Nurse available by email
630-305-7576
18210 South La Grange Road
Tinley Park, IL 60487
708-633-1999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Asima Ahmad to a friend?
7.2

4.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Centers of Illinois to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Other
Rushed out of all consults. Didn't go over anything in detail. Laughed at my questions. Didn't take time to hear me out about what's been going on with my body. ... After several rounds of nothing working, she [Dr. Ahmad] ended up telling me that she was out of options for me. ... My amazing nurse, Shanon, actually came up with my protocol ... I would also like to feel more secure in her drive to get me pregnant...I'm not sure how motivated she is.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
After several rounds of nothing working, she ended up telling me that she was out of options for me. My amazing nurse, Shanon, actually came up with my protocol and it worked! Dr. Ahmad is very sweet and seems very caring, but when it came time for me to ask my questions, I think she responded poorly many times...not always, but often she would laugh or just give a quick answer that made it seem like what I brought up wasn't really a valid point. I would also like to feel more secure in her drive to get me pregnant...I'm not sure how motivated she is. I would also like to see statistics specific to someone with my conditions and she work with such patients as far as what I might expect and what results I may see.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be sure to do your research and push to get your questions answered relevantly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Describe the protocols Asima Ahmad used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I tried Gonal-F shots for 2 rounds, but my follicles never grew. Then I did 5 days of Femara and 2-3 days of Menopur (150iu) and was able to get my follicles to grow. I did that 3 times for IUI, but they all failed. Now I'm on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Shanon Shroeder)
Shanon was amazing, sadly I just found out that she left FCI. :( She came up with my protocol and would always help me out trying to find meds b/c she knew I was 100% self pay. I'm unsure who is going to come in now, and FCI never gave us a heads up as to her leaving, so I'm pretty scared about who's going to come in.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
No compassion at the front desk. Overall the office seems very cold. Dr. Ahmad wasn't super compassionate either. Shanon is amazing to work with. I did feel like a number there. Most of my ultrasounds were done by Cathy. She is very sweet and kind. She always had suckers there for my daughter. Blood draw staff were nice and didn't hurt when poking. I can't remember the name of the girl who did my IUI's but she was very nice as well.
Tinley Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

Dr. Ahmad has the best bedside manner. She was very thorough in explaining all of the testing, options, and treatment plans. She made it feel like the planning was a collaborative effort and was always realistic with our expectations. She never made us feel like "just a number" and always stated she was our biggest cheerleader. She made us feel like she truly cared in helping us start our family.
How was your experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Ahmad was amazing to work with! She was caring, compassionate and truly made us feel like she was there to help us meet our end goal of starting a family. She was very thorough in explaining all testing, treatment options and her best recommendations. She took the time to listen to our concerns and was always more than willing to answer ALL of my (many) questions. She is personable and never once made us feel like we were just another patient or "number". She was a cheerleader for us throughout this process. I would 100% recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone who is going through infertility- you are in good hands.
Work with her- she is one of the best!
We did two IUI's one using Clomid the Second using Letrozle- both were unsuccessful. We did 1 egg retrieval which brought us 5 embryos and 1 successful fresh transfer- current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was extremely caring- was amazing at follow up. She made us feel like she truly cared and was there for us. Always there to answer any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Very organized and personal. When I called in to schedule an appointment they knew who I was before I even stated my name. The front desk staff would address me by name and would always ask how my treatment plan is progressing. Kathy who does the Sonograms was amazing- she always answered all of my questions and really took her time. Our Nurse Michelle and Ahmad were great!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Very efficient, well-oiled machine. Typically always on time and you were in and out in no time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Organized- we worked with an IVF and Insurance Coordinator
Tinley Park

Dr. Ahmad is a caring doctor who takes the time to listen to your concerns and make you understand the whole process...Dr. Ahmad listened to us and told us how many iuis we should try before moving on, we did letrazole with our iuis. For ivf we did menapur, gonal f and ganareliz. She chose this as I had good egg reserves I am going and have had a natural pregnancy before. I did have good egg Production...She recommends single embryo as the risk of multiples can be a high risk pregnancy...Dr. Ahmad took the time to explain everything in a way we could understand. She gave us her real opinion on our outcome.
How was your experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Ahmad is a caring doctor who takes the time to listen to your concerns and make you understand the whole process. She is honest to how the treatment goes so you know what to expect. She also made us feel like we could relate to her as she informed us about her fertility issues,which made her more human.
Bring all your questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Sahar)
Sahar made you comfortable and explained things very well. She was easy to communicate with and always got ahold of me
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This is an excellent place down to the receptionist and lab people. They are all so sweet and kind I cant imagine going anywhere else. They always have smiles on their faces and are willing to answer any questions you have.
I had a financial person keep in touch with me
Describe Asima Ahmad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

2 IUI, IVF
I hardly ever saw her [Dr. Asima Ahmad] so I am not sure if she actually knows our infertility problems beyond the initial testing and the fact that our IUIs didn't work. I suspect I might have PCOS but she never looked much into it...IUIs using Femera. Currently using Lupron, Menopur, and Follistim for IVF. I have never received a reasoning why she chose these protocols...I just don't feel like I saw her enough to actually know. I usually talk to my nurse.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I hardly ever saw her so I am not sure if she actually knows our infertility problems beyond the initial testing and the fact that our IUIs didn't work. I suspect I might have PCOS but she never looked much into it.
Become friends with your nurse. Our nurse has been super helpful when it comes to questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Sahar Kohistani)
She is great about answering questions and addressing concerns that I have. She is pretty easy to reach when I need it and makes sure to explain anything I don't understand.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I don't know if I feel like things are very personalized from patient to patient, but everyone is very nice to work with and helpful when we need it. I think they need better communication and explanations about things that will be happening and why.
IUIs were around $3000-$4000. IVF is about $15000 with about $8000 in medications.
She prefers to do one with us since we are young.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Warrenville

Dr. Ahmad cares about you as an individual and makes it very easy to talk with her. She become one of girlfriends.... Dr. Ahmad is interested in your story and if she can give us all babies she would. She upfront and would try her hardest with hope of making your dreams of motherhood come true. She keeps a warm smile on her face that is inviting and is needed for such a delicate situation....Be upfront and honest with her because she really wants to help.
How was your experience with Asima Ahmad at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be upfront and honest with her because she really wants to help.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The staff is compassionate and would always greet you with a smile. The office is very busy so do not expect to be seen at your scheduled appointment time. I have waited for 30minutes needing a blood draw and ultrasound.