Not available by email
ResidencyMaimonides Med Ctr
26400 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
313-745-4525
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Awoniyi Awonuga to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 60%Don't recommend: 40%8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wayne State University to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
He [Dr. Awoniyi Awonuga] gave me the wrong dosage by mistake for one of my injections for the iui and I don’t feel like he reviews all of the data carefully enough. For example most recently my husband was tested for his sperm quality...one of his medical students looked up the results really quick since those had not been reviewed yet and just listed off the results. They weren’t great numbers and the dr just said iui will be fine since she was pregnant with his sperm once before. But he didn’t compare his numbers to what they were when we did this 3 years ago and he said he wasn’t concerned.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
He is very knowledgeable on infertility but felt like he rushed a lot and didn’t always listen. He gave me the wrong dosage by mistake for one of my injections for the iui and I don’t feel like he reviews all of the data carefully enough. For example most recently my husband was tested for his sperm quality. When I went in for my sis test one of his medical students looked up the results really quick since those had not been reviewed yet and just listed off the results. They weren’t great numbers and the dr just said iui will be fine since she was pregnant with his sperm once before. But he didn’t compare his numbers to what they were when we did this 3 years ago and he said he wasn’t concerned. I feel like he should take closer look and review the results. He was too worried about moving onto my test for further discussion. Than at the end of my test he acted like we never had that said conversation about my husbands sperm results and said I need all of my blood work redone because it is out of date and my husband needs to come in to have his sperm evaluated because that is out of date. I had to remind him that we already did all that and that we went over some of the results 20 minutes ago.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
Ask him any and all questions and make sure you ask him to review everything.
Describe the protocols Awoniyi Awonuga used in your cycles at Wayne State University and their degree of success.
Was t really any strategy. The process was to call in on cycle day one to make an appointment for cycle day 3 ultrasound and blood work. He would review the results and have th nurse call me on Emmy dosage. Than once it was time for iui I was come in and the nurse would perform the iui. I would never talk or see him dying any of this. I can’t remember why he recommended doing iui but it ended up working when we worked with him back in 2015. It was out last iui attempt before we moved into ivf.
Some of the nurses are wonderful and very kind and friendly. Very helpful and willing to answer all the questions that come with the intense process. Some of the nurses though were not very friendly and were rude.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
The clinic is not great with time management. I’ve had to wait 2 hours past my appointment time a few times. The average wait time 45 minutes. I’ve had long waits even for when I had an iui scheduled. They didn’t have anyone available to do the iui
What specific things went wrong at Wayne State University?
Southfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University.

I had seen a different doctor in the practice when i had my ivf but i got sick and ended up seeing Dr. Awanuga during the time as well...I started seeing Dr. Awanuga and the second i walked in (3 years later) he knew exactly who I was from what had happened to me....the caring and compassion and knowledge about everything and me was great. and really helped calm my nerves. he explains everything and puts up with my crazy questions and neurosis
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
see my previous message about him. the caring and compassion and knowledge about everything and me was great. and really helped calm my nerves. he explains everything and puts up with my crazy questions and neurosis
listen to what he has to say. he knows what hes talking about. and has plenty of experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
I had seen a different doctor in the practice when i had my ivf but i got sick and ended up seeing Dr. Awanuga during the time as well because my doctor was out of town. When i started again, my other doctor was no longer in the practice so I started seeing Dr. Awanuga and the second i walked in (3 years later) he knew exactly who I was from what had happened to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wayne State University. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
they were phenomenal. i would call with everything because it was such an unknown and scary time i was going through, esp when getting sick but they were always there for me with advice and their calming nature.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
everything about the clinic seemed good to me. i had never been to another one but its definitely scary going in and they know how to talk and treat everyone going through this. their on call service is also great. i once called at 4 am and the doctor called me right away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University.
it was all based on insurance. anything done up to an official diagnosis of ivf was covered by insurance with co-pay. once i started the treatments my insurance did not cover but payment plans were set in place and eventually we were able to pay in full

2012 - 2013
I was nervous at 1st and the procedure was stopped and Dr. Awonuga went into full detail of all the steps. When I started on the medication, I felt very ill. I was reassured that the symptoms will pass. The symptoms did pass after a few days. Each round of IUI that didn't end with a pregnancy was sad but I felt the encouragement kept me uplifted.... I would take clomid. Then go in for an ultrasound to watch the egg progression. I would take a booster shot for 5 days leading up to ovulation. When eggs were ready, my husband went in the morning to give a sample. I would go into the office about late afternoon and have an IUI. During the IUI, the nurse would show me the sample ID. She would do the IUI and set a timer. When the timer was done, I would leave.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Awoniyi Awonuga at Wayne State University?
My experience as a patient was great. I felt comforted and everything explained well with the course of treatment. I was nervous at 1st and the procedure was stopped and Dr. Awonuga went into full detail of all the steps. When I started on the medication, I felt very ill. I was reassured that the symptoms will pass. The symptoms did pass after a few days. Each round of IUI that didn't end with a pregnancy was sad but I felt the encouragement kept me uplifted.
Make sure to ask all the questions to get your comfort feeling before starting procedures.
I felt that the visits were very private. A lot of details and advice were given. Good support from the staff.
Describe your experience with Wayne State University.
The clinic was very clean. The only thing that I was uncertain about was the procedure for ultrasound. They had 3 rooms that let into the ultrasound room. When you heard the knock it was your turn. Then you would change and be done. The waiting room was very spacious and clean. I remember the set-up being nicely spaced out for the blood draws, to ultrasounds to patient rooms.