6.1

UCSD

Armando Arroyo works at

5792 Widewaters Parkway
Syracuse, NY 13214

Dr. took the time to discuss protocol, medications, answer questions,.discuss results,.discuss next steps after miscarriage, and didn't rush us off the phone. Seemed genuine in his care for us and our wishes.... 350 gonal f , ldn, prednisone, cleocin, zpack, with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring 3 days before trigger. Went to new york for egg retrieval. Started fresh transfer meds including progesterone and estradiol. Transferred 2 day 4 embryos. Successful pregnancy witg twins and miscarried at 7 weeks
I was extremely happy with clinic [at CNY-Syracuse] and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I only talked to him on the phone but he made us feel like we were important and not just another couple having issues. He was genuine and caring. He explained different options and the potential risks.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He is very thorough and will repeat himself to ensure you understand what he is saying so just have patience
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses I had talked with were very caring. There were times when I would get conflicting answers and was confused. Also, it is hard to get a hold of or get a call back from a nurse after leaving a message. I used the patient portal most of the time which I received faster results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I was extremely happy with clinic and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I was an out of state patient so I monitored in ohio and not in new York
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
$3900 plus monitoring and medications
What specific things went wrong at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not all my meds were called into a pharmacy and has to rush orders at the last minute. Some meds were added to my protocol at the last minute without anyone informing me of what these meds were and why they are used.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
In my case I have pcos and unexplained infertility. I was in my early 20’s and with nothing else wrong besides pcos he [Dr. Arroyo] thought we would get pregnant no problem with IUI. However after 5 failed IUI’s that wasnt the case at all. So that was a bit frustrating to have so much hope that it would work no problem but then not work at all.... Other than that I thought he was really easy to talk to and gave me all the information I wanted about procedures and possible other options.
Everyone there [CNY]... was absolutely amazing except for 2 people. One was a nurse and one was a nurse practitioner (i think) anyway the one nurse everytime it was her i just cringed because she could never find my vein!... Strengths: Atmosphere(smell, decor, lighting, people) is amazing i always felt so calm and peaceful. Easy making appointments and feeling like your a vip patient. Weaknesses: Really only those 2 staff members I had a harder time with but even then they were really nice just not as amazing as the others!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
In my case I have pcos and unexplained infertility. I was in my early 20’s and with nothing else wrong besides pcos he thought we would get pregnant no problem with IUI. However after 5 failed IUI’s that wasnt the case at all. So that was a bit frustrating to have so much hope that it would work no problem but then not work at all. (Not that it was his fault, no one knows why i wasnt getting pregnant.) Other than that I thought he was really easy to talk to and gave me all the information I wanted about procedures and possible other options. He of course offered me IVF as well but its a lot more expensive and not covered by insurance so that was the gamble we took and lost. He also didnt make me feel rushed. He calmly waited and talked with my husband and me until we were satisfied.
Just because your young and otherwise healthy doesnt mean something has a high chance of working.
He had a really good bedside manner and took the time to really explain to me what my best options were. I felt confidant that he knew what he was doing and answered all my questions.
Im sorry I cant remember the specifics because I did my IUI’s so long ago. Roughly, they had to start by inducing a period. (I was also taking 4 pills of metformin(to help with regulation of insulin), coq10(to help egg quality) ovasitol(again improve egg quality), prenatal, mini asprin) Then they gave me femara (i believe) to start my overys growing eggs. The dosage was the standard level they start at and that was enough for my body. Since im polycystic they were always worried i would pop out more than 1 egg so they monitored me very carefully and almost had to cancel a cycle or 2 because they thought i had more than 2 mature eggs. Once they decided the eggs were ready i injected a dose of the LH (i think) to cause me to ovulate. Then they inseminated me and started me on progesterone to help sustain it if it worked. In my case they never worked, not even a chemical pregnancy. So i tried 5 times until i decided ivf was the next best option for me and it worked on the 1st try.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
So obviously over the course of treatments there are A LOT of blood draws and needles. Everyone there (of the ones that worked with me there were probably about 8 total) was absolutely amazing except for 2 people. One was a nurse and one was a nurse practitioner (i think) anyway the one nurse everytime it was her i just cringed because she could never find my vein! One time was really bad and she dug around in there 3 or 4 times before she finally got it. My arm was SO sore it killed. But the other nurses were the complete opposite amazing. So good at drawing blood it was basically pain free and left no bruise. (Which is crucial when you are getting your blood drawn every few days.) Then the one nurse practitioner did not have a good bedside manner like she seemed un empathetic if that makes sense. No empathy for the struggle it was to have non stop poking and prodding, hope one minute misery the next. Also everytime we asked her a question the answer was very clipped and not complete. Then the other 2 were again the complete opposite, warm, friendly, amazing strength that they gave my husband and I.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Strengths: Atmosphere(smell, decor, lighting, people) is amazing i always felt so calm and peaceful. Easy making appointments and feeling like your a vip patient. Weaknesses: Really only those 2 staff members I had a harder time with but even then they were really nice just not as amazing as the others! It would be nice if I could have requested not to get them. In the end it was almost as of i did because i had a favorite nurse who is hands down the best blood drawer in the world. She knew that she was my favorite so if she saw me on the schedule for the day she would always make sure she was the one to take care of me! It made SUCH a huge difference! To a new patient: GO there immediately! They are the absolute best of that ai have no doubt! They are VERY reasonable with the price and are the lowest ive seen anywhere. Also it is the highest quality care i actually miss going there multiple times a week.
For the IUI’s I think half was covered under my insurance. I had a $70 copay every office visit (which was prob like 8 or 9 times) Then drugs were about another $500-$1000 each cycle
2015 - 2017, Successful
His [Armando Arroyo] very soft spoken and speaks very kindly. He took the time to answer questions and make sure that we understood everything. I can't say that he is overly compassionate, But he is very realistic in his expectations of treatment. If he does not think something is going to work he will Tell you that he does not think it will work.... If you are looking for a doctor to sugarcoat things he is probly not the doctor for you. He is very straight forward with what he expects out of treatment and what he thinks will and will not work.
The staff [at CNY-Rochester] notified us that we could possibly be eligible for a Grant to reduce the cost of treatment. After being notified we applied for the Grant and were able to greatly reduce our out of pocket costs.... Most of the nursing staff was wonderful. There were a few nurses that were not as compassionate as other nurses just as there were a few nurses that seemed To Personally care about your feelings and the outcome of your treatment. The nurses were always available to answer questions through the patient portal. We saw the nurses at most of the visits especially the monitoring visits instead of the doctor.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
His very soft spoken and speaks very kindly. He took the time to answer questions and make sure that we understood everything. I can't say that he is overly compassionate, But he is very realistic in his expectations of treatment. If he does not think something is going to work he will Tell you that he does not think it will work.
I felt like he took the amount of time that we needed to understand what was going on and to ask questions in a private manner. At no time were we rushed out the door before all of our questions were answered
We had a full work up with blood work and I had An HSG to make sure there was no blockage of any tubes. We suffered male factor infertility so he sent my husband to a urologist 1st who ruled out any issues. Then my husband was placed on medication to increase his sperm count and the motility. He was monitored very closely while on the medication. Since we were doing and IVF cycle I was placed on medication to increase egg production and to mature the follicles, Medication to reduce inflammation and to build-up the lining of my uterus for transfer. The 1st cycle was unsuccessful. The 2nd cycle we opted to try and HCG wash to see if it made a difference and that cycle was also unsuccessful. With the 3rd cycle we added some additional medications to cut down on inflammation and the chance of rejection of the embryos and that cycle was successful.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful and offers a wide variety of holistic treatments such as acupuncture and massage. They also offer yoga classes and essential oils. Beside the fact they take a holistic and dietary approach to many fertility issues they also are up today on the latest and greatest technological in medication advances in fertility. The staff is in general warm and welcoming.
The staff notified us that we could possibly be eligible for a Grant to reduce the cost of treatment. After being notified we applied for the Grant and were able to greatly reduce our out of pocket costs.
What specific things went wrong at CNY Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Of course during fertility treatment you are already on edge and waiting to hear the results from your latest lab work. There were a few instances where I did not get a call the same day when I expected one however I did receive a call by the next days end. There was one other time I was supposed to have a prescription sent to the pharmacy and it was not sent. I had to call and request it to be sent. At times it was unclear where we were supposed to go or which pharmacies we were supposed to contact for certain medications that are specific to fertility treatment as not all fertility medications are available at every pharmacy.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he [Dr. Arroyo] didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients....Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
I love the peaceful, meditation like atmosphere [CNY Fertility Center- Rochester]! I think it truly helps me be relax during this highly emotional situation. The yoga and others extra groups and activities they offer sound awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could attend....I have felt a bit lost throughout our experience and feel like some nurses didn’t really explain things well. A lot of times I’ve had to be my own advocate. However, I have found 2 AMAZING nurses at the Rochester office, so now I just call and always ask for them!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients.
I would actually give advice a friend gave me, that Dr. Kiltz gave her a few years ago....as hard as it may be to be happy and excited for others having babies and being pregnant, surround yourself with everything baby. This has really helped me stay positive!
Willing to make phone call appointments. Listened, helped where he could.
I can only remember the dye test by Dr. Arroyo. Nurses did my iui’s and Dr. Kiltz did my egg retrieval. Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Depends on who you get...some of them are extremely helpful and friendly!!! I have felt a bit lost throughout our experience and feel like some nurses didn’t really explain things well. A lot of times I’ve had to be my own advocate. However, I have found 2 AMAZING nurses at the Rochester office, so now I just call and always ask for them!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love the peaceful, meditation like atmosphere! I think it truly helps me be relax during this highly emotional situation. The yoga and others extra groups and activities they offer sound awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could attend.
Rochester
Felt like a human, but he [Dr. Arroyo] was a very busy man.... I was not happy that going I to surgery the plan was to get rid of ALL my cysts no matter the size, but after looking inside he decided to leave 1 alone on my left side and when going back for an ultrasound before wanting to do an IUI, I had to wait another month because the cyst grew to be almost the size of my ovary. I was deviated and extremely angry that while I was under for ovarian drilling he did not do what we had planned.
Far to travel to, but their hours are accommodating and open really early! They [CNY Fertility Ctr - Syracuse] help with medication, different options if insurance won't cover some of it or any of it. Many times they explained in detail how to make taking all the meds to be more manageable and not overwhelming.... [Nursing Staff] Awesome and hard working... Felt comfortable crying and being emotional with dr. And staff.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Research yourself, ask lots of questions, like with any doctor, and be VERY clear about what you want as the patient. Give them more info than you think you should give so they can hear and see the entire big picture!
Felt like a human, but he was a very busy man. Felt comfortable crying and being emotional with dr. And staff.
Ovarian drilling to get rid of my cysts to increase chances of pregnancy during the scheduled IUI the following month, but that was cancelled due to a huge cyst.
Awesome and hard working
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Far to travel to, but their hours are accommodating and open really early! They help with medication, different options if insurance won't cover some of it or any of it. Many times they explained in detail how to make taking all the meds to be more manageable and not overwhelming.
More than we thought, but could have been worse. Not looking forward to the expensive ivf.

2015, Successful
[Dr. Armando Arroyo was] Compassionate and knowledgeable, he was very informative and also kind. During my procedure he knew I was nervous but also curious as to every step of the process and he explained everything. He was super friendly and showed us everything he was doing!... He was very friendly, understanding and compassionate. We actually did our retrieval with Dr. Kiltz and then Dr. Arroyo did our actual transfer and we could tell he actually did. His homework to make himself familiar with myself and my husband since it was actually the 1st time meeting him.
[CNY Fertility Center is] So comfortable, relaxing like a spa, everyone is so welcoming. The entire facility is calming and soothing! Couldn’t have been anymore comfortable and beautiful! The atmosphere is perfect both in Rochester and Syracuse!... We actually did our retrieval with Dr. Kiltz and then Dr. Arroyo did our actual transfer and we could tell he actually did. His homework to make himself familiar with myself and my husband since it was actually the 1st time meeting him.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Lots of estrogen and progesterone and aspirin and prednisone
EXCELLENT!!!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
2015 - 2018, Successful
I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.... I appreciate their use of Eastern and western medicine. I truly believe that their ability to consider options that are "outside of the box" is what finely led to our very first BFP in over 4.5 years. We we're very pleased with our experience from start to finish.
I appreciate their [CNY-Hamburg] use of Eastern and western medicine. I truly believe that their ability to consider options that are "outside of the box" is what finely led to our very first BFP in over 4.5 years. We we're very pleased with our experience from start to finish.... $3900 for IVF cycle and $250 for the FET... I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Having been seen by several different doctors in my ttc journey, I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.
Have any potential questions prepared, but I would say that about any doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler )
Very experienced, caring, patient, and easy to work with.
$3900 for IVF cycle and $250 for the FET
Hamburg (closed)

Dr arroyo was polite and respectful. He made us feel like we were “normal” even though we have been feeling like something is wrong with us. He addressed our fears and worries and reassured us that we WILL get pregnant one way or another :) ... I felt like Dr. Arroyo addressed my concerns and talked to me as if we were on the same level. He does a very good job of giving information while also treating you with kindness
Boston ivf in Syracuse is a brand new clinic and it is beautiful. The staff is so friendly and welcoming and I have very little wait time when I get there. They have been great about scheduling appointments and taking my phone calls ... We are just starting out so I am not sure what it will all cost but their rates are pretty decent! ... So far we have had a consultation and baseline blood work & an ultrasound for my follicles and uterine lining. We will go back for a follow up appointment early March and starting iui when my March cycle begins
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Make your appointment asap they are booking up fast
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We are at the beginning stages of our journey, starting our first IUI cycle in March. So far we have had a consultation and baseline blood work & an ultrasound for my follicles and uterine lining. We will go back for a follow up appointment early March and starting iui when my March cycle begins
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF.
Syracuse

Dr Arroyo is very kind and gentle. I most saw him for procedures like HSG, ultrasound, etc. ... He's very kind, good at explaining high level issues, statistics, etc. He's also very skilled at procedures such as HSG, etc. My initial consult was pretty simple because we already had a baby through IUI and we're just trying to repeat earlier success.
It's a huge clinic [CNY Fertility Center] but regional office staff are really fantastic and make you feel like an individual, not a number. The phone system can be a little hard to navigate. They are willing to customize protocol and think outside eof the box, unlike big health system based clinics. ... Everyone [nurses] is very kind and positive. They are great at answering questions and handling difficult emotions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Everyone is very kind and positive. They are great at answering questions and handling difficult emotions.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It's a huge clinic but regional office staff are really fantastic and make you feel like an individual, not a number. The phone system can be a little hard to navigate. They are willing to customize protocol and think outside eof the box, unlike big health system based clinics.
Standard copays