6.5

1151 Old York Rd
Abington, PA 19001
215.938.1515

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics...I felt like my specific concerns were listened to and addressed. I wasn't given a one-sized-fits-all protocol but was actively involved in the decision making...
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments...My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather...This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt that Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Watch all of the available webinars and videos online before meeting with the Doctor and have a list of questions ready so that you can maximize your time with him and get all of your concerns addressed!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol was used - ended up being on the meds for a shorter time period than expected, about 8 total days instead of 10-12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather. IVF sucks; it is emotionally/financially/physically taxing, and she made the entire process suck a little less.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments. As someone who hates needles and giving blood, I definitely appreciated the care and compassion that the RMA clinical staff showed me.
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum is one of the warmest, most caring doctors I have ever met. He was extremely compassionate and empathetic to the situation happening with me and my partner. He explained everything clearly, has an incredible bedside manner, and genuinely cares about his patients. ... He worked extensively to help us with the situation we had, and constantly expressed empathy and compassion for our specific case.
I don't see any weaknesses. It is an exemplary clinic and others should take note of how well it is run not only with efficiency but compassion and kindness as well. I would recommend RMA King of Prussia to anyone seeking ART. ... MA's policy is to transfer a single embryo unless it has been shown to be absolutely necessary to try multiples. ... The nurses always greeted me with such warmth and kindness ...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum genuinely cares about the patients he works with. He was warm, friendly, and funny when appropriate. He treated me and my partner with the utmost respect and dignity. He worked extensively to help us with the situation we had, and constantly expressed empathy and compassion for our specific case. I absolutely love being a patient of his and wish all doctors had the knowledge and kindness he freely displays.
Take him over any other doctor, he is truly one of a kind.
Dr. Castelbaum is one of the warmest, most caring doctors I have ever met. He was extremely compassionate and empathetic to the situation happening with me and my partner. He explained everything clearly, has an incredible bedside manner, and genuinely cares about his patients. He is a wonderful man and doctor to work with.
We did a fairly aggressive antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and Menopur then Cetrotide. I responded extremely well to the protocol. At retrieval I had 25 eggs, with 23 being mature. 16 fertilized with ICSI and 8 embryos made it to day 5 for PGS biopsy and freezing. I did not respond well to the oral/vaginal estrogen, so we performed a mini-stim protocol for the FET. I did 10 days of follistim 75IU injections, with PIO starting a few days before transfer. Unfortunately the transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am hoping to generate more embryos before prepping for a new FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses always greeted me with such warmth and kindness. My husband was undergoing cancer treatment while I was going through IVF-FET and they always made sure to check in to see how he was doing. I loved everyone on the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
I had insurance coverage so the total cost of meds plus treatment was under $5000 total.
RMA's policy is to transfer a single embryo unless it has been shown to be absolutely necessary to try multiples.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had...My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
RMA has knowledgeable, friendly medical professionals working there. They make you feel comfortable every time your there. They never rush you and spend as much time as needed to answer any questions. They always get back to you in a timely manner...The nursing staff at RMA is wonderful! Everyone knew me by name and made me feel so comfortable every time I went for an appointment. They were also always helpful with any questions or concerns I had...I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum is amazing! I thought I would never have children of my own and now I have a daughter and another little one on the way! He gave me the family I was dreamed of! I HIGHLY recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA!
If your having trouble conceiving, see Dr Castelbaum. You won’t regret it!
At every visit I was greeted by my first name as soon as I walked in the door. Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had.
I did two cycles of IVF. The first cycle I used Gonal-F, Meopur & cetrotide. My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
My insurance only covered diagnostics for IVF so most of the cost was out of pocket. I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
2015 - 2019, Successful
These nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them... I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I honestly can't think of a single weakness when it comes to Dr. Castelbaum. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough, and kind. No two people are the same and he knows that and it shows in how he interacts with each of his patients. My husband and I brought embryos with us to Dr. Castelbaum from another facility. He was up front in telling us that he wanted his embryologist to review them because every clinic has their own guidelines for freezing and storing embryos and he wouldn't know what we had until they could look at them for themselves. After the first transfer with him from those embryos it resulted in a successful pregnancy where I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Upon returning to the office two years later we did 4 additional transfers. The first 2 were with our remaining embryos we had brought with us from the other facility. From those, we had 1 early miscarriage (blighted ovum) and 1 chemical pregnancy. We then did another round of injections for egg retrieval. First transfer from this round was a chemical pregnancy. Second transfer was successful and I'm currently 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant and was discharged to my OB a week ago. It's so easy to blame doctors for a failed embryo transfer. My failed transfers were devastating to me; but I also remember how shocked and upset Dr. Castelbaum was for us. We did not do genetic testing although it was recommended to us to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Even though we chose not to, we were never judged for it. I almost gave up after the third failed transfer. Emotionally, I didn't know if I could keep going. Mentally, I knew I wasn't ready to give up. I'll never forget what Dr. Castelbaum said to me on my last appointment: "I know you were ready to jump ship and I understand why. But I'm so glad you didn't. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. I'm glad I got to be a part of this and am so happy for you." These words will stick with me the rest of my life and I still tear up thinking about it. I could never thank him enough for all he's done for me and my husband.
Please realize Doctors are human. They can't give guaranteed results and they aren't perfect. Dr. Castelbaum loves what he does and it shows. If you want someone that will give you the brutal truth, yet deliver it in a compassionate way and someone who will truly fight for you Dr. Castelbaum is the guy to see.
I have been to two different facilities. The first one was like a meat market; standing room only and unless you had some news worthy fertility problem, you never saw the physicians, you always saw a nurse or a PA. At RMA I saw a Physician every time I went, and I was made to feel important. If I had to wait, I never minded because I knew the wait was due to them wanting to give every patient the same respect, time, and quality appointment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
These nurses cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is a reflection of those who work there. If you read my full review of the Doctors and staff, you'll agree this clinic is fantastic. I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
I had insurance coverage for almost all of my treatments.
Dr. Castelbaum is a strong believer in only transferring one embryo. I was hesitant to agree but after he gave us the facts, I understood why and I knew he had my best interest in mind.
Langhorne

Dr. Castelbaum has all my information ready for me. Anytime I ask a question he has an answer for me and does not go looking through notes he knows my situation and I by face...I can not think of a negative even when I probably should be contacting the nurse, if I contact Dr. he always answer my question without hesitation. I have had no disappointments and I have always been treated with respect. Dr. Castelbaum makes me feel very comfortable in not so comfortable situations.
The nurse and office staff [at RMA] are ok but at times they can be rude and very unprofessional at times. They do not always provide the information you need and when you ask they make it seem as if you are getting on their nerves...This clinic do not offer a patient portal so you have to go to the office for everything. There are several offices for your convenience. You can choose any office that works for you. The office staff can sometimes be rude if you go on a busy day and they show little concern once you become a patient but not active at the time. It seems they are only concerned with active or potential patients.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is great. I can not think of a negative even when I probably should be contacting the nurse, if I contact Dr. he always answer my question without hesitation. I have had no disappointments and I have always been treated with respect. Dr. Castelbaum makes me feel very comfortable in not so comfortable situations.
Ask questions if you do not understand. Dr. Castelbaum has patience and will go over anything you need so do not be scared to ask if you don’t know.
I am in the beginning stage. We haven’t gotten to my protocol as of yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurse and office staff are ok but at times they can be rude and very unprofessional at times. They do not always provide the information you need and when you ask they make it seem as if you are getting on their nerves.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I am uncertain. I started off with insurance but I am now self pay and am waiting to get exact self pay amount.
Dr. Castelbaum will only transfer one embryo if you are under a certain age (35).
Langhorne

All the nurses [RMA of Philadelphia] were extremely compassionate and helpful. They always called when they said they would. They relayed any information from the doctor and if I had questions, they would get the answer from the doctor and call back. They would call to remind me of medicines I needed to take and explained every step of the process. They made the process more bearable....The weakness is the billing department. They incorrectly billed several times. When I called to explain that they incorrectly billed, they weren't very pleasant to deal with.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was very positive and kept my spirits up during the low points of fertility treatments. He seemed confident that he would help get me pregnant and he did. There were some roadblocks that we had to get through but he always found the solution. He misdiagnosed me with unexplained infertility at first. During IVF, hydrosalpinx was found on my one fallopian tube. He quickly set up surgery to remove the tube and assured me that my chances of IVF success would be the same after my unilateral salpingectomy. Even though the diagnostic test missed the hydrosalpinx, I still felt confident with his care. It took longer than anticipated but the end result was a pregnancy. I'm currently 31 weeks and am forever grateful for his care.
Ask a lot of questions! He doesn't mind answering them
Dr. Castelbaum seemed to genuinely care and was always optimistic. He took the time to answer any questions me or my husband had. He thoroughly explained every step of the treatments he performed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
All the nurses were extremely compassionate and helpful. They always called when they said they would. They relayed any information from the doctor and if I had questions, they would get the answer from the doctor and call back. They would call to remind me of medicines I needed to take and explained every step of the process. They made the process more bearable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The strengths are the doctors and nursing staff. The weakness is the billing department. They incorrectly billed several times. When I called to explain that they incorrectly billed, they weren't very pleasant to deal with.
With my insurance, IUIs we're covered. I paid a $40 copay each visit. And I paid for the medicine out of pocket. I don't recall the medicine prices. For IVF, we paid all out of pocket. We did the RMA assure plan which costs in total with meds about $30,000
He suggested one embryo transfer at a time because of my age.

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
My wife and I originally went for me to get inseminated and after many heartbreaks we turned to Dr. Castlebaum for my wife's insemination. After two iui procedures she became pregnant with our son. After the nurse called with the results he followed up with my wife to express his excitement.... To him it is not a job he genuinely wants you to have a baby and just wants to help you along your journey.
It [RMA of PA-Willow Grove] is bright and welcoming they have separate locations for consultations and where they tell you about billing so it is not all clinical. The rooms are warm and bright and the whole place is very clean. They have artist pictures on the wall a lot having to do with fertility that you can purchase if you like it.... From start to finish they were incredible with the loss and the BFP they were a great source of comfort and compassion I cannot say enough about the staff.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
My wife and I originally went for me to get inseminated and after many heartbreaks we turned to Dr. Castlebaum for my wife's insemination. After two iui procedures she became pregnant with our son. After the nurse called with the results he followed up with my wife to express his excitement. After Tatum was born we sent Dr. Castlebaum a birth announcement he again called us to express his delight and tell us how adorable our son is. To him it is not a job he genuinely wants you to have a baby and just wants to help you along your journey. We had been to another place where all I can describe it as is being cattle herded we were literally just a number and a paycheck and with no fertility coverage that's not what you want. Dr. Castlebaum makes you feel like part of his family and when you're struggling to have a baby that is so important.
Ask him anything he loves questions and he loves to hatch the plan with you. He doesn't tell you what "his plan" is for you instead it's your collaboration.
I am in a same sex marriage and he listens to everything we have said along the way we even went to another doctor for Ivf and when we returned to him for my wife to get iui all he wanted to know was if we were successful at the other office. He's amazing and we will never seek care from anyone else again!
Iui twice with me using letrezol and hcg trigger shot one was positive pregnancy that ended in mc the other did not work. With my wife he did two iui no med assist and the first did not work the second did!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It is bright and welcoming they have separate locations for consultations and where they tell you about billing so it is not all clinical. The rooms are warm and bright and the whole place is very clean. They have artist pictures on the wall a lot having to do with fertility that you can purchase if you like it.
I believe the iui was 1,000 plus the cost of meds but I'm not 100% sure I took a new job and it did have coverage for iui so with my wife there were specialist copay so 40.00 each visit. The sperm cost 890 per vial and we have purchased a total of 9 and if costs between 250-400 to ship.

2010 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum was shocked that my previous doctor hadn't don't any type of testing on me to determine why my cycles weren't producing many eggs... He's very fact based and delivers matter-of-factly so you have to be okay with that but he also has a warm bedside manner.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is an incredibly intelligent, capable and appreciative doctor. I want to start with that when I came back to visit with both my boys he was so genuinely touched, held each kid and truly appreciates the miracles he brings into the world. He is very straight forward with his information and also doesn't make assumption or judgments. I came from another clinic with unsuccessful IVF cycles and was referred to egg donation. I switched clinics for a 2nd opinion and Dr. Castelbaum was shocked that my previous doctor hadn't don't any type of testing on me to determine why my cycles weren't producing many eggs and why the ones retrieved were abnormal. He immediately ran some testing and did ultimately agree that egg donation was my best bet at having children while being able to experience pregnancy. He's very fact based and delivers matter-of-factly so you have to be okay with that but he also has a warm bedside manner. I loved him and would refer anyone to him. .
The staff, including Dr. Castelbaum always made me feel like a priority. They always welcomed my son in the office during my 2nd cycle, even helping to watch him while I was being seen. They always knew me, my background, my family and the current status of my cycle. They worked around my schedule and always fit me in. They tried their best to make my cycles the most cost effective they could and I honestly couldn't say enough good things about any of them from reception, nurses, billing, and of course, Dr. Castelbaum.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Always knew me and my situation and current status. Very compassionate to what we were going through as patients. I wish I could remember some of their names because they were fabulous.
1st cycle -- approximately $47,000 2nd cycle -- approximately $3,500
Langhorne

He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] has been very affirming of LGBTQ+ identified patients and has a great sense of humor...We did 4 rounds of IUI with clomid and an ovidrel trigger for each attempt. I was not diagnosed with any infertility - but since we are a same-sex couple, we went to RMA... the next recommendation is IVF...Dr. Castelbaum has been warm, friendly, kind, and funny. He made a point to ask about what my wife and I did for living and seemed to recognize us and remember us during our meetings. He was also very affirming of us as a same-sex couple.
We live in Central PA - so it’s nice having the clinic [RMA] so close. It was slightly inconvenient that any surgical procedures, as well as anything on the weekend, needs to be done at the King of Prussia office...We did 4 rounds of IUI with clomid and an ovidrel trigger for each attempt. I was not diagnosed with any infertility - but since we are a same-sex couple, we went to RMA. Insurance does not cover any of our treatments, so the next recommendation is IVF.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum has a wonderful personality that matched my wife and I so well. He is clearly knowledgeable and was honest with us about his recommendations. He was willing to hear our concerns and seemed to genuinely care about us during the process.
He has been very affirming of LGBTQ+ identified patients and has a great sense of humor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Zegley )
Melissa is the person we saw most often and I cannot say enough about her intelligence, compassion, and care. She’s the best!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We live in Central PA - so it’s nice having the clinic so close. It was slightly inconvenient that any surgical procedures, as well as anything on the weekend, needs to be done at the King of Prussia office - but it could be worse!
We had to pay for everything except for diagnostic tests.
Mechanicsburg
He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible...We fell in the category of unknown fertility issues. We originally started with Clomid for a few months but still no success. We then tried IUI, the 1st time was a success unfortunately ended with a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We tried another IUI and we’ve been successful this far. We are going on 12 weeks and hoping for an amazing outcome.
The drs & staff [at RMA of Philadelphia] were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience...The nursing staff was amazing as well. You spend a lot of time in the office when going through fertility and you build friendships with them. They always made me feel comfortable...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible.
You will not be disappointed.
Dr Castelbaum was truly amazing. He made my husband & I feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The drs & staff were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience.
I honestly don’t remember each cost as my insurance did not cover fertility treatment
2010 - 2017, Successful
Dr castelbaum is extremely empathetic and caring. He explained thoroughly his concerns with my pcos and extreme follicle growths and the chance of many multiples. He gave me choices and his input which I appreciated... He played with dosage of medication and switched from oral to injectables. He monitored my follicles frequently by ultrasound. Ordered hsg to check for Fallopian tube blockage... As scary as it is, he wants the best for you and to do everybody he can for you he successful
Clean, many locations, quick service, team approach, quiet. The staff [RMA of Phila] are always available for questions and helpful in going over billing and procedures if need. The staff can make you smile even after the worst news and work with you over outrageous outstanding bills... Billing was very helpful. They explained the costs with you prior to procedures and go over insurance policy. They are willing to set up payment plans
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Believe in him. As scary as it is, he wants the best for you and to do everybody he can for you he successful
Extremely compassionate. Took time to go over results and the effects of my PCOS
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
Hardworking, helpful, compsssionate. always smiling
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Clean, many locations, quick service, team approach, quiet. The staff are always available for questions and helpful in going over billing and procedures if need. The staff can make you smile even after the worst news and work with you over outrageous outstanding bills

2011 - 2016, Unknown Success
Great doctor! Very compassionate and caring! Worked hard to achieve a pregnancy and was willing to try anything. Great bedside manner. Took the time to find out different treatment plans and ultimately wanted to help us achieve a pregnancy by any means.... Struggled with a thin lining. Dr. Castelbaum attempted numerous protocols to try and thicken uterine lining with different forms of estrogen. Tried Neupogen washes in uterus, vaginal viagara, acupuncture.
Great clinic [RMA of Phil]. Ran smoothly. No issues with any dept. All offices were welcoming! All depts were a plus to work with. Nurses/front desk employees were nice and helpful. Loved going to the different offices.... Great great nursing staff! Everyone was compassionate and caring. They were right there every step of the way offering encouragement, etc.... Extremely costly. Did Donor Egg with a known donor and three frozen embryo transfers.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Stay positive. Ask questions.
Very good Bed side manner. Caring and compassionate
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Great clinic. Ran smoothly. No issues with any dept. All offices were welcoming! All depts were a plus to work with. Nurses/front desk employees were nice and helpful. Loved going to the different offices.
First cycle he transferred two embryos. Second and third cycle, only one embryo. Moving forward I think one embryo is the new normal to prevent premature birth of multiples.
Langhorne
Dr castlebaum is a great doctor. It’s too early in my treatment to really know what’s going on. I think he’s done a good job so far. I’m a little disappointed with how my last appointment went, only because there was information I’ve given him from the beginning and it felt like he never addressed it before... I had and hsg test done which was painful and I was in a lot of pain for a few days. Otherwise all tests were bearable. Medication was fine so far
This specific clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] is great. They have multiple locations which is convenient. There are multiple doctors as well. So far I really like it. I’m happy with how things are going and I highly recommend them....The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding....The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding.... Dr castlebaum is a great doctor. It’s too early in my treatment to really know what’s going on. I think he’s done a good job so far.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Make sure you give all information
I felt comfortable and like he understood
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff is lovely. They’re helpful and understanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
This specific clinic is great. They have multiple locations which is convenient. There are multiple doctors as well. So far I really like it. I’m happy with how things are going and I highly recommend them.
Langhorne

He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] explains everything the first visit, gives you options, and if things don’t work he reevaluates. Very kind and was just as happy that we were pregnant as we were!...He was kind and explained everything thoroughly. I wasn’t another number...We had done clomid and timed intercourse. Letrozole and timed intercourse. Clomid, ovidril, and iui twice.
Strengths [at RMA of Philadelphia] are availability- it was great to go before work and be in and out...Parking was easy and a ton of locations. Hours were great and they literally were open all the time. You never know when you’re going to ovulate!...They [the nurses] were sad when I miscarried and treated me so kindly. They also cheered when I took a test and was pregnant.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He explains everything the first visit, gives you options, and if things don’t work he reevaluates. Very kind and was just as happy that we were pregnant as we were! His office was awesome and the nurses were great. I loved everyone there. When I had to see other doctors or the nurse practitioner for procedures, they had the same bedside manner and were great
Ask questions and be open minded.
He was kind and explained everything thoroughly. I wasn’t another number.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
They were sad when I miscarried and treated me so kindly. They also cheered when I took a test and was pregnant.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths are availability- it was great to go before work and be in and out. No cons but maybe to be closer to where I moved now! Parking was easy and a ton of locations. Hours were great and they literally were open all the time. You never know when you’re going to ovulate!
Langhorne

I completely trust him [Dr. Castelbaum] and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient... He took the time to review everything about my husband and me thoroughly... We tried clomid twice, once with iui, and then switched to femara for two cycles, once with iui... This office is very organized and thorough.
This office [RMA of Phila] is very organized and thorough. They are very on top of getting back to you with results and responding to any questions. They answer the phones quickly and respond promptly to emails. I have never felt I have waited too long for a response.... I completely trust him [Dr. Castelbaum] and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I completely trust him and know that he is doing everything he possibly can to help me. He is extremely intelligent and experienced. I appreciate his bedside manner and also his sense of humor. Plus he is very gentle and patient
Relax and trust him
He took the time to review everything about my husband and me thoroughly
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
Super friendly and gentle
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
This office is very organized and thorough. They are very on top of getting back to you with results and responding to any questions. They answer the phones quickly and respond promptly to emails. I have never felt I have waited too long for a response.
Reasonable
I think he’s very conservative
Langhorne
He [Dr. Castelbaum] had great bedside manor. He explained everything very well and answered all of questions well. He called with lab results and recommendations. He was very personable. He talked to us like a human and not just another case. He was great!... I was told we would only do single embryo transfer due to my age I am at his risk for complications in multiples.... They [RMA] knew who I was when I was calling. The greeted me by my first name when entering the office. T
They [RMA of Phil] knew who I was when I was calling. The greeted me by my first name when entering the office. They new my case well.... The were kind and respectful. Always called with the next step and explained it well. They were there for my husband when he fainted... He [Dr. Castelbaum] had great bedside manor. He explained everything very well and answered all of questions well. He called with lab results and recommendations.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He had great bedside manor. He explained everything very well and answered all of questions well. He called with lab results and recommendations. He was very personable. He talked to us like a human and not just another case. He was great!
Ask all the questions because he will answer every single one and explain them well.
They knew who I was when I was calling. The greeted me by my first name when entering the office. They new my case well.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The were kind and respectful. Always called with the next step and explained it well. They were there for my husband when he fainted which he doesn’t like to talk about.
Arthur Castelbaum
I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he [Dr. Castelbaum] was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! He told me to come back and visit before and after I have the baby....I felt like a human, because they [RMA] always greeted me by my name...I thought they were great and very understanding!
I thought the clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] was great...[Nursing Staff] I thought they were great and very understanding! Never been around a great group of people...I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he [Dr. Castelbaum] was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! ...I felt like a human, because they always greeted me by my name
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I thought we had a great experience together, if i ever needed to discuss things he was always available. He always went over the procedures and what was at risk. He was also kind and caring. When i became pregnant he was so happy as was I! He told me to come back and visit before and after I have the baby.
If you want the truth go see him
I felt like a human, because they always greeted me by my name
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I thought the clinic was great
I only had to pay for meds and co-pays
2013 - 2019, Successful
If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle...explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum [at RMA of Philadelphia] for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
I have recommended Dr. Castelbaum to many people. I'm not sure exactly what piece of advice I would give but when I do recommend him, I always say the same thing... "He's the best! Don't waste your time anywhere else."
Dr. Castelbaum is the best doctor I have ever had. He and his staff are ALWAYS warm and kind. I always felt comfortable and at home in his office even though I was going through some of the hardest days of my life.
I honestly cannot remember all of the treatment strategies but I do know the one that works for me. The "Atomic Bomb." Dr. Castelbaum has to give me the maximum dose of medications (Menopur, Follistim) in order for me to produce even the smallest amount of eggs for an egg retrieval. While neither of us were very confident that we would get many eggs, in the end, we had two frozen genetically tested "normal" embryos. If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle.
Dr. Castelbaum explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.
Arthur Castelbaum

Don’t worry you’re in good hands. Dr. Castelbaum’s optimism and confidence are contagious. It’s hard not to believe in him and the plan you agree on...was confident, reassuring and diligent in my treatment plan. His optimism was contagious. I came to his office afraid and frustrated. I left feeling hopeful and inspired. When I saw Dr. Castelbaum at the hospital for my HSG, I instantly felt relieved...you feel like you were their only patient.
From the receptionist to the nurses to Dr. Castlebaum, everyone [at RMA of Philadelphia] made you feel like you were their only patient...All of the nurses were fantastic. They were knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. You could palpate their passion throughout the clinic...The clinic was always very busy but very well organized. One day I came in for an 8am appointment at 7am. They were able to squeeze me in like it was no problem at all. They always called promptly with my test results and answered all of my questions. They were more than flexible with appointment times and always there to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was confident, reassuring and diligent in my treatment plan. His optimism was contagious. I came to his office afraid and frustrated. I left feeling hopeful and inspired. When I saw Dr. Castelbaum at the hospital for my HSG, I instantly felt relieved.
From the receptionist to the nurses to Dr. Castlebaum, everyone made you feel like you were their only patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Isabelle )
Langhorne
Dr. Castelbaum will answer emails the same day, often within a couple of hours, and once I could reach out that way I became very comfortable with care...Our situation was a really difficult and emotional one, but Dr. Castelbaum was really wonderful about being compassionate and giving us all the information and time we needed to make a decision we were comfortable with but that also gave us the best chance of having a child...
We were given about a 20% chance of success with our own eggs after testing, vs 60% with a donor [at RMA of Philadelphia]...Out of our 6 eggs, 3 became viable embryos...We've only done one single embryo transfer cycle, and are now 12 weeks along...She [nurse] was knowledgeable, and could always find an answer for me if she didn't know right away. She was also kind and compassionate...we consulted with another practice and RMA Philadelphia's pricing was much more reasonable. All pricing was done as packages.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
At first I was frustrated with communication, then we all realized they'd just switched over to a new email system. Dr. Castelbaum will answer emails the same day, often within a couple of hours, and once I could reach out that way I became very comfortable with care at RMA. Our situation was a really difficult and emotional one, but Dr. Castelbaum was really wonderful about being compassionate and giving us all the information and time we needed to make a decision we were comfortable with but that also gave us the best chance of having a child. Using an egg donor was a huge step, but once I was used to the idea, I was really glad we decided to do so. We got pregnant on our first cycle, currently 12 weeks.
Never be afraid to ask questions of Dr. C or of the nurses. They are happy to answer and you will feel more comfortable. They are all there to guide you through this process, and understanding what is going on and why helps a lot. There were many times when Dr. C supplied answers to questions I didn't even know to ask or before I could ask them.
Any time I had a concern or question, it was always answered within minutes, even when they were busy with morning testing. Everyone knew me by name and made sure I was comfortable. The front desk and nursing staff always made a point of making sure I didn't have to wait too long, and the doctors were great about answering questions and making me feel comfortable. I was never rushed into a decision.
We were given about a 20% chance of success with our own eggs after testing, vs 60% with a donor. As we were paying out of pocket, we knew we couldn't afford to try over and over, and we had to decide which was more important to us: the genetic relationship but with a much reduced chance of success, or having a much better chance of having a child with a donor egg. In retrospect, given the stress inherent in IVF with the hormone shots and whatnot, I'm really glad we went with a donor to limit all of that. Out of our 6 eggs, 3 became viable embryos, which is fantastic. We've only done one single embryo transfer cycle, and are now 12 weeks along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Marianne)
She was knowledgeable, and could always find an answer for me if she didn't know right away. She was also kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The only weakness is that it would have been helpful to have contact info (like email) spelled out clearly for a brand new patient. I wasn't sure when it was okay to email, when it wasn't (turned out, it pretty much always was). But otherwise, I saw three different doctors - Dr. Castelbaum most of the time for my appointments, though twice another doc, and then Dr. Gutman did both my mock transfer and actual transfer, since it's whoever is on duty when your body is ready to go. All were really great - Dr. C with information and helping guide our decision making process, Dr. G with calming down and reassuring a very very nervous patient at mock and real transfer!
I don't want to talk about exact numbers, but I will say that we consulted with another practice and RMA Philadelphia's pricing was much more reasonable. All pricing was done as packages. Since we were new to the process, we had a lot of questions, and the financing department understood the medical side of what was provided and were able to answer all of our questions.
Dr. Castelbaum strongly preferred SET given our circumstances.
Langhorne

He [Dr. Castelbaum] prepared a tight schedule to quickly move through the IVF process...From the start, our doctor set realistic expectations but maintained a positive and professional outlook. We enjoyed his unwavering encouragement...You may not see him very often, he is heavily involved in the process and always looking at your visit results to then adjust your care...
Each [nurse at RMA of Philadelphia] followed my journey closely and remembered me each visit... They were attentive, professional, and friendly...Good communicators, smaller intimate practice, and made room for me in their schedule. I was not just a number of many patients... they handled everything for me and made the process easy. I could reach someone at any time of day, including an emergency on-call doctor.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
We came to RMA after three failed IUIs at Penn and they could not fit us into their schedule for 6 months to start the IVF process. Being furloughed from work in the pandemic, I was nervous to lose insurance coverage, but after the consultation RMA was able to start me within a month. The team there was always there to answer the phone, not an answering service. And my nurse was there the entire time to answer my emails within hours and then schedule my appointments for me. (At Penn, I would never get emails back, always had a different nurse, and would have to leave my phone calls to an answering service.) The office location was close by, the team always welcoming/ encouraging, and I trust the team of doctors... each explained the process and took the time to keep me completely updated.
He prepared a tight schedule to quickly move through the IVF process, which I am eternally grateful for and ready for our next transfer as soon as I can :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Each followed my journey closely and remembered me each visit... They were attentive, professional, and friendly
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The team clearly communicated cost between out of pocket vs from insurance... we had one issue where there was one confusion, but it was resolved. Outside that, knowing the out of pocket cost was a major reason choosing RMA over Penn (who could not tell us any costs).
King of Prussia
Dr. Casselbaum took the time to answer all of my questions. He remembered where I worked and he remembered our previous loss. I did not feel like I was refreshing his memory at every appointment...He answered all of my questions and dealt with my anxiety of being nervous over everything. When he had to tell us that there was not a heartbeat, he was sensitive and used his experience to basically tell us that it would not work out, which I appreciated. In terms of anxiety, I felt like he gave a lot of information - sometimes I do not need to know everything! However, that is just me and others may feel differently. The only time I got frustrated was waiting for my period to come after the loss. After a month and a half, I called the office to advocate for myself and they adjusted the treatment right away. I was also monitored very closely after the loss, which I appreciated. I am currently pregnant now and was able to stay with Dr. Casselbaum for 9 weeks. He continued to let me come for the ultrasound even though he was confident I could go back to my gyn at 7 weeks. He knew I needed that weekly reassurance for as long as possible.
The nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] were amazing. Very friendly, informative, and reassuring...I spoke with an insurance counselor provided by RMA to inform me of what is covered by insurance and what would be additional costs. Everything before IUI was covered by my insurance. After that, the counselor provided me with the cost of each procedure so that I was aware before making a treatment plan...They always returned my messages that were left if they were unable to find a nurse at that time to answer my question. I also always got my blood results same day, which alleviates a lot of stress from waiting.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Casselbaum was very personable during our consult and at each ultrasound appointment that we had. He explained the steps and how the process would work. He answered all of my questions and dealt with my anxiety of being nervous over everything. When he had to tell us that there was not a heartbeat, he was sensitive and used his experience to basically tell us that it would not work out, which I appreciated. In terms of anxiety, I felt like he gave a lot of information - sometimes I do not need to know everything! However, that is just me and others may feel differently. The only time I got frustrated was waiting for my period to come after the loss. After a month and a half, I called the office to advocate for myself and they adjusted the treatment right away. I was also monitored very closely after the loss, which I appreciated. I am currently pregnant now and was able to stay with Dr. Casselbaum for 9 weeks. He continued to let me come for the ultrasound even though he was confident I could go back to my gyn at 7 weeks. He knew I needed that weekly reassurance for as long as possible.
I would say to advocate for yourself if you feel like you are waiting and do not know the next steps. That only happened to me once.
After the consult, Dr. Casselbaum ordered a variety of tests that needed to be done to ensure that the problem was nothing internal. Genetic testing was also ordered. Once of the results were in (which did not take long - maybe 2 weeks) we met with him again and he gave us our game plan. He prescribed Femara to help me ovulate. He specifically told me the days to take it and the days that we should have intercourse. It did not work the first time. It worked the second time, but it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I did not work the third time. It worked the fourth time and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Leanna)
The nurses were amazing. Very friendly, informative, and reassuring.

2014 - 2019, Successful
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with [Dr. Castelbaum]. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF... He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
All the doctors at RMA have their own way of showing compassion while also being realistic. I never felt like a number...they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue)...All the doctors I have interacted with over the past five years have been knowledgeable, science driven, and compassionate. Of the two offices I used for appointments, both were mediocre with wait times for both blood work and ultrasounds because most women who want to fit in their appointment before work are all being "seen" at 7am...which is impossible.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
We've been using RMA and Dr. C since 2014 and if you are seeking fertility treatments, you are also seeking expertise, compassion, and facts. In total, we've completed one IUI, one egg retrieval procedure, and five frozen embryo transfers. We had two births, one miscarriage, one unsuccessful transfer, and are currently expecting our third. It's a rollercoaster and Dr. C has always been informative and never gives false hope. Our first transfer was successful, but after a failed transfer and a miscarriage, we regrouped with Dr. C to discuss options for the remaining embryos because it was getting expensive and emotionally taxing. Dr. C provided us with the research, facts, and risks with genetic testing the remaining embryos and ultimately left the decision up to us. After we decided to move forward with testing, Dr. C supported it and it resulted in another birth and we are currently pregnant. He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
Dr. C is a mix of kindness, quirky, and direct. Don't be put off by his directness and appreciate the quirky.
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with Dr. C. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF. We proceeded with an egg stimulus process and egg retrieval. He suggested I wait one full cycle for my body to recover from the retrieval before doing our first transfer. Although I was excited to do our first transfer, I realized my body needed time to recuperate and heeded Dr. C's advice. A year after the birth of our son, we returned to RMA and the next two transfers were unsuccessful (one negative, one miscarriage) and Dr. C suggested genetic testing for the remaining embryos. We moved forward with genetic testing with resulted in two (out of the five remaining) viable embryos. The next transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth. We returned to RMA this January to use our final remaining embryo. During my mock transfer, the doctor saw a fibroid in my uterus. Dr. C suggested I have it removed prior to our last embryo transfer, as he wanted to remove any risk of the transfer not working. Again, although I was excited to do our last transfer, we heeded his advice again, and are now pregnant with that embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are who see prior to the doctor and they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue).
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We were full pay out of pocket.
From the beginning, Dr. C advised against multiple embryo transfer because of the risks associated.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Within five years of using RMA (between births), I had one instance where the coordinator did not call me the day before my mock transfer, which is frustrating when trying to plan for work and childcare. When I called the day of my mock transfer, they seemed a bit unorganized. When they told me to arrive at noon with a full bladder, I waited for a full hour before I asked when my procedure was scheduled and was informed it wasn't until 1. I think they could be more sensitive to our time waiting with a full bladder and trust that we could arrive 15-20 minutes before our procedure.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Castelbaum] Always knew who I was at every appointment, including my name, my husband's name, our history, and what stage we were at. He anticipated my questions before i asked them because he knew how i was thinking throughout the process...was really easy for my husband and I to connect with. His humor and energy around the "science" aligned with how we work. This isn't for everyone, but it worked really well for us. He answered my questions before I asked them, and he was genuinely happy for us when we "graduated."
The Langhorne office [of RMA of Philadelphia] was small, and the lab area was in the hallway. I felt this was a little too open. Towards the end of my care, they moved to another office, and that was perfect. The new location is great. What I didn't love was having to travel to KOP for weekends and procedures, but I knew that going in. I really liked the Langhorne staff, so going to KOP was an adjustment...[nurses were] 100% human and maternal. I felt like I was dealing with mothers and friends. Many of the nurses were new moms or expecting and truly felt connected to me.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was really easy for my husband and I to connect with. His humor and energy around the "science" aligned with how we work. This isn't for everyone, but it worked really well for us. He answered my questions before I asked them, and he was genuinely happy for us when we "graduated."
Just remember that you are one of many cases and patients he has seen. He's been through almost every situation, but you have not. Don't be shy to ask him to slow down or explain things further. It can be overwhelming, but remember that he is an expert. He genuinely loves his profession and wants to see you with a healthy baby and a happy future.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The Langhorne office was small, and the lab area was in the hallway. I felt this was a little too open. Towards the end of my care, they moved to another office, and that was perfect. The new location is great. What I didn't love was having to travel to KOP for weekends and procedures, but I knew that going in. I really liked the Langhorne staff, so going to KOP was an adjustment.
It went through insurance and still working out my balance
Dr. had full confidence in eSET and was candid about the opportunity to have twins. His sentiments were in alignment with ours, so this was no issue. I could see how this might be a point of conflict for other patients.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
At one point, we were back and forth with insurance and my mail-order pharmacy. It was an annoying few days, because I wasn't sure I would get my meds in time for my IVF cycle, and we were really trying to move quickly. The issue we had was that I was getting different information from the insurance provider from what RMA was getting. Even my husband got different information. So, it wasn't RMA's fault, but I feel they could have helped me with the process for communication a bit better. Overall, it worked out, but I was nervous and emotional, and I would have preferred to avoid that stress!
Langhorne
Dr Castelbaum was an amazing doctor to work WITH. I never felt like he knew more than me or treated me like I was less than. I came in extremely anxious after a recent miscarriage and he reassured me the entire duration of my care that he would do everything to give me a healthy happy pregnancy and baby. I never felt like a number, I felt like a friend...prescribed Femera to assist in my ovulation since I was ovulating later in my cycle. We ended up having to use the trigger shot to induce ovulation early since my follicles were big and ready. I conceived without the use of IUI.
I have no weaknesses to report [at RMA of Philadelphia] . I loved every thing from scheduling, to calling with questions and how I was handled during my entire experience. The nursing staff was prompt and settled my anxious nerves very quickly. Dr Castelbaum was reassuring and professional during my stay and I trusted him implicitly...They were all AMAZING..SO caring, so sweet and so genuine. I felt like they were cheering me on every step of the way
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum is extremely knowledgeable in this field and is able to explain everything to us "newbies" in a way that we would understand. Every visit felt like a meeting with a friend, not just a doctor who was treating a patient. I felt like he CARED about my success not just for office numbers but for my own future and well being. I trusted every decision he suggested during my care and truly believed that he wanted to see me with a healthy pregnancy. I was so upset to leave the practice after my "safe mark" to join my OB as I loved everything about RMA Langhorne.
SEE HIM!!! Do not wait. Ask for Dr Castelbaum and trust him. He is such a caring, honest, and sweet gentleman who truly made my experience what it was.
Dr Castelbaum prescribed Femera to assist in my ovulation since I was ovulating later in my cycle. We ended up having to use the trigger shot to induce ovulation early since my follicles were big and ready. I conceived without the use of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Lianna)
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I have no weaknesses to report . I loved every thing from scheduling, to calling with questions and how I was handled during my entire experience. The nursing staff was prompt and settled my anxious nerves very quickly. Dr Castelbaum was reassuring and professional during my stay and I trusted him implicitly.
My insurance covered most except copayments