Banafsheh N. Kashani, MD, FACOG

Laguna Hills
23141 Moulton Parkway
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
949-516-0150
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Banafsheh Kashani to a friend?

9.8

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Our treatment plan [with Dr. Kashani] was based on results from prior IUI stimulation medications as well as labwork/ultrasounds...We were offered single embryo transfer as our embryos were PGS tested...She was honest, sensitive, and always expressed empathy in regards to my infertility treatment. She encouraged me when I needed it and reassured me throughout the complex cycles/treatments.
Strengths [at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility]: The Newport Beach clinic was clean, had the latest equipment, and well organized. It's location was conveniently off the freeway, had plenty of parking, and had an attached surgical center for the fertility procedures...We had a mixed experience with the nursing staff. One was more experienced while the other was less so. Lab draws were more difficult with the less experienced nurse. Both were compassionate when they took care of us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility?
I came to Dr. Kashani after having no success with TI and multiple IUIs. At the very first visit, I knew things were going to be very different in a positive way. She spoke to us with compassion and took the time to really help us understand why we may have not been having success in the past with our fertility treatments and outlined a plan of what to do moving forward. I felt very comfortable with her because she would go into extreme details regarding each step for IVF and provided us with the latest evidence-based research to help guide our decision making when it came to medications, ICSI, PGS, etc.. Dr. Kashani is extremely thorough and we felt that she was always helping to optimize things especially during the frequent testing/imaging for our retrieval and transfer. Any questions or concerns we had along the way were always addressed quickly which further reinforced our trust in her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility?
Trust Dr. Kashani's wealth of knowledge and experience in IVF. Ask her as many questions as you can to help you understand both the 'what' and 'why' for IVF treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility?
Dr. Kashani spoke to me like a close family member. She was honest, sensitive, and always expressed empathy in regards to my infertility treatment. She encouraged me when I needed it and reassured me throughout the complex cycles/treatments.
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility and their degree of success.
Our treatment plan was based on results from prior IUI stimulation medications as well as labwork/ultrasounds. We used Folistim, Menopur, and later Ganirelix for retrieval with frequent ultrasounds to confirm number and size of follicles. For our transfer, we used Estrace (both oral and suppository), Progesterone suppository, PIO, ASA, and Prednisone.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility.
Strengths: The Newport Beach clinic was clean, had the latest equipment, and well organized. It's location was conveniently off the freeway, had plenty of parking, and had an attached surgical center for the fertility procedures. Weaknesses: None
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility.
Initial consult was free. Labs ranged $80-100. Ultrasounds $240. Medications varied by cycle but cost about $3-5K total. Total cost of our treatments was around 20-25K and we were responsible after insurance for 20% of that.
Describe Banafsheh Kashani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility.
We were offered single embryo transfer as our embryos were PGS tested.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility.

[Protocol with Dr. Kashani] We did high dose menopur (2 vials) and follisitim 450 units for 11 days instead of the projected 9 because my follicles weren’t growing as expected. I have 1 ovary and we were able to retrieve 18 eggs...She remember details about my personal life and my partners medication condition (lupus). She was and continues to be warm, compassionate, empathetic, and dedicated to helping us conceive. She knows how long and hard his journey has been and still continues to be.
$15000 for egg retrieval, PGS (up to 8 ) [at Reproductive Fertility Center]...Able to get a lot of patients in for ultrasounds and lab draws. They can improve on making sure all needed test are done before Egg retrieval...The NP for the center is intelligent but can don’t expect too much warmth or compassion from her. She is kind but not as empathetic as my amazing doctor. Being a nurse, I have high expectations for other healthcare workers displaying true compassion.
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She made me feel comfortable during very difficult times such as my partner not having any sperm is his sperm samples, the fear oF IVF possibly not even being an option for us. She referred us to an amazing urologist who was able to perform a procedure to aspirate sperm from his testicles that we used for IVF. She genuinely wanted to be updated on our progress with the urologist every step of the way. She even called me on her day off. I only know it was her day off because the nurse in her office emailed me to tell me dr Kashani was off today but she should contact me when she returns. 1 hour later dr Kashani called me with such joy in her voice because they finally found sperm in my partner. She is intelligent, honest, realistic while maintaining optimism.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Trust her with all of your thoughts and emotions. She is here for you .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly Hoyos )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Able to get a lot of patients in for ultrasounds and lab draws. They can improve on making sure all needed test are done before Egg retrieval. As the patient, ask as many questions as you can, make a list of your Questions, email them, call them. Don’t ever feel bad about contacting them. They are there for you and never hesitate to reach out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center.
$15000 for egg retrieval, PGS (up to 8 )
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Reproductive Fertility Center.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kashani made me feel like her best friend. She made me feel loved and understood. She acted like she could feel like feelings of frustration and sadness that come with infertility. She always had a plan and what our next step was. She explained everything in detail to make sure I understood what we were doing.... Every time I met with Dr. Kashani she got to personally know my husband and I. She cared and made it seem like we were her only patients. She made me feel comfortable and understood. I could always contact her with any questions.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.... The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Open up to Dr. Kashani. She wants to help and understand you.
Currently she had me do an HSG test, saline hysteroscopy (which she found something in my uterus), and then a hysteroscopy to remove it. It was very important to her to make sure my uterus was ready for ivf. She made sure to do an extensive amount of tests to make sure there were no complications for ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly )
The nurse was always there to communicate. I could email or call and she would call me right back. Any questions I had for the doctor she would get the answers for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
The clinic felt welcoming and laid out all of the possibilities and options. They understand that finances are a huge part but not the only part of The ivf process. The nurse did not seem very knowledgeable during our consultation. I had a lot of questions that she was not able to answer but wrote them down and called me back, answering all of my questions.
The total cost of IVF with ICIS FET PGS was $22,000. My husbands sperm analysis was free so at least we got something!
Describe Banafsheh Kashani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Dr. Kashani will only do one embryo transfer if PGS testing is done. She will transfer two if no genetic testing is done.

Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility is a] Beautiful new facility with everything done in house, from blood draws to surgeries, to retrievals. The embryos are stored there too. All equipment is state of the art. Easy to make appointments and reach them when needed...[nurses are] Always on point with responding to emails quickly...[Dr. Banafsheh] made sure to be aggressive in her medication dosage early on and monitored me extra closely to make sure we were on track. Before transfer, she completed diagnostic tests that revealed fibroids. Other providers wouldn’t have been so diligent. She set me up for success...Due to my history of pprom, she explained the necessity of only transferring one embryo to hopefully avoid complications in the future...She was very caring. Went above and beyond to make sure I was supported both medically and emotionally. She was always available to answer questions and help ease my fears.
$500K+
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Her attention to detail and compassion made me feel at ease during a very emotionally trying time. She was sympathetic to my history and set realistic expectations and goals. She is very organized and tailors her treatment to each individual Patient. Her bed side manner was excellent. I felt supported through the whole process.
Don’t hesitate. She is the best of the best. I only wish I found her earlier in my journey
With my last experience and Doctor, he failed to monitor me closely and I ovulated prior to my retrieval date. Dr Kashani, made sure to be aggressive in her medication dosage early on and monitored me extra closely to make sure we were on track. Before transfer, she completed diagnostic tests that revealed fibroids. Other providers wouldn’t have been so diligent. She set me up for success.
Always on point with responding to emails quickly
Under 20,000

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Kashani started off with medication in pill form for the first 3 cycles. We had ultrasound follow ups and revisited our fertility plan after each cycle. She was super friendly but it seemed like we were going off a checklist instead of evaluating what we could do to make a cycle optimal and prevent cancelation. It felt like our path was to go to IVF.
The nursing staff [Kaiser] was awesome. They were always to positive and friendly. It felt like they genuinely wanted to see you succeed. ... The office is very friendly, flexible and are great communicators. Unfortunately, they do not do IVF at the Kaiser location but the doctor is able to do it out of Reproductive Fertility Center close by which is convenient.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Kashani is informative and uses visuals to help in understanding our fertility and what paths we can take. She was upfront about our chances of conceiving and provided resources to better understand the process. She hinted more to going to IVF when two of the medications weren’t working even though we still had other options to continue for a successful IUI. We were then scheduled with a different doctor for our next cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Kashani and her staff were very welcoming. She made us feel very comfortable while going through a somewhat scary process. She answered all of our questions and has made herself available through email for any concerns.
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
The nursing staff was awesome. They were always to positive and friendly. It felt like they genuinely wanted to see you succeed.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
As a Kaiser member, we had a 50% co-pay for all procedures and appointments.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I can’t say enough positive things about her! She is extremely knowledgeable and is an excellent doctor while still being a constant source of support. Dr. Kashani truly cares about her patients. My egg retrieval was a huge success. And Dr. Kashani called me almost everyday after to check up on me and informed me of day 5 embryos. She always called me with test results and explained next steps... She is great at explaining and giving you information.
Clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] is very nice and even though they are busy I never had to wait long. All the staff is kind and you feel you are in a good place. They really help with ordering medications and getting you everything you need. They provide helpful calendars. The financial department is very good as well...She [Dr. Kashani] would adjust my medication based on ultra sounds or past experiences, she did blood work more than to get an accurate idea of what was going on, and she recommended tests that were helpful.
3 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I would advise to ask any questions you have. She is great at explaining and giving you information.
Dr. Kashani always took the time to speak with after every visit. She explained every process and treatment. Dr. Kashani checked in on me after my miscarriage and I really felt she was with me every step of my fertility journey.
She would adjust my medication based on ultra sounds or past experiences, she did blood work more than to get an accurate idea of what was going on, and she recommended tests that were helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Clinic is very nice and even though they are busy I never had to wait long. All the staff is kind and you feel you are in a good place. They really help with ordering medications and getting you everything you need. They provide helpful calendars. The financial department is very good as well.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Kashani's care is unparalleled. Her level of knowledge and attention to each individual patient is a blessing in a world of heartbreak with infertility. She takes care to explain things to patients, presents options, and goes through every possible outcome and factor. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate...love and passion for her work is like nothing we had ever seen. She truly cares about each patient, calling to check on them personally and offering options and various courses for treatments. She explains risks and possibilities and really makes it a group decision with her as the physician. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate. She really wants her patients to have the best outcome possible every
The entire staff [at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility] cares so much about patients. They are rooting for you the whole way. Natalie, my assigned nurse coordinator, called me and checked in on me. When I struggled with an injection we even did FaceTime so she could help us...It is a newer clinic so the expertise of the physicians and the exceptional lab are two things that surpass any other clinic in the Orange County area. They also work with you on payments (we used 4 different credit cards) and they explain every possible option to make what you need become a real option.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Kashani's love and passion for her work is like nothing we had ever seen. She truly cares about each patient, calling to check on them personally and offering options and various courses for treatments. She explains risks and possibilities and really makes it a group decision with her as the physician. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate. She really wants her patients to have the best outcome possible every time.
My piece of advice for a future patient would be to be complete honest. Put everything on the table. Give her every single piece of information no matter how important or unimportant you think it is-- allow her to decide as the expert.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
The entire staff cares so much about patients. They are rooting for you the whole way. Natalie, my assigned nurse coordinator, called me and checked in on me. When I struggled with an injection we even did FaceTime so she could help us.
+ Read more- Read less

Both nurse practioner and a case manager [at Reproductive Fertility Center] were very experienced, knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. Their responses in time was very helpful for us throughout the journey. We are very thankful to the entire team...[nurses are] Very polite, knowledgeable and timely in response...Go to the visit with your list of questions and Dr Kashani will gladly answer them to your satisfaction...She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging...Being a physician myself and knowing the challenges of the profession, I truly admire her knowledge, professionalism, timeliness and openness to explore ideas. Thanks to her, my husband and I are pregnant after battling years of infertility! She has made our dream come true and we are so very grateful to her. She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging. I give her my highest recommendations as a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility treatment specialist.
Dr Kashani is a very confident, courteous and highly knowledgeable professional. She keeps herself current with the latest advancements in medicine and she recommended evidence based treatments while also respecting my wishes and opinions. She was accessible when needed and responded to my many questions in a timely manner. With Dr. Kashani, you can always expect exceptional, professional care with a personal touch. Being a physician myself and knowing the challenges of the profession, I truly admire her knowledge, professionalism, timeliness and openness to explore ideas. Thanks to her, my husband and I are pregnant after battling years of infertility! She has made our dream come true and we are so very grateful to her. She has been with us through the trials and tribulations of our journey and always been very practical, sensitive, patient and encouraging. I give her my highest recommendations as a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility treatment specialist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center.
Very polite, knowledgeable and timely in response
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
Both nurse practioner and a case manager were very experienced, knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. Their responses in time was very helpful for us throughout the journey. We are very thankful to the entire team

Male Factor, Other
She [Dr. Kashani] is kind, informative, compassionate, and takes her time. She doesn’t tread lightly and wants to make sure all bases are covered to get the best result possible. Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting...is thorough and answers all of my questions. She makes time for me and makes me feel valued. She is never rushed to see the next patient.
They [staff at Reproductive Fertility Center] give you information as needed instead of telling you how everything will go up front. It can be nerve racking if you are a planner type and want to know what’s next in the process...They [nurses] were well informed and thorough...Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she [Dr. Kashani] is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting.
Male Factor, Other
She is kind, informative, compassionate, and takes her time. She doesn’t tread lightly and wants to make sure all bases are covered to get the best result possible. Even though the results of previous tests determined that my uterus was normal, she is concerned that I have a septum uterus and going through extra steps to have me get an MRI of my pelvis to see how severe the septum is before implanting.
Dr Kashani is thorough and answers all of my questions. She makes time for me and makes me feel valued. She is never rushed to see the next patient.
Her strategy is to be as well informed and thorough as possible. She wants to do extra tests to make sure she has as much knowledge as possible so she can make the most informed decisions and plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lesly, Heidi and Cindy )
They were well informed and thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They give you information as needed instead of telling you how everything will go up front. It can be nerve racking if you are a planner type and want to know what’s next in the process. Also, don’t pee until you have checked in for your appointment. There are times they need a urine test and won’t tell you when booking the appointment.
All the costs you could possibly imagine haha

2020
From the very first visit Dr. Kashani was attentive, empathetic and informative. I felt listened to, validated and hopeful because of our conversation...I felt that she truly understood my plight and was in my corner ready with a multitude of approaches pending my husband and I’d schedule and desires. Furthermore, she was more than willing to go into extensive detail as we asked about the logistics of IUI vs IVF and which path to go forward with. We decided to go with IUI initially. My body hyper-reacted to the fertility drugs initially which led to a skipped cycle (too many eggs) but Dr. Kashani used the information gained to adjust the dosage. The following two cycles successfully produced eggs but the first one did not result in a pregnancy. The second one resulted in a twin pregnancy! Dr. Kashani’s insight and attentiveness didn’t stop there. She continued to monitor my pregnancy and answer my frantic emails (even when I emailed on holiday weekends). She always pro
IUI [cost at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility] was very reasonable and we also had the ability to place a deposit on a discounted IVF since we believed that was our next course of action...Availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. Always clean and spaced out...Phone calls are answered in a timely manner...My body hyper-reacted to the fertility drugs initially which led to a skipped cycle (too many eggs) but Dr. Kashani used the information gained to adjust the dosage. The following two cycles successfully produced eggs but the first one did not result in a pregnancy. The second one resulted in a twin pregnancy! Dr. Kashani’s insight and attentiveness didn’t stop there. She continued to monitor my pregnancy and answer my frantic emails (even when I emailed on holiday weekends). She always provided me with all possible outcomes and made sure I was aw
2020
From the first office visit, I felt at ease speaking candidly and openly to Dr. Kashani. She was always extremely attentive and empathetic. I felt that she truly understood my plight and was in my corner ready with a multitude of approaches pending my husband and I’d schedule and desires. Furthermore, she was more than willing to go into extensive detail as we asked about the logistics of IUI vs IVF and which path to go forward with. We decided to go with IUI initially. My body hyper-reacted to the fertility drugs initially which led to a skipped cycle (too many eggs) but Dr. Kashani used the information gained to adjust the dosage. The following two cycles successfully produced eggs but the first one did not result in a pregnancy. The second one resulted in a twin pregnancy! Dr. Kashani’s insight and attentiveness didn’t stop there. She continued to monitor my pregnancy and answer my frantic emails (even when I emailed on holiday weekends). She always provided me with all possible outcomes and made sure I was aware of any and all risks while still remaining optimistic. When the twin pregnancy was confirmed (we heard the heartbeat of sweet baby B), her joy mirrored and amplified mine. I look forward to sharing pictures of our babies when they join our family early next year (God willing).
You’re in safe hands, don’t feel afraid to ask questions and it’s ok to be happy when it finally happens!
Clomid, Gonal-RF, trigger shot, Endometrin, Progesterone. Clomid lead yo thinning of lining and over production of eggs Global-RF dosages were adjusted for second and third cycles. Endometrin for second cycle, prometrim when I complained about how much discharge I had on Endometrin.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility.
Availability during weekends and holidays is excellent. Always clean and spaced out. The clinic is very Covid aware (checks temperatures each time). Phone calls are answered in a timely manner. I don’t have much more to say about the clinic.
IUI was very reasonable and we also had the ability to place a deposit on a discounted IVF since we believed that was our next course of action.