7.1

215.654.1544
930 Town Center Dr
Langhorne, PA 19047
267.852.0780
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
1151 Old York Rd
Abington, PA 19001
215.938.1515

I could never get in contact with him [Dr. Castelbaum] when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored...He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA...I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me...The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center...Nothing but un-monitored cycles. Does not want to change any dosage for medication and does not respect your wishes when you want to have a monitored cycle.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He put on a great show for my initial consult but after that was a train wreck. I had nothing but un-monitored cycles. I had an adverse reaction to a fertility medication that I was prescribed and was told to go see my ob/gyn..theres nothing that they can do for me. He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Don't waste your time and do not fall for the caring doctor that he acts like he is during your consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I could never get in contact with him when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored.
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center and the doctor was just lazy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
The insurance co-pays, the outside facility co-pays for blood work and imaging and the costs of the medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me. That was a lie. I had tests done at a location closer to me and I never got a call from the practice regarding to my results. There were also missing appointments that I was scheduled for.
Langhorne

[RMA of Philadelphia] felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.... Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt like Dr Castelbaum has a very high opinion of himself and his clinic. He spent a lot of time talking about how his clinic did well when inspected by the FDA. This seemed like a strange thing to talk about during our consult with some difficult news. I felt like he was pressuring us to use a donor egg without asking how we felt about it. He really dumped a lot of difficult information on us at once without much compassion. He suggested we have a cry and beer at home before coming back and talking with him again. If felt very strange and like we were taking up space in his office is we weren’t totally on board with his plan after 5 minutes of discussion. He was very blunt and said “you’re a complicated case” immediately after we entered the room. He prescribed Clomid and did not offer to monitor or follow up with me. I had a very bad drug reaction and spoke with a nurse who said she spoke with the doctor and told me there was nothing they could do and I should see my general doctor. When I called a week later seeking guidance after I got my period, I spoke with a nurse who said she would talk to the doctor and get bs m to me and they never did. I’m so glad we went elsewhere!
Don’t expect a great deal of compassion. He is very blunt.
I felt like I was in a processing plant. At first I thought I liked Dr Castelbaum, but then I realized I didn’t feel comfortable with his demeanor. I felt like the office staff and nurses were often upset about something and our presence or questions were annoying them.
He prescribed clomid but had me start on day 6, which another doctor confirmed didn’t do anything. I had terrible side effects (tingling in limbs and panic attacks) and they did nothing to help me or advise me after I called reporting the side effects.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses lost the bloodwork results I provided twice. They then tried to redo some of the blood tests. I had to come back the next day because they wouldn’t look at the results I previously provided while I was there. They didn’t return am important call on one occasion. In general, I didn’t feel like they cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.
The HSG test costs seemed high. Other costs were for office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things. It took 3 visits to sort this out and they still reran one of the tests I had just had done. Then also would not provide the results from my husbands tests after three requests ( 2 from us, one from our new doctor).
Langhorne

Dr. Castlebaum immediately suggested IVF after we had gotten pregnant with our most recent IVF. The manner in which he discussed it was very cavalier and detached. When we finally asked about IVF packages and what he suggested for our situation, his response was "I always like a money back plan, " as if we were purchasing material goods.... We tried 3 IUIs with progesterone as this had worked (though resulted in miscarriage) with our 4th IUI. On the final IUI ,I asked if there was anything else and he said we could perhaps try Follistim (no real explanation why).
We really felt like a number there [RMA of Phil]....Nurses provided basic information but didn't offer helpful suggestions or further explanation. Really just felt as though they read from a script.... We had a nurse call on our 2nd cycle to tell us to "come in for insemination " when it was never discussed or explained prior.... they seemed content to just "go through the motions," and when the typical methods didn't work, they went right to IVF as though it was no big deal.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
As stated before, RMA is fine if you have an easily fixable problem. Otherwise, RMA, and especially Castlebaum are content to just go through the motions and then immediately move to IVF when the typical treatments don't work. Our least personal experience was with Castlebaum.
Expect blunt information and insensitive jokes if you are sensitive . Do your research beforehand and have questions prepared. Question the statistics of treatments.
Dr. Castlebaum immediately suggested IVF after we had gotten pregnant with our most recent IVF. The manner in which he discussed it was very cavalier and detached. When we finally asked about IVF packages and what he suggested for our situation, his response was "I always like a money back plan, " as if we were purchasing material goods. This was a huge turnoff and a big reason for leaving RMA altogether.
Castlebaum basically told us to request what we wanted if we weren't going to do IVF. He did not think outside the box or offer alternate options. We tried 3 IUIs with progesterone as this had worked (though resulted in miscarriage) with our 4th IUI. On the final IUI ,I asked if there was anything else and he said we could perhaps try Follistim (no real explanation why). We also added Ovidrel, and he told us it was up to us which day we used it rather than monitoring and figuring out the most optimal time. All 3 IUIs resulted in negative tests.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
 We really felt like a number there. This is something we've realized more as time goes on, especially with our current RE who is so specific and personal. A strength would be that overall,RMA is very successful. However, this is only true if you have an easily fixable issue. Friends have gotten pregnant there within only a few cycles. But with us, they seemed content to just "go through the motions," and when the typical methods didn't work, they went right to IVF as though it was no big deal. Everything seemed "scripted" in a way, without really trying to look for an issue and individualize our care.
Copays for office visits were $20.
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
No comment
RMA of Philadelphia
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)

[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not prescribe himself. Referred to different doctors and forced to jump through hoops...Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages...Only willing to do single embryo transfer...Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time.
Poor scheduling [at RMA of Philadelphia]. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area...The nursing staff was wonderful...[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages
Good bedside manner. Did not personalize my care or protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was wonderful
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Poor scheduling. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area.
It was covered under insurance
Only willing to do single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Only one time did they fail to call me with results. Otherwise the staff was excellent
King of Prussia