Arthur Shapiro

FellowshipSheba Hospital
Miami
1400 NW 12th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arthur Shapiro to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Arthur Shapiro] is perhaps managing way too many patients...seems interested in helping women and couples have a baby, but seems overworked. There is no way he can know anyone on a personal level due to his schedule...he is often delayed or late due to meetings...Much of the time spend in his office was his reviewing of my charts, results, ordering new labs, and his asking questions about my cycle. At times he had other nurses or phone calls interrupt our visit. While he seemed like a nice guy, I did ultimately feel like we did too many repeated labs before really getting to the bottom of our fertility issues.
1 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Arthur Shapiro at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
He is perhaps managing way too many patients. He is an older gentleman, seems interested in helping women and couples have a baby, but seems overworked. There is no way he can know anyone on a personal level due to his schedule.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arthur Shapiro at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Be patient, he is often delayed or late due to meetings.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arthur Shapiro at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Much of the time spend in his office was his reviewing of my charts, results, ordering new labs, and his asking questions about my cycle. At times he had other nurses or phone calls interrupt our visit. While he seemed like a nice guy, I did ultimately feel like we did too many repeated labs before really getting to the bottom of our fertility issues. I do feel like I lost time based on how the UM fertility clinic is operated.
They only leave instructions via voicemail. I got a very important msg late and gave myself the wrong dose of a medication due to this.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
It feels like you are in a factory setting. You are just a number and will be waiting a long time to see a doctor. I thought a teaching hospital would be more research based and on the forefront of the latest technology; however, I found other private clinics to be way more advanced and modern.
What specific things went wrong at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Arthur Shapiro