Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)

Medical SchoolHadassah Hebrew U.
ResidencyGeorge Washington
FellowshipYale
300 Community Dr.
Manhasset, NY 11030
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Avner Hershlag to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) to a friend?
The second cycle the only thing he [Dr. Hershlag] did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little...He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me...I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol...He preferred eSET. The first FET was eSET because it was PGS/PGD normal and the second one we put in 2 embryos because 1 didn’t have enough data from the biopsy to be tested and we only had 2 left to transfer anyway. He didn’t want to do this but we insisted. Both FETs were failures and both had at least one PGS tested embryo transferred.
How was your experience with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Hershlag seems to have good intentions, however has way too many patients that he can’t remember what he’s doing with everyone. There were several times where I had to remind him what we were doing which was very frustrating. All he had to do was take a look at notes from our previous meeting to prepare himself but he doesn’t. I’m just a number to him. Only really saw him for my embryo transfers. He didn’t do one of my egg retrieval’s and a nurse practitioner did my IUI... never saw him throughout both stim cycles or IUI cycle. I feel like my care was just basic protocol and not geared to me individually. The place is a factory.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Make sure you go into a meeting with him with written down specific questions and take notes of exactly what he says. Don’t let him rush you into a decision. Ask follow up questions. You have to be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
The clinic is like a factory. I have barely seen my actual doctor less than half the time I’m there. Dr. Hershlag never reviewed my file prior to meeting with me and forgot everything we discussed and the plan of action we finalized moving forward. The nurses were the only ones who knew everything and treated us like humans.
Describe the protocols Avner Hershlag used in your cycles at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I don’t believe there was a specific strategy... my two egg retrieval’s were basic protocol. The second cycle the only thing he did differently was stim me for a day longer and lowered my Menopur a little. First cycle we got only 1, 7day old embryo and second cycle 3, 6-7 day old embryos. We had a total of 22 eggs retrieved, both cycles combined. The first egg retrieval I was triggered with only 1,000 units of hcg which is why I think I barely had any mature eggs (4, from 12). The second cycle I was triggered with 10,000 units of hcg and had 6 out of 10 mature eggs. He was on vacation throughout my first cycle and I have no idea who was in charge of stimming and triggering me. Also first egg retrieval was done by a dr I’ve never met from the other clinic location.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Nurses are very sweet and caring. Sometimes it’s difficult to get in touch with the nurse or clinic for that matter when you have an important question. I felt like my nurse was my dr and that I barely had a doctor. She did make one major mistake by sending the wrong requisition form to the PGS lab. This was resolved but created a 2 week setback for my first embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The place is a factory and if you want very individualized personal care your not going to get it here. I’m not sure about the other doctors in this office but with my doctor you just simply didn’t get it. You will be many of the other doctors during your time here and some are better than others. There are times when the nurses and doctors expect you to know what they’re doing and they don’t explain anything. You need to stop them and ask questions. You have to keep on track of the treatment plan as often times the nurses and doctors will ask you... “what are we doing again”. Very reassuring when your paying $17,000 out of pocket for treatment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
It was a factory... come on in between 7-8 am for blood and sono. Some days you would get in and out fast, others you would wait an hour. It’s hit or miss.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Avner Hershlag at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Our first ivf cycle was a PGS/PGD cycle that cost us $17,000. Meds are not included and that cost us about $4,000 (which we paid twice because we did two egg retrieval’s). The second egg retrieval was $10,000 because we had some credit from the first cycle. Our lab testing for 4 embryos (PGS/PGD) was $4,600 (coopergenomics). The first FET was included in the price and second FET was $4,000. Anesthesia for each egg retrieval was $500 each time.
Describe Avner Hershlag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Manhasset
Dr. Hershlag made it knows that he prefers a single embryo transfer but before transfer he asked if we want single or multiple embryo transfer... always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him... He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times.
Dr. Hershlag is a good doctor, no doubt. I feel confident to be under his care and believe in him. He makes me feel like I am his only patient, although it’s not always the case. Some visits he will ask a question that makes me feel like he doesn’t remember anything about me and the protocol he put me on. I do however understand that it is a very busy clinic and he can’t remember every detail about everyone unless he checks the chart. I wish he does check it before seeing me so that I don’t feel so confused at times. When my transfers did not work, he changed protocols each time which made me feel like he is proactive and is trying to achieve my pregnancy. After 2 failed transfers we asked for additional tests so we don’t go to the last embryo transfer blindly but he didn’t seem like he was eager to do it at all. I did not like that. Overall, he is a great doctor and I trust him I just wish the clinic wasn’t that busy so he could spend more time thinking of tests and other protocols that could change the outcome. In the end, I trust him and hope to be successful with him.
Ask questions and do your research. If you don’t understand something ask again. If you feel brushed off ask again. You are doing a major work so any answer that doesn’t explain anything needs to be asked again until you feel comfortable.
Dr. Hershlag always gives you a hug when he sees you and makes you feel that your success is very important to him.
For my IUI, it was Clomid thy was used. For my IVF cycle, it was Gonal F.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jackie Nolan)
Jackie is a great nurse but she is always busy and running around his sometimes she seems to care about you and sometimes she doesn’t. However, every time I need an answer on something I would email her and she would always answer or call back. I never had to wait for more than an hour for her response. She is great at that.
The staff is great and they are super nice to you. They remember you by name and always eager to help. However, it’s a very busy clinic so sometimes you are waiting for more than an hour. I think they are doing their best but it’s just impossible sometimes.
It was great if it wasn’t too busy otherwise you would have to wait a bit. I always made it to work on time though. No complains
My insurance only covered diognostics and IUI, IVf and medication is out of pocket. $17K for cycle, $9K for medication so far, 1st transfer included, 5K per transfer after that, $300 per embryo for PGS.
Manhasset
Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information....Dr. Hershlag was not present for a large majority of our process. During the initial consult he did not take the time to thouroughly explain IUI or other options we could look into. We had recently experienced a miscarriage and I felt this was not investigated enough. After testing my sperm and simply telling us they were an “A plus” he looked to set us up on the IVF schedule. He did not perform any of the sonograms or even the egg retrieval, or even once bother to schedule an appointment to check in.
Please don’t expect to communicate or see him for almost all or most of the process.
Through the course of our IVF treatment, we only met with Dr. Hershlag twice over a period of 5 months. Often it was a struggle to receive timely and accurate information. The office staff, nurses and doctors are extremely difficult to get on the phone. We experienced wait times of twenty minutes certain days. Furthermore, the nurses did not accurately and efficiently communicate our medication needs to the pharmacy, which cost us additional expenses. There is not enough staff to deal with the volume of patients.
I was sent to a urologist to check my prostatitis, given antiobiotics to treat a minor infection, and not checked before sperm donation again to make sure the infection was gone. We were instructed to use follistim, estradiol, progesterone in oil, and HGC shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
The nursing staff constantly seemed rushed and overworked. We repeatedly had to explain recent medications taken, problems with orders and other issues over and over, due to a lack of continuity.
Terrible communication. No one mentioned the office would be closed for Martin Luther King day, which happened to be a key date for instructions in our process! After investigating this in person I was told someone should have picked up the phone and called you back. No one did. Expect to wait up to two hours if you have a Monday afternoon appointment. Please review all billing carefully.
It was a packed office and a cattle call. In one instance I had to ask a nurse to pull my wife’s chart so they could draw her blood.
PGS testing 300 testing per embryo. They would never give us the exact cost of a cycle. Insurance did cover a decent portion.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
He's [Dr. Hershlag] kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there....He likes to give hugs to all his patients...Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
He's kind, compassionate and knows what he's doing. We didn't get off to the best start, but he grew on us. We waited almost 2 hours our first time and he didn't even apologize. I was also in denial about my infertility. Once I started my first cycle I felt more like I belonged there.
Stick with it, it might not work the first couple of times. He grew on me.
He likes to give hugs to all his patients
Cycle 1 was birth control protocol with 300 follostim and 150 menopur, garinelix and hcg trigger. 11 egg retrieved all mature, 7 fertilized, 6 blasts, 1 pgs tested normal embryo. Cycle 2 was microdose lupron and the above meds. Estrogen was high so stopped lupron. 13 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, 4 blasts and 2 pgs tested normal embryos. 2 FET's with PIO IM shots, doxy, medrol and estrace. No pregnancy so far. I'm 43 . ***PS- I'm in the Warriors Facebook group, not sure where I'm supposed to put that in this survey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny Cutolo)
My nurse was on top of everything and always got back to me when I left a message. I always felt better after talking to her. All the nurses there are great.
Calling the main number is annoying, but once your assigned a nurse you get a direct number. I also have the financial adviser and patient liaison for my doctor on speed dial. Everyone is super friendly. Once you start cycling you get to meet everyone
Those were the easiest appointment to schedule. Usually no wait. They pretty much have that down in the morning.
my insurance had a 25k max which almost lasted 2 cycles
Since we did PGS he suggested 1 and we only wanted one at a time. First cycle we only had one anyway
Manhasset
I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him [Dr. Hershlag] not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic...When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse...Be prepared to be suffled around to various doctors during your office visits and make sure you are ok with taking the lead in your own treatment as he does not do much follow up with his patients, you will usually talk to other doctors/nurses to get the information that you need.
At first we really liked Dr Herslag however after our second failed transfer he never called to follow up with us or to discuss another plan. When we reached out we got the runaround and were told to speak with nurses who were not even his direct nurse. I feel that a doctor should take the time to follow up with his patients especially after experiencing a loss like we did, by him not reaching out it made us feel we were not important to him and had us looking for another clinic.
During my first round with Dr Herslag he seemed really attentive and concerned about our process however; during the second round I feel he did not take an active interest in our case and after our second failed cycle he never even called to follow up or discuss next steps with us. When we reached out to follow up we got the runaround which made us want to consider starting treatment at another clinic
At first we tried 6 cycles of IUI which failed and then we did a frozen transfer cycle which also didn’t take. Dr. Herslag recommended me for uterine surgery to open up a blocked tube and then did another transfer which was unsuccessful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Jenny )
Jenny was always willing to answer questions or provide information about my cycle however; there were some mistakes made in having me order medicine I never needed but on the other hand if I ran out of needed medication Jenny did try to help connect me to some extra meds if she had some available
The staff at the front desk was always helpful and the nurses in the surgery room were so caring however; it was kind of like a factory feel at times because you were never sure what doctor you were seeing and at times they misplaced my paperwork which was a little unsettling
All the lab fees were out of pocket and insurance only covered 70%
Manhasset
Dr. Hershlag has wonderful bedside manner. He answers all of your questions and tries to make you feel very comfortable. When I first started going to his office he did all of my examinations, not a technician...The day I received the news that my first cycle of IVF didn't work, I was expecting the phone call from one of the nurses, however it was a pleasant surprise to hear him on the other end of the line. He was very sympathetic and I was happy that he took the time to break the news to me. I also like the fact that he's honest and doesn't try to sugarcoat anything.
Dr. Hershlag has wonderful bedside manner. He answers all of your questions and tries to make you feel very comfortable. When I first started going to his office he did all of my examinations, not a technician. This was a nice change from my last RE. I have seen almost all of the doctors at this practice, and they are all wonderful. The day I received the news that my first cycle of IVF didn't work, I was expecting the phone call from one of the nurses, however it was a pleasant surprise to hear him on the other end of the line. He was very sympathetic and I was happy that he took the time to break the news to me. I also like the fact that he's honest and doesn't try to sugarcoat anything.
He has a crazy schedule, so you have to be flexible.
Dr.Hershlag takes the time to answer any questions and his gentle persona makes you feel very comfortable through stressful times.
I'll be honest, it was all so very overwhelming that I am not sure of the specifics. I trusted that he knew what to do because he was highly recommended, and I just did everything they told me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Cathy and Jenny)
The nursing staff is fantastic. They answered my numerous questions without hesitation. I had a few meltdowns during some visits and they were very compassionate and tried their best to help me get through them. They are very knowledgeable about medications and procedures, as they should be, however they explained it in a simple manner for me to understand. They really made a stressful and scary time a lot easier.
The clinics reception staff is outstanding. They are always personable and know you on a first name basis. They try to accommodate you any way they can. The one weakness here is the billing department. Latarsha is wonderful, however other people need to be trained better. I believe you shouldn't sit with a client and quote prices of procedures unless your 100% sure of what you're saying... This is a very stressful time, and false information only makes it that much harder.
Manhasset
Dr Hershlag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
Dr Herslag was very cold in his consultation appointments. He didn't seem very compassionate or understanding to me. This was the first fertility doctor I had ever gone to and I expected him to be more positive and sensitive in his approach. I also wasn't given detailed information as to the process of this whole thing. He passed me off to the nurses to give me instructions and even then I was left googling info on my own because this was so new to me and I didn't understand everything involved. I just felt like he never had time for me
He never runs on time and you can expect to wait up to an hour or more in the waiting room
It was extremely hard to get an appointment that worked with my work schedule. The office was very business like. No one knew your name at the front desk and I would wait anywhere from 1 to 2 hours in the waiting room for my appointment because the doctor was always running late. Dr Herslag did not give me all the information. He would pass me off onto a nurse to give me info. I felt like he was indifferent and cold
We never got that far for real treatments. I saw him about 4 times maybe 5. I did genetic testing blood work with them and the lab list my records after weeks of me calling to find out the results. They even had to take more blood to finish some of the genetic testings. And the lab they sent the blood work to billed my via email and I didn't know it wasn't covered as part of the office visit copay. He also sent me to the hospital to do that test to make sure the Fallopian tubes were clear. And I went to an outside lab for a 3 hour glucose blood work test. After all these testings he wanted to start immediately with IVF but I wanted to try IUI first. He said fine but he won't do more than 2 or 3 IUI treatments. I just didn't feel comfortable at all with him.
It was odd. The nursing staff always seemed busy and running around. They would give me printed paperwork with information rather than sit down and talk to me
Scheduling appointments were terrible. They were never accommodating to your schedule and it didn't matter what appointment time you got you were always waiting a long time before going in. Twice their credit card machine was down and payments wouldn't go through so instead of billing you, they wanted you to call their financial department to arrange payments. It really seemed like every department worked separately
I pretty much had the insurance copay only. I never did an IUI or IVF treatment with dr Herslag's office but it would have been out of pocket expense for me because insurance wasn't covering it
Mineola
2010
...warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns...My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push.
2010
Again, I had some personal connection to Dr. Hershag since he was a friend of a friend, but I found him to be excellent; extremely compassionate and caring, and like someone who truly loves what he does. When I had trouble finding a doctor in NYC to do certain testing on my husband due to his varicocele, he was extremely helpful and recommended some others. I did have one appointment with one other doctor when Dr. Hershlag was on vacation, and he was also very nice. My husband was reluctant to do a varicocele procedure, and Dr. Hershlag was very supportive of this and did not push. We did one round of clomid which did not result in ovulation, and so they adjusted the clomid and on the second round I did ovulate and we did an IUI which was successful. Dr. Hershlag monitored me for the next 6 weeks or so, and during that time I called the office several times with crazy nervous questions and they were always extremely kind and helpful. Another plus for me was that I did not feel he pushed unnecessary procedures on me just to make money, which I have found with other doctors.
Nothing- I really had a wonderful experience.
I did know Dr. Hershlag through friends of my parents, so I'm not sure whether my experience was representative, but I always found him to be warm, knowledgeable, and interested in my questions and concerns. Although to a certain extent I felt like a number in his office because there were so many people coming in and out of the office, I got the sense that this is how it is in all clinics.
First he did testing on both partners. As my issue was lack of ovulation, we decided to tackle that first and we started on clomid. After first round did not work, he increased dosage and I did ovulate the second round. I came in every day around that time to see whether I had ovulated, and I got two shots (profesterone?) to make me ovulate. I also did IUI on three successive days. When I came in two weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test. I then needed to come back once a week until a heartbeat was detected (around six weeks).
I honestly can't remember. I remember them being very nice.
I paid a copay each time but otherwise was completely covered by insurance.
Embryo Freezing
None, Other
I think he [Dr. Hershlag] explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional...egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables...He as very informative, kind and compassionate. He took his time to explain the process, procedure, historical outcomes, etc. I was very pleased with his assessment and my 'gut' felt it was right...feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field.
Embryo Freezing
None, Other
I felt at ease at his office and with his staff of nurses. I feel as though (still on going) that I am in good hands and with a seasoned professional in the field. I am an intuitive person and go strongly by my gut feelings as there are many things in life, the prospects of motherhood as one, that i can not control, but put my faith in those who dedicate their lives to this work, Dr. Hershlag being one of them
I think he explains it all and is a caring and understanding professional. There is little advice i can give someone as I am in this myself.
egg retrieval is the process i am undergoing. I was given the standard medication injectables. That is all really.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: nurse jackie)
she was available; returned calls, answered all my silly and repetitive questions. She walked me through the medication protocal and was on top of everything.
I have a extensive medical history at NSLIJ Northwell health. I had uterine fibroids removed a few years ago and now i am undergoing egg freezing. I am a returning patient as i feel that i had been well taken care of at this hospital and feel that the doctors i have encountered there are experts in their field.
out of pocket for 9K. Meds were covered by insurance.
nope applicable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Hershlag] made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to..He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense...They were amzing! Very personalized and would spend time explaining everything. I absolutely adore him and his staff....4 vials is menapur 300 of follastim Menapur Cetratide All used to generate eggs. Cetratide used to delay ovulation...
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He made me feel so happy and was such a pleasure to talk to. I feel that I wasted my time at the other practice I went to after meeting him. He’s compassionate which is so rare. He’s knowledgeable and explains everything in a way that makes sense.
Don’t bother going to any other clinics.
Nurse practitioner - Dorene- is amazing. Lauren - another doctors nurse that sometimes covered for Hershlag’s nurse was amazing and so understanding Jenny - Hershlag’s nurse- nice but I felt like I was bothering her sometimes. Didn’t feel that way with anyone else in the practice.
Well organized and friendly staff. I have not recognized any weaknesses yet. For blood work and sono you do not need an appointment. You just go in between 7-9. Waiting times weren’t bad at all. I was always in and out in 20 mins at most.
Easy to do. Quick, no wait, orderly.
Pay upfront for all copays and services. No payment plan.
Manhasset
Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he diminished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.... We have done 6 IUIs. First was 100mg clomid and trigger (chemical) next two were 150mg clomid and ovidrel. I expressed a *maybe* concern with my luteal phase and he added crinone for the next 3. One more round of clomid/ovidrel/crinone. Switched to femara 2x a day with trigger and crinone for 2 rounds which resulted in chemicals. I am not sure why the amounts or medicines were decided on, he mentioned PCOS a few times and if i said "oh is that what youve diagnosed me with" he always said no.
Dr. Hershlag was candid about how he felt about my weight. We feel that he dinished the possible male factor infertility possibility. Multiple blood tests were done when i first became a patient, but during treatment, no further tests to find the cause of infertility were performed.
I guess be more proactive in advocating for yourself
At times he seemed caring and interested, while others it was just lets get this done. Our expressed concern with the lack of diagnoses seems to be ignored.
Front desk is very nice and accomodating. Billing is always willing to help. Office is clean
Iui out of pocket is 350. Most regular visits are covered under my copay. Not sure about IVF/ICSI yet, but my insurance does not cover it.
4 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. Hershlag] will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!....Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgeable...I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it....
4 IUI, IVF
Caring, compassionate, thoughtful, knowledgable. The whole establishment knew what they were doing. I have twins to prove it (let me note that Dr. H was adamant about transferring one embryo.) My husband and I had been through the ringer at that point and this IVF cycle was our last. Mentally and physically my body could not handle it. BUT I pushed and Dr H obliged begrudgingly and said we would most certainly have twins and as long as I knew all the risks he would not transfer more than two embryos so don't even think about it.... Three weeks later an ultra sound confirmed two sacks were there. Every single person I meet that is in this situation gets referred to him. Honestly, he is just the best at what he does.
He will exhaust every possible option to get you pregnant!
Like I was the only patient he had.
2013
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgeable and explained every step throughout the process...He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated
2013
He was very thorough and explained everything throughout the process.
Be prepared to wait a long time in the waiting room. He's great so it's worth it.
Dr Hershlag is very knowledgable and explained every step throughout the process. He also thoroughly answered any questions that we had. He ended every session with a hug which I appreciated. However, the wait times in his office are unbearable! It is typical to have to wait over an hour for an appointment even if you are the first appointment of the day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Carol)
She was so sweet and funny. I know some other patients at the clinic and everyone raves about how great she is.