6.1

UCSD

Armando Arroyo works at

5792 Widewaters Parkway
Syracuse, NY 13214

He [Dr. Arroyo] feels that it will be safer to transfer one embryo at a time, to give that embryo the best chance to grow into a baby and potentially decrease risks of having multiples. Ultimately it is up to us...He takes the time to be thorough during office visits and he answers all of our questions... extremely easy to talk to. I appreciate that we have a plan in place every time we leave the office, results are communicated timely, and he is extremely honest. We are never rushed because he has another patient to get to and he tailors treatment to fit our needs.
Anna at the front desk [of Boston IVF] is always warm and welcoming. The phlebotomists are fantastic and very professional. The financial coordinator Abby is incredibly knowledgeable about the insurance processes, submitting PA requests, getting medications approved, and dealing with billing issues...Dr. Arroyo and his staff have been AMAZING...The nurses at his office are top notch as well. We travel 2.5 hours to and from appointments as we live in Buffalo, that’s how confident we are in Dr Arroyo and his staff. Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Amazing. He’s very thorough and extremely easy to talk to. I appreciate that we have a plan in place every time we leave the office, results are communicated timely, and he is extremely honest. We are never rushed because he has another patient to get to and he tailors treatment to fit our needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Fertility treatment can be a roller coaster, and I suggest consulting with different providers before selecting one to care for you during this sometimes crazy/stressful time. My husband and I saw a different provider locally and we felt like a number, not patients. Dr Arroyo has never made us feel that way. He wants the best outcome for his patient and is very honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Arroyo and his staff have been AMAZING. He takes the time to be thorough during office visits and he answers all of our questions. The nurses at his office are top notch as well. We travel 2.5 hours to and from appointments as we live in Buffalo, that’s how confident we are in Dr Arroyo and his staff.
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
After failed IUIs and unpleasant experience at a different practice, we sought the help of Dr Arroyo at Boston IVF. My husband and I had already decided that since our failed IUIs we were ready to move on to IVF. After a lot of testing (ultrasounds, lab work, genetic testing, etc), I started my stimulation protocol of Gonal F and Menopur in December 2019. We had a successful retrieval in January 2020. Dr Arroyo was able to retrieve 9 mature eggs (I’m 38 and only have one ovary, so we were very happy with this number), 8 fertilized without ICSI, and 5 made it to day 5 embryos. We decided to freeze our embryos to give my body time to heal after the retrieval. My first transfer was cancelled in March due to my lab values and a growing follicle, and unfortunately due to the current pandemic all cycles are currently on hold. I am currently taking daily birth control until I am told by the office to stop and start taking my transfer protocol meds as soon as cycles are able to begin again. I will be taking Estradiol 6mg daily, then adding in IM progesterone injections every 3 days, and Endometrin twice daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jill, RN)
I don’t have enough words to fully describe how amazing the nursing staff has been. I appreciate that they all know what is going on with our care no matter who I talk to. Jill, Sara, and Jess have been AMAZING. They call promptly with lab results, give clear and concise instructions, and are always willing to listen and provide guidance. If they don’t know an answer (which is hardly ever) they get the correct information and call back timely.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Anna at the front desk is always warm and welcoming. The phlebotomists are fantastic and very professional. The financial coordinator Abby is incredibly knowledgeable about the insurance processes, submitting PA requests, getting medications approved, and dealing with billing issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF.
I had insurance that was used for my treatment from September 2019-February 2020. My costs were on average for office visits, diagnostic testing. My insurance plan carried a high deductible. Between medical services and medications for my IVF stimulation and cycle I met my OOP Maximum of $4200.
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Due to my age, we were given the option to transfer either one or two embryos. He feels that it will be safer to transfer one embryo at a time, to give that embryo the best chance to grow into a baby and potentially decrease risks of having multiples. Ultimately it is up to us if we want to transfer one or two. My husband and I have discussed it and the plan is to transfer one for our first transfer, if that does not work, we may consider transferring two embryos the next time. We have 5 embryos, but we could not afford PGD testing, so we are currently under the assumption that statistically 50% of our embryos will not be genetically viable.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] knew exactly who we were and what our details were at every visit...I had a very tricky schedule as I had moved to Canada before transfer. He was very good about arranging phone calls and making a protocol easier for travel. He is warm and always seemed happy to see us...Trust that he is part of a larger, highly successful team. He knows the latest research and is open to talking through your ideas. You have a voice in the path ahead. He is an interlocutor, not an authoritarian.
The main nurse [at Boston IVF Syracuse], Jill, was wonderful. First, there is one main nurse! At my last clinic, you saw a new person every visit. This clinic offers a single contact person which makes things MUCH easier. Jill knew exactly what our plan was and was always quick to get back to me to help organize meds etc. I "graduated" from the clinic at week 8 and she continues to email to check on us every three weeks!...This is a new clinic with a great staff. Abby at the front desk is cheerful and Mel is a wonderful embryologist who spent a bit of time to assist with moving my embryos across town and then prepping them for transfer. The blood and ultrasound team is also small, so you see the same faces often and they are all very good!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
He really gives patients the respect they deserve. I am a professor and I felt like my last clinic spoke to me like I was dumb all the time. Dr. Arroyo assumed I was knowledgeable and engaged with any research I had done and never dismissed it. We had good conversations and we felt very confident that we made a good choice to move clinics. I had a very tricky schedule as I had moved to Canada before transfer. He was very good about arranging phone calls and making a protocol easier for travel. He is warm and always seemed happy to see us.
Dr. Arroyo is a good mix of understanding and straightforward. He sat with us and looked at our results and talked to us about a treatment plan for my situation. At my last clinic most women were on the same protocol with a dozen medications. Dr. Arroyo showed me why I didn't need most of them. I spoke to him more in my six months at this clinic than I spoke to my previous specialist in 2.5 years. He called regularly as we organized moving embryos from another clinic. He attended most of my ultrasounds and helped me understand how things were progressing. He knew exactly who we were and what our details were at every visit.
This was my third frozen transfer (not PGS tested embryos). We debated another stim plus PGS of all, but I wasn't up for it. I had a lap/hysteroscopy before and that could explain success. I did a longer estrogen protocol than I was used to. My lining wasn't great so we gave it an extra week. I was on progesterone suppositories and shots (only ever 3 nights) up to 10 weeks pregnant. My previous transfers at another clinic I was on a dozen medications, many out of pocket and thousands of dollars. It was great to have fewer meds to keep track of. I made the process less stressful. We had two frozen day 3 embryos. Transferred 2 and now 19 weeks with a singleton!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Jill L)
The main nurse, Jill, was wonderful. First, there is one main nurse! At my last clinic, you saw a new person every visit. This clinic offers a single contact person which makes things MUCH easier. Jill knew exactly what our plan was and was always quick to get back to me to help organize meds etc. I "graduated" from the clinic at week 8 and she continues to email to check on us every three weeks! So lovely!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I am very fortunate to have excellent insurance. My co-pay for visits was 20$ They did not recommend anything not covered by my insurance.
Syracuse

Dr. Arroyo is a very kind man and explains things thoroughly. He and his wife also went through infertility, so he understands what we're going through. He is very diplomatic and doesn't have super strong opinions, but does offer occasional advice. I do wish there was more direct communication. I usually have to talk to a nurse, who then talks to him, and then gets back to me.... I actually get to see him during visits unlike my other doctor.
Boston IVF – Syracuse is very clean, and they are usually on time with appointments. It's still a fairly new clinic... The nursing staff is ok. There aren't that many. They are friendly, but they don't really go above and beyond what their job is.... The ultrasound tech and nurse had conflicting info...TWICE on how thick my lining was and how many follicles/size.... It's not super convenient because you have to get bloodwork and ultrasounds before 10 am
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a very kind man and explains things thoroughly. He and his wife also went through infertility, so he understands what we're going through. He is very diplomatic and doesn't have super strong opinions, but does offer occasional advice. I do wish there was more direct communication. I usually have to talk to a nurse, who then talks to him, and then gets back to me. But I think it's that way in a lot of cases.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Arroyo is very friendly, and I actually get to see him during visits unlike my other doctor.
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
2 timed intercourse with Letrozole (no trigger). In the middle of first IUI cycle with Letrozole and trigger. I previously went through 2 IUI cycles and 1 egg retrieval and 4 transfers at a previous clinic. I took some time off, and we're kind of starting over again since my body seems to want to try to work again. So far, I have only gotten negative results, and my luteal phase is shorter on these protocols.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Boston IVF – Syracuse is very clean, and they are usually on time with appointments. It's still a fairly new clinic, so I don't think they have too many patients yet. It's not super convenient because you have to get bloodwork and ultrasounds before 10 am, and they don't have a lot of really early appointments, which makes it difficult with work schedules. I usually see nurses when I go, and rarely the doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All treatment so far has been covered by insurance (IUI, testing, drugs, etc.)
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Boston IVF - The Albany Center
Loudonville

With genetic testing, Dr. Arroyo discouraged multiple embryo transfer...never knew my case prior to our meeting, was constantly re-asking me questions, etc...provided very few details about his treatment plan, would always speak very vaguely. He never included us in decision-making or made any adjustments to the standard care plan. His bedside manner was awkward and made me uncomfortable on many occasions...I did one egg retrieval with fertilized with frozen sperm and did genetic testing on the embryos. I can't remember the medications or doses. Though I remained on several through 10 weeks of pregnancy.
There were several points where my treatment was delayed or nearly delayed by 4-6 weeks due to poor communication on the clinic's [Boston IVF] part...When I was getting treatment, the clinic was newly-established. The clinic itself was mostly easy to navigate. One challenge is that (at least at the time that I was receiving treatment), there wasn't a large enough patient population to support an embryologist on-site. This meant needing to sync up cycles with all patients undergoing retrieval or transfer so that an embryologist could come from Boston and do all the procedures in a single week. This led to a prolonged course of treatment that I hadn't expected.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Dr. Arroyo provided very few details about his treatment plan, would always speak very vaguely. He never included us in decision-making or made any adjustments to the standard care plan. His bedside manner was awkward and made me uncomfortable on many occasions.
Use the nurses to your advantage in communicating with him. Make sure you keep asking questions until you get a satisfactory answer.
Dr. Arroyo never knew my case prior to our meeting, was constantly re-asking me questions, etc.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
My insurance covered most of my costs with the exception of genetic testing. I had some copays for procedures and office visits.
With genetic testing, Dr. Arroyo discouraged multiple embryo transfer. I agreed with this decision.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
There were several points where my treatment was delayed or nearly delayed by 4-6 weeks due to poor communication on the clinic's part.
2019, Consult
The doctor [Dr. Armando Arroyo] never greeted me. Never asked me what I wanted to accomplish. Nor asked me questions about myself to understand who I was... didn't want to talk through anything at all. He signed me up for a list of over 30 tests. Most that either I had already had done...Never once did he ask if I had any questions or concerns. Just "see you in 6 weeks for your follow up" and ushered me into another room to talk to a financial adviser. I have NEVER left a doctor being so confused as to what was going on, and I was in tears. It was AWFUL. If you are a woman, who is looking for help, he is looking for money, he does not care about your well being at all.
[Boston IVF- Syracuse Center is] a homey feeling clinic...The receptionist didn't know anything, and took 10 minutes to check me in. It is near impossible to find the office as its inside a huge building and when you use your GPS, good luck getting there. and The receptionist when you call for help can't help at all...I was handed off like a package [by the nurse], one for my weight, one for the 50000 questions they ask you, then one who's job was to talk to me about how I am going to pay for it. She literally said "Well, everything will be billed to insurance, but we don't know what they will cover, and you will have to pay the rest." Which didn't help me at all.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
I was sat down in Dr.Arroyo's office, and told that he would talk with me about everything. He said okay, you have PCOS. Great, your options are get pregnant or get on birth control. That was it. I tried to ask various questions about managing my hormone levels, and he brushed off the questions. I told him what my concerns were and he pretty much didn't care. He told me that it was what he planned or nothing. And didn't want to talk through anything at all. He signed me up for a list of over 30 tests. Most that either I had already had done, or were absolutely un-necessary, as validated by another doctor later. Never once did he ask if I had any questions or concerns. Just "see you in 6 weeks for your follow up" and ushered me into another room to talk to a financial adviser. I have NEVER left a doctor being so confused as to what was going on, and I was in tears. It was AWFUL. If you are a woman, who is looking for help, he is looking for money, he does not care about your well being at all.
RUN AWAY. FAR AWAY. Find another doctor.
The doctor never greeted me. Never asked me what I wanted to accomplish. Nor asked me questions about myself to understand who I was. He wanted to see how much money he could get out of me and that was it.
Dr. Arroyo wanted me to do 30 different blood tests, including genetics, STD (I have never had a positive pap in my life and had just had one done a few weeks earlier), wanted me to come and do about 6 different ultrasounds, and have my husband do a semen test. NONE of these were actually needed ( as told to me by my new doctor).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I was handed off like a package, one for my weight, one for the 50000 questions they ask you, then one who's job was to talk to me about how I am going to pay for it. She literally said "Well, everything will be billed to insurance, but we don't know what they will cover, and you will have to pay the rest." Which didn't help me at all.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Its a homey feeling clinic. You don't know what you're in for when you walk in. The receptionist didn't know anything, and took 10 minutes to check me in. It is near impossible to find the office as its inside a huge building and when you use your GPS, good luck getting there. and The receptionist when you call for help can't help at all.
I have no idea, because the financial person could not tell me what ANYTHING was going to cost. I thought I would walk away with an idea but nope. She didn't know and had nothing she could tell me, even with what my insurance would cover, even though the whole point of sending my insurance information in early was so that I could have an idea of the costs ahead of time.
Syracuse

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] never knew our names and had the same exact meeting with us TWO times and didn't know it until my husband reminded him...He seemed like a nice enough guy and did explain things to us but he should have had a nurse in the office when he was explaining the plan to us because once we got outside his office everything was different...We were doing a few rounds of letrozole and trigger shots with relations then going to IUI.
once I tried to pay [at Boston IVF- THe Syracuse Center] and they told me I had no balance. When I left the office they called/emailed me IMMEDIATELY asking me to clear up my balance that didn't exist a few minutes earlier. If only they called with MEDICAL information as quickly as they called to collect money...Some [nurses] were very nice, some literally never spoke to me when doing 10+ minute ultrasounds. One nurse checked me in as the wrong patient and started a procedure on me as said patient!! I only found out because the doctor called me the wrong name!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
I only met him twice but it took up a lot of my time for him to hold the same meeting with us two times to discuss the same thing. He seemed like a nice enough guy and did explain things to us but he should have had a nurse in the office when he was explaining the plan to us because once we got outside his office everything was different.
Go to CNY fertility instead.
He never knew our names and had the same exact meeting with us TWO times and didn't know it until my husband reminded him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Some were very nice, some literally never spoke to me when doing 10+ minute ultrasounds. One nurse checked me in as the wrong patient and started a procedure on me as said patient!! I only found out because the doctor called me the wrong name!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Clean office but they only care about money, not patients. You're COD which is fine but once I tried to pay and they told me I had no balance. When I left the office they called/emailed me IMMEDIATELY asking me to clear up my balance that didn't exist a few minutes earlier. If only they called with MEDICAL information as quickly as they called to collect money.
Monitoring and bloodwork was $450/visit.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Mentioned the payment issues and incorrect patient issue on previous slides.
Syracuse

Dr arroyo was polite and respectful. He made us feel like we were “normal” even though we have been feeling like something is wrong with us. He addressed our fears and worries and reassured us that we WILL get pregnant one way or another :) ... I felt like Dr. Arroyo addressed my concerns and talked to me as if we were on the same level. He does a very good job of giving information while also treating you with kindness
Boston ivf in Syracuse is a brand new clinic and it is beautiful. The staff is so friendly and welcoming and I have very little wait time when I get there. They have been great about scheduling appointments and taking my phone calls ... We are just starting out so I am not sure what it will all cost but their rates are pretty decent! ... So far we have had a consultation and baseline blood work & an ultrasound for my follicles and uterine lining. We will go back for a follow up appointment early March and starting iui when my March cycle begins
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at Boston IVF?
Make your appointment asap they are booking up fast
We are at the beginning stages of our journey, starting our first IUI cycle in March. So far we have had a consultation and baseline blood work & an ultrasound for my follicles and uterine lining. We will go back for a follow up appointment early March and starting iui when my March cycle begins

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I have only been treatment by Armando a few times. But every experience I have had with him have been great! He took time to explain everything in detail to me and continually reassured me. Straight from my consultation he took me right in to do my initial tests and told me I was a good candidate to start fertility treatments. He did the tube test and showed me that my tubes were clear. He was very positive and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Just expect to spend more time with nurses than Armando.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I have worked closely with the nurse Kris Ziegler at CNY. She has been absolutely amazing. She takes time to explain what is going on and has referred me to specialists. She is the first doctor in my lifetime who I believe cares and is trying to figure out what is going on with me.
Describe the protocols Armando Arroyo used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Prior to coming to CNY I did multiple medicated and monitored cycle with my gnyo before being referred to CNY. After initial testing and consultation everything came back good. Although, I was diagnosed with PCOS. The first step was a medicated cycle with monitoring and intercourse. That ended in a negative. I didn't respond well to letrozole so I was moved to injections. I started gonal for 2-3 more cycles with no luck as it was tricky trying to get the right dosage for with my PCOS. We have had to cancel a few cycles based on having too many eggs and/or not having a mature egg. I am now ready to move onto IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler)
CNY buffalo has the most amazing nursing staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Kris Ziegler in particular has been absolutely amazing to me. She has gone above and beyond to make sure I had the right care. She has even referred me to specialist and has gone out of her way to get me in contact with any resources I may need. The whole team is extremely compassionate and make me feel like this is a team effort and that I am not alone. I cannot thank the CNY buffalo team enough.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
CNY's strength are how compassionate they are. They take the necessary time with their patients to make sure they get the best care possible. The clinic itself is beautiful, you do not feel like you are in a doctors office but a spa. The only weakness I can thing of is the wait time but that doesn't bother me because I know they are giving other patients the same care and attention they give me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center.
Each IUI cycle cost around $1,500, medicated cycle was around $1,000. IVF will cost around $8,000-10,000 I have spent around $8,000 to date on fertility treatments.
Describe Armando Arroyo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Have not started IVF yet.
Hamburg (closed)

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
It [CNY-Buffalo] is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well... The nursing staff and receptionist are all so awesome, very kind and understanding. Some times they are understaffed though
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He sat with me for quite a while and talked to me as a friend. Very smiley and confident that he can help. He is very assuring and helped me feel better as well. When we went through my procedure he was very patient and explained everything both before during and after the procedure. Dr. A has a great personality and passion for what he does.
Don’t worry! Dr. A will explain everything!!
He is very friendly, helps you understand and asks if you have questions, he always is smiling and very helpful!
Dr. Arroyo talked with me for over an hour during my initial visit. He went through several procedures that I would need, as we are in the process of a pgd I needed two tests done first and my husband needed an SIS as well. I know that we are not I fertile, but my husband and I are both carriers for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, as our daughter, Saydee passed away from respiratory failure in 2016. Dr. A also ordered genetic testing for both my husband and I, to help uncover which genes are affected. We will be utilizing pre genetic diagnosis with invetro fertilization in the near future.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It is beautiful, peaceful, and very clean! It is also comforting and very homeish. The waiting room has a fire place and tea and coffee, beautiful pairings and sculptures. The consult rooms have cozy chairs and couches. The colors are very easy and comforting as well
Not sure yet, but all of my visits have just been copays so far
We will be using eSET for our IVF, as our embryos will be diagnosed and tested for SMA
Hamburg (closed)

Dr. took the time to discuss protocol, medications, answer questions,.discuss results,.discuss next steps after miscarriage, and didn't rush us off the phone. Seemed genuine in his care for us and our wishes.... 350 gonal f , ldn, prednisone, cleocin, zpack, with bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring 3 days before trigger. Went to new york for egg retrieval. Started fresh transfer meds including progesterone and estradiol. Transferred 2 day 4 embryos. Successful pregnancy witg twins and miscarried at 7 weeks
I was extremely happy with clinic [at CNY-Syracuse] and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
I only talked to him on the phone but he made us feel like we were important and not just another couple having issues. He was genuine and caring. He explained different options and the potential risks.
He is very thorough and will repeat himself to ensure you understand what he is saying so just have patience
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses I had talked with were very caring. There were times when I would get conflicting answers and was confused. Also, it is hard to get a hold of or get a call back from a nurse after leaving a message. I used the patient portal most of the time which I received faster results.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I was extremely happy with clinic and staff at retrieval but not impressed with staff at transfer. Transfer staff was not thorough and I was not informed of what was happening. We were left in the room after transfer with no directions and no one checked on us for over 10 minutes. We ended up leaving the room and still no one checked on us. I had acupuncture before and after transfer which was great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I was an out of state patient so I monitored in ohio and not in new York
$3900 plus monitoring and medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not all my meds were called into a pharmacy and has to rush orders at the last minute. Some meds were added to my protocol at the last minute without anyone informing me of what these meds were and why they are used.
Syracuse
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had.... He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
The clinic [CNY-Buffalo]has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is a very compassionate doctor, who has made my husband and I very comfortable with the process and hopeful of our desired results. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to go over every detail with us. He has always been available to answer any questions that we may have had. Our situation has been very complex, with many roadblocks and a long history of unsuccessful transfers. We switched to him because of referrals of friends and wanted to feel as if we mattered and our situation was special. He made us feel as if we were his focus and his only patients, each and every time we worked with him! He's simply amazing!
To be prepared with all the questions that you may have for him, as he will certainly take the time to answer them all and make sure that you are comfortable with the steps that he puts in place.
Dr. Arroyo really took the time to understand is, our history, and what has worked and hasn't. He also has helped us understand our journey better, and put an actionable plan in place of what can be done better & differently in order to achieve m maximum success.
Well, we are in the very earliest stages of working with him, but so far, he thoroughly has gone through our history, what has worked and hasn't. He discovered that I had damaged fallopian tubes and fibroids that were causing my miscarriages and suggested that I have them removed. Due to that advice, the doctors discovered that I had the very earliest stage of cancer on one of my ovaries, so I had that removed as well, which very well could have saved my life, down the road. We are going to be doing the hormones and injections this month, in order to retrieve eggs, to make embryos. He did a lot of bloodwork, looking for genetic factors, that hasn't been done in the past, by other doctors. He checked my husband's sperm, and also suggested genetic testing on the embryos, when we do make them. He has been thorough with my healing process of my 2 surgeries, making sure that my uterus and lining healed properly and that it will provide for the best possible outcome in this procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
All of the nurses that work with Dr. Arroyo have been amazing. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic has been amazing. It is welcoming and has all the ammenities and top knotch equipment. They have been kind, gentle, sensitive, and compassionate, making us feel important and unique. They have always gotten back to us, in a timely manner, answered any questions that we may have, and have been extremely helpful in explaining the steps needed and what to expect.
Costs were average and/or below average compared to other doctors that we've seen. The nice thing about CNY-Buffalo is that they allow you to do a payment plan, which has afforded us the opportunity to do these ivf procedures considering our financial status. It has been a tremendous blessing!
We haven't gotten to the point of actual embryo transfer, with him, yet, however, he has stated that if I have really good looking embryos that he wouldn't be opposed to multiple transfers (due to my age) and freezing any that I have left, for future possible dates.
Hamburg (closed)
Dr Arroyo listened to us, what we want, and answered our questions. He did not talk over us, make us feel stupid, or give us false hope. He explained everything from potential options to finances. His answers were not cookie cutter and they felt honest and personal.... Dr Arroyo requested my husband see a urologist and that I have an ultrasound to show if my tubes were open. He wanted to make sure that I was not an additional factor. He believed my husband needed additional testing due to his extremely low sperm count. He offered options for us such as freezing sperm now.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center-Hamburg] is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.... He advised that if we went with ivf, it would be around $850 for testing, $3000 for meds that would need to be paid up front, and $4000 for the extraction and transfer which could be spread out over 1-2 years. The nurse talked to me about compassionate care.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
We are in the very beginning stages and have only been to the clinic a couple of times but each time was great. The clinic itself was nice and the dr was great. He did my ultrasound and testing and was fantastic. He assured me the whole way, kept me updated, and asked if I was ok multiple times throughout the process which really made me feel better.
Have all your questions ready but don’t be afraid to ask more. They will all be answered and answered honestly. You will not feel lied to or made to feel like you are there only to financial profit the dr. He works with you and understands the process. Listen to him!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I have never had a bad experience with any of the nurses there. Everyone has been extremely nice and understanding. They show compassion and do not make me feel stupid or a burden. They have never rushed me through my appointments.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely clean, relaxing, and beautiful. It is designed ideally for creating a calm environment where anyone would feel relaxed. I did not find any weaknesses. I really enjoyed my visit each time I have gone, even when I have been nervous.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he [Dr. Arroyo] didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients....Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
I love the peaceful, meditation like atmosphere [CNY Fertility Center- Rochester]! I think it truly helps me be relax during this highly emotional situation. The yoga and others extra groups and activities they offer sound awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could attend....I have felt a bit lost throughout our experience and feel like some nurses didn’t really explain things well. A lot of times I’ve had to be my own advocate. However, I have found 2 AMAZING nurses at the Rochester office, so now I just call and always ask for them!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Nice, knowledgeable, calm, helpful. However, I personally felt like he didn’t review my chart and what we had discussed in previous conversations before my appointment. I am happy that he does phone appointments though, this is extremely convenient for out of town patients.
I would actually give advice a friend gave me, that Dr. Kiltz gave her a few years ago....as hard as it may be to be happy and excited for others having babies and being pregnant, surround yourself with everything baby. This has really helped me stay positive!
Willing to make phone call appointments. Listened, helped where he could.
I can only remember the dye test by Dr. Arroyo. Nurses did my iui’s and Dr. Kiltz did my egg retrieval. Dr. Arroyo recommended a baby aspirin a day for factor 5. For my second cycle of IVF he recommended using human growth hormone a month prior to retrieval and a high dosage of meds.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Depends on who you get...some of them are extremely helpful and friendly!!! I have felt a bit lost throughout our experience and feel like some nurses didn’t really explain things well. A lot of times I’ve had to be my own advocate. However, I have found 2 AMAZING nurses at the Rochester office, so now I just call and always ask for them!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I love the peaceful, meditation like atmosphere! I think it truly helps me be relax during this highly emotional situation. The yoga and others extra groups and activities they offer sound awesome! I wish I lived closer so I could attend.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] was always compassionate about your feelings. This is a very hard process to go through and knowing I had so many apointments he made me feel like it wasn’t another appointment. He was very thorough in every treatment and when I came there he didn’t want to waste my time and money with IVF right away he referred me to a specialist for my Endometriosis which they removed 100%.
The clinic [CNY-Hamburg] is very welcoming, nurse staff is amazing. They don’t make you feel like a patient more like a family member. Going there over the years I feel more like a family then a patient. Makes me feel more comfortable and less stress for all the appointments.... Kris [a nurse] was absolutely amazing. Kind hearted, listened, show compassion. When we had our first miscarriage she was grieving with me. She helped me through it.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He was always compassionate about your feelings. This is a very hard process to go through and knowing I had so many apointments he made me feel like it wasn’t another appointment. He was very thorough in every treatment and when I came there he didn’t want to waste my time and money with IVF right away he referred me to a specialist for my Endometriosis which they removed 100%.
Be patient with the process. It’s hard on you just as much as it’s hard on them. They are here to help you have a baby and when the result is a negative I feel like they share my pain as well.
Made me feel comfortable with every visit and was very thorough. He made sure that I didn’t leave with any additional questions.
I was in a lot of medications and each tome I trusted Dr.Arroyo with them. I finally hady first pregnancy in May 2017 after trying for 4 years. At that point I never could think I could get pregnant but I did. Even though we had a miscarriage I still had hope that he got me to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris at Buffalo CNY )
Kris was absolutely amazing. Kind hearted, listened, show compassion. When we had our first miscarriage she was grieving with me. She helped me through it.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic is very welcoming, nurse staff is amazing. They don’t make you feel like a patient more like a family member. Going there over the years I feel more like a family then a patient. Makes me feel more comfortable and less stress for all the appointments.
Hamburg (closed)

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to leave to tell me my tube was blocked and I needed surgery in order to move forward. I later found out that he wasn’t going to tell me at all and the nurse made him...he had no bedside manner and wasn’t going to tell me something that was extremely important. He also told me I need surgery when every other dr said that would be the most extreme corse of action.
The clinic [CNY Fertility Center] itself is good, and price is way cheaper then around. Communication could be better but the nurses do their best to help and make people feel comfortable. They all acknowledged me by name and would answer all my questions...I had to have my hsg done two times because of his [Dr. Armando Arroyo's] mistake. I refused to pay the second one...He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He did my hsg and told me I was fine, then called me in as I was getting ready to leave to tell me my tube was blocked and I needed surgery in order to move forward. I later found out that he wasn’t going to tell me at all and the nurse made him.
Use someone else, he had no bedside manner and wasn’t going to tell me something that was extremely important. He also told me I need surgery when every other dr said that would be the most extreme corse of action.
Hsg. Told me all was clear and it wasn’t.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is good, and price is way cheaper then around. Communication could be better but the nurses do their best to help and make people feel comfortable. They all acknowledged me by name and would answer all my questions
I had to have my hsg done two times because of his mistake. I refused to pay the second one.
Hamburg (closed)
Dr. Arroyo treated us like an individual case. He contacted us at home and made sure we fully understood everything. He is very personable and kind. Dr. Arroyo gave us his personal cellphone number in case we had any questions and always had an immediate response.... Dr. Arroyo put me on a lower does of Gonal F since I have PCOS. 5 embryos were retrieved and 2 fertilized. Unfortunately both our fresh and frozen cycles failed.
CNY is very efficient at what they do at times it can make you feel like you are just another patient since they are such a large group spanning across so many different offices. While the process can be frustrating i have never had a problem with CNY not returning calls or emails. Again the staff is always very kind and try their hardest to make miracles happen.... Nursing staff at CNY is amazing. Every staff member i have come across have been nothing but kind and courteous.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Arroyo is very thorough so be prepared to take notes.
Dr arroyo gave me his cellphone number to reach his directly with questions I had. He called me multiple times at home to make sure I knew what was going on and what to expect
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tricia Mann)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Cost of IVF cycle was $4300, I had a $20 copay for all monitoring appointments, $2500 in medications and $70 for acupuncture before embryo transfer
Since i only had 2 fertilized embryos I had to do a 3 day transfer. 1 was fresh and the other frozen.
Rochester

He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] made sure I knew everything that was going on in the process and understood, he was always there if I had a concern or problem, he gets excited with you when everything goes right & sad with you when it doesn’t but it’s always optimistic and keeps you going when you don’t feel like you can go anymore. He will always be a big part of our hearts!!
CNY is absolutely amazing!! It’s so relaxing which is very important with something so nerve racking! I have not seen any weaknesses. Everyone who works there are so sweet and wonderful! I would never think of going anywhere else! I would travel from the other side of the earth just to go to CNY... Kris Ziegler is absolutely amazing!! I have really small veins so I would have to get blood drawn from my hands, she was the only one I would let touch me with a needle!!
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He made sure I knew everything that was going on in the process and understood, he was always there if I had a concern or problem, he gets excited with you when everything goes right & sad with you when it doesn’t but it’s always optimistic and keeps you going when you don’t feel like you can go anymore. He will always be a big part of our hearts!!
Put your trust in Dr. Arroyo!! He knows what he is doing & will try his best to make your dreams come true!!
Dr. Arroyo was very kind & knowledgeable, he knows what he’s talking about and he makes you feel comfortable with the whole process!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Ziegler )
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Monitoring was so easy, sometimes there was a little wait but nothing to bad
For consultation, 2 IUI’s & 1 IVF & around 8,000
Hamburg (closed)

He [Dr. Arroyo] was the most comforting and compassionate doctor I have seen. He weighed every option and was very through with all treatment. He made you feel like you were the only patient that he was seeing at that time. I never felt rushed durning appointments....For all my cycles we tried lovenox and progesterone prior to a positive due to the multiple miscarriages. With my last iui that took we added low dose hcg daily but still ended in miscarriage
The only weakness I see is sometimes they [CNY] seem disorganized but besides that they are wonderful. Always helpful with any questions and concerns. They go above and beyond when it comes to helping you with treament... The only trouble I ran into was issues with getting scripts sent to the correct pharmacy... Kris is the PA at the clinic that I am currently seeing. Her and the staff are warm and welcoming
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He was the most comforting and compassionate doctor I have seen. He weighed every option and was very through with all treatment. He made you feel like you were the only patient that he was seeing at that time. I never felt rushed durning appointments.
I have no advice or issues
He took his time with me explaining everything in detail from start to finish. With surgeries and my miscarriage he was very caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The only weakness I see is sometimes they seem disorganized but besides that they are wonderful. Always helpful with any questions and concerns. They go above and beyond when it comes to helping you with treament
Most of my costs came from Ultrasounds and medications as of right now I have totaled around 12,000 with all past treatment
Have not moved on to ivf due to cost
Hamburg (closed)
Dr. Arroyo is a fabulous, positive man. He is always looking for the most successful way to create a pregnancy with each woman individually, as all women may have different needs or problems. He is kind, understanding and takes into consideration what the patient want s.... Dr. Arroyo was very understanding of my needs, yet gave me guidance when he felt something was important that I do or do not do. He always made things comfortable. He never made me feel like I was being rushed out of my appointment, but rather that I was important to CNY.
There was a time that a nurse [at CNY Syracuse] had conflicting information that she gave me based on her own opinion of my treatment. I did not agree, and talked to the doctor about my concerns. She said one thing, he told me to specifically go by HIS direction. It was cleared up quickly.... Sometimes it is important to be your own advocate! CNY is wonderful, But with so many patients and staff it can he hard to keep everyone on the same page. If you want to try something, vocalize. They will hear you and help you.
Be open to new ideas!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff is very busy, but very kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
It was significantly less than other fertility clinics world wide!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
There was a time that a nurse had conflicting information that she gave me based on her own opinion of my treatment. I did not agree, and talked to the doctor about my concerns. She said one thing, he told me to specifically go by HIS direction. It was cleared up quickly.
Syracuse

So positive and kind hearted. He [Dr. Armando Arroyo] demonstrated knowledge and understood what we were asking and what we should do. He made us feel like when we left our first appointment things seemed positive and no matter what to keep a positive attitude because within time it will happen. I would recommend him to anyone going through the same thing I am.
I love everything about cny! Such a beautiful environment at all the locations I have been so far. Everyone knows and understands what your going through. With infertility being such a hush hush topic, it is nice to be able to walk in to the clinic and feel and see how many other women are in the same pair of shoes as I am.... [The nurses are] Super friendly and passionate about what they are doing. They make sure your in the best hands possible.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
So positive and kind hearted. He demonstrated knowledge and understood what we were asking and what we should do. He made us feel like when we left our first appointment things seemed positive and no matter what to keep a positive attitude because within time it will happen. I would recommend him to anyone going through the same thing I am.
Stay positive.
He was so friendly and took the time to listen to us. So kind hearted and positive!
Monitoring and medications. Testing as well to make sure there isn't anything else wrong.
Payment plan
Rochester

I think Dr. Arroyo is very personable and he listens to concerns and questions. He takes the time to make sure we understand the processes and the answers he provides. He stays positive and gives a good sense of encouragement. He has fun when appropriate and is serious when needed and provides support.... He took the time to really explain the process and he listens. It seems like he wants success for us.... I feel CNY does a great job with making patients feel comfortable.
I feel CNY does a great job with making patients feel comfortable. From the welcoming, non-clinical decor, to the personal attention patients are given, to the amazingly supportive complimentary fertility yoga classes weekly, and the expertise and innovations that come with it, this practice is truly one of a kind....They listen well and share their optimism.... I think Dr. Arroyo is very personable and he listens to concerns and questions. He takes the time to make sure we understand the processes and the answers he provides.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Hear him out and advocate for the path you believe is right for you.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
They listen well and share their optimism.
Rochester

He [Dr. Arryoy] took the time to actually listen to me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and it felt like he actually cared about my situation... Very caring and very detailed. He has never left me wondering what’s next or questioning his ability. He has made sure to answer every question and actually ask me questions to further my understanding.... Ask questions! He will answer them or if he doesn’t know the answer he will figure it out and make sure to get back to you.
They [CNY - Albany] are amazing. They offer so many extra ways to relax. They have a spa and acupuncture. They also have a payment plan for the ivf to make it affordable which makes the stress a lot less. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who doesn’t have insurance that covers ivf and even ones that do!... Very caring and willing to answer any questions I had. Very detailed on how the whole process of IVF is and didn’t leave anything out.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Again he was amazing so far! Very caring and very detailed. He has never left me wondering what’s next or questioning his ability. He has made sure to answer every question and actually ask me questions to further my understanding.
He took the time to actually listen to me and answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed and it felt like he actually cared about my situation
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tricia)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are amazing. They offer so many extra ways to relax. They have a spa and acupuncture. They also have a payment plan for the ivf to make it affordable which makes the stress a lot less. I would recommend this clinic to anyone who doesn’t have insurance that covers ivf and even ones that do!
Latham
2015 - 2018, Successful
I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.... I appreciate their use of Eastern and western medicine. I truly believe that their ability to consider options that are "outside of the box" is what finely led to our very first BFP in over 4.5 years. We we're very pleased with our experience from start to finish.
I appreciate their [CNY-Hamburg] use of Eastern and western medicine. I truly believe that their ability to consider options that are "outside of the box" is what finely led to our very first BFP in over 4.5 years. We we're very pleased with our experience from start to finish.... $3900 for IVF cycle and $250 for the FET... I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Having been seen by several different doctors in my ttc journey, I would say that Dr. Arroyo was invested in our case, but more "easygoing" than other doctors. I do think this helped me, as I tend to be anxious, but I would often work with the nurse on the finer details.
Have any potential questions prepared, but I would say that about any doctor.
Very experienced, caring, patient, and easy to work with.
$3900 for IVF cycle and $250 for the FET
2018, Consult
[Dr. Armando Arroyo was] Very warm in his approach when speaking about fertility with me and compassionate. Never let me to believe that it was impossible in spite of my age. I was given full attention no background distractions no calls from nurses no interruptions at all I didn’t feel rushed my appointment was a phone appointment and the goodbyes were done when I was ready...the doctor is very informative. There is no stone left unturned.
environment [at CNY Fertility Center - Syracuse] was very pleasing and it trickles down from the upper chain of command...the doctors are very nice very compassionate and takes every single situation into account and individualize it based on the patient’s needs...The clinic seem very organized but it’s difficult to get someone on the phone or at the front desk. There of been times where I could not reach a staff member and they may reach out the following day business day that is
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask all necessary questions the doctor is very informative. There is no stone left unturned.
Very pleasant spoke with a lot of compassion
I visited the office from North Carolina afterwards I had phone conversations no cycles have been done at the moment
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Do you environment was very pleasing and it trickles down from the upper chain of command the doctors are very nice very compassionate and takes every single situation into account and individualize it based on the patient’s needs that’s a part of the entire staff
Expensive...but, understandable
Syracuse

He was very sympathetic to me for my recent loss. Also for the reason of my infertility. He explained what treatment course I should take before I went on to try IVF. Dr Arroyo made me have the feeling of not giving up on becoming pregnant. ... He suggested I try two more IUI cycles before I moved on the IVF. I would also start using injectable medication instead of pili form.
I always understand what I need to do when I leave the office. I feel more relaxed and more like a person with the staff at CNY. ... Only once I did not receive all call for my STAT blood work. But It could of been because I went to an outside lab. I'm not blaming the staff on that. ... I was always greeted when I walked in the door by my name. I never had to be asked who I am.
How was your experience with Armando Arroyo at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very sympathetic to me for my recent loss. Also for the reason of my infertility. He explained what treatment course I should take before I went on to try IVF. Dr Arroyo made me have the feeling of not giving up on becoming pregnant. He also shared success stories of people getting pregnant which made me have hope that one day it will be me.
Stay strong through this journey. There are a lot of downs before there are ups. In the end I believe in the end it will all worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kris Zegler)
Everyone was so nice to me they made me so comfortable. I always understand what I need to do when I leave the office. I feel more relaxed and more like a person with the staff at CNY.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The environment is very warm and inviting. It does not feel whatsoever like a Doctors office. I would actually go bare foot in the office. The staff are always so friendly and they know you by name. I never feel rushed like I am on an Assembly line when I have my appointments. I love the fact when I go CNY there is not thirty people in the waiting room. Also they work with your appointment times because it is not easy working a full time job having to leave during work.
My first visit was 550.00 4 IUI motoring cycles at 700.00 3 Artificial Inseminations at 162.50 each 3 thaw cryopreserved Sperm at 162.50 Plus medications I had 4 IUI's before I came to CNY
N/A have not did IVF