6.8

9601 Blackwell Road, 4th and 5th floors
Rockville, MD 20850
301.340.1188

2013 - 2014, Successful
My nurses Emily and Lindsay were fantastic, personal, detailed and thorough...Financial paperwork had to be corrected several times, with administrative staff trying to bill me for a procedure we were not pursuing.
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was scientific and explained things in a way that respected my level of education (not 'dumbing down' the process). It was helpful attending the Rockville location so that he could personally oversee the majority of my treatment. Once I felt that he pushed a treatment (ICSY) that was more in the interest of his success rate than my personal wishes. But ultimately I respect and trust his expertise and ability to devise an individualized plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't hesitate to ask for updates and lots of information directly from the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
My nurses Emily and Lindsay were fantastic, personal, detailed and thorough. I felt Dr. Sagoskin provided a reasoned strategy and was open to adjustments along the way as necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
We spoke daily and she knew my history intimately. She was compassionate when a cycle was canceled and enthusiastic when we had success. She was willing to answer questions in a timely manner, even occasionally beyond office hours.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.

2019, 9 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Arthur Sagoskin is] a great doctor but I think very senior and close to retirement. He has an entire team operating for him like a well-oiled machine so naturally he is checked out. Levels of compassion in the clinic can increase - it will help the patients psyche!...I don't know how they selected which eggs were good for freezing but they told me the total and then how many were quality enough to put on ice...it was hard for me to produce eggs but they didn't tell me that I can still produce as many as 20 and its total crapshoot. They made me feel as if I was an expired old lady at 37 and that my chances were super slim. This 100% added to my anxiety on the first round.
Great technology, environment and flexibility in scheduling [at Shady Grove Fertility]. Cold, distant attitudes to patients. You will be instructed well but you need to follow up and check in - some of the nurses do not return calls or messages very quickly and need to be chased after. Doctors should also be more available to patients and not just be present 5% of the time...Though great medical and scientific answers - the clinic does treat you like a number and even worse, when they see you are upset, do not comfort you with real facts. For instance, it was hard for me to produce eggs but they didn't tell me that I can still produce as many as 20 and its total crapshoot. They made me feel as if I was an expired old lady at 37 and that my chances were super slim. This 100% added to my anxiety on the first round.
How was your experience with Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility?
He's a great doctor but I think very senior and close to retirement. He has an entire team operating for him like a well-oiled machine so naturally he is checked out. Levels of compassion in the clinic can increase - it will help the patients psyche!
Great at informing, you feel like you're in quality hands but don't expect too much compassion (when you are the most vulnerable).
Describe the protocols Arthur Sagoskin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
A lot of preparation with videos on the procedure (feels like a bit of med school). Lots of instructional conversations with the nurses, ordering of medicine, scheduling of appointments, injecting yourself (day-to-day) and final trigger shot. You really give up 2 weeks of your life feeling as if you're 2 months pregnant - bloated, emotional and sensitive. Then it's over and takes about 1 month to feel normal again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
Aside from one (very nice British lady in the facility named Tina) - they were all very cold and treated you like a number. This is my primary complaint to the center - not so much because I'm a sensitive person but because I firmly believe that the attitude affects the psyche of patients and freaks them out which could result in poorer results.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Great technology, environment and flexibility in scheduling. Cold, distant attitudes to patients. You will be instructed well but you need to follow up and check in - some of the nurses do not return calls or messages very quickly and need to be chased after. Doctors should also be more available to patients and not just be present 5% of the time.
Regular procedure - day after day until eggs are ready to be retrieved
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arthur Sagoskin at Shady Grove Fertility.
$20k for the first retrieval (meds + procedure) and $15k for second time retrieval.
Describe Arthur Sagoskin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I wasn't notified that I would need to come from NY to MD to be monitored on my 2nd cycle until 20 hours prior and it really stressed me out. I found it unprofessional of the nurse but she tried to find me buses to get me down there and compensate to go above and beyond.