August Olivar

West Hartford
2437 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
860-263-7501
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend August Olivar to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology to a friend?
Dr Olivar has always answered my questions, phone calls, concerns with compassion and empathy....I'm very introverted and nervous and sometimes when I am with the Dr, I forget or dont think of questions that come to me later, just call him back the next day and the office staff or even him will answer all your questions....I started my first 3 iui's using letrozole, I ovulated on all 3 and got pregnant with my third one, unfortunately I lost that pregnancy at 3 weeks. After that Dr. Olivar explained he would like to do letrozole treatments again since they had worked before.
How was your experience with August Olivar at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology?
I started seeing Dr. Olivar when I was 22, I had to stop for a few years due to financial reasons and came back when I was 25, and we started right where we left off. He has always treated my husband and I with empathy and compassion. He has done the 7 IUI's I have had and has answered every phone call I send him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of August Olivar at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with August Olivar at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols August Olivar used in your cycles at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I started my first 3 iui's using letrozole, I ovulated on all 3 and got pregnant with my third one, unfortunately I lost that pregnancy at 3 weeks. After that Dr. Olivar explained he would like to do letrozole treatments again since they had worked before. We did that 2 more times and then moved on to gonal-f. My first iui with gonal-f was a bit tricky because I created many large follicles and became hyperstimulated, we still were able to do the iui, but it was negative. This cycle he had me to take the gonal-f much slower and we were able to do the IUI.
This is a very small practice. There are only 3 staff including Dr. Olivar, and I find that to make this whole process much easier. Both the office administrator and lab technician(?) are kind, compassionate, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology.
One strength is how few staff they have, you know when you go in to the office who you will see that day. And I am always able to see and talk to my Dr. That strength may also be considered a weakness if you were to need a certain prescription sent in, you may have to call in twice to remind them as all the needs of the patients are on such few shoulders.
Describe the costs associated with your care under August Olivar at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology.
With my insurance each round of IUI was around 500-1000 dollars. An ultrasound is 250.
What specific things went wrong at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology?
August Olivar
Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
West Hartford

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with August Olivar at Hartford Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology.