Barbara Faber

Paradise Valley
11209 N. Tatum Boulevard, Suite 255
Phoenix, AZ 85028
602-494-5050
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Barbara Faber to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Camelback Women's Health to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%5
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
I felt like her [Dr. Barbara Faber's] protocol was very rigid, and didn't really account for my personal history or circumstance. She immediately recommended Clomid, and though I had very adverse reactions, didn't seem to want to discuss other options. She suggested doing Femara and a trigger shot, but wasn't very informative about other options.... I felt like she explained very vaguely what some of the medication side effects or outcomes would be, but she didn't seem to care about all the "rumored risks" of certain medications.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Barbara Faber at Camelback Women's Health?
Dr. Faber is very nice, and at first really appears to want to be helpful, however I felt that she was very content to just jump to using Clomid, Provera, Femara, and didn't really take the time to investigate further than that. I had pretty bad reactions to the medications, and felt like they messed up my cycles and hormones rather than helping anything. Yet she just kept suggesting the exact same protocol. I felt like she explained very vaguely what some of the medication side effects or outcomes would be, but she didn't seem to care about all the "rumored risks" of certain medications. When I asked her to run tests on my husband, she ran very very basic sperm count labs, but didn't explore more into why his morphology and motility were low. She said several times that if we controlled my ovulation, then that would be good enough. That was not the case, and later doctors proved that my husband's condition was related to a chromosomal abnormality that we now understand makes it very unlikely we will get pregnant/maintain a pregnancy on our own.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barbara Faber at Camelback Women's Health?
Ask questions, and don't just settle for a "run of the mill" treatment plan. I'll admit that I was young and just getting started into my infertility treatments, but I also just had a gut feeling that I wasn't being given all of the necessary information. Ask questions and don't be afraid to advocate for different medications/dosages. Every body is different, and there are many things that contribute to infertility. Trust your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barbara Faber at Camelback Women's Health?
I felt like her protocol was very rigid, and didn't really account for my personal history or circumstance. She immediately recommended Clomid, and though I had very adverse reactions, didn't seem to want to discuss other options. She suggested doing Femara and a trigger shot, but wasn't very informative about other options.
Describe the protocols Barbara Faber used in your cycles at Camelback Women's Health and their degree of success.
I was given 10mg of Provera immediately to induce a cycle, and then I was put on 100 and 150mg doses of Clomid. As well as 100mg of Macrobid. I was monitored, then she prescribed Azithromycin, and a 10,000 hCG trigger for timed intercourse. This same protocol was given for 4 cycles, despite negative drug responses and poor side effects and outcomes.
If I had to simply describe the overall feel of the nursing team and our experience it would be un-energetic. It just felt like we were being given a typical baseline protocol and sent away with a pat on the head. I didn't feel like we were being given very informative options, and the response was always "just give it time". Which, I understand, but the overall feeling was just lacking. The whole experience and our interactions felt very robotic rather than personalized, and our treatment felt like a very cookie cutter approach.
Describe your experience with Camelback Women's Health.
The clinic itself was just very typical. There wasn't a feeling that the Dr. or the nurses/staff were super invested, it just felt very generic and impersonal. I could tell that Dr. Faber wanted a good outcome, however, as my husband explained it, when she was faced with a complication or when we asked more complicated questions, she just kind of deflated. Communication was average, we didn't feel like it was bad, but it also wasn't super easy or convenient to get questions or concerns answered. I feel like it was an okay place for us to start, just due to cost as well as wanting to start with basic methods first, but we also were not given information about more in-depth solutions moving forward.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barbara Faber at Camelback Women's Health.
Our treatments through Dr. Faber were relatively basic. We mostly paid for medications, office visits, and the occasional ultrasound. It's a great starting point for that reason, if you suspect you're dealing with minimal infertility issues or just have general prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal monitoring, etc.
Describe Barbara Faber's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Camelback Women's Health.
She honestly never really seemed to want to discuss anything beyond medicated, timed intercourse cycles.
What specific things went wrong at Camelback Women's Health?
Barbara Faber
Camelback Women's Health
Paradise Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Barbara Faber at Camelback Women's Health.