Medical SchoolMedical College of Georgia
FellowshipCase Western Reserve University
131 Miller Street
Winston Salem, NC 27157
336-716-6476
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bansari (Bonnie) Patel to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 72%Neutral: 28%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wake Forest University to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Patel was absolutely amazing. Anytime I was having a difficult time during my cycles she would call me to reassure me and to help me understand my results. She was always available to me for support...Her strengths included her willingness to be aggressive, listen to my concerns, compassionate, and very smart. I felt like she did great explaining test results as well as different procedures. Her weakness would be that on busy days in the clinic I occasionally felt rushed.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Her strengths included her willingness to be aggressive, listen to my concerns, compassionate, and very smart. I felt like she did great explaining test results as well as different procedures. Her weakness would be that on busy days in the clinic I occasionally felt rushed. It is turly difficult to think of her weakness.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Be honest and open about your desires and expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at Wake Forest University and their degree of success.
Oh goodness! First cycle:started with birth control pills and then we did menopur and gonal-f. I can’t remember the exact dosages but my body did not respond well and she felt that the BCP had supressed my system too much. Ended cycle with IUI. Second cycle: tried estrogen patches. Then menopur, gonal-f and lurpon. Ended up stopping lupron due to no response. We were able to retrieve eggs for this cycle. Third cycle: did estrogen patches again. Menopur, gonal-f and growth hormone. By far this was my best cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne)
Roxanne was amazing. She was organized, very informative and punctually with getting me the meds and information I needed for each cycle. She was a great communicator. I will say that when she was out of the office I did have some trouble getting ahold of the other nurses.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
Everyone in the clinic was awesome. They were all very welcoming, took time to learn my name and helpful. The clinic was on the older side and was small especially with how busy they were. With that being said it was always very clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University.
I was fortunate enough to have a fertility benefit with my insurance. The first $15000 was covered. Patty Joyner was the financial advisor at the clinic and she was also amazing.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wake Forest University.
No concerns.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Any time I sent an email or called the clinic, Dr. Patel or my nurse got back to me quickly. Dr. Patel even responded a message at 10 pm on a Saturday night. My initial transfer was cancelled due to OHSS, and Dr. Patel talked through my emotions with me and the pros and cons of fresh versus frozen embryo transfers, and she helped me make peace with any decisions I made. She also has a very warm personality and didn't let me be too serious (which is something I needed!!)
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Patel was great. For our initial visit for IVF, she went over all of my paperwork with my husband and I, and we talked about our past treatment (we had been at a different clinic for a year and a half). She explained all the risks, rewards, statistics, etc. She was very up front and direct, but she was still kind and positive throughout the entire experience. I was nervous, and at some appointments emotional, and she always made sure to ask how I was feeling and why, and then she would address anything she could help with.
To just be honest with Dr. Patel - I don't think anything could shock her, and she is always willing to answer questions.
I did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for 12 days, adding in Cetrotide to prevent ovulation on Day 6 of stims. I was on low dosages, due to my PCOS and high AMH and follicle count, so I stimmed lower and longer. She and my nurse made adjustments throughout the cycle to help prevent OHSS. I ended up with 24 eggs at my egg retrieval, 18 fertilized, and we ended up freezing 9 good quality embryos. I ended up with mild OHSS anyways, but it was not serious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne Kennedy)
The entire staff was wonderful. I felt like people recognized me (I was going in very often over a course of about 3 weeks), and everyone was kind. I usually saw the same two nurses during my ultrasounds, and the same two lab technicians for my blood draws. The team was flexible with me and my work schedule, and I felt like any time I had questions or needed help, someone was available.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
This clinic was able to fit me in just a couple of weeks after our referral. There was no long wait list. They also were more financially feasible for our situation (meaning, our medical needs) than any other clinic we looked at.
Our IVF cycle + meds was about $12,000. An additional $900 for cryopreservation.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Patel was great to work with, she felt like a friend who was also my doctor....Dr. Patel was very compassionate and willing to try cycles with my eggs despite my terrible egg quality. She was also realistic and gave us helpful information to make decisions. She was very educated....she did use gonal F, hcg, and ganirelex. My ovaries were totally shot and didn't really respond, but that has nothing to do with her....The clinic [Wake Forest - WS] is nice and small. You will get to know the entire staff and they are wonderfully supportive.
European, Middle Eastern
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Patel was great to work with, she felt like a friend who was also my doctor. We also worked with Dr. Johnston who was great and Dr. Deaton who was a bit harsh about our reality (though we were already aware).
I don't remember specifics, but she did use gonal F, hcg, and ganirelex. My ovaries were totally shot and didn't really respond, but that has nothing to do with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne & Lauren)
Roxanne is a rock star, she was always very on top of things and responded immediately. My emails to Lauren seemed to get lost a lot but she was very nice to work with.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
The clinic is nice and small. You will get to know the entire staff and they are wonderfully supportive. I felt that their management of our issues was very good and would go back without hesitation.
Around $12k for a regular IVF cycle, not including meds.
Winston Salem
Dr. Patel is the only physician who has been willing to refer my husband to a urologist after we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. She is not adamant about jumping into IVF, as the others were. I feel that she is very knowledgeable and caring...Dr. Patel is very genuine and empathetic. It feels like she has patient driven treatment. An example is that she takes financial situations into account when driving treatment to eliminate that stress factor...
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
I have seen two previous physicians for infertility treatment and Dr. Patel is the only physician who has been willing to refer my husband to a urologist after we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. She is not adamant about jumping into IVF, as the others were. I feel that she is very knowledgeable and caring.
She is kind and is very good at her job.
Dr. Patel is very genuine and empathetic. It feels like she has patient driven treatment. An example is that she takes financial situations into account when driving treatment to eliminate that stress factor. She makes eye contact during conversations.
Our first scheduled IUI with her was cancelled and post-poned.
The nurses are very kind and quick to respond to me about test results.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
Wake Forest is an excellent program, as they are part of a big medical community in Winston Salem. They are a teaching institution and part of a University, therefore their practice is held to certain policies and restrictions that a private practice physician would not be. I do feel that they have high caliber physicians and staff.
IUI is approximately $500.00 IVF is approximately $10,000 for retrieval and extra for meds