Aykut Bayrak

Pasadena, CA 91105
626-744-3288

1 patient review filtered by:

2017, Unknown Success
The Dr. [Dr. Aykut Bayrak] Was generally kind and respectful and professional. I did not feel pressured or hounded by him and he answered questions by email regularly.... The first follicle exam he did was really quick, I did feel a bit rushed afterwards trying to wrap my head around what he was saying. I didn't understand how one bad ovary would lead to a 2% chance instead of a 50% chance but I was whisked out the door before I could get a better explanation. I tried to go back to ask him but he was already on a long conference call and the staff encouraged me to email him. I do still think he's a good dr, but he's so busy that I recommend you make sure you get all your questions answered before you leave!
I expected they [LA IVF] would call me with my test results (DHs semen analysis, my genetic blood work, etc) but I had to call them. That was frustrating to be honest. They kept wanting to meet with me to go over the results but every meeting is $350 out of pocket! No thanks, just tell me on the phone or email. They would if I asked but I had to ask.... One strength is that the clinic feels intimate and private. They cover up your name on the clipboard and are careful to close the reception window when making calls. I think they take patient confidentially seriously.
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
The Dr seems very knowledgable - he has a wall of degrees and lots of positive reviews online, which is why I decided to check him out. He's been specializing in this case for 10+ years and he knows what to expect. Is services are expensive (no surprise there) but I suppose they're relatively reasonable. The first follicle exam he did was really quick, I did feel a bit rushed afterwards trying to wrap my head around what he was saying. I didn't understand how one bad ovary would lead to a 2% chance instead of a 50% chance but I was whisked out the door before I could get a better explanation. I tried to go back to ask him but he was already on a long conference call and the staff encouraged me to email him. I do still think he's a good dr, but he's so busy that I recommend you make sure you get all your questions answered before you leave!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
Write down a list of questions so you don't get nervous and forget them! He will answer them but sometimes you need to ask directly instead of wait for him to volunteer extra information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
The Dr. Was generally kind and respectful and professional. I did not feel pressured or hounded by him and he answered questions by email regularly. Some of the office staff were really friendly, though they also seemed busy too.
Describe the protocols Aykut Bayrak used in your cycles at LA IVF and their degree of success.
I'm still in treatment and have only started the first stage. I'm done a lot of tests - HPG to check if my Fallopian tubes are open, blood work and genetic testing targeted for my race (Jewish), follicle exam for my egg release, AMH levels, and sperm analysis for my partner. Next we are going to try IUI and then if we can get the money we'll go for IVF - fingers crossed I might win this grant and make our dreams come true!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at LA IVF.
They were mixed but generally helpful and professional. Some of the young ones were really nice and would hold my hand during tests or procedures. One older woman was rather the ruler of the roost and very no-nonsense (not a bad thing, just a different style.)
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF.
Oh jeez...well it's $350 per visit, it was another $300+ for the follicle exam, $180 for semen analysis....the list goes on...
Describe Aykut Bayrak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at LA IVF.
He mentioned there was no way he wanted to try for twins with me as it was too risky (I'm overweight.)
What specific things went wrong at LA IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at LA IVF.
I expected they would call me with my test results (DHs semen analysis, my genetic blood work, etc) but I had to call them. That was frustrating to be honest. They kept wanting to meet with me to go over the results but every meeting is $350 out of pocket! No thanks, just tell me on the phone or email. They would if I asked but I had to ask.
Aykut Bayrak