6.8

215.654.1544
930 Town Center Dr
Langhorne, PA 19047
267.852.0780
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
1151 Old York Rd
Abington, PA 19001
215.938.1515

2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum cares about his patients and takes all the necessary steps to ensure you are the driver of your care. His treatments are effective and he leads his RMA team with such poise...I got stuck with a thin lining before my frozen embryo transfer. This required more and more medication (injections) in order to thicken up my lining. It was tough but we got through it...[he] tailors an individualized approach to each patient
The [RMA of Philadelphia] clinic is well organized, easy to find and clean. Everything feels private with new technology. You don't really see other patients which I'm sure other patients are appreciative of. I have been to a few of their branch locations and all of their clinics are equally as pleasing...Diagnostics: $1,000. Medicated cycle (Clomid with IUI): $2,000. IVF- cycle one: $8,000; cycle two: $7,000
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum cares about his patients and takes all the necessary steps to ensure you are the driver of your care. His treatments are effective and he leads his RMA team with such poise. Dr. Castelbaum forms caring relationships with his patients as we all have the same ultimate goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
listen and take notes, it's a lot of information and a lot to take in.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is informative, straight-forward and tailors an individualized approach to each patient. He is passionate about what he does and it shows.
Describe the protocols Arthur Castelbaum used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval went swimmingly but I got stuck with a thin lining before my frozen embryo transfer. This required more and more medication (injections) in order to thicken up my lining. It was tough but we got through it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff treats you as their own. It is a community feel and you become a part of their RMA family. Very warm, welcoming, receptive, and genuinely wants to know about you and the hopes for your family.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is well organized, easy to find and clean. Everything feels private with new technology. You don't really see other patients which I'm sure other patients are appreciative of. I have been to a few of their branch locations and all of their clinics are equally as pleasing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia.
Describe Arthur Castelbaum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
eSET and FET is the way to go.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics...I felt like my specific concerns were listened to and addressed. I wasn't given a one-sized-fits-all protocol but was actively involved in the decision making...
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments...My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather...This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt that Dr. Castelbaum was honest, transparent, and trustworthy. He is an expert in his field but takes the time to explain things to you in ways that you fully and completely understand. He tailored my treatment plans based on my specific concerns and needs. He was warm and comforting but also very clear about data and statistics.
Watch all of the available webinars and videos online before meeting with the Doctor and have a list of questions ready so that you can maximize your time with him and get all of your concerns addressed!
Antagonist protocol was used - ended up being on the meds for a shorter time period than expected, about 8 total days instead of 10-12.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
My nurse, Heather, was very timely in her responses and made sure I fully understood everything. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Heather. IVF sucks; it is emotionally/financially/physically taxing, and she made the entire process suck a little less.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I really appreciated the efficiency of RMA. I felt like they did everything they could to respect your time and get you in and out of the office during morning monitoring appointments. As someone who hates needles and giving blood, I definitely appreciated the care and compassion that the RMA clinical staff showed me.
This clinic strongly advocates for single embryo transfers up to a certain age.
King of Prussia

I could never get in contact with him [Dr. Castelbaum] when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored...He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA...I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me...The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center...Nothing but un-monitored cycles. Does not want to change any dosage for medication and does not respect your wishes when you want to have a monitored cycle.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He put on a great show for my initial consult but after that was a train wreck. I had nothing but un-monitored cycles. I had an adverse reaction to a fertility medication that I was prescribed and was told to go see my ob/gyn..theres nothing that they can do for me. He never wanted to increase my dosage nor did he want to do a monitored cycle out of the four cycles that I did with him. At my last visit he decided to put me on a different medication and suggested that I not do IUI and go straight to IVF but that I would need to find a new job that covers IVF. As I was leaving he loudly said now go make us look good and get pregnant. WHO SAYS THAT?!
Don't waste your time and do not fall for the caring doctor that he acts like he is during your consultation.
I could never get in contact with him when it came to important results from diagnostic test nor with figuring out my medication dosages and whether my upcoming cycle would be monitored/un-monitored.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was the only good part of this experience with RMA
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are the only strength for this facility. The nurses showed that they cared about you unlike the doctor. There was a lack of communication within the call center and the doctor was just lazy.
The insurance co-pays, the outside facility co-pays for blood work and imaging and the costs of the medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
I was originally told that my case was minor and that I would/should get pregnant within three months with only taking the medication that was prescribed to me. That was a lie. I had tests done at a location closer to me and I never got a call from the practice regarding to my results. There were also missing appointments that I was scheduled for.

2015 - 2020, Successful
The wait time during appointment is good. The [RMA of Philadelphia] staff bedside manner and promptness is excellent. From the staff to the nurse to the doctor they were all welcoming...The nursing staff were all friendly and accommodating. If you have questions you can call them and responds very well...My last IVF treatment cost is 14500$ and medications is 3500$
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum was such a great doctor. He showed compassions and supportive during the entire process. He wants everything to go smoothly especially in times that is an uncomfortable phase in your life. He will help you and guide you all through out. Hes also comforting in times we had failed procedure but gave you assurance and very accomodating and knowledgeable in his practice. We are thankful for him and recommended him to several of my friends.
I highly recommend Dr Castelbaum to future client beacause his experitise and knowledgeable will help them in achieving their goals.
He listens very well to our concerns and respectively open suggestions to his expertise
I did traditional IVf and mini round IVF protocols the difference is just the injectable dosage but other treatment protocol is the same
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The overall clinics staff and doctors were highly recommended. The wait time during appointment is good. The staff bedside manner and promptness is excellent. From the staff to the nurse to the doctor they were all welcoming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Philadelphia.
You can go in for your monitoring for your convenient time
My last IVF treatment cost is 14500$ and medications is 3500$
The clinic preferred single transfer to avoid multiple birth and other gestational problems.
RMA of Philadelphia
Abington (formerly Willow Grove)
2014 - 2020, Successful
Dr Castelbaum was honest and explained things in a way we understood. He never made us feel rushed, pressured us to spend more or pursue treatments that would not be successful. We always could count on his honesty and realistic input. He was always compassionate and patient too...He is a big advocate for eSET.
[our nurse] was patient kind and thorough. She was quick to respond and worked so hard for us...RMA is excellent. I travelled from out of state twice to receive treatment with them...out of state frozen embryo transfer of donor embryo $5,000. medication was $2000...They just have a wonderful team...My only extra advice would be to ask for the financial info ahead of treatment so you are not surprised.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
If you have questions, ask. He has a wealth of information, research and experience. He knows what he is doing. He wants everyone to feel empowered j. their decisions through the process - so if you feel unsure you should ask why and he will gladly give research to back up his methods.
Dr Castlebaum was always quick to respond to questions, was kind and always made me feel like a valued patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana was patient kind and thorough. She was quick to respond and worked so hard for us.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
RMA is excellent. I travelled from out of state twice to receive treatment with them. The entire office is quick to respond and polite. The nurses and doctors are through (even if it’s not your primary doctor they review things so thoroughly). We loved the embryologists and the surgical nurses as well. They just have a wonderful team. RMA is up to date on research and have excellent pregnancy rates. I’d highly recommend looking them up on SART. My only extra advice would be to ask for the financial info ahead of treatment so you are not surprised.
He is a big advocate for eSET.
Langhorne

He [Dr. Castelbaum] prepared a tight schedule to quickly move through the IVF process...From the start, our doctor set realistic expectations but maintained a positive and professional outlook. We enjoyed his unwavering encouragement...You may not see him very often, he is heavily involved in the process and always looking at your visit results to then adjust your care...
Each [nurse at RMA of Philadelphia] followed my journey closely and remembered me each visit... They were attentive, professional, and friendly...Good communicators, smaller intimate practice, and made room for me in their schedule. I was not just a number of many patients... they handled everything for me and made the process easy. I could reach someone at any time of day, including an emergency on-call doctor.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
We came to RMA after three failed IUIs at Penn and they could not fit us into their schedule for 6 months to start the IVF process. Being furloughed from work in the pandemic, I was nervous to lose insurance coverage, but after the consultation RMA was able to start me within a month. The team there was always there to answer the phone, not an answering service. And my nurse was there the entire time to answer my emails within hours and then schedule my appointments for me. (At Penn, I would never get emails back, always had a different nurse, and would have to leave my phone calls to an answering service.) The office location was close by, the team always welcoming/ encouraging, and I trust the team of doctors... each explained the process and took the time to keep me completely updated.
He prepared a tight schedule to quickly move through the IVF process, which I am eternally grateful for and ready for our next transfer as soon as I can :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Each followed my journey closely and remembered me each visit... They were attentive, professional, and friendly
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The team clearly communicated cost between out of pocket vs from insurance... we had one issue where there was one confusion, but it was resolved. Outside that, knowing the out of pocket cost was a major reason choosing RMA over Penn (who could not tell us any costs).
King of Prussia
Dr. Casselbaum took the time to answer all of my questions. He remembered where I worked and he remembered our previous loss. I did not feel like I was refreshing his memory at every appointment...He answered all of my questions and dealt with my anxiety of being nervous over everything. When he had to tell us that there was not a heartbeat, he was sensitive and used his experience to basically tell us that it would not work out, which I appreciated. In terms of anxiety, I felt like he gave a lot of information - sometimes I do not need to know everything! However, that is just me and others may feel differently. The only time I got frustrated was waiting for my period to come after the loss. After a month and a half, I called the office to advocate for myself and they adjusted the treatment right away. I was also monitored very closely after the loss, which I appreciated. I am currently pregnant now and was able to stay with Dr. Casselbaum for 9 weeks. He continued to let me come for the ultrasound even though he was confident I could go back to my gyn at 7 weeks. He knew I needed that weekly reassurance for as long as possible.
The nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] were amazing. Very friendly, informative, and reassuring...I spoke with an insurance counselor provided by RMA to inform me of what is covered by insurance and what would be additional costs. Everything before IUI was covered by my insurance. After that, the counselor provided me with the cost of each procedure so that I was aware before making a treatment plan...They always returned my messages that were left if they were unable to find a nurse at that time to answer my question. I also always got my blood results same day, which alleviates a lot of stress from waiting.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Casselbaum was very personable during our consult and at each ultrasound appointment that we had. He explained the steps and how the process would work. He answered all of my questions and dealt with my anxiety of being nervous over everything. When he had to tell us that there was not a heartbeat, he was sensitive and used his experience to basically tell us that it would not work out, which I appreciated. In terms of anxiety, I felt like he gave a lot of information - sometimes I do not need to know everything! However, that is just me and others may feel differently. The only time I got frustrated was waiting for my period to come after the loss. After a month and a half, I called the office to advocate for myself and they adjusted the treatment right away. I was also monitored very closely after the loss, which I appreciated. I am currently pregnant now and was able to stay with Dr. Casselbaum for 9 weeks. He continued to let me come for the ultrasound even though he was confident I could go back to my gyn at 7 weeks. He knew I needed that weekly reassurance for as long as possible.
I would say to advocate for yourself if you feel like you are waiting and do not know the next steps. That only happened to me once.
After the consult, Dr. Casselbaum ordered a variety of tests that needed to be done to ensure that the problem was nothing internal. Genetic testing was also ordered. Once of the results were in (which did not take long - maybe 2 weeks) we met with him again and he gave us our game plan. He prescribed Femara to help me ovulate. He specifically told me the days to take it and the days that we should have intercourse. It did not work the first time. It worked the second time, but it ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I did not work the third time. It worked the fourth time and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Leanna)
The nurses were amazing. Very friendly, informative, and reassuring.
Langhorne
I did especially appreciate though when Dr. Castlebaum personally reached out to discuss issues if they were more serious or complicated. He was very reassuring and made me feel optimistic that this will work out...ask to speak to him personally if you need clarity or have more in depth questions. He will reach out to explain.
Any new patient should know this is a difficult process that is time consuming and stressful. The [RMA of Philadelphia] clinic does help as best as they can in accommodating you. Be prepared for many tests, blood works, hysteroscopy, ultrasounds basically turning you inside out to find out what is wrong with you...The majority of the nursing staff were excellent, caring, and responsive.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt that Dr. Castelbaum was very knowledgeable and experienced. Even though I did not see him often, and really liked some of the other Doctors such as Dr. Gutman in the philadelphia office (I went there due to living closer). I trusted Dr. Castelbaum's recommendations and felt confident with him overseeing my care.
To ask to speak to him personally if you need clarity or have more in depth questions. He will reach out to explain.
Most of my interactions such as test results and questions were done through the nursing staff who were very responsive and friendly, and I was fine with that. I did especially appreciate though when Dr. Castlebaum personally reached out to discuss issues if they were more serious or complicated. He was very reassuring and made me feel optimistic that this will work out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
The majority of the nursing staff were excellent, caring, and responsive. I communicated a lot via email with Tina, and she always responded in a timely manner, and passed on information to Dr. Castelbaum that I asked her to. She was always able to get a response from him, and if needed get him in touch with me over that phone if it was a more complicated issue.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Any new patient should know this is a difficult process that is time consuming and stressful. The clinic does help as best as they can in accommodating you. Be prepared for many tests, blood works, hysteroscopy, ultrasounds basically turning you inside out to find out what is wrong with you. But for us it was worth it.
We chose the least expensive pricing for the egg retrieval and transfer options. It worked out in our favor. But It still came out to a lot of money when you add that with all the visit copays, hysteroscopies that they bill you for, medications, egg storage, and any failed transfers (1 live birth, 1 ended in miscarriage, and currently 15 weeks pregnant).

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
Some days I felt unimportant because he [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me...He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He [Dr. Castelbaum] never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage...My only complaint is that there were a few times (twice maybe?) they forgot to call in my medication. This problem was easily rectified by calling the after hours service. The on call doctor would call my prescriptions in for me. Aside from that, the nursing team was my rock. They encouraged me, cheered me on, and always took the extra time to explain everything to me. They have been phenomenal.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum is a very smart man. He is not an alarmist - he only gives you the information you need, and I think that’s to keep you for over analyzing or overthinking. I do, though, prefer to have more knowledge than I may need, so this has bothered me from time to time. When in his care, you need to have the mindset that he’s a professional and you need to trust him. Sometimes this can be hard for me, but I have seen many people have great success with him, so I do trust him.
Ask for more information when you need it.
It was kind of neutral. Some days I felt unimportant because he never elaborates, but when I have needed answers and pushed for me, he has provided that for me.
I was put on the antagonist protocol. He never explained the logic for this protocol. This yielded 14 eggs and resulted in 10 frozen embryos. We transferred 1 embryo each time. First transfer resulted in a negative test and the second resulted in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It’s very difficult to get in touch with the person you’re looking to talk to. You can’t call directly through to an office - you speak to someone who puts a message in to your office and then they call you back when they can. This isn’t convenient for my line of work because I can’t talk at certain times throughout the day.
The cost of an IUI cycle was approximately $1,000 and for an egg retrieval and transfer, it cost just over $10,000.
I appreciate his conservative approach because the thought of carrying multiples worries me due to the increased health risks for myself and potential babies.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Minor problems - one being they didn’t upload my FET calendar of medication so they had to recreate it. Twice (out of many, many cycles), they forgot to call in my prescriptions.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Castelbaum is one of the warmest, most caring doctors I have ever met. He was extremely compassionate and empathetic to the situation happening with me and my partner. He explained everything clearly, has an incredible bedside manner, and genuinely cares about his patients. ... He worked extensively to help us with the situation we had, and constantly expressed empathy and compassion for our specific case.
I don't see any weaknesses. It is an exemplary clinic and others should take note of how well it is run not only with efficiency but compassion and kindness as well. I would recommend RMA King of Prussia to anyone seeking ART. ... MA's policy is to transfer a single embryo unless it has been shown to be absolutely necessary to try multiples. ... The nurses always greeted me with such warmth and kindness ...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum genuinely cares about the patients he works with. He was warm, friendly, and funny when appropriate. He treated me and my partner with the utmost respect and dignity. He worked extensively to help us with the situation we had, and constantly expressed empathy and compassion for our specific case. I absolutely love being a patient of his and wish all doctors had the knowledge and kindness he freely displays.
Take him over any other doctor, he is truly one of a kind.
Dr. Castelbaum is one of the warmest, most caring doctors I have ever met. He was extremely compassionate and empathetic to the situation happening with me and my partner. He explained everything clearly, has an incredible bedside manner, and genuinely cares about his patients. He is a wonderful man and doctor to work with.
We did a fairly aggressive antagonist protocol with Gonal-F and Menopur then Cetrotide. I responded extremely well to the protocol. At retrieval I had 25 eggs, with 23 being mature. 16 fertilized with ICSI and 8 embryos made it to day 5 for PGS biopsy and freezing. I did not respond well to the oral/vaginal estrogen, so we performed a mini-stim protocol for the FET. I did 10 days of follistim 75IU injections, with PIO starting a few days before transfer. Unfortunately the transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am hoping to generate more embryos before prepping for a new FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses always greeted me with such warmth and kindness. My husband was undergoing cancer treatment while I was going through IVF-FET and they always made sure to check in to see how he was doing. I loved everyone on the staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I had insurance coverage so the total cost of meds plus treatment was under $5000 total.
RMA's policy is to transfer a single embryo unless it has been shown to be absolutely necessary to try multiples.
King of Prussia

[RMA of Philadelphia] felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.... Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I felt like Dr Castelbaum has a very high opinion of himself and his clinic. He spent a lot of time talking about how his clinic did well when inspected by the FDA. This seemed like a strange thing to talk about during our consult with some difficult news. I felt like he was pressuring us to use a donor egg without asking how we felt about it. He really dumped a lot of difficult information on us at once without much compassion. He suggested we have a cry and beer at home before coming back and talking with him again. If felt very strange and like we were taking up space in his office is we weren’t totally on board with his plan after 5 minutes of discussion. He was very blunt and said “you’re a complicated case” immediately after we entered the room. He prescribed Clomid and did not offer to monitor or follow up with me. I had a very bad drug reaction and spoke with a nurse who said she spoke with the doctor and told me there was nothing they could do and I should see my general doctor. When I called a week later seeking guidance after I got my period, I spoke with a nurse who said she would talk to the doctor and get bs m to me and they never did. I’m so glad we went elsewhere!
Don’t expect a great deal of compassion. He is very blunt.
I felt like I was in a processing plant. At first I thought I liked Dr Castelbaum, but then I realized I didn’t feel comfortable with his demeanor. I felt like the office staff and nurses were often upset about something and our presence or questions were annoying them.
He prescribed clomid but had me start on day 6, which another doctor confirmed didn’t do anything. I had terrible side effects (tingling in limbs and panic attacks) and they did nothing to help me or advise me after I called reporting the side effects.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses lost the bloodwork results I provided twice. They then tried to redo some of the blood tests. I had to come back the next day because they wouldn’t look at the results I previously provided while I was there. They didn’t return am important call on one occasion. In general, I didn’t feel like they cared.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
It felt like a factory- being moved through. The staff often seemed annoyed. They lost test results and did not provide results from a test they performed despite three requests. I’m not sure if the issue was just being disorganized or the personalities of the staff, but we had issues on so many occasions, we moved on to another clinic. The atmosphere was not warm or inviting.
The HSG test costs seemed high. Other costs were for office visits.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Then lost bloodwork results we provided and tried to rerun tests. When I stoped then from trying to do this, they told me I would have to come back after they had a chance to review things. It took 3 visits to sort this out and they still reran one of the tests I had just had done. Then also would not provide the results from my husbands tests after three requests ( 2 from us, one from our new doctor).

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had...My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
RMA has knowledgeable, friendly medical professionals working there. They make you feel comfortable every time your there. They never rush you and spend as much time as needed to answer any questions. They always get back to you in a timely manner...The nursing staff at RMA is wonderful! Everyone knew me by name and made me feel so comfortable every time I went for an appointment. They were also always helpful with any questions or concerns I had...I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum is amazing! I thought I would never have children of my own and now I have a daughter and another little one on the way! He gave me the family I was dreamed of! I HIGHLY recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA!
If your having trouble conceiving, see Dr Castelbaum. You won’t regret it!
At every visit I was greeted by my first name as soon as I walked in the door. Dr Castelbaum always made me feel important during every appointment. I never felt rushed during any visit and always took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had.
I did two cycles of IVF. The first cycle I used Gonal-F, Meopur & cetrotide. My ovaries did not respond well to the medications and they only retrieved 4 eggs resulting in one embryo which did not work. Dr Castelbaum expressed his concerns but said we could try a more aggressive protocol and added in micro Lupron. I responded much better with the added medication. This time they got 19 eggs and I ended with 3 embryos. We transferred one embryo, which resulted in a miscarriage, and froze the rest. The first frozen transfer worked and I had a daughter. I just had my second frozen transfer which always worked!
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
My insurance only covered diagnostics for IVF so most of the cost was out of pocket. I paid total around $17,000 for the 2 fresh cycles. Medications for fresh cycle were around $3-4K (with discounts). The frozen cycle was $3,000 and meds were about $500.
2015 - 2019, Successful
These nurses [at RMA of Philadelphia] cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them... I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I honestly can't think of a single weakness when it comes to Dr. Castelbaum. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, thorough, and kind. No two people are the same and he knows that and it shows in how he interacts with each of his patients. My husband and I brought embryos with us to Dr. Castelbaum from another facility. He was up front in telling us that he wanted his embryologist to review them because every clinic has their own guidelines for freezing and storing embryos and he wouldn't know what we had until they could look at them for themselves. After the first transfer with him from those embryos it resulted in a successful pregnancy where I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Upon returning to the office two years later we did 4 additional transfers. The first 2 were with our remaining embryos we had brought with us from the other facility. From those, we had 1 early miscarriage (blighted ovum) and 1 chemical pregnancy. We then did another round of injections for egg retrieval. First transfer from this round was a chemical pregnancy. Second transfer was successful and I'm currently 10 weeks, 3 days pregnant and was discharged to my OB a week ago. It's so easy to blame doctors for a failed embryo transfer. My failed transfers were devastating to me; but I also remember how shocked and upset Dr. Castelbaum was for us. We did not do genetic testing although it was recommended to us to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Even though we chose not to, we were never judged for it. I almost gave up after the third failed transfer. Emotionally, I didn't know if I could keep going. Mentally, I knew I wasn't ready to give up. I'll never forget what Dr. Castelbaum said to me on my last appointment: "I know you were ready to jump ship and I understand why. But I'm so glad you didn't. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. I'm glad I got to be a part of this and am so happy for you." These words will stick with me the rest of my life and I still tear up thinking about it. I could never thank him enough for all he's done for me and my husband.
Please realize Doctors are human. They can't give guaranteed results and they aren't perfect. Dr. Castelbaum loves what he does and it shows. If you want someone that will give you the brutal truth, yet deliver it in a compassionate way and someone who will truly fight for you Dr. Castelbaum is the guy to see.
I have been to two different facilities. The first one was like a meat market; standing room only and unless you had some news worthy fertility problem, you never saw the physicians, you always saw a nurse or a PA. At RMA I saw a Physician every time I went, and I was made to feel important. If I had to wait, I never minded because I knew the wait was due to them wanting to give every patient the same respect, time, and quality appointment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
These nurses cried with me during my losses, encouraged me to hold on to hope, and embraced me with my successes. I can't say enough positive things about them. No matter how many times I emailed or had questions, they always answered me as soon as possible and assured me I wasn't a bother and that this is what they were there for. I felt cared for with them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is a reflection of those who work there. If you read my full review of the Doctors and staff, you'll agree this clinic is fantastic. I did have a few issues with billing, but that wasn't their fault. My insurance is tricky and certain parts are carved out. Even through those issues, the billing staff were cooperative and willing to work with me to get this all straightened out.
I had insurance coverage for almost all of my treatments.
Dr. Castelbaum is a strong believer in only transferring one embryo. I was hesitant to agree but after he gave us the facts, I understood why and I knew he had my best interest in mind.
Langhorne
He [Dr. Arthur Castelbaum] made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible...We fell in the category of unknown fertility issues. We originally started with Clomid for a few months but still no success. We then tried IUI, the 1st time was a success unfortunately ended with a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We tried another IUI and we’ve been successful this far. We are going on 12 weeks and hoping for an amazing outcome.
The drs & staff [at RMA of Philadelphia] were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience...The nursing staff was amazing as well. You spend a lot of time in the office when going through fertility and you build friendships with them. They always made me feel comfortable...
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
He made my husband & I feel comfortable right from the beginning. Unfortunately our insurance didn’t cover fertility and he was amazing every step of the way to help us and keep it as reasonable as possible.
You will not be disappointed.
Dr Castelbaum was truly amazing. He made my husband & I feel as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The drs & staff were wonderful from beginning to end. They never made you feel like a number and always made you feel at home. I would recommend this office to anyone. I was definitely satisfied with my experience.
I honestly don’t remember each cost as my insurance did not cover fertility treatment
Langhorne

[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not prescribe himself. Referred to different doctors and forced to jump through hoops...Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages...Only willing to do single embryo transfer...Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time.
Poor scheduling [at RMA of Philadelphia]. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area...The nursing staff was wonderful...[Dr. Arthur Castelbaum has a] Very good bedside manner and patience. Did not personalize my treatment or change protocol after multiple losses. Was willing to discuss other treatment options but would not
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Do not use if you have a history of miscarriages
Good bedside manner. Did not personalize my care or protocol.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nursing staff was wonderful
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Poor scheduling. Not willing to work around your schedule. Will only seem patients between 7-10 am no matter the circumstances Always on time. Friendly and clean environment. Comfortable waiting area.
It was covered under insurance
Only willing to do single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Only one time did they fail to call me with results. Otherwise the staff was excellent
2013 - 2019, Successful
If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle...explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum [at RMA of Philadelphia] for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I have been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum for over 6 years. My experiences with him have always been positive throughout those 6 years even if we received bad news. I was never discouraged because he always has a Plan B! He is patient and kind and willing to chat with me even if he has an office full of patients. I have terrible eggs and he helped me conceive my 5 year old son and I am now pregnant again because of him. When my daughter passed away from an umbilical cord accident very late in my pregnancy, he met with me ASAP just to talk to me. I needed his advice and he made time and was there for me even though I wasn't a patient at the time. He really is a wonderful doctor and we all consider him a part of our family.
I have recommended Dr. Castelbaum to many people. I'm not sure exactly what piece of advice I would give but when I do recommend him, I always say the same thing... "He's the best! Don't waste your time anywhere else."
Dr. Castelbaum is the best doctor I have ever had. He and his staff are ALWAYS warm and kind. I always felt comfortable and at home in his office even though I was going through some of the hardest days of my life.
I honestly cannot remember all of the treatment strategies but I do know the one that works for me. The "Atomic Bomb." Dr. Castelbaum has to give me the maximum dose of medications (Menopur, Follistim) in order for me to produce even the smallest amount of eggs for an egg retrieval. While neither of us were very confident that we would get many eggs, in the end, we had two frozen genetically tested "normal" embryos. If it wasn't for Dr. Castelbaum paying very close attention to me during my treatment, he wouldn't have known to up the doses of the medications so I could produce more eggs and I most likely would have come up empty handed. I think a lot of doctors would have just cancelled the cycle.
Dr. Castelbaum explained how dangerous multiple embryos can be for not only the mother but for the babies too. I had no idea of the dangers of transferring multiple "normal" embryos. I'm so happy that I chose a doctor that is more concerned with the mother and the child's health than about stats.
Arthur Castelbaum

Don’t worry you’re in good hands. Dr. Castelbaum’s optimism and confidence are contagious. It’s hard not to believe in him and the plan you agree on...was confident, reassuring and diligent in my treatment plan. His optimism was contagious. I came to his office afraid and frustrated. I left feeling hopeful and inspired. When I saw Dr. Castelbaum at the hospital for my HSG, I instantly felt relieved...you feel like you were their only patient.
From the receptionist to the nurses to Dr. Castlebaum, everyone [at RMA of Philadelphia] made you feel like you were their only patient...All of the nurses were fantastic. They were knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. You could palpate their passion throughout the clinic...The clinic was always very busy but very well organized. One day I came in for an 8am appointment at 7am. They were able to squeeze me in like it was no problem at all. They always called promptly with my test results and answered all of my questions. They were more than flexible with appointment times and always there to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was confident, reassuring and diligent in my treatment plan. His optimism was contagious. I came to his office afraid and frustrated. I left feeling hopeful and inspired. When I saw Dr. Castelbaum at the hospital for my HSG, I instantly felt relieved.
From the receptionist to the nurses to Dr. Castlebaum, everyone made you feel like you were their only patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Isabelle )
Langhorne
Dr. Castelbaum will answer emails the same day, often within a couple of hours, and once I could reach out that way I became very comfortable with care...Our situation was a really difficult and emotional one, but Dr. Castelbaum was really wonderful about being compassionate and giving us all the information and time we needed to make a decision we were comfortable with but that also gave us the best chance of having a child...
We were given about a 20% chance of success with our own eggs after testing, vs 60% with a donor [at RMA of Philadelphia]...Out of our 6 eggs, 3 became viable embryos...We've only done one single embryo transfer cycle, and are now 12 weeks along...She [nurse] was knowledgeable, and could always find an answer for me if she didn't know right away. She was also kind and compassionate...we consulted with another practice and RMA Philadelphia's pricing was much more reasonable. All pricing was done as packages.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
At first I was frustrated with communication, then we all realized they'd just switched over to a new email system. Dr. Castelbaum will answer emails the same day, often within a couple of hours, and once I could reach out that way I became very comfortable with care at RMA. Our situation was a really difficult and emotional one, but Dr. Castelbaum was really wonderful about being compassionate and giving us all the information and time we needed to make a decision we were comfortable with but that also gave us the best chance of having a child. Using an egg donor was a huge step, but once I was used to the idea, I was really glad we decided to do so. We got pregnant on our first cycle, currently 12 weeks.
Never be afraid to ask questions of Dr. C or of the nurses. They are happy to answer and you will feel more comfortable. They are all there to guide you through this process, and understanding what is going on and why helps a lot. There were many times when Dr. C supplied answers to questions I didn't even know to ask or before I could ask them.
Any time I had a concern or question, it was always answered within minutes, even when they were busy with morning testing. Everyone knew me by name and made sure I was comfortable. The front desk and nursing staff always made a point of making sure I didn't have to wait too long, and the doctors were great about answering questions and making me feel comfortable. I was never rushed into a decision.
We were given about a 20% chance of success with our own eggs after testing, vs 60% with a donor. As we were paying out of pocket, we knew we couldn't afford to try over and over, and we had to decide which was more important to us: the genetic relationship but with a much reduced chance of success, or having a much better chance of having a child with a donor egg. In retrospect, given the stress inherent in IVF with the hormone shots and whatnot, I'm really glad we went with a donor to limit all of that. Out of our 6 eggs, 3 became viable embryos, which is fantastic. We've only done one single embryo transfer cycle, and are now 12 weeks along.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Marianne)
She was knowledgeable, and could always find an answer for me if she didn't know right away. She was also kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The only weakness is that it would have been helpful to have contact info (like email) spelled out clearly for a brand new patient. I wasn't sure when it was okay to email, when it wasn't (turned out, it pretty much always was). But otherwise, I saw three different doctors - Dr. Castelbaum most of the time for my appointments, though twice another doc, and then Dr. Gutman did both my mock transfer and actual transfer, since it's whoever is on duty when your body is ready to go. All were really great - Dr. C with information and helping guide our decision making process, Dr. G with calming down and reassuring a very very nervous patient at mock and real transfer!
I don't want to talk about exact numbers, but I will say that we consulted with another practice and RMA Philadelphia's pricing was much more reasonable. All pricing was done as packages. Since we were new to the process, we had a lot of questions, and the financing department understood the medical side of what was provided and were able to answer all of our questions.
Dr. Castelbaum strongly preferred SET given our circumstances.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Castelbaum] Always knew who I was at every appointment, including my name, my husband's name, our history, and what stage we were at. He anticipated my questions before i asked them because he knew how i was thinking throughout the process...was really easy for my husband and I to connect with. His humor and energy around the "science" aligned with how we work. This isn't for everyone, but it worked really well for us. He answered my questions before I asked them, and he was genuinely happy for us when we "graduated."
The Langhorne office [of RMA of Philadelphia] was small, and the lab area was in the hallway. I felt this was a little too open. Towards the end of my care, they moved to another office, and that was perfect. The new location is great. What I didn't love was having to travel to KOP for weekends and procedures, but I knew that going in. I really liked the Langhorne staff, so going to KOP was an adjustment...[nurses were] 100% human and maternal. I felt like I was dealing with mothers and friends. Many of the nurses were new moms or expecting and truly felt connected to me.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum was really easy for my husband and I to connect with. His humor and energy around the "science" aligned with how we work. This isn't for everyone, but it worked really well for us. He answered my questions before I asked them, and he was genuinely happy for us when we "graduated."
Just remember that you are one of many cases and patients he has seen. He's been through almost every situation, but you have not. Don't be shy to ask him to slow down or explain things further. It can be overwhelming, but remember that he is an expert. He genuinely loves his profession and wants to see you with a healthy baby and a happy future.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The Langhorne office was small, and the lab area was in the hallway. I felt this was a little too open. Towards the end of my care, they moved to another office, and that was perfect. The new location is great. What I didn't love was having to travel to KOP for weekends and procedures, but I knew that going in. I really liked the Langhorne staff, so going to KOP was an adjustment.
It went through insurance and still working out my balance
Dr. had full confidence in eSET and was candid about the opportunity to have twins. His sentiments were in alignment with ours, so this was no issue. I could see how this might be a point of conflict for other patients.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
At one point, we were back and forth with insurance and my mail-order pharmacy. It was an annoying few days, because I wasn't sure I would get my meds in time for my IVF cycle, and we were really trying to move quickly. The issue we had was that I was getting different information from the insurance provider from what RMA was getting. Even my husband got different information. So, it wasn't RMA's fault, but I feel they could have helped me with the process for communication a bit better. Overall, it worked out, but I was nervous and emotional, and I would have preferred to avoid that stress!

2014 - 2019, Successful
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with [Dr. Castelbaum]. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF... He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
All the doctors at RMA have their own way of showing compassion while also being realistic. I never felt like a number...they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue)...All the doctors I have interacted with over the past five years have been knowledgeable, science driven, and compassionate. Of the two offices I used for appointments, both were mediocre with wait times for both blood work and ultrasounds because most women who want to fit in their appointment before work are all being "seen" at 7am...which is impossible.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
We've been using RMA and Dr. C since 2014 and if you are seeking fertility treatments, you are also seeking expertise, compassion, and facts. In total, we've completed one IUI, one egg retrieval procedure, and five frozen embryo transfers. We had two births, one miscarriage, one unsuccessful transfer, and are currently expecting our third. It's a rollercoaster and Dr. C has always been informative and never gives false hope. Our first transfer was successful, but after a failed transfer and a miscarriage, we regrouped with Dr. C to discuss options for the remaining embryos because it was getting expensive and emotionally taxing. Dr. C provided us with the research, facts, and risks with genetic testing the remaining embryos and ultimately left the decision up to us. After we decided to move forward with testing, Dr. C supported it and it resulted in another birth and we are currently pregnant. He often talks about how enjoys his ongoing relationships with his patients, we are repeat customers over five years and despite our various journey with each transfer, Dr. C has guided us with the information we needed to make the best choice for us. He might appear too direct for some, but when you are making life decisions that are emotionally and financially taxing, you want truth, not someone pushing you in one direction or another, or providing a false sense of what might be.
Dr. C is a mix of kindness, quirky, and direct. Don't be put off by his directness and appreciate the quirky.
I had unexplained infertility until our first consult with Dr. C. As soon as he did an ultrasound he diagnosed me with Endometriosis and we made the decision to try IVF. We proceeded with an egg stimulus process and egg retrieval. He suggested I wait one full cycle for my body to recover from the retrieval before doing our first transfer. Although I was excited to do our first transfer, I realized my body needed time to recuperate and heeded Dr. C's advice. A year after the birth of our son, we returned to RMA and the next two transfers were unsuccessful (one negative, one miscarriage) and Dr. C suggested genetic testing for the remaining embryos. We moved forward with genetic testing with resulted in two (out of the five remaining) viable embryos. The next transfer resulted in a successful pregnancy and birth. We returned to RMA this January to use our final remaining embryo. During my mock transfer, the doctor saw a fibroid in my uterus. Dr. C suggested I have it removed prior to our last embryo transfer, as he wanted to remove any risk of the transfer not working. Again, although I was excited to do our last transfer, we heeded his advice again, and are now pregnant with that embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Philadelphia.
The nurses are who see prior to the doctor and they always were kind and efficient. Any time I called with a question, the nursing staff would be quick with a reply after they consulted with my doctor (depending on the issue).
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
We were full pay out of pocket.
From the beginning, Dr. C advised against multiple embryo transfer because of the risks associated.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Philadelphia.
Within five years of using RMA (between births), I had one instance where the coordinator did not call me the day before my mock transfer, which is frustrating when trying to plan for work and childcare. When I called the day of my mock transfer, they seemed a bit unorganized. When they told me to arrive at noon with a full bladder, I waited for a full hour before I asked when my procedure was scheduled and was informed it wasn't until 1. I think they could be more sensitive to our time waiting with a full bladder and trust that we could arrive 15-20 minutes before our procedure.
2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Castelbaum] is extremely effective with his communication skills and a very compassionate person/doctor...We had become pregnant 1 month after having HSG but lost baby due to Turners Syndrome. After taking a few month break we tried 2 cycles of Clomid and on 3rd cycle paired it with an IUI. At this time Dr. C revisited the conversation of IVF...Both my retrieval and transfer fell on days where Dr. C was in KOP surgical center. We were fortunate to retrieve a lot of eggs and create 12 embryos. Our first transfer stuck and we are blessed with the happiest three month old baby boy! I would recommend him to friends, families and strangers.. he is THE BEST at what he does! And his offices are full of great people/nurses. Thank you Dr. C!
Denise and Leanna were the main nurses that cared for me [at RMA of Philadelphia] and I can genuinely say they were placed on this earth to do what they do. They are professional, compassionate, and personable...Finance will sit down with you and go over cost and payments...Clinic’s strength would be time management. I never had to wait to be seen. They schedule perfectly to have patients flow through seamlessly. They have early morning hours so that you do not have to miss work for frequent appointments. I also loved that you could be seen at any office. I was regularly a patient at Langhorne but upon accepting a new job I would be seen at Willow Grove location as well. Flexibility was extremely helpful with a work schedule.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr. Castelbaum takes the time and effort to connect with each couple. Our insurance did not cover fertility. We started with 3 months of Clomid and no luck. We had become pregnant 1 month after having HSG but lost baby due to Turners Syndrome. After taking a few month break we tried 2 cycles of Clomid and on 3rd cycle paired it with an IUI. At this time Dr. C revisited the conversation of IVF. During that visit I had him that my husband and I have never considered. We’ve had more conversations based around adoption prior to this visit. Thankfully my husband and I decided to move forward with IVF and Dr. C was very informative and the staff as well. Both my retrieval and transfer fell on days where Dr. C was in KOP surgical center. We were fortunate to retrieve a lot of eggs and create 12 embryos. Our first transfer stuck and we are blessed with the happiest three month old baby boy! I would recommend him to friends, families and strangers.. he is THE BEST at what he does! And his offices are full of great people/nurses. Thank you Dr. C!
Be “all in” when you go to see Dr. Castelbaum and follow his professional opinion and advice because he has mastered his job. Exhaust every avenue to make it happen because he will too!
Dr. C is extremely effective with his communication skills and a very compassionate person/doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Denise and Leanna)
Denise and Leanna were the main nurses that cared for me and I can genuinely say they were placed on this earth to do what they do. They are professional, compassionate, and personable. Truly the best people/nurses.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Our insurance didn’t cover fertility treatments, therefore we had to pay for almost everything out of pocket. Finance will sit down with you and go over cost and payments.
Dr. Castelbaum prefers to transfer one embryo at a time to achieve his and the parents goal of a singleton healthy baby.
Langhorne
Dr. Castelbaum cared. I was not just rushed through appointments, it was not all just about numbers on a chart. He genuinely wants to help people grow their families and have healthy, successful pregnancies. He made me feel comfortable in an otherwise uncomfortable situation... He has a way of being extremely professional yet warm and supportive...Each cycle we did an IUI assisted w/ Clomid. We started me at only 50mg, because I was diagnosed as unexplained and medically speaking, I have no reason to be infertile, nor does my husband. For the 2nd and then the 3rd IUI, we did 100mg of Clomid, with intention to reevaluate the drugs we were using if the 3rd did not work. Luckily the 3rd time was the charm for me.
I met a lot of nurses over the different offices I visited with RMA, and I found every one to be kind, attentive, great at their job, and compassionate...The weakness is a couple of the front desk employees. Most are fantastic, but there are a couple who are very rude and insensitive. My bad experiences weren't really enough to overshadow the excellent care I received from the doctors and nurses, but I will say that the compassion of everyone who works there is critical, including the front desk staff. An IUI is not a fun procedure to need, and these treatments and appts become very stressful. To have someone be impatient with you or insensitive at such a delicate time can be enough to want to give up.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I really cannot thank Dr. Castelbaum enough for his help. Each failed IUI was very difficult, but it helped to know he was just as invested in the process. I think his genuine joy when we confirmed my pregnancy made a huge difference; healthy babies and families really matter to him. I also can't express how excellent his bedside manner is. He has a way of being extremely professional yet warm and supportive. I am typically not comfortable with male doctors, and this type of care can be especially uncomfortable with a man, but he couldn't have made me feel more comfortable throughout the process.
Tell him all of your concerns and ask him all your questions. He cares, he wants to make you feel at ease and he wants you to have all the information you need.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The strength of the clinic is their flexibility to be open so early in the morning, especially if you work full time. It is possible to go through this process with a full time job, even if it gets pretty tough. The weakness is a couple of the front desk employees. Most are fantastic, but there are a couple who are very rude and insensitive. My bad experiences weren't really enough to overshadow the excellent care I received from the doctors and nurses, but I will say that the compassion of everyone who works there is critical, including the front desk staff. An IUI is not a fun procedure to need, and these treatments and appts become very stressful. To have someone be impatient with you or insensitive at such a delicate time can be enough to want to give up.
I have very high coverage insurance, so I never paid more than my $15 copay for appointments. The one high cost I incurred was for the Ovidrel medication used once per cycle, as it was not covered by insurance. That was $170.
King of Prussia
Dr Castelbaum was an amazing doctor to work WITH. I never felt like he knew more than me or treated me like I was less than. I came in extremely anxious after a recent miscarriage and he reassured me the entire duration of my care that he would do everything to give me a healthy happy pregnancy and baby. I never felt like a number, I felt like a friend...prescribed Femera to assist in my ovulation since I was ovulating later in my cycle. We ended up having to use the trigger shot to induce ovulation early since my follicles were big and ready. I conceived without the use of IUI.
I have no weaknesses to report [at RMA of Philadelphia] . I loved every thing from scheduling, to calling with questions and how I was handled during my entire experience. The nursing staff was prompt and settled my anxious nerves very quickly. Dr Castelbaum was reassuring and professional during my stay and I trusted him implicitly...They were all AMAZING..SO caring, so sweet and so genuine. I felt like they were cheering me on every step of the way
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Dr Castelbaum is extremely knowledgeable in this field and is able to explain everything to us "newbies" in a way that we would understand. Every visit felt like a meeting with a friend, not just a doctor who was treating a patient. I felt like he CARED about my success not just for office numbers but for my own future and well being. I trusted every decision he suggested during my care and truly believed that he wanted to see me with a healthy pregnancy. I was so upset to leave the practice after my "safe mark" to join my OB as I loved everything about RMA Langhorne.
SEE HIM!!! Do not wait. Ask for Dr Castelbaum and trust him. He is such a caring, honest, and sweet gentleman who truly made my experience what it was.
Dr Castelbaum prescribed Femera to assist in my ovulation since I was ovulating later in my cycle. We ended up having to use the trigger shot to induce ovulation early since my follicles were big and ready. I conceived without the use of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Lianna)
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
I have no weaknesses to report . I loved every thing from scheduling, to calling with questions and how I was handled during my entire experience. The nursing staff was prompt and settled my anxious nerves very quickly. Dr Castelbaum was reassuring and professional during my stay and I trusted him implicitly.
My insurance covered most except copayments
Langhorne
Overall it was very good, even during the first visit they did an ultra sound and bloodwork right away, he [Dr. Castelbaum] also told us of the entire plan during our first visit which I liked. He was very friendly and made each visit easier then I expected. He was also very positive which was good....He does like to joke around which he thinks helps patients relax more. I was fine with them and they did make me feel at easy since I was very nervous. I think some people may not find this as comforting as I did.
The clinic [RMA of Philadelphia] is very nice, large and clear. They have everything at the Langhorne office, but you have to go to KOP and St. Mary's hospital for certain proceedures and tests. Only thing that really bothered me is that you can't call your office directly, like ever, they just have an answering service and take messages.... He [Dr. Castelbaum] was always very pleasant, made small jokes to make us feel more comfortable, spent enough time with us, answered all our questions and listened to what we wanted to do.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
Overall it was very good, even during the first visit they did an ultra sound and bloodwork right away, he also told us of the entire plan during our first visit which I liked. He was very friendly and made each visit easier then I expected. He was also very positive which was good.
He was always very pleasant, made small jokes to make us feel more comfortable, spent enough time with us, answered all our questions and listened to what we wanted to do.
They were very nice
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
The clinic is very nice, large and clear. They have everything at the Langhorne office, but you have to go to KOP and St. Mary's hospital for certain proceedures and tests. Only thing that really bothered me is that you can't call your office directly, like ever, they just have an answering service and take messages.
Expensive.
Langhorne

Bc of my PCOS Dr. Castelbaum discovered that I was not ovulating and put me on Femara (Letrozole). First round (2 times a day twice a day), it was successful and we were able to go forth with IUI...Every single time my husband and I walked in we were greeted with huge smiles from Dr. Castelbaum...From the first meeting I was instantly comfortable. Before seeing bloodwork, medical records or doing any type of exam, he knew right away how to help and was so confident. He was kind, gentle in telling me the things I knew I needed to hear and told me he was going to help me reach my goal.
Positive, comforting and knowledgeable are just a few words to describe [the staff at RMA of Philadelphia]. I always felt taken care of and informed at each visit...staff explain step by step and walk you through each part of the treatment, procedures and ultrasounds...They always knew our names and treated us like family...I can’t even put into words how wonderful the nursing and admin staff at the Langhorne office are. They made a very emotional journey bearable.
How was your experience with Arthur Castelbaum at RMA of Philadelphia?
I found out 14 years ago that I have PCOS and from then worried I may never carry my own child. My husband and I spent a few years trying on our own until we finally asked for a recommendation to a fertility specialist and were sent to Dr. Castelbaum. From the first meeting I was instantly comfortable. Before seeing bloodwork, medical records or doing any type of exam, he knew right away how to help and was so confident. He was kind, gentle in telling me the things I knew I needed to hear and told me he was going to help me reach my goal. For the first time I felt it was possible and my dream of becoming a mother was going to happen. Through all of the treatment, which was an emotional rollercoaster I could have never prepared for, he and his staff were beyond amazing. They explained every step of the way, comforted me when I cried, greeted me with a huge smile every visit like I was their only patient and kept me going. And I can now say I am almost three months pregnant!! The only downside is that I don’t get to go to his office anymore as I have now “graduated” as Dr. Castelbaum puts it. I cannot say enough wonderful things about he and his staff and my husband and I will forever be so grateful for them.
Relax and trust that Dr. Castelbaum will do everything he can to get you your healthy baby.
Every single time my husband and I walked in we were greeted with huge smiles from Dr. Castelbaum and the staff. They always knew our names and treated us like family.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Positive, comforting and knowledgeable are just a few words to describe Dr. Castelbaum and his staff. I always felt taken care of and informed at each visit. He and the staff explain step by step and walk you through each part of the treatment, procedures and ultrasounds.
My insurance covered about 80% of our fertility treatment