6.3

10 Congress Street
Pasadena, CA 91105
626-744-3288

2016 - 2020, Successful
First he [Dr. Bayrak] recommended rechecking my fallopian tubes, which were blocked. Then he checked my egg reserves, which were low. I did the egg retrieval but quantity was low. He recommended that I do another round, but I declined. Next he noticed there were polyps on the uterine lining, so I had surgery to remove them. Finally we were ready for the transfer. It was a success...recommended a single frozen egg transfer
My second coordinator [at LA IVF] I never ended up meeting due to the two offices I was working with, LA and Pasadena, but she was very attentive to all my needs over the phone or email. I had a few issues with my medications arriving on time, but she put my worries at ease by contacting my insurance and assuring me that I would have what I needed regardless of the timing problems...My biggest issue has been billing, and honestly it's not too bad, but getting your questions answered with billing has been difficult. Recently a new woman was hired to assist with billing and that made it a lot better. I hate medical billing at any place and unfortunately this clinic is no different
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
I went to Dr Bayrak with a determined expectation that he give me full explanations on the treatment and how high my chances really were, and he delivered. I had a lot of issues prior to going to him so I didn't want him to sugar coat my chances (he didn't), but at the same time he was warm and upbeat about the results. I was nervous most of the time during the whole process but he made me feel comfortable and assured we were doing everything possible for a positive outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
Be receptive to the advice, but also ask a lot of questions. Dr Bayrak is thorough and will take the time to explain the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
Dr Bayrak was engaging and answered all of my questions. I felt like he heard my concerns and was able to address them head on, and helped me understand the whole picture. The staff was also very friendly.
Describe the protocols Aykut Bayrak used in your cycles at LA IVF and their degree of success.
First he recommended rechecking my fallopian tubes, which were blocked. Then he checked my egg reserves, which were low. I did the egg retrieval but quantity was low. He recommended that I do another round, but I declined. Next he noticed there were polyps on the uterine lining, so I had surgery to remove them. Finally we were ready for the transfer. It was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
I've had two at Bayrak's office (one for each transfer) but the first one left after my first child was born - she was great. My second coordinator I never ended up meeting due to the two offices I was working with, LA and Pasadena, but she was very attentive to all my needs over the phone or email. I had a few issues with my medications arriving on time, but she put my worries at ease by contacting my insurance and assuring me that I would have what I needed regardless of the timing problems.
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
The strength is Dr Bayrak and his attentive method. There have been a few times where I reached out to him over email and he got back to me within a couple of hours. He's easy to reach and talk to about all things IVF. My biggest issue has been billing, and honestly it's not too bad, but getting your questions answered with billing has been difficult. Recently a new woman was hired to assist with billing and that made it a lot better. I hate medical billing at any place and unfortunately this clinic is no different. My advice is to understand each bill and if you have any questions just keep asking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF.
I had an initial deposit to pay since I had health insurance coverage, and if costs went over then they would bill additionally for those procedures.
Describe Aykut Bayrak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at LA IVF.
Dr Bayrak recommended a single frozen egg transfer, which I agreed. I had been reading about the procedure and he reaffirmed during our consult.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
When being treated by Dr. Bayrak you see him at every visit. ... He was a wonderful doctor and I learned so much about infertility and treatment options from him. He helped me tremendously to accept and understand what my body was doing and potential options as well as what future options may be. ... each retrieval my protocol was adjusted to try and get better results. ... He always took his time and had an amazing memory for each and every patient. ...
The one thing that I feel somewhat sad about is the cost. LA IVF is very expensive. ... It was a small office and you develop a relationship with your nurse. They care deeply about you and your success and are easily available. ... The convenience of them having multiple offices in the LA metro area is a plus and a minus. ... She [nurse] always took her time and made sure I was comfortable and had all my questions answered. She would ever remind me of things if I forgot to ask the doctor.
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
He was a wonderful doctor and I learned so much about infertility and treatment options from him. He helped me tremendously to accept and understand what my body was doing and potential options as well as what future options may be. He always took his time and had an amazing memory for each and every patient.
Because he is a single doctor and has multiple offices he puts patients on his schedule using BC pills. I wonder sometimes if this had any effect on the poor results of my egg retrieval’s but you never know.
When being treated by Dr. Bayrak you see him at every visit. It was a small office and you develop a relationship with your nurse. They care deeply about you and your success and are easily available.
Honestly my treatment with him was too long ago to remember the specifics but each retrieval my protocol was adjusted to try and get better results. Unfortunately I never responded to anything the way they expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF. (Assigned nurse: Shari (dont remember her last name))
She was wonderful. We got to know one and other quite well. She was so sweet and supportive and very thorough. She always took her time and made sure I was comfortable and had all my questions answered. She would ever remind me of things if I forgot to ask the doctor. Which happened sometimes.
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
The one thing that I feel somewhat sad about is the cost. LA IVF is very expensive. But most in the area are in the same price range from what I recall. The convenience of them having multiple offices in the LA metro area is a plus and a minus. It makes it more convenient for more people, but it also sometimes meant having to go very far out of the way to get to the location where the procedures happen.
$65000.00
Of the 8 eggs that I had from my retrieval’s. Only one was genetically normal. So when we went to actually conceive with another egg retrieval and IVF we got 2 more eggs that were untested fortunately all 3 fertilized and made it to day 3 and his recommended because the quality of 2 was poor and 1 was fair was to transfer. All. We were not successful. But did all we could with what we had.

2013 - 2015, Successful
From our initial consultation and throughout our treatment appointments, I felt Dr Bayrak and his staff [at LA IVF] were caring and supportive. The Pasadena office was small and felt friendly. I preferred it over the LA office (note: all retrievals are done at the LA office)...I had a really good experience with one of the nurses at the Pasadena office- she wasn't assigned to my case and wasn't always in during my treatments, but she made the experience much better as a consistent friendly face. She was one of the people I was genuinely excited to share our good news and progress with even after we successfully graduated. Overall I think the good outweighed the bad, and with IF being such a difficult journey, we were glad to use LA IVF and have success with our FET.
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
I felt Dr Bayrak was trustworthy and knowledgeable. I personally researched a lot before our consultation and I asked a lot of questions along the way. It was very important to me to understand why and what to expect for each treatment or upcoming appointment. I feel his is compassionate and cares about his job, but not overly so. I understand how others may feel like you're just a dollar sign, but I did feel like the care was sensitive and personal to make this difficult process less difficult. One thing I really appreciated was Dr Bayrak responding to emails when I had concerns or questions I forgot to ask in an appointment. His replies were punctual, easy to understand and specific. Not every communication was perfect and a few times I wanted to talk to him but had to speak to another on his staff (that did not understand my question well enough to be the right person to answer it).
I would suggest doing research on your diagnosis and treatment options a day be prepared to ask questions about why a particular protocol is suggested. Our first cycle was very unsuccessful and took us all by surprise. As upsetting as it was, the debriefing afterward with Dr Bayrak was direct, informational, and supportive. It gave me more confidence to see how his thinking took our first cycle in consideration to make our 2nd and 3rd protocols.
From our initial consultation and throughout our treatment appointments, I felt Dr Bayrak and his staff were caring and supportive. The Pasadena office was small and felt friendly. I preferred it over the LA office (note: all retrievals are done at the LA office).
Unfortunately I don't recall the details well now. We thought our initial issue was MFI with some other unknown factors. Our first cycle was GnRx-antagonist with ganarilx plus follistim and menapur. I created eggs but only one struggled to turn into a blast on day 6 (genetic testing showed it was missing several chromosomes). The 2nd and 3rd cycles used a long Lupron agonist protocol with follistim and menapur again. I got 6 blasts on day 5 for the 2nd cycle, 2 blasts on the 3rd cycle. Total of 9 blasts we genetically tested- 3 came back genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF.
I had a primary coordinator for my IVF cycles. She was organized and professional. Not always completely prompt with some replies, but overall kept me informed and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
My Dr was strongly for singleton transfers. I also wasn't interested in having multiples, but he advised good information as to why anyway.
What specific things went wrong at LA IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at LA IVF.
On our for cycle, we were supposed to get a day 3 update, but the day went without an update. I finally called my coordinator towards the end of the work day and then emailed Dr Bayrak directly. He ended up responding back with a clear email outlining what was going on (spoiler - it was going poorly). I think what happened was Dr Bayrak was supposed to call us since the report was so bad. Regardless, it was a low point in my experience with LA IVF and one I think they overcame with future communications.
Pasadena

He [Dr. Bayrak] is very much about the science and always trying to make it a more efficient and cost effect process for the patient. He is understanding of the emotional rollercoaster that this process is and makes you feel like your in safe hands... I just didn't react to the medication like he hoped. He put me on a more aggressive protocol and we retrieved the same number of eggs, 20 and 2 made it to 5 days embryos.
They [LA IVF - Pasa] are very organized and helpful. Very friendly and family like. They know everyone that comes in everytime. You will never feel like a number here...[The nurses] They treat you like family and are there to answer any questions. Very knowledgeable....office makes you feel like family...He [Dr. Bayrak] is very much about the science and always trying to make it a more efficient and cost effect process for the patient.
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
He is very much about the science and always trying to make it a more efficient and cost effect process for the patient. He is understanding of the emotional rollercoaster that this process is and makes you feel like your in safe hands.
Don't Google what others are going through. Just call him if you have. Question or concerns. He is very open to questions and responds same day.
How office makes you feel like family.
I started on the regular protocol but had a failed cycle, no embryos made it to 5 days. I just didn't react to the medication like he hoped. He put me on a more aggressive protocol and we retrieved the same number of eggs, 20 and 2 made it to 5 days embryos. We froze those and went for a 3rd cycle with the same protocol and had 1 more embryos make it to 5 days. We did genetic testing and had 2 out if 3 pass. We decided to transfer 1, Dr. Bayrak was confident that I could hold a pregnancy and he was correct.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sheri)
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
They are very organized and helpful. Very friendly and family like. They know everyone that comes in everytime. You will never feel like a number here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF.
My insurance covered the process.
He is going to do what's best for you. We left it up to him on how many he needed to transfer. We only transferred 1 out of the 2. He will not transfer more then 2 at a time.
2013 - 2014, Successful
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
Dr. Bayrak was very hands on. He is the only doctor in his practice, so you see him every time. He altered the course between egg retrievals to try to get the best results. He was very honest about the odds of my conceiving and having a baby, but supportive in where we stood and what next steps might be.
Ask questions. He will spend time with you and answer questions as long as you need. He is responsive to email as well.
The team got to know me well through my 3 retrievals. I felt like the nurses in the office were supportive. Linda, at the front desk, even insisted that she be the one who called me with the news that I was pregnant, because she was so invested and happy for me. I cried when I "graduated" to see my OB/GYN because I felt so cared for by Dr Bayrak and his team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sylvia)
As mentioned before, the nurses were very invested in our process and helpful. It is an emotional process, but they were supportive.

2017 - 2019, Successful
My husband and I went through a Trans-Atlantic IVF journey with Dr. Bayrak...it was quite a challenging experience, and working with Dr. Bayrak made it as easy as it could get...was very detail oriented and meticulous about each step along the way. He carefully considered all options available, educated us and involved us in the decision making process, and guided us to success in as short a time as possible...He was easily reacheable and available both during cycles, as well as between cycles. Despite how challenging the IVF process is, it was delightful to work with him. I highly recommend anyone who is considering an assisted reproductive path (IUI, IVF, etc.) to work with Dr. Bayrak.
I worked with more than one nurse and care coordinator [at LA IVF] due to the number of cycles I did. They were all wonderful and Dr. Bayrak also closely followed the process...Easy access and parking, friendly atmosphere. I think the size is just right- not too big and not too small. I rarely had to wait for my appointment, Dr. Bayrak was always prompt. I never felt like it was a factory in the clinic and felt that I received individualized care...My husband and I went through a Trans-Atlantic IVF journey with Dr. Bayrak. As with any IVF, it was quite a challenging experience, and working with Dr. Bayrak made it as easy as it could get. Despite having done a few rounds in other clinics, we did not have a clear picture in our heads of what was going on. Initially, he did lengthy phone and Skype consultations with us to explain how the process works, and make sure that we fully understand what we are going into. This put us at ease and I think tremendously helped with the whole process. Dr. Bayrak was very detail oriented and meticulous about each step along the way. He carefully considered all options available, educated us and involved us in the decision making process, and guided us to success in as short a time as possible. He patiently (and repeatedly) answered all of our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured into choosing a certain way. H
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
My husband and I went through a Trans-Atlantic IVF journey with Dr. Bayrak. As with any IVF, it was quite a challenging experience, and working with Dr. Bayrak made it as easy as it could get. Despite having done a few rounds in other clinics, we did not have a clear picture in our heads of what was going on. Initially, he did lengthy phone and Skype consultations with us to explain how the process works, and make sure that we fully understand what we are going into. This put us at ease and I think tremendously helped with the whole process. Dr. Bayrak was very detail oriented and meticulous about each step along the way. He carefully considered all options available, educated us and involved us in the decision making process, and guided us to success in as short a time as possible. He patiently (and repeatedly) answered all of our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured into choosing a certain way. He was easily reacheable and available both during cycles, as well as between cycles. Despite how challenging the IVF process is, it was delightful to work with him. I highly recommend anyone who is considering an assisted reproductive path (IUI, IVF, etc.) to work with Dr. Bayrak.
I really couldn't think of one. If I have to, I would recommend that if the patient does not want to obtain too much information about the process, then they should say so. Otherwise, Dr. Bayrak explains things in detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at LA IVF.
I worked with more than one nurse and care coordinator due to the number of cycles I did. They were all wonderful and Dr. Bayrak also closely followed the process.
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
I have a bicornuate uterus. Therefore, Dr. Bayrak very strongly recommended that I have only one embryo transferred. He selected the best quality embryo and waited until my uterus was in perfect condition (in terms of the thickness of the intrauterine lining) to make the transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr Bayrak recommended one frozen embryo transfer and it was successful and he explained the benefits of approaching it that way and we went with his recommendation...I never felt rushed. He answered all of our questions. As we went through this journey I honestly felt like he wanted us to succeed and get pregnant...During our first visit I appreciated that he presented options to us and was very knowledgeable and experienced. We began our journey with him and I did feel like he honestly wanted us to succeed and get pregnant. We did two IUI’s you that were not successful and then changed over to the IVF process. The process is very difficult emotionally and physically but he did his best to prepare us and explained things well. With all appointments I never felt that he rushed me and always took time to answer my questions.
I did have multiple nurses helping us along the way [at LA IVF]. They all were friendly and provided the appropriate level of information... I appreciated that it was a smaller practice and you could tell that he [Dr. Bayrak] cared about his patients and wasn’t in it just for the money. Only weakness is that he works out of multiple offices so sometimes it took a little bit more time to schedule since I was working but we made it work
How was your experience with Aykut Bayrak at LA IVF?
Be honest with him, ask questions get the detail you need to feel confident with the path you are going to take
With our first round of IVF with Dr Bayrak we did the extra genetic testing and carrier screening this time, as he recommended since we had been down this journey before. We did a frozen embryo transfer with one embryo. We were successful at getting pregnant and our baby girl is due mid November this year. Our little miracle and blessing for our family is finally coming true and I have Dr Bayrak and his team of nurses to thank.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at LA IVF.
I did have multiple nurses helping us along the way. They all were friendly and provided the appropriate level of information
Describe your experience with LA IVF.
For the strengths I appreciated that it was a smaller practice and you could tell that he cared about his patients and wasn’t in it just for the money. Only weakness is that he works out of multiple offices so sometimes it took a little bit more time to schedule since I was working but we made it work
Around $20k-$30k including medicine
I had done 2 embryo transfers twice before one was not successful and one lead to a miscarriage with a different Dr. Dr Bayrak recommended one frozen embryo transfer and it was successful and he explained the benefits of approaching it that way and we went with his recommendation