Bansari (Bonnie) Patel

Atlanta Perimeter
5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328

1 patient review filtered by:

After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not [Dr. Bansari Patel]...She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not...I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
My first assigned nurse [at ACRM] went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule...Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching...I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected.
How was your experience with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
She is very warm and welcoming. Shows a lot of compassion towards your situation. I never felt rushed and she would answer all questions. However there were times where she came across as not genuine and selling me hope. I felt selling a patient in need help was her angle and wanted you to feel taken care of but ultimately I was not. In fact my care was borderline negligence. I started a cycle of estrogen and then could not get in touch with any staff member to answer questions or concerns about my protocol. This led me to leave her practice and only then was she In touch with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
Don’t get distracted by her compassion for your situation and promise of success. Ask all the questions you need to and insist on having her direct info as her staff or main office line operators don’t seem to have authority to put you through to your own doctor in any event.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM?
After initial consult I only dealt with nurses and office coordinators and not dr. Patel. There seemed to be constant staff vacations or turnover which resulted in being able to speak to an actual human being over the phone impossible.
Describe the protocols Bansari (Bonnie) Patel used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Estrogen 2 mg beginning day two of cycle. Progesterone two weeks later followed by injectable medications. Clomid for my husband for 8 to 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
My first assigned nurse went out on maternity leave after our first visit and then her sub was to provide me with my protocol, prescriptions etc. Which I never received from her even after many phone calls and emails asking for my schedule. It took her being sick and the her sub to get all this done in one day. After that it returned to almost zero communication and me having track her down to get half an answer. Patient care coordinator never answers the phone and is constantly out of office.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The clinic was private, clean and did not allow children out of respect for patients feelings dealing with infertility. Location where procedures were done was clean and state of the art. Technicians and nurses there were pleasant and professional. Location was also very central making it easy to visit no matter where you are coming from. Billing department is a separate representative who sent me a work up of my costs in a massive email document written In technical and clinical terms that was very difficult for a person who is not a doctor to understand. This was also sent just a few days before payment was expected in full.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bansari (Bonnie) Patel at ACRM.
I was emailed a lengthy document with cost breakdown just 5 days before payment was expected. Everything was listed in medical and clinical terms that I couldn’t not understand so I had to call the representative to explain them to me which was still confusing as nobody had even fully gone over my protocol with me in a way I could understand. Also this payment was expected in full before I even started my injectable medications. These costs were also outrageously inflated compared to my current clinic and most clinics I researched.
What specific things went wrong at ACRM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ACRM.
I was basically given a huge packet of paperwork with no real understanding of what most of it meant or what items applied to me. Communication was terrible and there was no concern for my needs after initial consult. For the majority of my time as a patient I was unable to get anyone on the phone to inform them of time sensitive information such as my cycle starting or wondering why prescriptions were not called in with start dates fast approaching. Several times I would spend the day on the phone bouncing from one answering message to the next. I was never informed of Changes to the nurse staff which led to even more confusion. This was a heartbreaking experience for my husband and I as well as losing a full cycle of time to leave this practice to find a proper one. I also want to point out that this was three times the price of the clinic im with now
Bansari (Bonnie) Patel