Available by cell phone
ResidencyU. of Miami
FellowshipUMDNJ
4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33146
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Armando Hernandez-Rey to a friend?
9.9

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Florida to a friend?
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
As a women who instead of admiring prince and princesses I admired what being a mother meant because of how amazing my grandmother was to me. So not understanding why I wasn’t getting pregnant on my own after seeing multiple OBGYNs who all had different opinions, I was devastated. I was finally referred to Dr Hernandez which ended up finding out exactly what was wrong. I have stage 4 endometriosis, blocked tubes because of it & had some polyps. As heart wrenching as it was to hear that I couldn’t get pregnant without IVF his care and professionalism gave me peace. My husband and I are so grateful for him and how he assures us that he will give us our miracle when we’re ready. Maggie in the office has reached out to me after hours multiple times just to make sure I am okay. They truly care. I am forever and ever grateful to them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
I really have nothing bad to say. The amount that’s charged isn’t easy to afford, however, It’s worth it for the care received.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
The day of my diagnosis, being 29 years old and always wanting to be a mother since I was younger and being told I need ivf due to the many issues I had was devastating especially when we do not have the funds to make this dream come true. Dr Hernandez stayed with me through the tears, hugged me and assured me he is going to take care of me and make me a mom. He makes me feel comfortable and confident. H
Describe the protocols Armando Hernandez-Rey used in your cycles at Conceptions Florida and their degree of success.
Unfortunately, my husband and I have not been able to start treatment because of the cost, However, I had been spotting for years which I had a D&C for by another doctor and wasn’t resolved. Dr Hernandez performed a laparoscopic surgery on me to removed my tubes and fix my endometriosis. I stopped spotting! :) I am currently on birth control until we’re ready.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Maggie is amazing. Maggie calls me after hours sometimes just to check and make sure I am okay. Every time i’m there, She’s very detailed and answers all questions. I LOVE her! Alex is a sweetheart. Same as Maggie. Ashley I haven’t had much contact with because I have started my IVf treatment. From the conversations I have had, she’s very sweet and efficient
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
This office is great. They’re caring and treat you like family. I honestly cannot think of any weaknesses. It’s hard to be happy when you walk in somewhere that you’re reminded of your diagnosis but they make it so easy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida.
So far, Around $3,000
Describe Armando Hernandez-Rey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Florida.
No concerns. I trust them whole heartedly
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
In this harsh world of infertility, every patient needs a doctor who can empathize and go above and beyond to make them (the patient) feel as comfortable as possible. Dr. Hernandez-Rey is exactly that kind of doctor. While being upfront and honest about everything and anything that has to do with any cycle or treatment, he also portrays concern for the patient as if it were his family. Dr. Hernandez-Rey truly does care about his patients and everything they have to go through. He never once made me feel pressured into doing any one specific treatment instead of another. He will always give his best advice based on knowledge an experience but lets the patient "run the show". In one of my first cycles of IVF he gave me his personal number in case I had any questions or concerns because of all the emotional stress I had been under. He knew that my husband at the time (Ex-husband now) was deployed overseas and it was an extremely difficult time for me. Every time I had any questions or if I was getting results, he himself would be the one to call me. Besides being a very knowledgeable doctor, he is also a very personable doctor as well.
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is that Dr. Hernandez-Rey has a lot of knowledge and experience with infertility. He is also very dependable in many aspects. He stays up to date on any new technology or treatment options that may affect the outcome of certain treatments and cycles. Along with the knowledge, experience, and dependability, he has amazing bed side manners which can make this journey a great experience.
At every visit and experience with Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff, I felt very cared for and important. The doctor and his staff always made me feel welcomed and showed unconditional love and support through each cycle and treatment that I went through.
Before starting any treatment, Dr. Hernandez-Rey requested all kinds of labs in order to develop a baseline and a specific course of treatment just for me based on the results. After multiple lab test, the main factor in my infertility was my ovarian reserve/egg quality and also my husband's sperm (Ex-husband currently). Dr. Hernandez-Rey was very honest in a compassionate way explaining my results and then going over the best plan of action to achieve a successful pregnancy. First treatment: Since I was out of town a lot that summer, the first treatment was oral medication to help my ovaries and just normal intercourse. Unfortunately that treatment was not successful. Second Treatment: First IVF cycle. I was on an aggressive dose of injection medication to produce a lot of eggs. Dr. Hernandez-Rey told me that although it was an aggressive dose of those medications, due to my low ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, he was not expecting a lot of eggs at retrieval. On retrieval day, he was able to retrieve 4 eggs. Out of the 4, 3 were viable. And out of the 3 eggs, zero fertilized. On this cycle, I used my husband at the time, now ex-husband, frozen sperm. Dr. Hernandez-Rey believed due to my poor egg quality and the frozen sperm, which was not the best quality either, caused the outcome of no fertilization on any of the 3 eggs. Third Treatment: Second IVF cycle. Due to my continued diagnosis of low ovarian reserve, Dr. Hernandez-Rey decided to do a mini-stim (Mini Stimulation) which means it would be a low dose of oral medication along with a low dose of injections. Since no matter how aggressive we go in stimulation medication, I will most likely respond with a low number of eggs, then doing a mini-stim will still produce a low number of eggs, but those eggs will be of better quality. Per the protocol that was set up just for my case, I took a few days or oral and about 3-4 days of low dose injection medication. On egg retrieval day, 2 eggs were retrieved and 1 was fertilized with the donor sperm I had purchased since this was something I was doing on my own. There is nothing more I want than to be a mother to a beautiful healthy child. I had gotten divorced and with my time being very limited due to my diminished ovarian reserve, then I decided to purchase donor sperm to have my child. On day 5 embryo transfer, the embryologist spoke to me explaining how my embryo had developed in the past 5 days. He provided a picture of the embryo and explained as much as he could about the embryo itself. I remember him mentioning that it was a grade A embryo! Then I saw Dr. Hernandez-Rey in the procedure room while they were prepping me for the transfer. He was the doctor who was transferring my one and only good embryo. He explained all the details of the transfer and answered any questions I had pertaining to the embryo transfer. The transfer went great and then about 10 days later i went in for a blood pregnancy test. The test came back positive! My HCG levels had some trouble doubling when it was suppose to but nonetheless I was pregnant! My first ultrasound at 6 weeks showed a sac, and a fetal pole with a flutter heartbeat. I went two weeks later to make sure everything progressed as it should have been and also check the heartbeat again. Unfortunately at this ultrasound the baby had no heartbeat. I was scheduled for a D&C the following Monday. About 2 weeks after the procedure, I had a follow up visit with Dr. Hernandez-Rey to go over the pathology results. The results showed abnormal male which meant it was a boy and that he had 2 chromosomal abnormalities due to my poor egg quality. All cycles are difficult but this one was very tough for me. I felt like I had gotten a little closer to my dreams coming true and just like that it was gone. I have not given up. I know that Dr. Hernandez-Rey has not given up either and will continue to guide me in the right direction to help me obtain a successful pregnancy and birth. .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Grinstead)
The entire staff at Conceptions Florida are amazing! With as busy as they are, they make the time to explain anything you ask and go out of their way to make sure you feel great and comfortable. The 2 main IVF nurse coordinators are such blessings! Since during my last treatment I did not have a significant other, they were my support team the entire time. They are very compassionate, patient, empathizing and very professional. Everyone from the front desk all the way to the nurse in the procedure room was so great! I cannot say enough how much they really made this experience a great one, regardless of the unfortunate results.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I think the clinics strengths are how they are so advanced with technology which makes staying connected for everything much easier. They answer emails quickly, and use the patient portal to communicate with patients in the most efficient way. Wait times when you have any appointment are not bad at all. Every cycle for any treatment you are receiving is very organized and personalized depending on your needs. Some weaknesses are: Depending on the reason for your visit, the wait time to get an appointment to see Dr. Hernandez-Rey may take more than a few weeks. But I believe if you explain your situation, they will be more than willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Florida.
For monitoring appointments, it was based on what was most convenient to you as long as it was between specific hours since the lab pick up was at a certain time and results had to be given to the patient the same day. Once you arrived for your appointment, the wait was very minimal. Sometimes there was no wait at all. For all monitoring appointments this clinic is very well organized while at the same time being flexible with patients schedules.
For my IVF cycle treatments, the cost varied around $9K - $12K. That did not include the cost of the medications needed for each cycle. The office manager and Dr. Hernandez-Rey were very fair when it came to pricing for each cycle. Since the last cycle I did and the future cycle I will be doing will be on my own, anything helps. This infertility journey besides it being a very emotional rollercoaster, it is also a big financial rollercoaster and stress.
In all my cycles, there was no need to decide how many embryos to transfer. Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff did speak to me before starting any cycle about how many embryos they recommend transferring depending on the women age, egg quality and embryo quality.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I wanted 2 embryos in the first cycle but the doctor [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] always recommended me 1 at the time, because all the risks associated to multiple pregnancy... Dr. Hernandez and his team have shown genuine care for my case along every step of the way. When I came for an initial consultation they recommended the simplest and least expensive procedure, the IUI. After several failed attempts, and given other risk factors and symptoms, Dr. Hernandez recommended an exploratory surgery to determine whether I had endometriosis. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and given the Fallopian tubes damage, he recommended IVF as the best alternative to increase the probability of conception. So that is where we are now.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dealing with infertility for many years and having the hope to conceive some day you have the expectation to find a good doctor that cares about you and tries to give you the best options to reach your goal. Before my husband and I met Dr. Hernandez, we didn't know what to expect, and he and his team have been very friendly and warm to us explaining our options. Dr. Hernandez and his team have shown genuine care for my case along every step of the way. When I came for an initial consultation they recommended the simplest and least expensive procedure, the IUI. After several failed attempts, and given other risk factors and symptoms, Dr. Hernandez recommended an exploratory surgery to determine whether I had endometriosis. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and given the Fallopian tubes damage, he recommended IVF as the best alternative to increase the probability of conception. So that is where we are now.
Never give up!!!
I did 4 IUIs. After 4 failed attempts, and given other risk factors and symptoms, such as a lot of blood and very painful periods, as well as painful intercourses, Dr. Hernandez recommended an exploratory surgery to determine whether I had endometriosis. I was diagnosed with endometriosis after the surgery and my Fallopian tubes were damaged, so he recommended IVF as the best alternative to increase the probability of conception. I went through 1 cycle of egg retrieval using injectable medication and 2 frozen embryo transfers using injectable medication and hormones (Lupron, Progesrerone and Stradiol patches). Since this failed, the doctor recommended to practice a biopsy test to check the Uterus' receptivity and if I have endometritis. Once we get the results the Dr. recommended to do a frozen embryo transfer without hormones. So that is where we are now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Gina and Anay)
All the nursing staff are very friendly and care about you.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is very warm and clean with a friendly environment. The only thing that I saw is that you have to wait more than 1 month for the first appointment. Everything else for me was perfect. Thanks
They were ok.
All the fertility treatments are expensive and it depends on the options that you select.
I wanted 2 embryos in the first cycle but the doctor always recommended me 1 at the time, because all the risks associated to multiple pregnancy
Coral Gables

Dr. Hernandez did share that there could be complications with transferring multiple embryos but didn't feel my risk would be high because of my age and health. When we got to transfer day they only had 2 and only one of the 2 were fully developed but they transferred both anyways with my permission. I love that they allow the patient to decide as long as they know there will be no adverse affect...always manages to show genuine care and compassion. Not only did he see us for almost every one of our visits but he also made himself available to call personally any time there was any bad news that was going to be shared. He had a unique way of telling you the information you needed to hear, weather good or bad, in a way that made you feel hopeful about whatever next steps needed to take place.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez is truly one of a kind. I can't imagine how many times a day he has to have the same conversations with patients over and over again but always manages to show genuine care and compassion. Not only did he see us for almost every one of our visits but he also made himself available to call personally any time there was any bad news that was going to be shared. He had a unique way of telling you the information you needed to hear, weather good or bad, in a way that made you feel hopeful about whatever next steps needed to take place.
You are going to be in good hands, trust that he know what he is doing.
At Conceptions Florida you are treated like a person and not a number. Their facility is welcoming, clean and modern and their staff is very friendly. They take all the time you need to let you share your concerns and answer any questions you might have without feeling rushed or asking too much. They all call you by first name which to me was very impressive given the amount of patients they see. I felt like they were giving me a treatment specific to my need and not just a plan they give to everyone. It felt like home.
My husband and I were dealing with Male Factor Infertility only. My husband was placed on clomid and other supplements in hopes that they would help with his low count, however, none of those helped. We decided to move forward with a TESE and Egg Retrieval on the same day which resulted in collection 18 eggs. Out of the 18 eggs, 12 were mature and they were able to find just enough sperm in my husband to fertilize all 12. By the next day we had 6 embryos, on day five one was fully developed and the other was at about 70% so they recommended we transfer both. Out of the two only one stuck and we remained pregnant but miscarried at 9 weeks 6 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany, Alex, Chelsea and Angie )
All the nurses at Conceptions Florida are great, it feels like a family when I go there. Brittany was my nurse and I truly believe she is heaven sent. She was placed on this earth to help people like me that are struggling with infertility. As many know, you can't talk to family and friends when going through this because they simply do not understand and Brittany was my go to person. She was always there for me, answered questions, showed compassion and genuine care. I would email with a million questions and she would email back immediately with all the answers and more. I am just so thankful to have her in my life during a journey that is so difficult.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is a great facility with a great friendly staff, you would be making the right choice in choosing them. The facility itself is clean and modern with state of the art equipment. You already feel like you have an advantage over other places but what truly makes it special is the doctors and the staff. Good people are hard to come across and they found a way to find them all and employ them at Conceptions Florida.
My experience was seamless with all of my appointments. I never had to wait long, they took me in at the time of my appointment and I knew what to expect so I was never there for longer than anticipated.
Hmm. Insurance was able to cover some of the expenses, after what they covered, which was 70% after a $1,500 deductible, I had to pay a little over $7,000 and another $5,000 for medication.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
My only complaint is that he [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] sometimes rushes through his appointments. ... From the first consultation to our second FET the doctor was great. He was very honest about treatment possibilities and possible outcomes. He correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis when other doctors told me I had PCOS so that was wonderful to have a doctor who actually understood my issues. With the MFI Dr. H was knowledgeable and also comforting whenever the results were not what we expected.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
From the first consultation to our second FET the doctor was great. He was very honest about treatment possibilities and possible outcomes. He correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis when other doctors told me I had PCOS so that was wonderful to have a doctor who actually understood my issues. With the MFI Dr. H was knowledgeable and also comforting whenever the results were not what we expected. My only complaint is that he sometimes rushes through his appointments. When the clinic gets busy - and it DOES! - the waiting time was longer than the amount of time he spent in the room with you. When I've had questions and concerns during an appointment sometimes he wasn't available to see me and I would need to rely on a nurse or PA.
My advice would be to write down everything you discuss in all your appointments. He or the nurses can give a lot of information and it can be overwhelming to remember everything. Also, the waiting times in the AM are extremely long after 9am. Your best bet is to get the super early 7:30am-8:30am slots or after 11am.
In his office, you get a dedicated nurse that will handle all your questions and concerns from day 1. You can reach out to your nurse and she will always call you back or reply to your email within 24 hours. The team in the office takes the time to know you and your partner and are extremely friendly. In another place we went, we were given a card with a number to scan whenever we had an appointment, we never spoke to the same person and had so many different doctors sometimes your appointments felt like you had to reintroduce yourself every time.
In order to properly diagnose me with endometriosis, he had me do a pelvic MRI with contrast (twice) to see if there were any fibroids or other anomalies inside the uterus. The results were proper diagnosis of my endo condition and that i also have a bit of adenomyosis (?) that have gotten a bit larger over the last two years. He also recommended that for my next egg retrieval we start with lower doses of the medications because I over stimulated the first time and he wants to prevent over stimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Anay Verde)
Anay and the other nurses at this clinic are extremely helpful, compassionate and understanding. Even though they go through the process of IVF with so many patients they remember you specifically and your situations. I was able to always get a hold of someone especially via email after work hours for any concerns I had. My only complaint is that I could see how some of the nurses played favorites with certain patients and if they for some reason disliked the patient they were rude or cold with them and not as helpful.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinics strengths are that it is located in a great location and the staff is wonderful. I love that they have their own embryonic area that he uses to store embryos. The weakness is the amount of time it takes to get the first appointment could be months, the office is clean but almost sterile and uninviting. Also, sometimes the phones go unanswered because of how heavy the call volume is. As a new patient, prepare to wait. The move their cycle patients faster than the new appointments.
this clinic starts everyone on their treatments at the same time, so they do what they call MONTHLY CYCLES. For all your monitoring you have to go in the AM with everyone else that is also mid cycle for whatever their treatments are - FET, egg retrieval, donors etc - and if you do not go first thing in the morning the waiting time is almost 2 hours. They are not flexible when it comes to monitoring appointments, they have specific slots that are available for their patients currently undergoing treatments vs those that need follow ups or consultations
For my first FET that included egg retrieval, i had insurance coverage for infertility up to $20,000 (including meds). We maxed out my coverage right before my FET (transfer) and had to pay an additional $4000(+-) out of pocket to cover the thawing of the embryos and the anesthesiologist charge. For my second FET (not including Egg retrieval) it was a total of $5,065 out of pocket, including medications. an FET is approximately $21,000 plus the cost of meds and a fresh transfer is about $17,000 plus meds.
Dr. H encouraged us to transfer two embryos our first FET to help raise the odds of pregnancy. This method worked but unfortunately we had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. The second FET we transferred our last embryo and that resulted in a chemical pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
From the second we sat down at his office, we felt a warm presence, caring, willing to listen to our story ( patiently ) plus giving us time to ask questions. We never felt rushed. Dr Rey Hernandez always asks how I am feeling, during procedures as well. He explains what to expect before doing something and during. I'm just completely at ease and know he is doing the best for my husband and I
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
My experience with Dr Rey Hernandez has always been a positive one. I've never felt pressured or rushed in deciding a treatment and or surgery. He successfully removed 13 fibroids including 1 in my Uterus. Even my scar is nearly invisible. After fibroid surgery, we thought IUI was next and instead he recommended we try on our own. I loved that I never felt he just wanted to collect money from us.
Have your questions and concerns ready and don't be afraid to take your time.
I 100% felt like a human. Weird to describe it that way but from the second we sat down at his office, we felt a warm presence, caring, willing to listen to our story ( patiently ) plus giving us time to ask questions. We never felt rushed. Dr Rey Hernandez always asks how I am feeling, during procedures as well. He explains what to expect before doing something and during. I'm just completely at ease and know he is doing the best for my husband and I .
IUI: I started Clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Had 2, maybe 3 follow up appts which included ultrasounds to monitor the growth of the follicles. I was told to take my trigger shot and came to the office 2 days later for the insemination. He recommended a second insemination the following day so we did that!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Our experience with the clinic has always been a good one. I would say that I'm not 100% in love with our current nurse. She is a little "cold" / emotionless. When she explains things it comes out very robotic. We had a previous nurse (can't remember her name ) that was the opposite! We loved her!

How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez-Rey has been so amazing. He is very honest and is what I want from a doctor. He knows so much about my body and my health. He also understands my feelings and works with me and my husband.
To be honest with him and he will be very honest with you. You have to be an open book with him.
Dr. Hernandez-Rey takes his time with me. It was a very emotional time for us. I have endometriosis and it has affected my egg quality and he has been very honest with the whole time. The first time he meet me and my husband he told us that he was worry about me not my husband. My husband has a spinal cord injury on our honeymoon 8 years ago. Which left him paralyzed. But we have overcome many bumps and this will be another that we will overcome. Dr. Hernandez-Rey got me pregnant but unfortunately I miscarriage. But he has been amazing through this journey.
Our first IVF was cancelled due to poor response my second IVF he starter my dose at the highest and it worked. I had a totally if 12 eggs. He was able to get 7 eggs and 4 were good embryos. He put me on 3 weeks on birth control and starter me on the shots for two weeks. I did get pregnant but unfortunately I miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany and Gina)
My nurses cry with me and we're there for me to hold my hand every step of the way. They called me every other day to tell me my blood levels and etc. They would respond to my emails within the same day. I appreciate them and adore them for being so calming through the storm
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I truly believe that office has everything they need to help anybody going through IVF or IUI.
I did not have to wait much when I would get there. I would wait about 10 minutes and than I would go in for blood work and u/s.
The cycle cost about $12,000 plus medications

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is a truly compassionate soul who is a blessing in the sad and difficult field of infertility. He is extremely caring and loving and right from the get go, when I talked to him, I saw in his eyes that his willingness to help women like me is what keeps him going and makes him happy...I consider Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff as my FAMILY. He promised me he would help me, in spite of my age and conditions, and he more than delivered. Since the beginning I was a friend, a member of his family, not only a patient, and I truly believe my miracles (fraternal twins) are here in my belly thanks to the love and attention him and his staff gave me in every single visit. I truly don't have words to thank him...
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is a truly compassionate soul who is a blessing in the sad and difficult field of infertility. He is extremely caring and loving and right from the get go, when I talked to him, I saw in his eyes that his willingness to help women like me is what keeps him going and makes him happy. As soon as I arrived to my first consultation and saw him, I knew he was the one. It was like falling in love. You just know. And I just knew that he would be the one to help me become a mom. I waited too many years to seek medical help hoping for a "natural"miracle that never came. Then one day I decided I was going to take control of my fertility. I went to see him and, in the middle of my desperation and heartache, I discovered that hope is possible no matter the age. Age is not a factor when you truly want to be a mom. Being his patient has been a blessing. Being his friend is a privilege. I am sure we will be for the rest of our lives.
If you are looking for the most caring, loving and compassionate fertility doctor in Miami, Florida, go see him right now. Don't wait anymore. He can help you. I am proof.
I used donor eggs because I was born with "bad" eggs. Thankfully, a relative helped me for free. I also used donor sperm because I am a single woman. It was a very fast and easy process. Just synching our cycles (me and my female donor), starting her on stim medications and waiting for the retrieval. In the meantime, I was prepped with hormone medications and after a short period of time, we were transferring. Straightforward, seamless and accurate. Every case is different and I don't want to give too many details. I can tell prospective patients: your case will be thoroughly analyzed and a customized plan that perfectly suits your conditions and situation will be created for you. You will be given all the options applicable to you and you will be taken care and loved along the way by a wonderful team of doctors and staff, from beginning to end. Like I was. And I truly don't know how to thank my Conceptions Florida family for that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Gina Aguiar)
Gina is also a special soul. Compassionate, loving, caring and positive, she was there for me every step of the way, to the point that I consider her my friend and family. When I had doubts, she was there to clarify them. When I was scared or frustrated, she was always there making me feel secure and sending those fears away. She is the best nurse I have ever met in my entire life. Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his team are lucky to have her. And I am lucky to have been her patient.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I consider Conceptions Florida my home. They are located in a very central area, called Coral Gables, a beautiful city that is reachable by car in fifteen minutes from everywhere in Miami. There is plenty of parking in the covered lot adjacent to the clinic and the building is very modern and spacious. The general atmosphere at the clinic is very welcoming and soothing, and the simple, yet comfortable furnishings, give it a very chic, hotel-like look and feel that is super pleasing and anti-anxiety. From the front desk staff, to the nurses in the OR rooms, to the other doctors, to the medical assistants, the wonderful administrator, and other employees, everyone is excellent. The level of care I received coming in the door for the first time is unsurpassed. Like me, you will feel totally at home and relaxed and all the anxiety and hesitation will melt away, not only with the care you will receive but also with the smiles and the words of encouragement you will hear all the time. In my case, those smiles and those words gave me the confidence to go on. Besides, there are chocolates and candies waiting for you everywhere. Just a sweet reward while you wait or before you go home. For me, nothing compares.
The cost depends on every case. I don't want to give details that can be misleading. All I know is that the clinic will work for you and accommodate you 100%. They did with me and I am completely sure they will with you.
Coral Gables

He [Dr. Armando Hernandez-Rey] is one of the sweetest doctor's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would recommend him and his staff to all my friends and family if I know they are having difficulty with pregnancy issues. He listens to all your concerns and tries to help calm you down and make you feel better....I did a few cycles using Clomid, the injectable to release the egg (can't remember the name) and then IUI. Had failed cycles with Clomid and we switched from Clomid to Gonal injectable followed by again the injectable to release the egg, and IUI. Bam-pregnant. Worked like a charm. Clomid stimulated my follicle development, however sometimes apparently Clomid can produce too much mucus which still prevents sperm from reaching the egg; which is what we figured was going on.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He is one of the sweetest doctor's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would recommend him and his staff to all my friends and family if I know they are having difficulty with pregnancy issues. He listens to all your concerns and tries to help calm you down and make you feel better.
There are going to be many, many, many long days, weeks, months of waiting. Every person's body respond differently to these medications. You have to give it several cycle's to try and determine if it is the best "plan" for you and if it's not he will adjust it to try and different route. Every one will tell you have patience and "it'll happen" and these are so hard to believe. But, you have to live one day at a time and let the drugs work and trust you have one of the best fertility specialists and he will help you through the hard times.
He spent as much time with you as you needed to explain whatever you needed explaining for.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Brand new office with state of the art surgical center (for egg retrieval and other small, invasive procedures), great lab, great exam rooms, modern clean design.
Coral Gables

He [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] was straightforward, but sincere. He told me bluntly what I was to expect, but gave me room to be emotional. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions with the same compassion and sympathy no matter how many times I asked it.... He didn’t push us towards one route over another. He thoroughly explained the process for both IUI and IVF and told my husband and I to think about what we felt would work best for us.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Aside from loving him for making our dreams of starting a family come true, I knew from the moment I met him that I loved him. He was straightforward, but sincere. He told me bluntly what I was to expect, but gave me room to be emotional. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions with the same compassion and sympathy no matter how many times I asked it. We were initially told that IVF would be our best option, simply based on the test results I presented him with during my very first consultation with him. He wanted to see if there were any changes in my lab work so once the second round of results came in, he felt that there was a possibility that a less invasive route had potential to be successful. He didn’t push us towards one route over another. He thoroughly explained the process for both IUI and IVF and told my husband and I to think about what we felt would work best for us. We chose to attempt IUI first, which unfortunately, was unsuccessful. We could have tried a couple more times, but as a team, we decided that because my poor egg quality and low ovarian reserve were what we were up against, that IVF gave us more control over the situation. We needed to be able to find good quality eggs going the IVF route, as opposed to hoping that my body would give us a good one with each IUI cycle. I’m glad we chose to move forward with the more aggressive route instead of attempting further IUI cycles. I started my stims in a matter of a few weeks after our IUI cycle. I was working nights, 12 hour shifts, at a hospital, yet Dr Hernandez-Rey always found a way to make himself available to me whenever I needed him. At the time of my IVF, DrHernandez-Rey’s current state of the art facility was still under construction, which meant my retrieval and transfer both took place at a fertility clinic with an on site lab and surgical suite in Boca Raton, but all performed by Dr. Hernandez-Rey himself. I’d have gladly traveled anywhere to stay under his care!
In general, facing infertility, my advice would be to take everything one step at a time. Getting ahead of yourself is a recipe for disaster. In regards to fertility treatments with Dr. Hernandez-Rey, I would say that no question is a stupid question. He genuinely wants to know you and your thoughts and emotions, he wants to understand you on a personal level. Ask every question you need answered and ask them again if you need further reassurance. Know that he will tell it like it is, but it comes from a place of sympathy and genuine desire to help you reach your goals of starting the family you have so desperately longed for.
I felt that I was taken care of based on my individual needs. During my initial consultation, I walked into Dr. Hernandez-Rey’s office with all of my blood work and other test results, believing I would be told that there were no barriers in place to hinder my ability to get pregnant on my own, yet as soon as he started looking over my numbers, he said “I don’t like this, I don’t like that. We are going to redraw labs and I’m going to do an ultrasound”. I was then taken into an adjacent room where a trasnvaginal ultrasound was performed. Once that was complete, Dr. Hernandez-Rey informed me that I had a low ovarian reserve, that my body was almost acting as if it were on the verge of menopause and that if I truly wanted to make this a reality, we would need to act quickly and aggressively. As the room started to close in around me and I felt like my world had just ended, he gently placed his hand on me and told me he was on the journey with us, whatever we chose to do based on our diagnosis, and would do his very best to make our dreams come true. It was a small gesture, but it was so genuine. Through the heartache that I experienced in that appointment, I was still able to clearly see the kind, caring soul that is Dr. Armando Hernandez-Rey. I knew leaving that appointment, that HE was the one we were supposed to take that wild ride with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Mayra and Gina )
Both Mayra (whom no longer is part of the Conceptions team) and Gina went above and beyond in their efforts to make me feel comfortable and to assure I understood all information that was relayed. I had access to them through email and was able to contact them at any time with any concern and they were great about always getting back to me in a timely manner. They are compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Unfortunately, because the current clinic was under construction during my IUI and subsequent IVF cycle, I cannot give an adequate review of the facility and its newer personnel, as the staff has grown with the opening of the current facility. I can say that, during my care, I was always treated with the utmost respect and appreciate the caring nature of each staff member I came in contact with, whether it was the front desk staff, the financial coordinator, the techs who drew my labs, the nurses who sat with me before, during and after each procedure, and especially for Dr. Hernandez-Rey himself.
We were given 2 IVF package options. One option was for a full cycle which included a number of monitoring ultrasounds and lab work, egg retrieval and transfer. The second option, which is the one we chose, included all of the first package, as well as a second transfer of frozen embryos should the first transfer have been unsuccessful.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
I think he [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] was great bedside manners and is very sensitive but he lacks in experience. His choice of protocol was not the best choice for me. Also he lacked in pre-care. He only offers one supplement that doesn’t have most common vitamins to with fertility. Also, the supplement had very low doses that was not sufficient to make a difference. ... He was very nice and always tried to deliver the news as gently as possible.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
I think he was great bedside manners and is very sensitive but he lacks in experience. His choice of protocol was not the best choice for me. Also he lacked in pre-care. He only offers one supplement that doesn’t have most common vitamins to with fertility. Also, the supplement had very low doses that was not sufficient to make a difference.
Get two more opinions. He’s so nice that you automatically want to go with him but a second or third opinion might change your mind.
He was very nice and always tried to deliver the news as gently as possible. The nurses were easy to reach via email. Some were very warm while others were very cold.
He used BC prior to link my cycle to his schedule since he doesn’t have enough patients... which is not good when you have DOR. Lupron, Follistim, and menopur twice a day and high doses. Only 5k trigger which I think was not enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
The nurses overall were very nice but a bit disorganized. I had to stay on top of them about what they were suppose to send me or tell me.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The financial department is terrible. They made a mess of everything. Reception always answered, however you can never get through to anyone via call. The best way to communicate was email. The nurse team is really nice though.
He is higher than most top clinics in the area.
If I had produce embryos he said he would have done multiple transfer.
Coral Gables

He [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] was there every step of the way...I even called him during the weekend when I started spotting and he called me directly and was able to calm me down...He always tried to adjust my treatment if things didn't go like we had hoped. At first I was a little skeptical but from day 1 he told me all the truths but also gave me hope... I went through 5 cycles before I had a positive test...unfortunately it turned out to be ectopic but it happened and I'm hopeful...mostly due to him.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
I know that he was with me every step of the way. He always tried to adjust my treatment if things didn't go like we had hoped. At first I was a little skeptical but from day 1 he told me all the truths but also gave me hope.
Have patience. I went through 5 cycles before I had a positive test...unfortunately it turned out to be ectopic but it happened and I'm hopeful...mostly due to him.
He was there every step of the way...I even called him during the weekend when I started spotting and he called me directly and was able to calm me down
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Maria Fojon)
She was AMAZING! I don't know how I could have gone through all this without her. She answered all my crazy questions no matter how many times I called. The whole offices patience and compassion was one of the best I had ever seen.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I think their only weakness is that they are so busy that it took me 3 months to get my first appt but after that they had me always there whenever I needed to be no issue. Everybody there from the receptionist to billing made things so easy for me. Even on that horrible day when we found out it was an ectopic pregnancy they were with me and didn't leave me alone for even a second.
Each IUI was between 1200-1500 depending on the amount of ultrasounds done. then the rest was medication
It wasn't discussed since we hadn't gotten to IVF yet.

PCOS, Other
The Doctor Himself [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] and the entire staff are very understanding and patient with all questions and concerns, he takes time to explain lrocedures and gives options for treatments that best fit my situation...The only downside is that he is very busy and for most visits i see other people on the team which is inderstandable. I am always able to see him upon request but it would be great if he was personally involved in all my exams
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He is extremely knowledgeable and is able to work with all of my conditions. He is professional, kind and understanding. Even though i haven’t had a positive pregnancy test yet, i know he will do his best to get me there no matter how long it takes. The only downside is that he is very busy and for most visits i see other people on the team which is inderstandable. I am always able to see him upon request but it would be great if he was personally involved in all my exams
Trust him, be open to his suggestions and if you don’t understand something- just ask. One time he even drew a picture for me so i can understand better:-)
The Doctor Himself and the entire staff are very understanding and patient with all questions and concerns, he takes time to explain lrocedures and gives options for treatments that best fit my situation
They are very nice and polite, follow up is easy and i am always able to reach them
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Very clean! Comfortable waiting area. The tecnology seems to be up to date and they have more equipment than i’ve seen in other offices Sometimes the waits are very long even if i have an appointment
A cycle of IUI was about $2500 with scans and bloodwork
Coral Gables

He [Dr. Armando Hernandez-Rey] was very nice and explained the whole process thouroughly. He reviewed all the labs with me and was great during my hystosalpingogram. He gave me and my wife different options that were available. He told us of probabilities and what to expect during the process. He was very comforting to talk to...We decided to first attempt IUI as it was more economical. We chose donor sperm from California cryobank. And had 2 IUI back to back.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He was very nice and explained the whole process thouroughly. He reviewed all the labs with me and was great during my hystosalpingogram. He gave me and my wife different options that were available. He told us of probabilities and what to expect during the process. He was very comforting to talk to.
I would say that he was extremely nice and knowledgeable in his field. He addresses all your concerns and gives you the best options based on your needs.
They were very personable in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Manuela and Alexandra)
Our care coordinator was extremely nice and always kept us updated. She also returned our messages promptly.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Most of the people at the clinic were a pleasure to work with but i was a little disappointed that no one followed up with us after our unsuccessful IUI. This is an emotional process and a follow up call or message would have been nice. Especially to see what our future plans were.
For both IUI we spent approximately $5500 without the cost of sperm

2013
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is an amazing doctor. He was always caring, thorough and explored all options. He is extremely knowledgeable and honest, and explains everything you need to know and what will happen in the process. He is not like other doctors who rush you in and out...We used Clomid to stimulate ovulation for PCOS. I used progesterone through the first few months of pregnancy and did an injection to trigger ovulation as well.
2013
European, Latino
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He is very busy because he is so good!
Dr. Hernandez-Rey cared about me and my outcome. He was amazing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
The nursing staff at Conceptions Florida is amazing, they are like a family and they are emotionally connected to their patients. They go through the process with you and you sense how much they care.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Conceptions Florida has beautiful offices that are state-of-the-art, extremely clean and give you a sense of peace, even though they are a busy office. This is the nicest office of any fertility clinics I have been to, so I always felt comfortable there.
I don't remember specific costs
Coral Gables

I have low ovarian reserve, so the doctor [Dr. Hernandez-Rey] used clomid and goal-f to stimulate my follicles for IUI. He wanted to make sure I had more than one, so he included the injectibles as well. I ended up with 2 completely mature follicles...Dr. Hernandez Rey is the best. He is the consummate professional, yet very kind, patient, and understanding. He has always made us feel at ease. I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my doctor. He has made himself available during every step of this journey and has been a straight shooter.
Trust him.
Dr. Hernandez Rey and his entire staff are amazing. They are remarkably patient and kind. This is the best care I've received anywhere.
I have low ovarian reserve, so the doctor used clomid and goal-f to stimulate my follicles for IUI. He wanted to make sure I had more than one, so he included the injectibles as well. I ended up with 2 completely mature follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Anay and Brittney )
Anay and Brittney were both amazing. Very attentive, patient, positive and kind!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I really can't indicate a weakness. Fast responses, attentive staff. Everyone is so patient and kind.
They seemed very reasonable and competitive.

2013 - 2014
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is a compassionate and caring person and a knowledgeable doctor trained in state-of-the-art approaches to addressing fertility issues. He is forthcoming in his advised course of action and an explanation as to why this is advantageous. We were never rushed during an appointment and all our (MANY) questions were answered.
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
The clinic is small and the doctor and nurses know all patients and their families on a personal basis. Dr. and nurse were always accessible to answer any questions and put to ease any fears!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
At the time of treatment, the current clinic was under construction. I was seen in an alternate temporary location and procedures were performed at a clinic in Boca Raton. Even so, this was an exceptionally wonderful experience. I can only imagine it is much easier in the new location!