six months after they had fist opened. I feel right away there were a few kinks and processes the clinic was still working through, which can be expected. From the time I started going to CCRM the staff has grown as business has noticeably increased. Everyone single person I've interacted with at with the clinic was understanding, compassionate, caring, and genuine. Never having gone through IVF, I felt everyone was there for me, cheering me on along the way. You can see and feel the high standards CCRM and Dr. Batcheller have set...
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Our initial consultation was a lot to digest and process, but she was understanding and willing to answer all of our questions. After our first consultation we knew we were going to be in great hands. CCRM has a great reputation in the industry with very high standards. Dr. Batcheller and her staff in Edina also have very high standards that can be seen and felt. You can feel her dedication and passion for what she does. One thing we did have an issue with was understanding is why we didn't qualify for the asure program. It took a lot of digging and phone calls to understand the reasoning which could have been easily communicated the beginning of our treatment (in our case male factor excluded us from qualifying). We attributed this to the growing pains of a new office and staff. We chose to go straight to IVF because of a morphology issue with my husband. After discussing our issue with becoming pregnant on our own, we were told CCRM Edina clinics' IVF success rate is/was 88% (which is very high). We also chose to do ICIS, genetic screening, acupuncture, and a frozen transfer. So technically our success rate should have been slightly higher than 88%. When our first frozen transfer failed we were devastated and felt almost like we were a little misled in realizing that it can also fail. We almost had a false sense of security that it would work. We felt like there was little discussion about the possibility of it not working. Looking back it was also us being a little naïve as well. Dr. Batcheller was honest and open after it failed (it's difficult when a reason can't be pinpointed) and suggested we do an antihistamine wash next time and said it's not an approach she would have taken the first time. When all said and done We doctored with Dr. Batcheller from Jan. 16 - Dec. 16 with the result of a current pregnancy. We could physically see the growth within the clinic. She and her staff are doing great things! We hands down felt like we had the best care possible. If we should need to do IVF again in the future we will be Seeing Dr. Batcheller.
Take your time with the staff and Dr. batcheller, they are there to answer all question and concerns that you and you partner may have. Know that Dr. Batcheller has your best interest in mind. Going through IVF is difficult emotionally and physically.
IVF is difficult, the staff is always there to answer any questions. They are compassionate and understanding and make you feel like a person not just a number.
We chose to do a frozen IVF cycle (higher success rate). We had our embryo transfer in May '16 and had our 1st frozen transfer in Sep. '16 which resulted in a failure. Our 2nd transfer was Oct. '16 which resulted in a successfully pregnancy. The retrieval was fairly typical medications consisted of doxycycline, estrace, ganirelix, menopur, follistim, dexamethasone, clinics, novarel, and leuprolide. 1st frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, and progesterone in oil. I also did acupunture day of transfer at clinic 2nd frozen transfer medications: birth control, leuprolide, vivelle, aspirin, endometrin, medrol, doxycycline, progesterone in oil, prednisone, pepcid, and claritin. I also did acupunture for six weeks leading up to transfer including day of transfer and after transfer. Second transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM has noticeably high standards. My husband and I knew after our first consultation that we were going to receive the best care from Dr. Batcheller and her team. This process can be trying on you and your partner both mentally and physically, but everyone at CCRM is there to help you through the process as well as cheering you on!
26K plus meds and 6k for a 2nd frozen transfer. I was fortunate that my health insurance coverd my IVF.
Dr. Batcheller my husband and I discussed what would be best for us. My husband and I wanted to try for one baby rather than twins. considering our infertility issue sat with my husband we all agreed transferring one embryo would be our best option.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I had one instance where I received information from a newer nurse that was slightly different that my FET chart. With one after hours phone call it was easily sorted out.

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. B [Batcheller] wanted to tailor our medications to our situation. She listened to our story, and was willing to spend whatever time it took to answer all of our questions. She is accessible and relates to patients on equal ground. She offered many suggestions on how she could potentially help target our specific previous failures...She's compassionate, trustworthy, and obviously extremely smart. After our first meeting with her I walked out of the clinic completely trusting her...
This clinic [CCRM - MN] is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She's going to give you a lot of information so take notes, and ask as many questions as you need.
Dr. B wanted to tailor our medications to our situation. She listened to our story, and was willing to spend whatever time it took to answer all of our questions. She is accessible and relates to patients on equal ground. She offered many suggestions on how she could potentially help target our specific previous failures.
No bcp priming (too suppressive). We ended up skipping the usual estrogen patches/cetrotide priming because my period came early. Started stims with 150 menopur, 300 gonal f, and she added clomid after my first follicle check. Cetrotide after follicles reached 12mm, and a dual hcg/lupron trigger. I had six mature eggs, three fertilized, two made it to blast (4aa and 4bb) and one (the 4aa) was CCS normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Compared to the last clinic we were at, this was a night and day difference (in a good way). The nurses after meeting you once remember you and your name when you came back. They were all SO compassionate and caring, always making conversation with us and getting to know us, and always asking multiple times if we had all our questions answered before leaving/hanging up, etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
This clinic is absolutely amazing. Every staff member, from nurses, to the Dr., the receptionists, the lab techs are so incredibly nice. The other thing that is so refreshing to see is they are so complimentary of each other. Consistently heard at appointments were 'Oh you're seeing Margaret today, she's so awesome, you're in good hands' or 'Dr. B will know what to do she is smart as a whip'. The environment is so incredibly positive.
18k which included retrieval, CCS testing, and one frozen transfer.
Edina

She did all but 2 of my ultrasounds for 2 retrievals. My first retrieval was good. My 2nd resulted in 0 embryos. She sat with me for an hour to discuss my results and listen to my frustration and even said she was sorry for things I didn't understand, although she did nothing wrong. She's competent, compassionate, science-based, with an incredible bedside manner.
They [the staff at CCRM Minneapolis] get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out....About $27,000 per retrieval, including meds. $6000 for transfer including meds. I also elected to do embryo chromosome screening which added $5000.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The clinic is new, so they're still figuring some things out. But take your chances on them - they're worth it. I did find that they're on the more expensive side. However, they specialize in helping older women get pregnant.
Dr. Bachellor is truly a warm, caring and very competent doctor. I saw her nearly every time I went to the clinic. She patiently answered my many, many questions. I never felt rushed by her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica and Maria)
Monica and Maria are both very compassionate, responsive, and knowledgeable. At first, the nursing staff went through a good deal of turnover, which concerned me. I even asked Dr. Bachellor about it. Ing the end, she has very high standards and wants her patients to feel 100% supported. She worked hard to find the right team - and it shows.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They get to know you like a human. From the beginning, they talk about when I'm pregnant and how they will help make that happen. Very positive group but also provided so many hugs when things didn't go well. The clinic is new, so the systems are still getting worried out.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I didn't fully understand that embryos are discarded if they can't be frozen/tested. This was my only hiccup along the way - I was surprised to hear they were discarded, but the procedure was sound. I should have asked more questions about that part of the process too.
2016, Unknown Success
I am really pleased with my care [with Dr. Batcheller]. It's a small clinic, and you have to be your own advocate, but I feel like out of all the clinics in town, this is the only one that I even have a chance of getting pregnant with...She talked to me, she was approachable. She reassured me. I felt like I was in good hands. I had zero confidence in my ability to get pregnant, but she was so assured. I trust her...
[CCRM - MN] Strengths -- the overall results. They tend to schedule a lot of early morning appointments and are committed to getting you in and out. Weaknesses, they don't have a lot of overhead, so you can be standing at the front counter for awhile waiting for service. There seems to be confusion between the ultra sound staff and the nurses, at times...
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I am really pleased with my care. It's a small clinic, and you have to be your own advocate, but I feel like out of all the clinics in town, this is the only one that I even have a chance of getting pregnant with.
I am not sure if this is doctor specific, but I always think it's a good idea to have an understanding of your diagnosis, be your own advocate. You know you better than anyone else. Bring up things. Ask questions. They are really strict on things like not drinking caffeine, but they won't let you know unless you ask. So ask questions.
I did two different types of priming. The first did not work so well, so we adjusted. We also adjusted my stim protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
They are good, but the clinic does not have a lot of overhead. Sometimes they give inconsistent answers, but it's over stuff that is likely personal preference. But again, they won't hold your hand too much. You have to get in front of them if you don't know what to do, and then they are more than willing to help you figure out your next step.
it's expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It was not a big deal. One of my drugs for Stim was not called in, but we caught and got it ordered. I had plenty of time.
Edina

[Dr. Batcheller is] so smart and yet able to explain things in a relatable way. She seems to genuinely care about her patients and remembers details of their stories...She gave me hope and confidence when I was in a vulnerable and scary place...I always felt she cared and knew my story and could even anticipate some of my questions. She was real and down-to-earth yet so caring. I trusted her completely.
[CCRM Minneapolis] is clean and sterile. Not a super personal-feeling vibe but very professional. Typically I never had to wait long to be called back for my appointments. Front-desk staff are polite and to-the-point...Saw my primary nurse at the beginning of our cycle and once in a while after that but not as frequently as I thought I would. Other nurses and the woman who did the follicle monitoring appointments were wonderful!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
You communicate more with the nurses but when I did see or talk to Dr. B., I always felt she cared and knew my story and could even anticipate some of my questions. She was real and down-to-earth yet so caring. I trusted her completely.
You may not see her in person a lot but when you do you will feel how much she cares about you and helping you have a baby!
She’s so smart and yet able to explain things in a relatable way. She seems to genuinely care about her patients and remembers details of their stories. She’s a little goofy, so knows when to make things light and knows when to get down to business. She gave me hope and confidence when I was in a vulnerable and scary place.
Protocol 5 with CCRM, which I believe is one of their heavy-hitting protocols for DOR. No HGH. One retrieval produced 13 eggs and 5 Day 5 embryos. Two tested PGS-normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Clinic is clean and sterile. Not a super personal-feeling vibe but very professional. Typically I never had to wait long to be called back for my appointments. Front-desk staff are polite and to-the-point.
Probably around $20,000 total
Edina

Dr. Batcheller was very warm and I always felt like she really cared about our outcome. She seemed knowledeable with current protocols, she didn't just choose a cookie cutter approach. Before we met with her, we were ready to move onto 3rd party reproduction, but after our consult we decided on one more cycle with her. While we didn't get the outcome we wanted, i.e. a baby, I'd still highly recommend her over any other RE's in MN...A antagonist protocol was used, along with hgh, which resulted in two embryos, one blast and one morula. Unfortunately neither took...Dr. Batcheller really seemed like she cared. I never felt like just a number under her care, which definitely isn't always the case...
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant [at CCRM Minneapolis]...The 2015 pricing for IVF including ICSI was $11,935. Anesthesia was a separate charge of $430...You get a more boutique feel at this clinic, I never felt like just a number there. The only thing that was a little bit of a hassle, was for insurance I had to submit the claim after each visit as their insurance contracts weren't set up yet. Maybe that has been resolved since I've been there however.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
My go to advice for anyone doing IVF is to always be your own advocate. Don't be afraid to question things. Go with your gut.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nursing staff was always very friendly and pleasant.
Edina

Since I have PCOS, we followed a special regimen to accommodate. She [Dr April Batcheller] was also careful to give me lupron as a trigger to help eliminate the risk of OHSS. She was very knowledgeable about the latest and greatest info and was okay tweaking my schedule when I wasn't responding as anticipated. It felt personalized for my specific concerns/issues.
It's newer, so there isn't much of a reputation at this point. Additionally, it did feel more clinical than another local fertility clinic, but I liked that. Everything was new and state-of-the-art...More expensive than other local options, but I feel it was 100% worth it. Our entire IVF FET cycle ended up costing around $26k (including meds)...She [Dr April Batchellor] was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was fantastic. Energetic, caring, and really took the time to explain things to me and answer all of my stupid questions. She's an all-around fantastic person and a very talented doctor.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions- I never felt judged or silly.
The entire clinic was super caring, knew my name, and didn't treat me like a check box. It truly felt like they were invested in my care and wanted success for me as a person.
Since I have PCOS, we followed a special regimen to accommodate. She was also careful to give me lupron as a trigger to help eliminate the risk of OHSS. She was very knowledgeable about the latest and greatest info and was okay tweaking my schedule when I wasn't responding as anticipated. It felt personalized for my specific concerns/issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
They were all fantastic. Monica and Maria were the standouts, giving me hugs and support during treatment. They were knowledgeable and compassionate.
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.
Edina

She [Dr. April Barcheller] will make you feel at ease...She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me...She seems very busy...AMH 2.3. AFC=15. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature. Used birth control followed by antagonist protocol with menopur and gonal F with cetrotide. We decided to do ICSI with CCS testing...Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval.
IVF cycle [at CCRM Minneapolis] typically cost 15,000 without insurance...I like that they are open on the weekends. Everyone is very friendly. Wish I saw the doctor more between consult and egg retrieval. They also are not very forthcoming with information during stim checks. Had to specifically ask my estrogen and progesterone numbers. Never let me look at the screen for my ultrasounds. Which kind of annoyed me.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She is very warm and friendly. Have had only one cycle. Hard to say how she will respond to a second round. Like will she change up protocol? She seems very busy. May need to get another doctor on board.
She will make you feel at ease.
She remembered my name every time and seemed genuinely pleased to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
She seemed a bit harsh at first. I asked her if I could have a placement scan with history of ruptured ectopic and she said no. Later asked the doctor, who was more than willing to ease my anxiety with one.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
we had insurance. We paid CCS testing and money up to deductible and then 20%. IVF cycle typically cost 15,000 without insurance.
I believe she prefers single embryo transfer, especially at my age.
Edina
We were going to do a Fresh transfer [with Dr. Batcheller] but my estrogen levels were too high so we ended up having to do frozen. Both times We did transfer resulting in pregnancy...Conservative and realistic. She only recommenced one [embryo] at a time for us and didn’t push 2...She was very knowledgeable, understanding but professional. She gave us the facts and didn’t get our hopes up when not necessary but was loving in her realistic approach. Dr B always made sure we understood next steps.
All [nurses at CCRM Minneapolis] were so supportive, understanding and professional. And still very loving...Around 32,000 for first testing, retrieval, transfer, meds and ob for First pregnancy. 8,000 for 2nd transfer/testing/meds/on...They are busy so get on the schedule asap. They are also super accommodating if you want to move timing of transfer and work with your schedule. All seem to be invested in your success an sensitive to your needs.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Get scheduled now, don’t wait. You won’t regret even just doing a consult to get her opinion.
I was sad to leave/ move on to my OB. The entire staff made our experience so wonderful and supported.
We were going to do a Fresh transfer but my estrogen levels were too high so we ended up having to do frozen. Both times We did transfer resulting in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margret)
All were so supportive, understanding and professional. And still very loving.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Conservative and realistic. She only recommenced one at a time for us and didn’t push 2.
Edina
Very friendly, welcoming and smile in her [Dr. April Batcheller's] face all the time. She is treating like you as her own family never felt uncomfortable. We are glad that we found our happiness and we thank our mighty and second to the Dr Batcheler....We started from first time on the test. Blood test, hyperscopy and semen analysis. Then we begin medication for the cycle. Then egg retrieval and after 5 days the transfer. All that happened inside 6 months starting from the first day we met this clinic.
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them [CCRM-MN] the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.... The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD... We felt that we received the best care that we were in our mind. The clinic was in his early stages and they were excelent as a profession and as a human perspective.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Very friendly, welcoming and smile in her face all the time. She is treating like you as her own family never felt uncomfortable. We are glad that we found our happiness and we thank our mighty and second to the Dr Batcheler.
Be patient, plan in advance and be supportive to be each other on the couples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Monica )
They know what they doing and very comfortable dealng with them.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Weakness I noticed now is when you called them the switchboard is in Colorado Denver. When I talk to them about it they convinced us they never miss the calls as they got transferred. Thats is the only negative. As the overall they are excellent.
The medical cost is between 25k to 35k USD and none to my insurance
I dont have any comment as I dont have any medical backgrounds. I am happy as long as I do have baby smilng on my face.
April Batcheller

My egg retrieval [with Dr. April Batcheller] failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results... Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy...I remember during the work-up phase she charged for everything. They do not submit to insurance you have to do that yourself...Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable...My egg retrieval failed to have any embryos viable for chromosome testing or transfer and she never called me to explain the results.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller seemed very eager to get us started and very optimistic about a successful IVF cycle for us. We had an uneventful stim and had 9 mature eggs at retrieval I was very confident in her Knowledge and experience shared her optimism. However when only 2 fertilized and zero made it to blastocyte she never called me. The embryologist gave me the bad news. Dr. Batcheller never called to check on me, offer an explanation or talk to me about next steps. I had to call to make a follow up appointment with her. I felt abandoned after the poor retrieval process and didn't feel she cared about me or helping us.
She is busy. Her staff is short handed and very busy. This can be a very emotional process with ups downs and confusion. If you are new to IVF treatments you should know you will feel like you are on your own.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
All the nurses at CCRM were great. They also appeared very busy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Hours are convenient. Staff seems very knowledgeable.
Edina
She's [Dr. Batcheller] a very warm person and remembered a lot about me. She's easy to joke with and was just really easy to trust...After our first egg retrieval was a dud, she empathized with us adequately and then told us what she'd like to do next but never pressured us. I felt like she struck a great balance between letting us vent and be disappointed, and offering solutions... I wish I would have taken her advice with a dose of skepticism....
I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...Just a few little slip ups with forgetting to call with (non important) lab results....The nursing team is awesome; I especially love Margaret. She's so empathetic and kind...,,,Dr. Batcheller is an overly positive doctor, which I love but also is just something to take into consideration when she gives odds and statistics; she gave us great odds and I wish I would have taken her advice with a dose of skepticism.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
After our first egg retrieval was a dud, she empathized with us adequately and then told us what she'd like to do next but never pressured us. I felt like she struck a great balance between letting us vent and be disappointed, and offering solutions. Our second retrieval went TWICE as great as our first one and we now have 3 embryos ready and waiting!
She's a very warm person and remembered a lot about me. She's easy to joke with and was just really easy to trust.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
No idea...I must have blocked this out. Although I do know that CCRM does not bill insurance. You have to bill your own insurance...
Yes, she only transfers two embryos if they have not undergone genetic testing.
Edina

Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time....I have seen nearly all doctors in the twin cities. Dr. Batcheller is hands down the best RE. She tried new techniques with me, was extremely kind and supportive, and is very knowledgable and intelligent. I am so thankful for her. And so happy CCRM is in the twin cities!
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't go anywhere else. Don't waste your time. Yes, CCRM is the most expensive place in town but well worth it. Better to go through less cycles and get it done right the first time.
Dr. Batcheller was the first RE to ever take my opinion into account and was willing to tailor the treatment based on my personal experiences.
CCS/PGS on day 5 embryos, ICSI, frequent blood work and monitoring.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Very kind and knowledgable.
Edina

First impression [of Dr. Batcheller is that] she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates...It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.
you can't even call the Minnesota location [of CCRM] directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do...[nurses are] Horribly unorganized. Also very difficult to get a hold of and get a response from...It was terrible from start to finish. With every interaction, my experience just got worse and worse...Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was very shady. First impression she seemed super nice, friendly, and relatable. But then she proceeded to treat us as a number and statistic rather than as people trying to expand their family. She explicitly told us that her top priority was her clinic's success rates.
Don't go near her
She explicitly told us that her top concern and top priority are her clinic's success rates.
I did an FET, and she had me on birth control pills, then lupron. Then doxycycline, then estrogen and Progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Terrible. First of all, you can't even call the Minnesota location directly. You get routed to a call center in Colorado, who then leaves a message for someone from MN to call you back. And they rarely do.
Our one cycle was mostly covered by insurance, so the cost seemed reasonable.
She was very high pressure and told us we could not do a SET since we were using embryos from another clinic and she couldn't verify their quality, so she told us we had to transfer 2. Though she clearly had the quality grading and all of the information from the previous clinic and could obviously have done more research on them. It took multiple phone calls to convince her that we were not willing to transfer more than one embryo due to the risks. Finally she agreed and we did one eSET.
Edina

Dr. B is compassionate and kind. I felt like she cared about me as a person and a patient. ... You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns. ... Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. ... Clomid and trigger shot for an IUI. Gearing up to do a round of IVF with menopur, cetrotide, and follistim.
Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They [CCRM Minneapolis] need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United ... Billing issues with the business office. Conflicting information from the nurses. ... The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you. ... Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses. ... $20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is amazing. You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns.
Make sure to confirm with the nurse what you heard from Dr. B. Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strength: Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. She is kind and compassionate. Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United
$20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
She’s [Dr. April Batcheller] an excellent communicator with a caring bedside manner. She is also good at boosting your confidence during setbacks and helps build trust by being direct and honest throughout the process. If you provide direct feedback, she will respond judiciously to address concerns.... Dr. Batcheller is an excellent communicator and will provide direct feedback and information on treatment plans, based on individual test results and past treatments.
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic [CCRM Minneapolis-Edina] is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.... Overall they [the nurses] do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She’s an excellent communicator with a caring bedside manner. She is also good at boosting your confidence during setbacks and helps build trust by being direct and honest throughout the process. If you provide direct feedback, she will respond judiciously to address concerns.
Build a positive relationship early. You are going on a long journey together.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Overall they do their best, and some are better than others. Be your own advocate, ask questions and track your care closely. They have heavy patient loads and mistakes are occasionally made.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Overall I experienced a high level of care. The clinic is professional, extremely clean and organized, and staff are friendly, patient, and kind. As with any healthcare, be your own advocate and track your care closely.