Boston IVF

FellowshipUCSD
Boston IVF - Syracuse Fertility Center
5792 Widewaters Parkway
Syracuse, NY 13214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Armando Arroyo to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF to a friend?
He [Dr. Arroyo] answered all my questions and concerns, he even brought questions of his own for me which made me feel like he cared about me as a person...I felt like he understood what I wanted about this treatment, I wanted to be included and feel like a human and not just some random person...was available when I needed. After my miscarriage I went back to see the doctor, 5 months later, and once again he came equipped with all the tools I needed for the new journey ahead.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I first went to see an RE in June 2017 after trying for 2 years with no positive outcomes. My 1st appointment was with Mr. Arroyo and I felt like he understood what I wanted about this treatment, I wanted to be included and feel like a human and not just some random person. Dr. Arroyo answered all my questions and concerns and was available when I needed. After my miscarriage I went back to see the doctor, 5 months later, and once again he came equipped with all the tools I needed for the new journey ahead. He answered all my questions and concerns, he even brought questions of his own for me which made me feel like he cared about me as a person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a wonderful person, do not be afraid to ask questions as there is no stupid question, just unanswered doubts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
CNY makes me feel at home, they know me by name and they know my story. When I call they always answer with a smile on their face and they never cease to amaze me. They are willing to answer all my questions and go over everything my brain can think of.
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When I first started this journey, we started using Femara along with the prenatals, baby aspirin and prednisone, this was done for the 1st 5 iui's which one of them resulted in a pregnancy which later turned into a miscarriage. After the miscarriage, the doctor did not want to do pills anymore as he believe my body would not react the same way so we switched to injectables, Gonal-f and monitoring every other day until at least 1 or 2 follicles were over 18mm then doing another iui. As of today we have included clomid along with injectables to give my body other options since they have not been working up to now.
The nursing staff at CNY Rochester is amazing. I absolutely adore these ladies. They take their time when I am there, they make sure I know all the how's, when's, where's and why's before I leave the office and they have always been available when I've had questions or problems with insurance. They are warm hearted and so kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY Rochester is an amazing clinic, with so many add-on benefits. I love the fact that they open as early as 630am which makes it so much easier for me to go before going to work and they are always available to work around my schedule for iui and bloodworks. I would love for the Rochester site to be able to do more of the surgical procedures as Syracuse is about 90mins away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
After meeting my $3000 deductible all prescriptions and IUI are covered 100%. My insurance covers medications at $70 each as they are 3rd tier medications. An IUI out of pocket would be around $600 without insurance including the sperm wash. So far I have spent around $7000 in a year and half of treatment without doing IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. took the time to discuss protocol, medications, answer questions,.discuss results,.discuss next steps after miscarriage, and didn't rush us off the phone. Seemed genuine in his care for us and our wishes.... 350 gonal f , ldn, prednisone, cleocin, zpack, with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring 3 days before trigger. Went to new york for egg retrieval. Started fresh transfer meds including progesterone and estradiol. Transferred 2 day 4 embryos. Successful pregnancy witg twins and miscarried at 7 weeks
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I only talked to him on the phone but he made us feel like we were important and not just another couple having issues. He was genuine and caring. He explained different options and the potential risks.
He is very thorough and will repeat himself to ensure you understand what he is saying so just have patience
The nurses I had talked with were very caring. There were times when I would get conflicting answers and was confused. Also, it is hard to get a hold of or get a call back from a nurse after leaving a message. I used the patient portal most of the time which I received faster results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I was extremely happy with clinic and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I was an out of state patient so I monitored in ohio and not in new York
$3900 plus monitoring and medications
SYRACUSE
He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
Don’t worry! Dr. A will explain everything!!
He is very friendly, helps you understand and asks if you have questions, he always is smiling and very helpful!
Dr. Arroyo talked with me for over an hour during my initial visit. He went through several procedures that I would need, as we are in the process of a pgd I needed two tests done first and my husband needed an SIS as well. I know that we are not I fertile, but my husband and I are both carriers for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as our daughter, Saydee passed away from respiratory failure in 2016. Dr. A also ordered genetic testing for both my husband and I, to help uncover which genes are affected. We will be utilizing pre genetic diagnosis with invetro fertilization in the near future.
The nursing staff and receptionist are all so awesome, very kind and understanding. Some times they are understaffed though
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well
Not sure yet, but all of my visits have just been copays so far
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
We will be using eSET for our IVF, as our embryos will be diagnosed and tested for SMA
HAMBURG
Dr Arroyo listened to us, what we want, and answered our questions. He did not talk over us, make us feel stupid, or give us false hope. He explained everything from potential options to finances. His answers were not cookie cutter and they felt honest and personal.... Dr Arroyo requested my husband see a urologist and that I have an ultrasound to show if my tubes were open. He wanted to make sure that I was not an additional factor. He believed my husband needed additional testing due to his extremely low sperm count. He offered options for us such as freezing sperm now.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
We are in the very beginning stages and have only been to the clinic a couple of times but each time was great. The clinic itself was nice and the dr was great. He did my ultrasound and testing and was fantastic. He assured me the whole way, kept me updated, and asked if I was ok multiple times throughout the process which really made me feel better.
Have all your questions ready but don’t be afraid to ask more. They will all be answered and answered honestly. You will not feel lied to or made to feel like you are there only to financial profit the dr. He works with you and understands the process. Listen to him!
I have never had a bad experience with any of the nurses there. Everyone has been extremely nice and understanding. They show compassion and do not make me feel stupid or a burden. They have never rushed me through my appointments.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.
He advised that if we went with ivf, it would be around $850 for testing, $3000 for meds that would need to be paid up front, and $4000 for the extraction and transfer which could be spread out over 1-2 years. The nurse talked to me about compassionate care.
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had.... He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
European, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
3 IUI, 7 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had. Our situation has been very complex, with many roadblocks and a long history of unsuccessful transfers. We switched to him because of referrals of friends and wanted to feel as if we mattered and our situation was special. He made us feel as if we were his focus and his only patients, each and every time we worked with him! He's simply amazing!
To be prepared with all the questions that you may have for him, as he will certainly take the time to answer them all and make sure that you are comfortable with the steps that he puts in place.
Dr. Arroyo really took the time to understand is, our history, and what has worked and hasn't. He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
Well, we are in the very earliest stages of working with him, but so far, he thoroughly has gone through our history, what has worked and hasn't. He discovered that I had damaged fallopian tubes and fibroids that were causing my miscarriages and suggested that I have them removed. Due to that advice, the doctors discovered that I had the very earliest stage of cancer on one of my ovaries, so I had that removed as well, which very well could have saved my life, down the road. We are going to be doing the hormones and injections this month, in order to retrieve eggs, to make embryos. He did a lot of bloodwork, looking for genetic factors, that hasn't been done in the past, by other doctors. He checked my husband's sperm, and also suggested genetic testing on the embryos, when we do make them. He has been thorough with my healing process of my 2 surgeries, making sure that my uterus and lining healed properly and that it will provide for the best possible outcome in this procedure.
All of the nurses that work with Dr. Arroyo have been amazing. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Costs were average and/or below average compared to other doctors that we've seen. The nice thing about CNY-Buffalo is that they allow you to do a payment plan, which has afforded us the opportunity to do these ivf procedures considering our financial status. It has been a tremendous blessing!
We haven't gotten to the point of actual embryo transfer, with him, yet, however, he has stated that if I have really good looking embryos that he wouldn't be opposed to multiple transfers (due to my age) and freezing any that I have left, for future possible dates.
HAMBURG
His [Armando Arroyo] very soft spoken and speaks very kindly. He took the time to answer questions and make sure that we understood everything. I can't say that he is overly compassionate, But he is very realistic in his expectations of treatment. If he does not think something is going to work he will Tell you that he does not think it will work.... If you are looking for a doctor to sugarcoat things he is probly not the doctor for you. He is very straight forward with what he expects out of treatment and what he thinks will and will not work.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
His very soft spoken and speaks very kindly. He took the time to answer questions and make sure that we understood everything. I can't say that he is overly compassionate, But he is very realistic in his expectations of treatment. If he does not think something is going to work he will Tell you that he does not think it will work.
I felt like he took the amount of time that we needed to understand what was going on and to ask questions in a private manner. At no time were we rushed out the door before all of our questions were answered
We had a full work up with blood work and I had An HSG to make sure there was no blockage of any tubes. We suffered male factor infertility so he sent my husband to a urologist 1st who ruled out any issues. Then my husband was placed on medication to increase his sperm count and the motility. He was monitored very closely while on the medication. Since we were doing and IVF cycle I was placed on medication to increase egg production and to mature the follicles, Medication to reduce inflammation and to build-up the lining of my uterus for transfer. The 1st cycle was unsuccessful. The 2nd cycle we opted to try and HCG wash to see if it made a difference and that cycle was also unsuccessful. With the 3rd cycle we added some additional medications to cut down on inflammation and the chance of rejection of the embryos and that cycle was successful.
Most of the nursing staff was wonderful. There were a few nurses that were not as compassionate as other nurses just as there were a few nurses that seemed To Personally care about your feelings and the outcome of your treatment. The nurses were always available to answer questions through the patient portal. We saw the nurses at most of the visits especially the monitoring visits instead of the doctor.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful and offers a wide variety of holistic treatments such as acupuncture and massage. They also offer yoga classes and essential oils. Beside the fact they take a holistic and dietary approach to many fertility issues they also are up today on the latest and greatest technological in medication advances in fertility. The staff is in general warm and welcoming.
The staff notified us that we could possibly be eligible for a Grant to reduce the cost of treatment. After being notified we applied for the Grant and were able to greatly reduce our out of pocket costs.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] was always compassionate about your feelings. This is a very hard process to go through and knowing I had so many apointments he made me feel like it wasn’t another appointment. He was very thorough in every treatment and when I came there he didn’t want to waste my time and money with IVF right away he referred me to a specialist for my Endometriosis which they removed 100%.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He was always compassionate about your feelings. This is a very hard process to go through and knowing I had so many apointments he made me feel like it wasn’t another appointment. He was very thorough in every treatment and when I came there he didn’t want to waste my time and money with IVF right away he referred me to a specialist for my Endometriosis which they removed 100%.
Be patient with the process. It’s hard on you just as much as it’s hard on them. They are here to help you have a baby and when the result is a negative I feel like they share my pain as well.
Made me feel comfortable with every visit and was very thorough. He made sure that I didn’t leave with any additional questions.
I was in a lot of medications and each tome I trusted Dr.Arroyo with them. I finally hady first pregnancy in May 2017 after trying for 4 years. At that point I never could think I could get pregnant but I did. Even though we had a miscarriage I still had hope that he got me to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris at Buffalo CNY )
Kris was absolutely amazing. Kind hearted, listened, show compassion. When we had our first miscarriage she was grieving with me. She helped me through it.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very welcoming, nurse staff is amazing. They don’t make you feel like a patient more like a family member. Going there over the years I feel more like a family then a patient. Makes me feel more comfortable and less stress for all the appointments.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he [Dr. Arroyo] didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients....Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients.
I would actually give advice a friend gave me, that Dr. Kiltz gave her a few years ago....as hard as it may be to be happy and excited for others having babies and being pregnant, surround yourself with everything baby. This has really helped me stay positive!
Willing to make phone call appointments. Listened, helped where he could.
I can only remember the dye test by Dr. Arroyo. Nurses did my iui’s and Dr. Kiltz did my egg retrieval. Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
Depends on who you get...some of them are extremely helpful and friendly!!! I have felt a bit lost throughout our experience and feel like some nurses didn’t really explain things well. A lot of times I’ve had to be my own advocate. However, I have found 2 AMAZING nurses at the Rochester office, so now I just call and always ask for them!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love the peaceful, meditation like atmosphere! I think it truly helps me be relax during this highly emotional situation. The yoga and others extra groups and activities they offer sound awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could attend.
ROCHESTER
Dr. Arroyo treated us like an individual case. He contacted us at home and made sure we fully understood everything. He is very personable and kind. Dr. Arroyo gave us his personal cellphone number in case we had any questions and always had an immediate response.... Dr. Arroyo put me on a lower does of Gonal F since I have PCOS. 5 embryos were retrieved and 2 fertilized. Unfortunately both our fresh and frozen cycles failed.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is very thorough so be prepared to take notes.
Dr arroyo gave me his cellphone number to reach his directly with questions I had. He called me multiple times at home to make sure I knew what was going on and what to expect
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tricia Mann)
Nursing staff at CNY is amazing. Every staff member i have come across have been nothing but kind and courteous.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is very efficient at what they do at times it can make you feel like you are just another patient since they are such a large group spanning across so many different offices. While the process can be frustrating i have never had a problem with CNY not returning calls or emails. Again the staff is always very kind and try their hardest to make miracles happen.
Cost of IVF cycle was $4300, I had a $20 copay for all monitoring appointments, $2500 in medications and $70 for acupuncture before embryo transfer
Since i only had 2 fertilized embryos I had to do a 3 day transfer. 1 was fresh and the other frozen.
ROCHESTER
Felt like a human, but he [Dr. Arroyo] was a very busy man.... I was not happy that going I to surgery the plan was to get rid of ALL my cysts no matter the size, but after looking inside he decided to leave 1 alone on my left side and when going back for an ultrasound before wanting to do an IUI, I had to wait another month because the cyst grew to be almost the size of my ovary. I was deviated and extremely angry that while I was under for ovarian drilling he did not do what we had planned.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Research yourself, ask lots of questions, like with any doctor, and be VERY clear about what you want as the patient. Give them more info than you think you should give so they can hear and see the entire big picture!
Felt like a human, but he was a very busy man. Felt comfortable crying and being emotional with dr. And staff.
Ovarian drilling to get rid of my cysts to increase chances of pregnancy during the scheduled IUI the following month, but that was cancelled due to a huge cyst.
Awesome and hard working
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Far to travel to, but their hours are accommodating and open really early! They help with medication, different options if insurance won't cover some of it or any of it. Many times they explained in detail how to make taking all the meds to be more manageable and not overwhelming.
More than we thought, but could have been worse. Not looking forward to the expensive ivf.
SYRACUSE
I saw him [Dr. Armando Arroyo] at every monitoring visit and he really took the time to examine my case and come up with a plan of action specifically for me...We started with a plan for an injectible IUI cycle. This would be my first injectable cycle. I ended up having a greater amount of mature eggs than they would've liked for an IUI so I was faced with the decision to cancel the cycle or flip it into an IVF cycle. I decided to go for it since this was my 9th try at getting pregnant and there were still no answers as to why I wasn't getting pregnant so I was hoping an IVF would give more answers. It worked and I have a daughter now.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Very knowledgeable and great to work with. I felt like we were teammates going after the common goal together. He was very comforting and yet firm. I will be using him again in the future for sure.
Go for it!
I saw him at every monitoring visit and he really took the time to examine my case and come up with a plan of action specifically for me.
All super nice and knowledgable. All truly cared!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Felt like a valued patient. They offered so much more support and activities than my last clinic. Would absolutely go back!
About $4500 for the IFV although the price has gone down since I did it. This included ICSI which is amazing and usually a huge extra cost. I got a 10% discount for paying for it all at once and I put it on a credit card. The monitoring and meds were separate and my insurance did not cover so I paid out of pocket. I think around another $1000.
ROCHESTER
He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] made sure I knew everything that was going on in the process and understood, he was always there if I had a concern or problem, he gets excited with you when everything goes right & sad with you when it doesn’t but it’s always optimistic and keeps you going when you don’t feel like you can go anymore. He will always be a big part of our hearts!!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He made sure I knew everything that was going on in the process and understood, he was always there if I had a concern or problem, he gets excited with you when everything goes right & sad with you when it doesn’t but it’s always optimistic and keeps you going when you don’t feel like you can go anymore. He will always be a big part of our hearts!!
Put your trust in Dr. Arroyo!! He knows what he is doing & will try his best to make your dreams come true!!
Dr. Arroyo was very kind & knowledgeable, he knows what he’s talking about and he makes you feel comfortable with the whole process!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler )
Kris Ziegler is absolutely amazing!! I have really small veins so I would have to get blood drawn from my hands, she was the only one I would let touch me with a needle!!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY is absolutely amazing!! It’s so relaxing which is very important with something so nerve racking! I have not seen any weaknesses. Everyone who works there are so sweet and wonderful! I would never think of going anywhere else! I would travel from the other side of the earth just to go to CNY
Monitoring was so easy, sometimes there was a little wait but nothing to bad
For consultation, 2 IUI’s & 1 IVF & around 8,000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Arroyo is an amazing doctor. He is very thorough, compassionate, and caring. I never had a doctor going through this whole process that takes the time to go through everything explain all our options in detail and never once have I felt rushed during an appt or let knowing what we are up against... We never left not knowing what was going on or what our next steps were. The most compassionate doctor I have ever had
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I have no advice he is a great man and doctor
The doctor was very kind took his time to explain everything in detail to me and my family through all the treatments and surgeries. We never left not knowing what was going on or what our next steps were. The most compassionate doctor I have ever had
They are always very helpful. They explain everything they are doing and why they are doing it. When they are with you they always treat you like you are the only patient there
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. During the course of treatments you always feel relaxed being there. It is the cleanest, well run clinic I have ever been to. They are very personable also. You never feel uncomfortable being there
My costs have been minimal so far with my treatment due to my insurance covering most of my medications and ultrasounds. The most expensive thing I have had to pay for is one procedure but that was at a hospital and at most was a 250 dollar copay
HAMBURG
He [Dr. Arryoy] took the time to actually listen to me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and it felt like he actually cared about my situation... Very caring and very detailed. He has never left me wondering what’s next or questioning his ability. He has made sure to answer every question and actually ask me questions to further my understanding.... Ask questions! He will answer them or if he doesn’t know the answer he will figure it out and make sure to get back to you.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Again he was amazing so far! Very caring and very detailed. He has never left me wondering what’s next or questioning his ability. He has made sure to answer every question and actually ask me questions to further my understanding.
He took the time to actually listen to me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and it felt like he actually cared about my situation
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tricia)
Very caring and willing to answer any questions I had. Very detailed on how the whole process of IVF is and didn’t leave anything out.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are amazing. They offer so many extra ways to relax. They have a spa and acupuncture. They also have a payment plan for the ivf to make it affordable which makes the stress a lot less. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who doesn’t have insurance that covers ivf and even ones that do!
LATHAM
Other, Unexplained
I think Dr. Arroyo is very personable and he listens to concerns and questions. He takes the time to make sure we understand the processes and the answers he provides. He stays positive and gives a good sense of encouragement. He has fun when appropriate and is serious when needed and provides support.... He took the time to really explain the process and he listens. It seems like he wants success for us.... I feel CNY does a great job with making patients feel comfortable.
European, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Hear him out and advocate for the path you believe is right for you.
They listen well and share their optimism.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I feel CNY does a great job with making patients feel comfortable. From the welcoming, non-clinical decor, to the personal attention patients are given, to the amazingly supportive complimentary fertility yoga classes weekly, and the expertise and innovations that come with it, this practice is truly one of a kind.
ROCHESTER
So positive and kind hearted. He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] demonstrated knowledge and understood what we were asking and what we should do. He made us feel like when we left our first appointment things seemed positive and no matter what to keep a positive attitude because within time it will happen. I would recommend him to anyone going through the same thing I am.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
So positive and kind hearted. He demonstrated knowledge and understood what we were asking and what we should do. He made us feel like when we left our first appointment things seemed positive and no matter what to keep a positive attitude because within time it will happen. I would recommend him to anyone going through the same thing I am.
Stay positive.
He was so friendly and took the time to listen to us. So kind hearted and positive!
Monitoring and medications. Testing as well to make sure there isn't anything else wrong.
Super friendly and passionate about what they are doing. They make sure your in the best hands possible.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love everything about cny! Such a beautiful environment at all the locations I have been so far. Everyone knows and understands what your going through. With infertility being such a hush hush topic, it is nice to be able to walk in to the clinic and feel and see how many other women are in the same pair of shoes as I am.
Payment plan
ROCHESTER
Dr. Armando Arroyo is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He made sure we understood our plan of action and set up an ultrasound and HSG the day of consultation to get us started right away. He explained the percentages of success with IUI and what our best chance of getting pregnant would be...was very patient and easy to talk to. He answered all of our questions and spent a good amount of time with us.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Have questions ready to ask
Dr. Arroyo was very patient and easy to talk to. He answered all of our questions and spent a good amount of time with us.
The nursing staff at CNY Buffalo is amazing and went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and answer your questions
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic atmosphere is very comfortable and soothing. CNY’s reasonable IVF prices are what brought us to this practice and clinic but the amazing doctors, nurses and staff is what keeps us positive in this sometimes difficult journey.
Insurance covered diagnostic labwork, IUI was $350 per cycle and $150 to coordinate monitoring per cycle (as well as out of town monitoring at local center)
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Arroyo is a fabulous, positive man. He is always looking for the most successful way to create a pregnancy with each woman individually, as all women may have different needs or problems. He is kind, understanding and takes into consideration what the patient want s.... Dr. Arroyo was very understanding of my needs, yet gave me guidance when he felt something was important that I do or do not do. He always made things comfortable. He never made me feel like I was being rushed out of my appointment, but rather that I was important to CNY.
European, South Asian
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Immunological
Be open to new ideas!
Nursing staff is very busy, but very kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Sometimes it is important to be your own advocate! CNY is wonderful, But with so many patients and staff it can he hard to keep everyone on the same page. If you want to try something, vocalize. They will hear you and help you.
It was significantly less than other fertility clinics world wide!
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I only met with Dr Arroyo a few times. The NP handled everything...He is A very nice man and pretty much told me I would have a baby. It’s been a very long road and I still don’t have a baby. When I came in after my miscarriage he had no answers for me as to what could have went wrong with a PGS tested normal embryo...All of my protocols and treatments were done by the NP Kris Ziegler.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
See Dr. Kiltz
I only met with Dr Arroyo a few times. The NP handled everything.
All of my protocols and treatments were done by the NP Kris Ziegler.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Zeigler)
Kris and all of the nursing staff are fabulous! I was treated with the best care ever.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful and very relaxing. Does not feel like a Dr office but a spa. I felt that the NP at the Buffalo office had to much on her plate. I thought that the Dr should be doing the monitoring as well. Clinic needs an ultrasound tech.
I have spent $100,000 in the last 2 years on treatments and medication.
HAMBURG
[Dr. Armando Arroyo was] Compassionate and knowledgeable, he was very informative and also kind. During my procedure he knew I was nervous but also curious as to every step of the process and he explained everything. He was super friendly and showed us everything he was doing!... He was very friendly, understanding and compassionate. We actually did our retrieval with Dr. Kiltz and then Dr. Arroyo did our actual transfer and we could tell he actually did. His homework to make himself familiar with myself and my husband since it was actually the 1st time meeting him.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Lots of estrogen and progesterone and aspirin and prednisone
EXCELLENT!!!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
So comfortable, relaxing like a spa, everyone is so welcoming. The entire facility is calming and soothing! Couldn’t have been anymore comfortable and beautiful! The atmosphere is perfect both in Rochester and Syracuse!
PCOS, Unexplained
I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.... I appreciate their use of Eastern and western medicine. I truly believe that their ability to consider options that are "outside of the box" is what finely led to our very first BFP in over 4.5 years. We we're very pleased with our experience from start to finish.
European, Latino
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Having been seen by several different doctors in my ttc journey, I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.
Have any potential questions prepared, but I would say that about any doctor.
Very experienced, caring, patient, and easy to work with.
$3900 for IVF cycle and $250 for the FET
HAMBURG
Great doctor he [Dr. Armando Arroyo] was very informative of the process and expectations he answered all my questions and concerns and what cny stood for. We covered cared, price and suggested the best choice for my partner and I to conceive if it became possible... He was very clear of the process and expectations but understanding of my wishes and doubts
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Great doctor he was very informative of the process and expectations he answered all my questions and concerns and what cny stood for. We covered cared, price and suggested the best choice for my partner and I to conceive if it became possible
Write down all of your concern before seeing him.
Still working on it
Great at what they do very professional
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Perfect place to be treated , is peaceful , great staff, affordable , knowledgeable in their work. Great location and other locations that help other patients get treatment with them . Great overall God bless you each for the work you do.
None they know what they are doing
Other, Unexplained
HONESTLY, HE [Dr. Armando Arroyo] WAS GREAT. WE HAD OUR CONSULTATION WITH HIM AND HE EXPLAINED THINGS VERY THOROUGHLY, WHICH WAS CRITICAL SINCE WE HAD NEVER DONE ANY FERTILITY TREATMENTS BEFORE. ALTHOUGH HE WAS NOT AT EVERY APPOINTMENT, HE WAS FREQUENTLY IN THE OFFICE AND ALWAYS SAID HELLO. HE DID PERFORM ONE OF MY IUIS AND ALSO MULTIPLE FOLLICLE SCANS AND A FEW TESTS AS WELL. HE ALWAYS WAS POSITIVE WITH US BUT ALSO REALISTIC
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
HONESTLY, HE WAS GREAT. WE HAD OUR CONSULTATION WITH HIM AND HE EXPLAINED THINGS VERY THOROUGHLY, WHICH WAS CRITICAL SINCE WE HAD NEVER DONE ANY FERTILITY TREATMENTS BEFORE. ALTHOUGH HE WAS NOT AT EVERY APPOINTMENT, HE WAS FREQUENTLY IN THE OFFICE AND ALWAYS SAID HELLO. HE DID PERFORM ONE OF MY IUIS AND ALSO MULTIPLE FOLLICLE SCANS AND A FEW TESTS AS WELL. HE ALWAYS WAS POSITIVE WITH US BUT ALSO REALISTIC
IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, JUST ASK. HE IS ALWAYS WILLING TO EXPLAIN
Arroyo always made me feel like I mattered and was very positive during appointments. He detailed ever single step so that my husband and I understood.
WE STARTED OUT WITH JUST LETROZOLE, MONITORING AND BLOOD WORK. THIS ACCOMPLISHED 3 OR MORE MATURE FOLLICLES THE FIRST TWO MONTHS, AND WE USED A TRIGGER SHOT AND IUI, BUT BOTH ENDED IN NEGATIVE BLOOD TESTS. THEN WE MOVED TO FOLLISTIM INJECTIONS FOR ONE CYCLE, THIS ALSO ENDED WITHOUT PREGNANCY. AFTER THAT WE DID A TEST TO MAKE SURE MY TUBES WERE OPEN AND NO OBSTRUCTIONS. DURING THIS TEST, HE NOTICED THAT I HAD AN ALMOST MATURE FOLLICLE WITHOUT ANY MEDS. WE DECIDED TO MONITOR AFTER THAT AND DID IUI, NO PREGNANCY. THEN WE DID 2 HYBRID CYCLES WITH BOTH LETROZOLE AND FOLLISTIM, ALSO ADDED CETROTIDE. THIS PRODUCED 3 TO 4 MATURE FOLLICLES, TRIGGER SHOT AND IUI. NO PREGNANCY. NOW WE ARE ON A BREAK
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: KRIS)
I LOVED ALL THE NURSES THERE. PARTICULARLY JENNIFER AND KRIS. THEY SOMETIMES CALLED ME OR TEXTED ME AFTER HOURS TO DISCUSS RESULTS, PLANS FOR NEXT ROUND, OR ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS i HAD
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
i THOUGHT THE CLINIC WAS GREAT. IT HAD THE FEELING OF A VERY RELAXED, AND PRIVATE ENVIRONMENT. ANY OF THE NURSING STAFF OR DOCTORS WERE ALWAYS WILLING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR GIVE ADVICE. THE ONLY THING I WOULD SAY IS THAT IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY DID IVF PROCEDURES, NOT JUST MONITORING AT THE BUFFALO LOCATION.
I HAD INSURANCE. BUT WITH DEDUCTIBLES AND MEDS i PROBABLY SPENT AROUND 3 OR 4 THOUSAND
WE DID NOT DO IVF.
HAMBURG
He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] is always willing to answer questions no matter what. He has a great beside manner. He is funny and always willing to go out there on a limb for you. He is very honest and tells you like it is, but in a sweet way...He was very personable
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He is always willing to answer questions no matter what. He has a great beside manner. He is funny and always willing to go out there on a limb for you. He is very honest and tells you like it is, but in a sweet way.
Listen to everything he says. He only has your best interest at heart.
He was very personable
We have not had any treatment yet.
Sweet and caring. Ready to help no matter what.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Great customer patient service. Caring staff. Very knowledgeable. I have called many times and never have I felt that I was bothering them. They are always willing to help. If by chance they sidn’t Know the answer they were right on top of finding it for me.
No, but gave me the number for the financial department.
Not transfers yet.