Available by cell phone
Atlanta Perimeter
5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328
770.928.2276
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Bansari (Bonnie) Patel to a friend?

5.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ACRM to a friend?
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not [Dr. Bansari Patel]...She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not...I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
My first assigned nurse [at ACRM] went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule...Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching...I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not. In fact my care was borderline negligence. I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Don’t get distracted by her compassion for your situation and promise of success. Ask all the questions you need to and insist on having her direct info as her staff or main office line operators don’t seem to have authority to put you through to your own doctor in any event.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not dr. Patel. There seemed to be constant staff vacations or turnover which resulted in being able to speak to an actual human being over the phone impossible.
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Estrogen 2 mg beginning day two of cycle. Progesterone two weeks later followed by injectable medications. Clomid for my husband for 8 to 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
My first assigned nurse went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule. It took her being sick and the her sub to get all this done in one day. After that it returned to almost zero communication and me having track her down to get half an answer. Patient care coordinator never answers the phone and is constantly out of office.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was private, clean and did not allow children out of respect for patients feelings dealing with infertility. Location where procedures were done was clean and state of the art. Technicians and nurses there were pleasant and professional. Location was also very central making it easy to visit no matter where you are coming from. Billing department is a separate representative who sent me a work up of my costs in a massive email document written In technical and clinical terms that was very difficult for a person who is not a doctor to understand. This was also sent just a few days before payment was expected in full.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected. Everything was listed in medical and clinical terms that I couldn’t not understand so I had to call the representative to explain them to me which was still confusing as nobody had even fully gone over my protocol with me in a way I could understand. Also this payment was expected in full before I even started my injectable medications. These costs were also outrageously inflated compared to my current clinic and most clinics I researched.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.

Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me...Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating.
She [nurse at ACRM] has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive...Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00...When I made my first appointment, they were suppose to call me back to let me know what I would owe. I wasn't sure what my insurance would cover. I did not hear back from them. Upon arrival I was told it was only a specialist co-pay. You may want to make sure that you figure this out prior to your appointment as that could play a big part in you proceeding with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Dr. Patel is extremely thorough with providing me with the information needed to make a informed decision. She was prompt and to the point when needed, yet had a soft and understanding side as well. I appreciate that it was not pressured to just jump in. She wanted to know that I understood how everything worked.
Just be open and honest with your concerns or questions.
I am a 41yo who has been TTC for 1 year. I have no children. My husband has 3 children. We have been married for 1 month!! I finally met a man who wants to have children and I can't get pregnant... I went into this with little to no knowledge other than the internet, blogs & Instagram. My regular OBGYN's were no help, their only answer was see a fertility doctor. With not having insurance, I wasn't even sure that was a option for us. Seeing Dr. Patel for the first time, I told her that I was scared & nervous of what she was going to tell me. I was embarrassed that my husband had to work & could not go with me. Would she think that I was the only one interested in having a child? Dr. Patel was completely understanding & caring. She asked what I was scared of & told me not to be nervous. It felt so natural to talk to her & open up about my feelings. She offered tissues when they were needed. She went back to 6th grade sex ed (I have forgotten a lot) & explained everything with me; including stuff that my regular OBGYN had not about ovulating. I learned things that I did not know, which I was able to share with my husband. She expressed her empathy with my feelings and concerns. I feel like she understood where my heart was coming from. She was honest & discussed the percentages of me getting pregnant on my own. What our options were &where would be the best starting place. We discussed the best financial options for us. She advised me to have a few test done elsewhere to save money. She was not pushy with getting me to sign up or make a commitment that day. She encouraged me to think about the options & talk with my husband. Upon leaving she gave me her card and wrote in her email address in case we had any other questions. We have decided to continue and will definitely be using Dr. Patel. Her staff has also been helpful and very responsive.
I have done 3 cycles of clomid before seeing Dr. Patel, so we made the decision to start with labs to see what is going on with me. She found a few items of concern. So, I am starting thyroid medication, a HSG procedure and my husband is doing a sperm test. We will wait for all of the results and schedule a follow up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin Stephens)
She has been good at explaining the labs needed and the results. I have emailed a few times and she has always been prompt and responsive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
On my first visit, I had a specialist copay. They did labs as well that day, which my insurance covered. Dr. Patel encouraged me to go to a different facility for the HSG test as they had a lower cost. ACRM was $1100.00 vs. $500.00. I had to have in house blood pregnancy test for the HSG and it was $87.00. The sperm test was $140.00 I believe.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
N/A - We haven't gotten this far.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Patel was absolutely amazing. Anytime I was having a difficult time during my cycles she would call me to reassure me and to help me understand my results. She was always available to me for support...Her strengths included her willingness to be aggressive, listen to my concerns, compassionate, and very smart. I felt like she did great explaining test results as well as different procedures. Her weakness would be that on busy days in the clinic I occasionally felt rushed.
Roxanne [nurse at Wake Forest] was amazing. She was organized, very informative and punctually with getting me the meds and information I needed for each cycle. She was a great communicator. I will say that when she was out of the office I did have some trouble getting ahold of the other nurses...Everyone in the clinic was awesome. They were all very welcoming, took time to learn my name and helpful. The clinic was on the older side and was small especially with how busy they were. With that being said it was always very clean.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Her strengths included her willingness to be aggressive, listen to my concerns, compassionate, and very smart. I felt like she did great explaining test results as well as different procedures. Her weakness would be that on busy days in the clinic I occasionally felt rushed. It is turly difficult to think of her weakness.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Be honest and open about your desires and expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at Wake Forest University and their degree of success.
Oh goodness! First cycle:started with birth control pills and then we did menopur and gonal-f. I can’t remember the exact dosages but my body did not respond well and she felt that the BCP had supressed my system too much. Ended cycle with IUI. Second cycle: tried estrogen patches. Then menopur, gonal-f and lurpon. Ended up stopping lupron due to no response. We were able to retrieve eggs for this cycle. Third cycle: did estrogen patches again. Menopur, gonal-f and growth hormone. By far this was my best cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne)
Roxanne was amazing. She was organized, very informative and punctually with getting me the meds and information I needed for each cycle. She was a great communicator. I will say that when she was out of the office I did have some trouble getting ahold of the other nurses.
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University.
I was fortunate enough to have a fertility benefit with my insurance. The first $15000 was covered. Patty Joyner was the financial advisor at the clinic and she was also amazing.
Describe Bansari (Bonnie) Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wake Forest University.
No concerns.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Any time I sent an email or called the clinic, Dr. Patel or my nurse got back to me quickly. Dr. Patel even responded a message at 10 pm on a Saturday night. My initial transfer was cancelled due to OHSS, and Dr. Patel talked through my emotions with me and the pros and cons of fresh versus frozen embryo transfers, and she helped me make peace with any decisions I made. She also has a very warm personality and didn't let me be too serious (which is something I needed!!)
This clinic [Wake Forest] was able to fit me in just a couple of weeks after our referral. There was no long wait list. They also were more financially feasible for our situation (meaning, our medical needs)...The entire staff was wonderful. I felt like people recognized me (I was going in very often over a course of about 3 weeks), and everyone was kind. I usually saw the same two nurses during my ultrasounds, and the same two lab technicians for my blood draws. The team was flexible with me and my work schedule, and I felt like any time I had questions or needed help, someone was available.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Patel was great. For our initial visit for IVF, she went over all of my paperwork with my husband and I, and we talked about our past treatment (we had been at a different clinic for a year and a half). She explained all the risks, rewards, statistics, etc. She was very up front and direct, but she was still kind and positive throughout the entire experience. I was nervous, and at some appointments emotional, and she always made sure to ask how I was feeling and why, and then she would address anything she could help with.
To just be honest with Dr. Patel - I don't think anything could shock her, and she is always willing to answer questions.
I did Gonal-F and Menopur injections for 12 days, adding in Cetrotide to prevent ovulation on Day 6 of stims. I was on low dosages, due to my PCOS and high AMH and follicle count, so I stimmed lower and longer. She and my nurse made adjustments throughout the cycle to help prevent OHSS. I ended up with 24 eggs at my egg retrieval, 18 fertilized, and we ended up freezing 9 good quality embryos. I ended up with mild OHSS anyways, but it was not serious.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne Kennedy)
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
This clinic was able to fit me in just a couple of weeks after our referral. There was no long wait list. They also were more financially feasible for our situation (meaning, our medical needs) than any other clinic we looked at.
Our IVF cycle + meds was about $12,000. An additional $900 for cryopreservation.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Patel was great to work with, she felt like a friend who was also my doctor....Dr. Patel was very compassionate and willing to try cycles with my eggs despite my terrible egg quality. She was also realistic and gave us helpful information to make decisions. She was very educated....she did use gonal F, hcg, and ganirelex. My ovaries were totally shot and didn't really respond, but that has nothing to do with her....The clinic [Wake Forest - WS] is nice and small. You will get to know the entire staff and they are wonderfully supportive.
The clinic [Wake Forest - WS] is nice and small. You will get to know the entire staff and they are wonderfully supportive. I felt that their management of our issues was very good and would go back without hesitation...Roxanne is a rock star, she was always very on top of things and responded immediately. My emails to Lauren seemed to get lost a lot but she was very nice to work with....Around $12k for a regular IVF cycle, not including meds.
European, Middle Eastern
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
Dr. Patel was great to work with, she felt like a friend who was also my doctor. We also worked with Dr. Johnston who was great and Dr. Deaton who was a bit harsh about our reality (though we were already aware).
I don't remember specifics, but she did use gonal F, hcg, and ganirelex. My ovaries were totally shot and didn't really respond, but that has nothing to do with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Wake Forest University. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne & Lauren)
Describe your experience with Wake Forest University.
The clinic is nice and small. You will get to know the entire staff and they are wonderfully supportive. I felt that their management of our issues was very good and would go back without hesitation.
Around $12k for a regular IVF cycle, not including meds.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Patel is the only physician who has been willing to refer my husband to a urologist after we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. She is not adamant about jumping into IVF, as the others were. I feel that she is very knowledgeable and caring...Dr. Patel is very genuine and empathetic. It feels like she has patient driven treatment. An example is that she takes financial situations into account when driving treatment to eliminate that stress factor...
Wake Forest is an excellent program, as they are part of a big medical community in Winston Salem. They are a teaching institution and part of a University, therefore their practice is held to certain policies and restrictions that a private practice physician would not be. I do feel that they have high caliber physicians and staff...The nurses are very kind and quick to respond to me about test results...IUI is approximately $500.00 IVF is approximately $10,000 for retrieval and extra for meds...
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at Wake Forest University?
I have seen two previous physicians for infertility treatment and Dr. Patel is the only physician who has been willing to refer my husband to a urologist after we were diagnosed with male factor infertility. She is not adamant about jumping into IVF, as the others were. I feel that she is very knowledgeable and caring.
She is kind and is very good at her job.
Dr. Patel is very genuine and empathetic. It feels like she has patient driven treatment. An example is that she takes financial situations into account when driving treatment to eliminate that stress factor. She makes eye contact during conversations.
Our first scheduled IUI with her was cancelled and post-poned.
The nurses are very kind and quick to respond to me about test results.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Patel took the time to explain everything for me and draw me pictures so I could see. She is new to the prescribe but clearly passionate and optimistic while giving me the real numbers ... She took the time to clearly explain everything to me and is always a cheerleader for optimism while letting me be pessimistic. She has been great to work with and I always feel like I learn something whenever we chat
They [ACRM] have Multiple locations, easy hours. Open 7 days a week. Quick to answer and labs on site! Friendly staff and respectful waiting room. No kids to appt policy. Great drs that like to explain each step ... Friendly. Open and great at getting at my hard to reach veins ... I know days are packed but sometimes I’ve had to wait a bit for appts
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
I know days are packed but sometimes I’ve had to wait a bit for appts
She specifically said the goal is to get pregnant while keeping as few horomones in me for as short of a time as possible
Friendly. Open and great at getting at my hard to reach veins
Describe your experience with ACRM.
They have Multiple locations, easy hours. Open 7 days a week. Quick to answer and labs on site! Friendly staff and respectful waiting room. No kids to appt policy. Great drs that like to explain each step
Atlanta Perimeter