Wayne State University

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Ibadan
ResidencyMaimonides Med Ctr
26400 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
313-745-4525
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Awoniyi Awonuga to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wayne State University to a friend?
I had seen a different doctor in the practice when i had my ivf but i got sick and ended up seeing Dr. Awanuga during the time as well...I started seeing Dr. Awanuga and the second i walked in (3 years later) he knew exactly who I was from what had happened to me....the caring and compassion and knowledge about everything and me was great. and really helped calm my nerves. he explains everything and puts up with my crazy questions and neurosis
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
see my previous message about him. the caring and compassion and knowledge about everything and me was great. and really helped calm my nerves. he explains everything and puts up with my crazy questions and neurosis
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
listen to what he has to say. he knows what hes talking about. and has plenty of experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
I had seen a different doctor in the practice when i had my ivf but i got sick and ended up seeing Dr. Awanuga during the time as well because my doctor was out of town. When i started again, my other doctor was no longer in the practice so I started seeing Dr. Awanuga and the second i walked in (3 years later) he knew exactly who I was from what had happened to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wayne State University. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
they were phenomenal. i would call with everything because it was such an unknown and scary time i was going through, esp when getting sick but they were always there for me with advice and their calming nature.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
everything about the clinic seemed good to me. i had never been to another one but its definitely scary going in and they know how to talk and treat everyone going through this. their on call service is also great. i once called at 4 am and the doctor called me right away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University.
it was all based on insurance. anything done up to an official diagnosis of ivf was covered by insurance with co-pay. once i started the treatments my insurance did not cover but payment plans were set in place and eventually we were able to pay in full
2012 - 2013
I was nervous at 1st and the procedure was stopped and Dr. Awonuga went into full detail of all the steps. When I started on the medication, I felt very ill. I was reassured that the symptoms will pass. The symptoms did pass after a few days. Each round of IUI that didn't end with a pregnancy was sad but I felt the encouragement kept me uplifted.... I would take clomid. Then go in for an ultrasound to watch the egg progression. I would take a booster shot for 5 days leading up to ovulation. When eggs were ready, my husband went in the morning to give a sample. I would go into the office about late afternoon and have an IUI. During the IUI, the nurse would show me the sample ID. She would do the IUI and set a timer. When the timer was done, I would leave.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
My experience as a patient was great. I felt comforted and everything explained well with the course of treatment. I was nervous at 1st and the procedure was stopped and Dr. Awonuga went into full detail of all the steps. When I started on the medication, I felt very ill. I was reassured that the symptoms will pass. The symptoms did pass after a few days. Each round of IUI that didn't end with a pregnancy was sad but I felt the encouragement kept me uplifted.
Make sure to ask all the questions to get your comfort feeling before starting procedures.
I felt that the visits were very private. A lot of details and advice were given. Good support from the staff.
Describe the protocols Awoniyi Awonuga used in your cycles at Wayne State University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
The clinic was very clean. The only thing that I was uncertain about was the procedure for ultrasound. They had 3 rooms that let into the ultrasound room. When you heard the knock it was your turn. Then you would change and be done. The waiting room was very spacious and clean. I remember the set-up being nicely spaced out for the blood draws, to ultrasounds to patient rooms.